New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

I've gone up to wave 8 in ESO with Octavia and (less easily) with Valkyr.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    I've gone up to wave 8 in ESO with Octavia and (less easily) with Valkyr.
    Doing that with Valkyr sounds like a lot of work. I did a 1 hour arbitration infested survival with her, and I'm going to need an auto-fire melee key before I do that again. I had a 4x combo multiplier, lost it, and built back up to 4x again. On the up side, nothing survives more than a second or two against pure red crit melee, but you just can't afford to stop, even with Drifting Contact.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Doing that with Valkyr sounds like a lot of work. I did a 1 hour arbitration infested survival with her, and I'm going to need an auto-fire melee key before I do that again. I had a 4x combo multiplier, lost it, and built back up to 4x again. On the up side, nothing survives more than a second or two against pure red crit melee, but you just can't afford to stop, even with Drifting Contact.
    I have... less problems with this, but that's because I'm the weirdo who went with Naramon as his primary Focus tree, even after the changes.

Having an actual decay for the melee combo meter is nice.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

4. - Top - End - #664

Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    I have... less problems with this, but that's because I'm the weirdo who went with Naramon as his primary Focus tree, even after the changes.

Having an actual decay for the melee combo meter is nice.
    Yeah, Naramon is the only one I haven't unlocked yet. I should probably get around to that.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

The only one I use with any sort of regularity is Zenurik because 150 energy that isn't tied to standing in one place for 20 seconds is a godsend for most frames, even before you factor in getting half again as much energy from pickups. I just wish it worked while channeling abilities. Pretty much the only frames that don't need energy (the way I build and play them, anyway) are Nekros and Valkyr. Maybe Rhino.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

Ever since I got my Fleeting Expertise (before I even got my second warframe) I never once went with below 170% efficiency, making Zenurik a luxury and not a necessity. Personally, I find Naramon a must for focus farming (40% more melee weapon affinity converts to lots of extra focus) and long missions with melee. I use Valkyr with maxed armor and maybe Endless War for these types of missions. Now that I've also gotten an Adaptation, I can stay for as long as my E button holds out.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D-naras View Post
    Ever since I got my Fleeting Expertise (before I even got my second warframe) I never once went with below 170% efficiency, making Zenurik a luxury and not a necessity. Personally, I find Naramon a must for focus farming (40% more melee weapon affinity converts to lots of extra focus) and long missions with melee. I use Valkyr with maxed armor and maybe Endless War for these types of missions. Now that I've also gotten an Adaptation, I can stay for as long as my E button holds out.
    Have you thought about using a joypad instead? Whenever I use a Quick Melee-to-win loadout (Wukong is my go to), I prefer plugging in a joypad and switching over to that once I've got Defy and a decent combo counter running with the keyboard and mouse.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Question for you folks out there, have any of you fiddled around with Ash, Covert Lethality, and Fatal Teleport? The combo looks deliciously fun, and there are even some bosses who are vulnerable to finishers. Was considering it as an option for farming Juggernauts (I forget which frame drops from them after you start the quest, Atlas maybe?) on the Derelict (to do double duty farming corrupted mods). Taking the key that reduces your damage 75% seems like it doesn't matter when you can just instantly kill anything you come across.

Is there something about that combo that I'm missing?

To clarify, our group would likely run all four keys, Nidus with the reduced shields key (damage dealer), Ash with reduced damage (quick Jugg killer), Limbo and one catch-all. Limbo is potentially a dual key carrier, as well as the one who picks up the prize and then riftwalks to the end of the level.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

9. - Top - End - #669

NinjaGuy

I don't really play Ash that much, but AKAIF yes that combo should absolutely work (there's a somewhat similar combo with Inaro, whose first ability opens up enemies to finishers). Not sure if it works on Juggs, but I'm sure you'll have fun trying . Nice thinking on double-farming corrupted mods and jugg stuff.
    Also, technically Juggs don't drop Atlas parts, but to complete the relevant quest (the Jordas Precept) you need to get the blueprint for Pherliac Pods, which do drop from juggs eventually. The overall blueprint for Atlas is given when you finish the quest, and you get the component blueprints from the boss fight that unlocks afterwards.

Also, Fortuna is (supposed to be) dropping this week! This being DE, I'm expecting it to be released Friday 11:59PM, but they might surprise us

Edit: if you have time give the hype page a read, it's got loads of stuff on it. Something to note: Khora and Nidus (as in, the Warframes themselves) are going to be "possible" Twitch drops when Fortuna launches. If that true's then I might finally get Khora (haven't really put much effort into farming the systems and BP)! AFAIK you can open twitch up in a tab and just leave it on a Waframe partner's page to get the drops, yes?
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2018-11-06 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, that combo works. Inaros and Excalibur can do the same, but more efficiently.

Jugernaut can no longer be killed by that combo though. DE patched that out long ago.

And I don't think Juggernaut drops any warframe parts. Perhaps you're thinking of Phorid?

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Question for you folks out there, have any of you fiddled around with Ash, Covert Lethality, and Fatal Teleport? The combo looks deliciously fun, and there are even some bosses who are vulnerable to finishers.
    This is the default Ash build for farming endo on the Sedna Arenas and in the Index (although you still need a separate carrier for the points with the latter). It works really well, with the only issue being it can be a bit hit and miss if it works sometimes, especially if your ping is high.

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Also, Fortuna is (supposed to be) dropping this week! This being DE, I'm expecting it to be released Friday 11:59PM, but they might surprise us

AFAIK you can open twitch up in a tab and just leave it on a Waframe partner's page to get the drops, yes?
    I think you mean this link.

If you're in Firefox, you can open up Twitch and get the drops that way. I've heard that Chrome can be a bit iffy as sometimes an inactive tab doesn't count as playing the stream. Don't forget to ensure that your WF and Twitch accounts are linked - I've had an occasional bug where they've de-linked and missed the drop from a stream.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-11-06 at 07:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess no mention of Melee 3.0, huh?

13. - Top - End - #673

I'd say its not a priority vs new Open World
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I'd say its not a priority vs new Open World
    Or it's a much more far-reaching change which affects lots of existing content, where adding more content doesn't. They said that Melee 3.0 would be coming later quite a while ago.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Question for you folks out there, have any of you fiddled around with Ash, Covert Lethality, and Fatal Teleport? The combo looks deliciously fun, and there are even some bosses who are vulnerable to finishers. Was considering it as an option for farming Juggernauts (I forget which frame drops from them after you start the quest, Atlas maybe?) on the Derelict (to do double duty farming corrupted mods). Taking the key that reduces your damage 75% seems like it doesn't matter when you can just instantly kill anything you come across.

Is there something about that combo that I'm missing?

To clarify, our group would likely run all four keys, Nidus with the reduced shields key (damage dealer), Ash with reduced damage (quick Jugg killer), Limbo and one catch-all. Limbo is potentially a dual key carrier, as well as the one who picks up the prize and then riftwalks to the end of the level.
    That's the Ash build I use, with a max Overextended and Stretch. My range for Teleport is something silly like 60 or 90m; if I can see it, it's a keystroke away from death. Build for range and efficiency; duration is a secondary concern and you don't need strength at all. Enemy radar is useful for the early warning it gives you, and a little survivability can help since you're vulnerable for a moment while you're in the kill animation (though using Smoke Cloud can mitigate that).

I won't be home until late tonight so I can't able to share exactly what I've done with it right now, but as long as you follow those guidelines you should be fine.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2018-11-06 at 02:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

16. - Top - End - #676

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Whoops, I meant this link actually

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    If you're in Firefox, you can open up Twitch and get the drops that way. I've heard that Chrome can be a bit iffy as sometimes an inactive tab doesn't count as playing the stream. Don't forget to ensure that your WF and Twitch accounts are linked - I've had an occasional bug where they've de-linked and missed the drop from a stream.
    Ah, good to know, thanks!
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

17. - Top - End - #677

NinjaGuy

IT'S HEEEEEEEERE

Update dropped about an hour before I had to go to work, so haven't had a chance to check it out, but I managed to download all of it and pop into Fortuna briefly. Got to say, it gave me chills to see my Warframe drop from the sky into Fortuna at the end of the Lift Together song. Of course, this being Warframe the audio to the intro was slightly ahead of the action so everything was out of sync, but what do you expect from DE And the launcher said that the update had failed and it was going to have to redownload, in spite of it launching the game immediately afterwards.

Still haven't got through the patch notes either, this is not going to be a productive day for me.

Edit: and hey, it's not even Friday yet! (for Canada/US at least, it's Friday morning for me as I'm typing.)
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2018-11-08 at 06:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

There's a universal code from the results of the Fortuna ARG: EARSON

There's also a PC code for the K-Drive Scrawl: TERMINALBIGFLIP

K-Drive scrawl will be available for consoles later and both codes are only available for a limited time (doesn't say exactly how long).

19. - Top - End - #679

NinjaGuy

Thanks for the Oni!

20. - Top - End - #680

I think i'll DL this, have a quick look at whats changed with my omega's and then leave it since i wont be playing for a couple of weeks so by the time i get back it "should" be stable out there with all the major issues squashed
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #681

NecromancerGirl

The only real issue I had so far was rather than start the second part of the quest, it made me redo the first part. worked just fine after that. There hasn't even been much lag from heavy traffic, unlike plains of eidolon. Really going to enjoy building a couple of moas. Also, Garuda looks friggin' wicked. Let's hope she's fun to play.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't have any issues with the visual/audio sync. Haven't really had any issues at all.

I'm not sold on the K-drive, though. My archwing is faster, ignores terrain, and I can shoot without dismounting. I guess the hoverboard tricks are sort of cool but there doesn't seem to be any actual reason I would ever choose it over my archwing, especially since they patched the launcher to be a permanent item instead of a consumable.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I didn't have any issues with the visual/audio sync. Haven't really had any issues at all.

I'm not sold on the K-drive, though. My archwing is faster, ignores terrain, and I can shoot without dismounting. I guess the hoverboard tricks are sort of cool but there doesn't seem to be any actual reason I would ever choose it over my archwing, especially since they patched the launcher to be a permanent item instead of a consumable.
    Do it for the aesthetic.

24. - Top - End - #684

NecromancerGirl

The K-drive is definitely the last thing on my list to spend resources on, especially after seeing the price tag on the moas. Eesh, and I wanted to build several of them. Also, I hope sometime down the line they release some different legs for them. I really like the bursa look with the shields, and I even think there's a new moa on fortuna that has smaller shields attached to his legs.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    K-Drive tricks and races are the only way to get standing with one of the Fortuna factions, it turns out.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

26. - Top - End - #686

NinjaGuy

Ayup. Not happy about that, given that the boards give mastery and I suck at both doing tricks and racing.

Good news though! If you interact with a certain NPC in Fortuna it replays the 'We All Lift Together' intro again, and this time it was in sync for me! Happy times! Also got the new Tek Enhance and Tek Assault mods for my Kavats, which means that when I get the new Vaccum mod for pets I'll finally start using Kavats.

27. - Top - End - #687

Daemon

I am really impressed with Fortuna. Here are my thoughts;
    • Orb Vallis runs so much smoother than Plains.
    • Eudico instead of Lotus as mission control is a breath of fresh air.
    • All the NPCs are extremely likeable and distinct. Their plight is real and you feel like you help them. I never got that out of Cetus NPCs.
    • Fortuna itself is cool and has so much more personality than Cetus (who thought that the first NPC hub we should get in our game of space ninjas should be about iron age tribesmen was a good idea?).
    • The Corpus in the Vallis (and in general) are much more interesting to fight than the Grineer.
    • The alert system is a very fun way to raise mayhem. Lots of quirky minibosses sprout at high alert levels, like Jackals, Ospreys that turn other units into nullifiers, Hyenas and the bigger Spiderbots.
    • K-Drive is a fun way to travel and the Vallis is made for it, making hoverskating to your destination worth your while. If you are having trouble sticking to the rails when grinding, make sure to disable V-sync in Display options and limit fps to 60 for a fix.
    • You can get mining and fishing stuff from resource crates so they are not mandatory. Mining is also better now with the new method.
    • Fishing is easier since bait is not necessary for the rare fish. I managed to catch all but 1 type of fish with no bait in my 1-hour fishing run yesterday.
    • The one Kitgun I bought is the bomb. It is a mini Arca Plasmor that reaches 105 crit chance with Primed Pistol Gambit and has 2.2X innate crit multiplier, hits and impact procs anything in its path. I lucked out and Zuud offered the exact Kitgun I wanted to build first .
    • The new weapons are fun and quirky, with the exception of the Kreska. Battacor has a unique firing method of automatic 2-round bursts with every kill charging a wide Opticor-like shot. It reaches max charge at 3 kills so you use it pretty often. Nagantaka looks mean, hits like a truck, inflicts tons of slash procs and has a let-it-rip function of unloading its entire clip on the alt-fire, much like Pandero, only slower and with a recoil that you can handle. The Ocucor is a short range beam that sprouts a homing laser tendril after each kill. You lose all tendrils on reload. I didn't find anything special in Kreska besides its high stats for a machete.

IMO Garuda is very cool-looking but not rewarding enough to use.
    • Her claws being available if you have no melee equipped is a brilliant idea and they are very good weapons on their own.
    • Her passive must be very strong but I can't tell in the heat of battle. It's probably the strongest part of her kit but it's also invisible except for the UI indicator. Maybe they should use a bigger UI element like Nidus' stacks to make it more satisfying.
    • When her 1 kills people it doesn't rip them in half like it did on the preview, at least for me (I have gore on), so it feels awkward to lunge at a Corpus, create a shield from their blood, and them just falling over as if they fainted. Throwing the heart is nice though. It feels like Nova's Antimatter Drop in that it has a deceptively wide AoE and sends victims flying. The heart also persists between shields, allowing you to passively charge it with damage.
    • Her 2 feels weak with a short radius and weak healing. I get that the slow rate of healing synergizes well with her passive but when you really need to heal, it's not enough. Maybe it needs to add an armor bonus or percent of damage reduction while in the radius to make it pop.
    • Her 3 only works for utilizing her passive. Also, me using max efficiency on all frames all the time makes the energy gain a waste. Maybe they should add some damage to the spin she does when using 3 to make it more satisfying (maybe equal to a spin attack of her claws?).
    • Her 4 looks cool but charges way too slow. It inflicts slash procs to all targets in front of you that are within the circle, even behind cover, and, supposedly, increase the damage they take from all attacks like Nova's 4. Either that, or causes all damage to marked targets to also inflict slash. Thematically, it's great. In the practical sense, Saryn can do better just by pressing 1 or 4.

All in all, this is a great update that got me playing Warframe over Starbound again.

28. - Top - End - #688

Griffon

I have to admit, from what I've seen and heard about Fortuna so far, I am feeling somewhat guilty over the fact that I'm just not that interested in it.

It's looks amazing, sounds wonderful, and the scope of what has been done would be paid-for DLC in any other game in the world, so to get it as a free update is almost unbelievable. All credit and admiration to the DE team for their incredible efforts and impressive ethics throughout the entire cycle.

But... I don't wanna go fishing any more, even with the new little minigame. I've had enough of hunting for shiny rocks. I don't get anything (emotionally, at least) out of fighting Teralysts, so I'm not sure why I'd want to repeat the experience fighting the giant spiders.

Perhaps I have just reached my limit for grind, and that one more faction whose rep I have to farm is one too many. It's not like I'm hurting for Mastery Levels and need the new gear, or anything.
    Or maybe I'm just reaching the end of my Warframe lifecycle - that happens often, where I put 500 hours into a game almost consecutively and then never touch it again. Even so, I can't help but think of it as more of the same - maybe I'll hang on until the Rail-jacking goes live and see if it reinvigorates my interest, but I don't think I'll be spending much time on Venus once I have a pet MOA of my own.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

29. - Top - End - #689

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    K-Drive tricks and races are the only way to get standing with one of the Fortuna factions, it turns out.
    But the only thing that faction does is...upgrade your K-Drive.

It seems completely ignorable if skating isn't your thing. Which is probably for the best.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #690

I've started playing again and instead of making progress I'm stuck in the affinity grinding loop because I have Burston prime parts and am not level 12.

I keep hearing stuff about the Second Dream quest from other people, and I hit that after my next junction. Is it really that important?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC