New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

The event was not as bad as i was expecting to get the Vandals. I actually got rid of one o the original amalgam mods yesterday. I had unwisely put some points into the barrel diffusion one before finding that no you can use them in sentinal weapons and as such was going to sit forcer up a the top of my mods list be be useless since i don't need 10% less MS for 4 more drain and to roll faster. I'd like the new Argonak one however that is a gun i use a decent amount and looks nice, they daikyu one tangentially maybe but its bonuses don't warrant the extra drain over the rest.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Yeah, Titania is awesome, but I've never done 60-80% of the group's damage on Kela or Lephantis the way I was consistently doing on the Ropalolyst. Though to be fair, I did most of my farming on both of those before I got Titania... Of course, now that I have all the Wisp pieces I'm not likely to spend a lot of time on Ropy any more, either.
    For random sortie groups I do that all the time. You just need plenty of power strength and to keep Razorwing Blitz stacked. Razorwing Blitz scales with power strength itself, so +200% or more fire rate is easy to reach. I do have 3 forma on Titania and another 3 on Dex Pixia so I can run a crit build.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The event was not as bad as i was expecting to get the Vandals. I actually got rid of one o the original amalgam mods yesterday. I had unwisely put some points into the barrel diffusion one before finding that no you can use them in sentinal weapons and as such was going to sit forcer up a the top of my mods list be be useless since i don't need 10% less MS for 4 more drain and to roll faster. I'd like the new Argonak one however that is a gun i use a decent amount and looks nice, they daikyu one tangentially maybe but its bonuses don't warrant the extra drain over the rest.
    The Daikyu one is pretty good IMO, but not for the Daikyu itself, you just use the bow as a stat-stick while attacking with Nikana Prime or Skiajati. The life steal makes you pretty much immortal so long as you're killing things. Apparently it doesn't work with Zaw Nikanas or the two-handed nikana Tatsu though, which would make it better.

Punch through for the Argonak is nice enough, but mostly wasted if you're running Shred or Primed Shred on it. The secondary effect is the same as Shattering Impact, which is good, but restricting it to daggers is not. Shattering Impact is most often used on Sarpa, letting you reduce armour from range.

The Ripkas mod is very good for using the Tigris or Exergis shotguns. Faster reload is always welcome there.
    Last edited by Excession; 2019-05-28 at 09:48 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1083

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I'd like the new Argonak one however that is a gun i use a decent amount and looks nice
    I think I have that one - it gives armour penetration to daggers, which really confused me until I realised the "set bonus" thing that they were going for.

You're welcome to mine for free, if you catch me online (Evenings GMT) - I had the Argonak only as MR fodder and have no desire to get it back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Apparently it doesn't work with Zaw Nikanas or the two-handed Nikana Tatsu though, which would make it better.
    Makes sense - the Tatsu isn't classed as a 'Nikana', it's a 'Two-Handed Nikana' with it's own specific stance mod, which I didn't find out until I had built the thing and tried to upgrade it. It was worth the investment though, it's a decent weapon and some of the animations it uses are amazing.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Plague Star is ... heh. Wonderfully chaotic and everyone's favorite Grineer is just hamming it up.

"Tenno maggots are after MY THRAX TOXIN!"

"No.... NO.... NOOOOOOOO!"

Been having way too much fun as Khora there. Soon as those spawn pods drop, I'm in the middle and tossing up a Strangledome.

Makes for nice groups of ammo, energy and health drops for folks between Hemacyst spawns.

With Venari and an Adarza Kavat on top of that, the field is wonderfully clear for the kill.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Daemon

I am conflicted about the current Nightwave act. It's pretty easy to rank up this time and it would be a shame to miss out on the Eidolon ephemera but at the same time I am going through my 3rd burn out of Warframe, since I started 3-4 years ago.

The last update was fun for a while but as soon as I farmed enough Hexenon for Wisp and the new guns, all hype deflated out of me.

I did Plague star the first time it rolled out and got all arcanes and at least 2 plague zaw blueprints left so I don't feel like doing it again.

I can't even do sorties due to the riven slot limit and I can't bring myself to get rid of my spare rivens because the are all melee rivens of potentially awesome weapons, if they ever roll out Melee 3.0. I've been holding on to these rivens since they announced the rework.

It's just one of these periods where Warframe turns into an obligation I guess. Anyone else feels/has felt like that before?

6. - Top - End - #1086

Im not doing the intermission because the 4th reward is a colour pallet i don't want and don't want to have to go through the hoops of having support remove.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D-naras View Post
    It's just one of these periods where Warframe turns into an obligation I guess. Anyone else feels/has felt like that before?
    Yup, at which point I go take a break.

The nice thing about Warframe is that weapons are mainly side-grades of each other - that Vaykor Marelok that got me around the starchart approximately 1000 days ago is still a very good weapon and hasn't been completely obsoleted by newer weapons.
    Even the venerable Lex Prime which has been superseded in damage terms by many new secondaries is still very useful as it's hitscan, making it very useful on the new open world maps.

So take a break, play something new for a bit and come back when you feel like it - all your equipment will still be as good as it was, unlike other MMOs.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Griffon

I understand where you're coming from. This happened to me around the 700 hours mark - that was about a year ago having played for about 18 months, roughly coinciding with the release of Khora/me hitting MR22, I think.

I picked her up and ground her to level 30, but I really didn't enjoy it. Nothing about her, specifically, but just the general feeling that all I had left was grinding. I'd done all the maps, had gotten to the top of all 6 Syndicates, had pretty much every piece of equipment available in the game that I wanted - the only thing left to do was grind reputation for Zaws and open relics for the Prime weapons that I didn't really care for, just to force myself to MR23, and then... what?

I took 6 months out and picked it up here and there when Fortuna was released, but I've never gotten back into the compelling, focused enjoyment that I used to. I've barely bothered picking up any of the newer Warframes, although Hildryn was worthwhile as she plays quite differently to other frames and the change of pace was nice.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

All the time, and I find that my active playtime between burnouts has grown shorter and shorter as well.

Won't be long before I drop it entirely, and just login to accompany friends, myself.

10. - Top - End - #1090

Daemon

Well, I just got Eidolon Ephemera so I can take a break without missing out on anything. I see myself replaying when Melee 3.0 drops or Railjack is released. There is no way that either happens before Tennocon (July 6th) or even the week after Tennocon so I'll probably won't be playing for at least a month.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

Some codes for free stuff from TennoCon, valid for approx 24hrs from time of posting:

SIMARISCREDITS - 3 day credit booster
    SIMARISDUCATS - 500 ducats
    SIMARISDISPLAY - Simaris glyph

I'd redeem these through the market interface in-game as the Warframe website is suffering a bit under the load.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

Also a buuuunch of stuff shown off in the stream. I'll stick to sharing the cinematic intro.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Also a buuuunch of stuff shown off in the stream. I'll stick to sharing the cinematic intro.
    I enjoyed that stream, the new systems look fun.

No mention of Stalker mode though (opt in pvp mode where instead of a NPC Stalker showing up, it's a player controlled one, much like a Dark Souls / Watchdogs invasion). I guess they didn't want to overshadow their announcements with a such a potentially contentious issue.

14. - Top - End - #1094

NinjaGuy

The Duviri Paradox trailer was absolute bonkers. Gonna need some time to process it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

15. - Top - End - #1095

Griffon

What, you're telling me that you don't want to play Red Dead Warframe?

16. - Top - End - #1096

NinjaGuy

As done by Hideo Kojima apparently.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Right now I'm assuming the actual gameplay will involve some Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure solutions. You just do whatever you want to do as the older version, then you have to go back and play that area later on in the past as the young version and you have to remember to set up the things to be able to do what you will have done later. Before.

"It'd be really helpful to have hid an Ignis in this hole. Oh look, an Ignis. Don't forget to go back into the past and put that in place later." That's what I think of when I imagine playing a paradox.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    "It'd be really helpful to have hid an Ignis in this hole. Oh look, an Ignis. Don't forget to go back into the past and put that in place later." That's what I think of when I imagine playing a paradox.
    Ah, but the implication is that the Grown Tenno would have died were it not for his past self putting the weapon in place. So he wouldn't be able to go back to the past.

Paradox that the younger self not knowing he'd need to stash the Ignis until his older self thought he could use an Ignis at that specific point in time at that specific location. So where does the temporal loop of the realization of the necessity of the stash begin?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Nerdomancer in the Playground Moderator

DruidGuy

i picked this game up recently and have about 15 hours into it right now. but despite watching a pile of youtube vids and reading some guides, am still vastly confused on how to progress in the game for the most part. I'm at MR 3 right now, so it's going, but i'm pretty much stuck on venus for the moment unable to do half the planet.

i did join a random clan from the games forums, but i can't build the key because i'm missing morphics. i think i can buy one for plat, but i have 10 remaining atm, and it costs 12 if the thread i read about it on some random site is correct still. i have no idea how trades work as in if you actually get someone to buy a mod you're selling, how does getting it to them, and collecting work? do you have to meet in one of the city zones and physically trade it, or can you mail it and attach a cost to it somehow?

and that's really just the tip of the proverbial iceburg of questions.

there never seems to be anyone from my clan on when i'm on to ask things to either which makes it frustrating some more...
    Spoiler: Medals & Current Characters
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    More sources, more choices, more power. Welcome to D&D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

20. - Top - End - #1100

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by jdizzlean View Post
    i picked this game up recently and have about 15 hours into it right now. but despite watching a pile of youtube vids and reading some guides, am still vastly confused on how to progress in the game for the most part. I'm at MR 3 right now, so it's going, but i'm pretty much stuck on venus for the moment unable to do half the planet.

i did join a random clan from the games forums, but i can't build the key because i'm missing morphics. i think i can buy one for plat, but i have 10 remaining atm, and it costs 12 if the thread i read about it on some random site is correct still. i have no idea how trades work as in if you actually get someone to buy a mod you're selling, how does getting it to them, and collecting work? do you have to meet in one of the city zones and physically trade it, or can you mail it and attach a cost to it somehow?

and that's really just the tip of the proverbial iceburg of questions.

there never seems to be anyone from my clan on when i'm on to ask things to either which makes it frustrating some more...
    trading can now only be done if you enable two factor authentication. You can trade from your clan dojo or from Maroo's bazaar on mars. Trading is done directly through a special interface that can only be accessed at these locations.

The best way to advance in the game and work your way around the star map is to complete the junction tasks. Most of the early ones are pretty simple to do, they just take some game time.

You'll find plenty of morphics on mars. I'd work on trying to get there rather than spending plat on a relatively common resource.

What're the problems you're having on venus?
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

21. - Top - End - #1101

DruidGuy

I suppose I should just try to do the junction gate to see if i can pass it, but the missions i'm stuck on are the defense/interception ones where you have to hold x number of nodes down against the computer. i can usually handle 2 by myself but when i move to the third one, the computer takes over 1 of the other 2 and i can never complete them.
    Show

I mean, I have been assuming Jdizzlean looks like Nathan Fillion this whole time to start with...
    The Mod Life Crisis If you need me to address a thread as a Moderator, please include a link

22. - Top - End - #1102

Griffon

Forgive me if this is a question begging an obvious answer, but have you made sure that when you start a game you have it set to PUBLIC and not CLAN or SOLO? Defence and Interception missions aren't meant to be done by yourself until you're significantly higher level, so unless you're in a particularly restrictive timezone you should usually be able to find a random player who can join in with you.

Otherwise though, the best way to progress is to do what Toastkart suggests and look at the Junctions to the next planets. Without me giving spoilers, your next goal is to get to Mercury; that will trigger the next plot mission, which in turn will open more of the map.

Don't worry about opening all of the planet map at once, some of it is intentionally gated off until later - either after plot related missions or until you're higher level. Focus on getting to the Assassination mission and then the Junction, and you'll generally be given an idea what to do next.

i have no idea how trades work as in if you actually get someone to buy a mod you're selling, how does getting it to them, and collecting work? do you have to meet in one of the city zones and physically trade it, or can you mail it and attach a cost to it somehow?
    Trading is done in person. You either go to a Clan Dojo (yours or the other guy's, it doesn't matter) or you go to one of the Relays (the "City Zone" you mentioned) and interact with the other player. Doing so opens up a menu where you drag and drop your items into the window and go through the confirmation process.

Unfortunately Warframe does not yet have a player-run "shop" or "auction house" where you can post your items and let people buy them remotely - you have to be present each time. Hopefully its something they will consider in the future though, it would make life much easier!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-07-16 at 04:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

@jdizzlean: If you want, we can help out here if nobody from your clan is on (or if you'd like to join one of the GitP clans). We'll need the platform you play on, your ingame name and what times (and timezone) you're active.

Any other questions, you can just ask here - we'll be happy to answer them if we can't do it ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Trading is done in person. You either go to a Clan Dojo (yours or the other guy's, it doesn't matter) or you go to one of the Relays (the "City Zone" you mentioned) and interact with the other player.
    Just to clarify Wraith's point a little, as Toastkart said, the only Relay you can trade at is Maroo's Bazaar. None of the other ones count and you can't trade in Fortuna (Venus 'city zone') or Cetus (Earth 'city zone').

24. - Top - End - #1104

DruidGuy

yep, i know the difference between solo and public.

my user name is DaRBTKB, pc, for the time being i generally play during the latter half of the week at any time between 9pm MST to 6am MST. occasionally i get on for an quick session in the morning during the first half of the week when i get home from work, but it's not for very long.

it might very well be a great idea to join one of the OoTS clans, i didn't even know there were any.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

my user name is DaRBTKB, pc, for the time being i generally play during the latter half of the week at any time between 9pm MST to 6am MST. occasionally i get on for an quick session in the morning during the first half of the week when i get home from work, but it's not for very long.

it might very well be a great idea to join one of the OoTS clans, i didn't even know there were any.
    There's a list of clans that Gitp'ers are in, on the first post of this thread. I'll need to check if we have any vacancies, but unfortunately we're a primarily EU timezone clan, so it'll probably be very lonely if you joined us.

Similarly, it looks like your online times are completely different to mine due to timezones - I think there are some US based Tenno here that might be more able to help.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Troll in the Playground

Your playtimes are when most US-based Tenno are asleep. You might have more luck with an Australian-based clan. I don't know if we have one of those on the forums, but I think Leon might be able to help; I bumped into him online a week or so ago when I was up WAY too late for a weeknight.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

27. - Top - End - #1107

NinjaGuy

I'm based in Australia, and based on those times there might be some overlap when we're both online. My clan might also be a bit more active than yours? IGN is thatSeniorGuy.

28. - Top - End - #1108

I cant promise much help as i'm hardly playing recently, only been on every few days and was very happy to find a late playing mangosta71 on one of them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #1109

I suppose I should just try to do the junction gate to see if i can pass it, but the missions i'm stuck on are the defense/interception ones where you have to hold x number of nodes down against the computer. i can usually handle 2 by myself but when i move to the third one, the computer takes over 1 of the other 2 and i can never complete them.
    For interception it's fine if the enemy captures a point. They will only assault one point at a time, so if you just keep moving and re-capture behind them you should still win. If you just keep capturing points you should stay ahead; don't prioritise defending a point unless you have all of them captured.

Your times would overlap with mine fairly well, and other NZ, AU, and South-East Asia players. You could change your region in-game to Oceania to get a bit more life in the region, trade, and recruiting chats, but latency won't be fun when trying to play across the Pacific Ocean cables. My IGN is Llamatronian if you want to try though. I could trade you a few starter mods if nothing else.
    Last edited by Excession; 2019-07-18 at 08:57 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1110

DruidGuy

i will likely reach out to you all at some point, but i did find a fairly active clan to join last night that had like 20 people online.

i'm still trying to figure out a ton of stuff, but i made it to mars last night, and am progressing along nicely, at least for the time being

also on mods for a sec:

why is it that when im trying to upgrade ones that are slotted, i keep getting errors saying the installed mod would exceed the capacity of slot a?
    Last edited by jdizzlean; 2019-07-21 at 01:34 AM.
    Show