New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

eek New cleric player needing help 3.5.

Hello!
    So I'm trying to build a dwarf cleric and I'm not really.... ok so I'm basically clueless with casters. I have played a D&D a handful of times as some form of melee class and the party of players(the people not the characters) seem to pick classes that have the ability to do support functions/roles however they seem to use it to support only themselves or throw out minor heals or buffs but use the majority of their abilities/spells to increase their own damaging abilities and we have no true support for the party. example we have a druid but he is wild shaping, moving earth and bringing floods.

I plan to play as a more of a combat medic heal/buff/counter as needed and if something breaks through go into melee, but I'm kind of stuck on what I need and how to play the roll... I have found plenty of options and information but not a 'playing cleric for dummies' with kind of a here just follow this and adjust as needed, like a fighter is about what weapon and armor you want then how you fight with them and upgrade them for more or different damage or survivability.

(also the DM is pretty much ok with almost anything including homebrew but I mostly prefer stuff from the books)

Thanks for any help I get!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: New cleric player needing help 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguss View Post
    "No" means "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    My other idea was to be a troglodyte were-cockroach and just smell bad in people's squares.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

This should help you, as most of the recommended spells are buff spells: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1238.0

Unfortunately, that was the best spell-recommendation list in a handbook that I could find- normally, they have descriptions and ratings for dozens of spells, but I guess that handbook writer (and the other writers of Cleric handbooks) wanted to focus on other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguss View Post
    "No" means "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    My other idea was to be a troglodyte were-cockroach and just smell bad in people's squares.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Thanks that does help a lot! I don't know why I can never find things like that

5. - Top - End - #5
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The Mod Wonder: If you need more info, reopen in the 3.x subforum linked above.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.