New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) The Primeval Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Mornings View Post
    Oh, yeah. the lock is super open.
    At least you dont have to worry about all those pesky-complicated quest objectives lol
    Forgive me; I'm not sure I understand. Did I do something wrong?

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Forgive me; I'm not sure I understand. Did I do something wrong?
    No, you just have a quest with a super easy objective lol
    Group 1 had less time to mess around than group 2 since you're on the 'A' version of your floor. Now it's time to move with a purpose.

3. - Top - End - #333

No, you just have a quest with a super easy objective lol
    Group 1 had less time to mess around than group 2 since you're on the 'A' version of your floor. Now it's time to move with a purpose.
    Oh, I see. Phew. Well, still gotta pick up my stuff, and help the others out. Erik isn't keen on unnecessary risks, but I imagine having Crofte and the others around improves his odds by a good bit.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I see. Phew. Well, still gotta pick up my stuff, and help the others out. Erik isn't keen on unnecessary risks, but I imagine having Crofte and the others around improves his odds by a good bit.
    Yup. Have other people help you pick stuff up if you have a bunch on the ground. You'll want to start moving soon.

5. - Top - End - #335

Yup. Have other people help you pick stuff up if you have a bunch on the ground. You'll want to start moving soon.
    Only other things on the ground now are his backpack and his bandolier, so it'll only take one more turn before he's out of there, then can try to get some of the others out

Also, where'd that random 50xp come from? I got 100 from influences that first round, but this most recent post says I had 150 before the influences I got for reading Crofte?
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-03-21 at 11:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Only other things on the ground now are his backpack and his bandolier, so it'll only take one more turn before he's out of there, then can try to get some of the others out

Also, where'd that random 50xp come from? I got 100 from influences that first round, but this most recent post says I had 150 before the influences I got for reading Crofte?
    You gained 100 from things you learned, not gaining new influences.
    You gain xp for acting within your influences. Look at Stella's posts for reference.

7. - Top - End - #337

You gained 100 from things you learned, not gaining new influences.
    You gain xp for acting within your influences. Look at Stella's posts for reference.
    Oh, I see. Don't worry, I'll get it eventually, you might just have to drill it in to my head a bit harder

8. - Top - End - #338

Oh, I see. Don't worry, I'll get it eventually, you might just have to drill it in to my head a bit harder
    yeah the way he does XP always seemed a bit wonky to me till he explained it... then it still seemed wonky but worked so i just let it happen lol

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Gonna include this in the OOC but i wanna check it before I act this round. Okay, since this is my fourth Fort roll the DC should be 17 now, if I'm not mistaken.
    Spoiler: 55% chance to succeed, time to roll an 8.
    Show
    (1d20+8)[10] Fort

Mother...

Spoiler: Speed and Stagger, if successful
    Show
    (1d4)[1]
    (1d3)[2]

Probably gonna dip into my scorned powers next turn to get me out of that dang save because I'm gettin real antsy here.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2019-03-22 at 03:09 PM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

10. - Top - End - #340

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Gonna include this in the OOC but i wanna check it before I act this round. Okay, since this is my fourth Fort roll the DC should be 17 now, if I'm not mistaken.
    Spoiler: 55% chance to succeed, time to roll an 8.
    Show
    [roll0] Fort

Mother...

Spoiler: Speed and Stagger, if successful
    Show
    [roll1]
    [roll2]

Probably gonna dip into my scorned powers next turn to get me out of that dang save because I'm gettin real antsy here.
    Don't worry, worst case scenario, Erik will pick you up and drag you out with him

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't worry, worst case scenario, Erik will pick you up and drag you out with him
    Thanks. Grimdark lads gotta stick together. :p

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

12. - Top - End - #342

Consolidate your results in IC spoiler at the end of your posts if you want to put your rolls in OOC in the future. Not going to look across multiple threads for rolls anymore, it's very time consuming.
    Makes sense. I'll make a standard practice of putting rolls in an OOC spoiler at the end of IC posts from now on.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

alright, posted for group 2. will do stella next, then back to group 1.

there's a lot going on for everyone. don't expect to understand everything all at once, since everyone is individually picking up pieces to the larger picture lol

also, first potential advancement out of the new PCs. cool beans.

14. - Top - End - #344

...are we gonna get warped to another zone? We're in F3A, and we have 8 rounds to get out, which is 48 seconds... and they're running cycles of tests... how many times have we died? Do we just live in a simulation?

My brain hurts

Also, wow, that's a lotta information! At this rate, Regina is gonna unravel the truth of the corruption before we even make it out of Willowbrook
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-03-23 at 10:03 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345

BlackDragon

...are we gonna get warped to another zone? We're in F3A, and we have 8 rounds to get out, which is 48 seconds... and they're running cycles of tests... how many times have we died? Do we just live in a simulation?

My brain hurts
    Hahahahaha.....

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

My brain hurts

Also, wow, that's a lotta information! At this rate, Regina is gonna unravel the truth of the corruption before we even make it out of Willowbrook
    Haha, there's a lot of plot, but its a rabbit hole. We're 16 pages into the prologue, the literal prologue of the game. Most of that has been Stella trying to dig deeper into the truth of the world and preparing for the enviable end. As the Whispering Witch's apprentice that put her in a decent position to try to look for the root of the cause, but even she has yet to even begin scratching the surface on that front.

If Regina wants to uncover the truth of the corruption, and by extension, the Long Night... She's going to have to take the 'red pill'.

17. - Top - End - #347

Haha, there's a lot of plot, but its a rabbit hole. We're 16 pages into the prologue, the literal prologue of the game. Most of that has been Stella trying to dig deeper into the truth of the world and preparing for the enviable end. As the Whispering Witch's apprentice that put her in a decent position to try to look for the root of the cause, but even she has yet to even begin scratching the surface on that front.

If Regina wants to uncover the truth of the corruption, and by extension, the Long Night... She's going to have to take the 'red pill'.
    Yeah, ive been working to try and figure out stuff while also trying to get Stella powers and stuff that might let her win at the end... its a very deep rabbit hole, as well there is constantly small bits hidden through out Mornings posts... and im not talking just what is in the main portion of the post, the info in spoilers is a major thing that i have slowly been realizing matters a lot as well and can give you information.

18. - Top - End - #348

Haha, there's a lot of plot, but its a rabbit hole. We're 16 pages into the prologue, the literal prologue of the game.
    Wut

When I said my head hurt before, I was kidding, but now my head actually hurts. That scale is insane. If I actually make Erik immortal via undeath, I might be in this game forever. Except for the whole possibility of dying thing, but Erik doesn't plan for that to happen

...how long have you been working on this?
    Last edited by Stevesciguy; 2019-03-23 at 04:17 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Wut

When I said my head hurt before, I was kidding, but now my head actually hurts. That scale is insane. If I actually make Erik immortal via undeath, I might be in this game forever. Except for the whole possibility of dying thing, but Erik doesn't plan for that to happen

...how long have you been working on this?
    Lulz yeah. The game is called The Primeval Dark, not 'prologue to the end'. If you swing back over to the IC on page 1 opening post, you'll see that's just the chapter name for the opening of the game lmao

I've only worked on this one for around three years. I say 'only', because the scale is much larger than the time invested. I had help and did test runs, even world building cannon narraration with the help of like 7 groups of people to iron out some of setting. I did a few initial runs using the setting a number of times here on OOTS too, just to ground everything in place and make it feel immersive. I've left pretty much everything any of these 'pioneer players' have done as cannon to the setting, so there's a few salutes to those guys tossed about.

After having run small linear instances of the setting, I found that you can't really substitute anything for the real experience of walking in the footsteps of actual players. It adds immense weight and makes a game hit like a freight train, because those experiences are distantly reflected in the world. You just can't capture that normally.

20. - Top - End - #350

Lulz yeah. The game is called The Primeval Dark, not 'prologue to the end'. If you swing back over to the IC on page 1 opening post, you'll see that's just the chapter name for the opening of the game lmao

I've only worked on this one for around three years. I say 'only', because the scale is much larger than the time invested. I had help and did test runs, even world building cannon narraration with the help of like 7 groups of people to iron out some of setting. I did a few initial runs using the setting a number of times here on OOTS too, just to ground everything in place and make it feel immersive. I've left pretty much everything any of these 'pioneer players' have done as cannon to the setting, so there's a few salutes to those guys tossed about.

After having run small linear instances of the setting, I found that you can't really substitute anything for the real experience of walking in the footsteps of actual players. It adds immense weight and makes a game hit like a freight train, because those experiences are distantly reflected in the world. You just can't capture that normally.
    I'd assumed the games full name was "The Primeval Dark - Prologue to the End". I had no clue it was a literal prologue.

Jesus, I can't really comprehend that kind of dediction. I'm just now DMing my first game ever(as in, I just made the opening post a few minutes ago), and the idea of putting 3 years worth of work into building the world seems terrifying

21. - Top - End - #351
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

There was an Appraise check from Miryks that may have been missed. Was there anything gleaned from it? Just want to double check before posting Miryk's next thoughts and actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    There was an Appraise check from Miryks that may have been missed. Was there anything gleaned from it? Just want to double check before posting Miryk's next thoughts and actions.
    Wasn't missed, Miry was locked in cell and couldn't see the scarf. He might be able to see it now that he's standing despite Matik being around the corner. Nothing gained from previous check.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

I'd assumed the games full name was "The Primeval Dark - Prologue to the End". I had no clue it was a literal prologue.

Jesus, I can't really comprehend that kind of dediction. I'm just now DMing my first game ever(as in, I just made the opening post a few minutes ago), and the idea of putting 3 years worth of work into building the world seems terrifying
    Nice. Good luck on your game. If you get more into world building, or just running games, you'll slowly start to snowball larger more ambitious projects. Mostly depends on how much you enjoy it doing it.

24. - Top - End - #354

Wasn't missed, Miry was locked in cell and couldn't see the scarf. He might be able to see it now that he's standing despite Matik being around the corner. Nothing gained from previous check.
    Ah, gotcha. Sorry about that!
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #355

Nice. Good luck on your game. If you get more into world building, or just running games, you'll slowly start to snowball larger more ambitious projects. Mostly depends on how much you enjoy it doing it.
    Thanks. I'm a bit nervous since I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing, but hopefully I'll get better as time goes on, if I like it

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Apologies for not responding for a couple days; I was pretty sick and didn’t have much mental energy to spare. I’ll get a post up now, and I’ll do my best to make sure that it doesn’t happen again.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2019-03-23 at 09:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Fort save: (1d20+10)[14]
    Will save: (1d20+6)[21]
    What are the DCs for these? 19?

28. - Top - End - #358

Quote Originally Posted by In 4 Dimensions View Post
    Apologies for not responding for a couple days; I was pretty sick and didn’t have much mental energy to spare. I’ll get a post up now, and I’ll do my best to make sure that it doesn’t happen again.
    Oh man, glad to hear you're on the mend and happy to have Machari back in the mix!
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks. I'm a bit nervous since I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing, but hopefully I'll get better as time goes on, if I like it
    Yea won't know til you give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by In 4 Dimensions View Post
    No problem, welcome back. If you're not able to post you can always post OOC to let me know what you want to do, or just give me a heads up.

You're currently at DC19. Will be 18 the following round.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Won't have the IC update up for group 1 tonight, some other stuff came up and got distracted lol. Will finish the post tomorrow.