New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: (OOC) The Primeval Dark

Realized Arina still has unspecified "potions" on her gear list. I'll get that fixed as soon as I'm able.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    Realized Arina still has unspecified "potions" on her gear list. I'll get that fixed as soon as I'm able.
    Cool beans. Sounds good.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Posted the update. I'll also be making updates to the OOC thread as I get time, so that things like quests and potential advancements & characters etc are easy to track.

With Ecta not getting up, I suppose we have an interesting spin on things. The IC is very flexible with this being a sandbox game, so feel free to give your own wild ideas a shot too and steer the game how you want. I'm tracking all the background stuff and the quests already available/ongoing in other locations, but there's no real rails.

I'll be adding a maps section and such, but for now i'll put up the region you're in so you can see where you actually are.

The Purple ring is The Gap
    The Red Circle is the general area of Point 19: The Sacred Grove

Spoiler: An unedited map so you can see the names
    Show

Last edited by Mornings; 2018-07-05 at 09:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Destroyed them checks lol, hopefully i nothing bad happens with my Know forbidden check.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by forg99rules View Post
    Destroyed them checks lol, hopefully i nothing bad happens with my Know forbidden check.
    Lets find out

Forbidden:
    (1d100)[95]

Spite (1)
    (1d100)[69]

Edit: nice rolls
    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-04-13 at 12:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

As promised, update posted.

See that you're getting up your update IC within 24 hours of whenever my last update is so that we can keep progress regular. I might not post every day, but i'll let you know if I'll be a bit behind. If we keep this schedule should have an update from me every other day, with whatever npc dialogue etc I throw down in between that.

7. - Top - End - #37

WTF 2 nat 20's on that Know Abstracts... and i got one last time as well... the hell is up with this roller lol i love it... course the nat 1 on the dopli that i doubt will actually be used is meh

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

I've updated the bookmark i had with the potential advancement table etc. You can use this tab to keep track of your advancements. Your influences are things which dictate your potential growth and are things from your past which have typically influenced you greatly. Following those motivations will progress your existing Potentials, but as characters grow those things to will change with time.

Some Potentials have secret prerequisites to unique advancements, such as Focused Mind. When you clear any hidden prerequisites the applicable advancement quest will be come available. Some Potential advancements can be lengthy, but typically will be able to be accomplished just as you venture and play. Some monumental tasks may require very specific conditions, such as visiting a certain location and accomplishing a unique task. Similarly, some advancements may require the completion of another due to the strength of the Potentials they grant - such as acquire Knowledge (Abstract). Advancements do not always grant a potential for their completion, in fact, most do not. Unique advancements acquired from unknown prerequisites are typically the only quests which do.

From here forward I'll also be awarding XP for good RP and such. I'll be adding more tabs to my bookmarks as we continue to progress.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Just going to roll Perception to check if Aden sees Stella zoned out.

(1d20+6)[9]

Nope!
    Last edited by THEChanger; 2018-04-14 at 08:41 PM.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Regarding Arina's potential: I was thinking about how much she knows about the nature of Elsa and Maria. Unless it's important that she knows more than this, I think her understanding of their nature is pretty limited at this point. When she was picked for the Cotton Club, I don't think she had any idea she even had a Potential, and has since gathered it's related to some sort of powerful spirit that's attached to her in some way, but she doesn't realize its scope. That's not super important to the character, so if it matters that she know what her own Potential is I can change that.

I think she's a bit too preoccupied to pay too much attention to what's going on with Stella at the moment.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    Just going to roll Perception to check if Aden sees Stella zoned out.

[roll0]

Nope!
    Lulz, oh well. You could just take 10 next time since you're not in combat.

Regarding Arina's potential: I was thinking about how much she knows about the nature of Elsa and Maria. Unless it's important that she knows more than this, I think her understanding of their nature is pretty limited at this point. When she was picked for the Cotton Club, I don't think she had any idea she even had a Potential, and has since gathered it's related to some sort of powerful spirit that's attached to her in some way, but she doesn't realize its scope. That's not super important to the character, so if it matters that she know what her own Potential is I can change that.

I think she's a bit too preoccupied to pay too much attention to what's going on with Stella at the moment.
    It's not particularly important, yet. Since there hasn't really been much as far as direct influence goes, Arina wouldn't know much when it comes to these particular entities. As they have never revealed themselves, there isn't much for her to have learned thus far. No doubt she's aware that she's haunted, and weird things happen around her, but it's easy to simply have dismissed that as the meddling of any of the other spirits which she had encountered.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

IC updated. Spoiler'd current XP awarded - which is mostly for RP, but can be received from good use of mechanics and/or skill checks, etc. I'll be adding the XP tab on the front page later.

Edit: Remember that award XP will be counting towards 6th level progression and not your level up from 3rd to 4th level, etc. You'll gain character levels every 2-3 major encounters/questline completion. Quests don't need to be main quests to level you, but typically completing a Potential Advancement won't provide you a level.
    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-04-15 at 11:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

forgot i was gonna do a diplo to try and make this dude like me more... rolling it here

Diplo: (1d20+8)[10] using Charmed as well for a +5 to it
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2018-04-16 at 12:59 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hey, forg, would the fact that Stella is a witch be something we'd know IC? I don't think it is, but figured I should make sure before posting Arina's reaction.

I plan to read through all the replies and get a post of my own up after I'm done with class this evening.

-----

15. - Top - End - #45

Hey, forg, would the fact that Stella is a witch be something we'd know IC? I don't think it is, but figured I should make sure before posting Arina's reaction.

I plan to read through all the replies and get a post of my own up after I'm done with class this evening.
    Naw me being a witch isnt something thats known... its something she has been keeping secret from everyone... to all others they would just think she is some sort of divine caster cause for all purposes she kind of is...

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

So, Arina can post inside the safe and warm hut, as normal. but for everyone else outside, things are going to get a little wonky. plan to modify posts, etc as needed to account for the update.

17. - Top - End - #47

ima get us all killed aint i LOL... that or time is up and daylight is here and Denils plan failed

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Aiight, so with that, I'll work on Arina's reply now. Yes, she would also be feeling that eerie sensation of things getting messed up and twisted.

19. - Top - End - #49

whelp... i got us screwed over... but i played my character how she would act... more fun right......... leave it to me to ask someone their name and **** things up...
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2018-04-16 at 09:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

All updated. Kinda worked out since doesn't look like anyone else was posting within the 24 hours window, so just pressing forward. When combat begins, remember you have 24 hours from when I resolve a round to act, otherwise you'll delay/standby/cower in fear or otherwise just perform a rudimentary action, like shooting a bow (no, I'm not going to 5ft step you out of threat if you're being botted). Things like talking aren't counted against this, but I plan on keeping it fast paced so we're not spending a week just resolving a single round. If you don't think you'll make it in time to post, let me know and I can resolve whatever actions you'd like to take. I got discord, skype and whatever else if that's more convenient.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to start working on the update. If you want to throw down a post, you'll likely finish before I do. Just as a heads up. The further the quest progresses, the more time sensitive responses are going to become. Try and get down your posts (or provide notice) 24 hours from when I provide the update, because I'm going to keep trucking along unless someone says otherwise.

22. - Top - End - #52

Im gonna take a card, since it was me that created the mess lol... hope for the best... will be posting tomorrow since its 1am here atm and i need sleep.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

While Feliks wouldn't take a card himself, his hand might.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

24. - Top - End - #54

Well its easy to keep the hand from taking one lol, just stand far enough away that it cant reach it...

25. - Top - End - #55

Anyone else gonna be getting a post up before the deadline?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be updating tomorrow. I posted late yesterday, so the deadline is relatively late by extension.
    Remember post order out of combat doesn't dictate someone acting first. If you want to interrupt another player, like Stella, then you have the ability to do so even if posting after the fact (reference house rules lol).

27. - Top - End - #57

Well... guess i gotta roll init and hope to beat ya now...

Init roll: (1d20+8)[27]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Derp, I just realized you actually did respond to Arina in the last update Somehow I missed the last post on the first page. I'll be posting shortly.

EDIT: Nice, managed to make the spellcraft roll! That was a less than 50/50 shot, and I'd hate to see what would've happened if I had failed...
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-04-18 at 11:29 PM.

-----

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Derp, I just realized you actually did respond to Arina in the last update Somehow I missed the last post on the first page. I'll be posting shortly.

EDIT: Nice, managed to make the spellcraft roll! That was a less than 50/50 shot, and I'd hate to see what would've happened if I had failed...
    Of course, I said I'd get you your response haha.

Nice check.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

I know how I'll do it.

25% chance out of a d100
    So anything 25 or less results in Felix being a little to close to the cards and his hand snatching one. Why? Cause as much as I want to play it "safe", I'm also a little disappointed when I'm always trying to play it safe and never take chances. But you know, take chances, get messy, cover a dinosaur in bacon.. For science!
    (1d100)[86]
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence