New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) The Primeval Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I know how I'll do it.

25% chance out of a d100
    So anything 25 or less results in Felix being a little to close to the cards and his hand snatching one. Why? Cause as much as I want to play it "safe", I'm also a little disappointed when I'm always trying to play it safe and never take chances. But you know, take chances, get messy, cover a dinosaur in bacon.. For science!
    [roll0]
    Sometimes you gotta live for the moment haha

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

I know how I'll do it.

25% chance out of a d100
    So anything 25 or less results in Felix being a little to close to the cards and his hand snatching one. Why? Cause as much as I want to play it "safe", I'm also a little disappointed when I'm always trying to play it safe and never take chances. But you know, take chances, get messy, cover a dinosaur in bacon.. For science!
    [roll0]
    Safe is never fun, always go all out balls to the walls. If you arent worried that you just screwed up monumentally then your not doing it right lol. At least in Mornings games this applies... other games... well not so much lol. The route to progress in mornings games is forged with lots of Yolo's and hoping that your crazy stunt or insane questioning worked out in your favor enough that you didnt die and lived to see another day of insanely difficult play.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, and never having a vehicle as somehow something always destroys/misplaces it. The probability of destory increases with the mount of worth.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

4. - Top - End - #64

Very true, vehicles and companions in mornings games normally dont work out very well lol

Cant wait to see what happened though with my draw.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the results were pretty good, but the formatting on this post is taking me a long time. I'll try to get it finished tonight, but there may be a delay.

Well, and never having a vehicle as somehow something always destroys/misplaces it. The probability of destory increases with the mount of worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by forg99rules View Post
    Very true, vehicles and companions in mornings games normally dont work out very well lol

Cant wait to see what happened though with my draw.
    Hey hey, you got a wagon and toys for free, but I never said you wouldn't be left unconscious in the woods and had to fetch it

If things had gone the more boring route, you would have recovered them shortly after starting. Or at least, it would be extremely likely, unless you went off to do something very unexpected - then it might be a bit, but oh well. Things veered a completely different direction when Ecta didn't wake up, but I think things developed in a more entertaining way lol
    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-04-19 at 10:18 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Mornings View Post
    Well, the results were pretty good, but the formatting on this post is taking me a long time. I'll try to get it finished tonight, but there may be a delay.

Hey hey, you got a wagon and toys for free, but I never said you wouldn't be left unconscious in the woods and had to fetch it

If things had gone the more boring route, you would have recovered them shortly after starting. Or at least, it would be extremely likely, unless you went off to do something very unexpected - then it might be a bit, but oh well. Things veered a completely different direction when Ecta didn't wake up, but I think things developed in a more entertaining way lol
    Well yeah i mean we got them... in a way lol... still though i remember my last vehicle... that poor airship... at least this time my wagon prolly isnt being drafted into an army.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Forgot to add my edit on the IC, now it's updated.

Felik gained 3 new influences.

Your influences, will change and reflect your motivations and values. You might have a super long list, or loose old ones. Either way as you play and characters grow/act with reoccurring themes these will change. Pursuing actions related to your influences will unlock Potential advancements related to your influences.

At this point, we'll just say Ecta is gone. If Da'shain is able to drop in, it's easy to plug her back into the game.

Onward to glory.

8. - Top - End - #68

Well this is definately a change in scenery lol, not only are we now not about to die a horrible soul stealing death but we got our wagons back and are in sandpoint... yay?... Also i take it that since the Main Quest has changed again that the Divergence was fixed?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Well this is definately a change in scenery lol, not only are we now not about to die a horrible soul stealing death but we got our wagons back and are in sandpoint... yay?... Also i take it that since the Main Quest has changed again that the Divergence was fixed?
    The main quest will continue to change as your ability to complete them alters, for some cases that isn't always a good thing and may simply compound upon a situation. This is one of those cases, as the Divergence remains very much unaffected. Depending how closely you're paying attention, that is evidenced in the previous update. So hold on to your pants. You ain't out of the woods yet.

10. - Top - End - #70

Ive been busy since i got off work, and am still gonna be busy the rest of the night. Will get a post up tomorrow when i wake up.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Time for so rolls

Forbidden: (1d100)[88]
    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-04-22 at 02:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Messed up the spite % rolls

Spite (1d100)[17]
    Spite (1d100)[7]
    Spite (1d100)[31]
    Spite (1d100)[55]

13. - Top - End - #73

well, i stabalized.. so thats a good thing at least lol... now hopefully this shoanti thats coming at us isnt gonna try and **** us up... oh yeah and i would love if Arina uses her staff to help with the Spite i got... i will prolly mention the damn spite in the next IC post and ask if anyone knows how to remove it.

So far its been fun... though Feliks seems to hate stella now lol, cant wait for more RP to happen

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'll do what I can with it, but I can't really reliably use it--it's keyed off of Spellcraft which is a skill she isn't that great in.

Mornings, does Arina IC more or less know what the staff can do/what spite is? Or is that something she'd have to figure out?
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

15. - Top - End - #75

Well, luckily for the removal of spite its 25 minus targets wisdom... and i got a 17 wisdom currently so you would need an 8 and i would assume that i could provide assistance with that check... funny enough if i had the staff i could auto pass most of its checks myself.

but yeah this all is reliant on you knowing the staffs abilities

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    I'll do what I can with it, but I can't really reliably use it--it's keyed off of Spellcraft which is a skill she isn't that great in.

Mornings, does Arina IC more or less know what the staff can do/what spite is? Or is that something she'd have to figure out?
    Arina gained knowledge of everything listed within her potential, but the character does not learn information in context. This extends to the flavor text of the potential, and such things as Ascension or Spite. They exist, and are required for X, Y & Z ability, but she doesn't understand what they are or how they function.

There are some potentials which may have abilities which are not revealed initially and grow over time, but you'll be aware those additional effects are present, just not how to use them or what they'll do - until they are unlocked. These are most often attained via potential advancement quests.

Potentials can't be shared or used by others unless specifically stated otherwise within that potential ability.

Well, luckily for the removal of spite its 25 minus targets wisdom... and i got a 17 wisdom currently so you would need an 8 and i would assume that i could provide assistance with that check... funny enough if i had the staff i could auto pass most of its checks myself.

but yeah this all is reliant on you knowing the staffs abilities
    Forg, any effects in Pathfinder keyed off an ability score, key off that score's modifier, not it's base. Exceptions will be specifically noted if/when that is not the case.

17. - Top - End - #77

well yes normally thats how it is, but with your stuff i never know since its never standard...

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

well yes normally thats how it is, but with your stuff i never know since its never standard...
    Fair enough. I do throw in some things out of the ordinary.
    If you do see something unusual you can always ask for clarification.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

alright, IC updated. Have at it.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So with regards to healing Stella, it seems straight negative energy isn't as readily available in Spheres of Power. There are some destruction talents, but they have a specific effect on undead rather than healing them with negative energy. I can get access to Manipulate Undeath, which lets me heal undead, presumably through negative energy although it doesn't specify. I'm kind of suspecting Stella hasn't gone fully undead but has flipped on positive/negative energy effects, so if that's the case I suppose it'd be up to the DM how that works exactly. In any case, it's not something I'm really willing to try in public (or in front of the Sheriff, more than likely).

Spoiler: Manipulate Undeath
    Show
    Manipulate Undeath (ghost strike) [Core]
    You may make a ghost strike that harms undead, dealing 1d8 damage per 2 caster levels (minimum: 1d8, Will half). You may spend a spell point to instead heal the undead for this amount.

The spiritualism tradition for the hedgewitch class is really good. 4 times a day (for now, it will go up) I can get any one combat feat or magical talent I don't have. Which means I actually have a lot of flexibility in my casting, at least a few times a day and if I've got the action to spend. That's one of the ways I plan on dealing with a somewhat limited set of magic talents that I'll be able to pick up.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    So with regards to healing Stella, it seems straight negative energy isn't as readily available in Spheres of Power. There are some destruction talents, but they have a specific effect on undead rather than healing them with negative energy. I can get access to Manipulate Undeath, which lets me heal undead, presumably through negative energy although it doesn't specify. I'm kind of suspecting Stella hasn't gone fully undead but has flipped on positive/negative energy effects, so if that's the case I suppose it'd be up to the DM how that works exactly. In any case, it's not something I'm really willing to try in public (or in front of the Sheriff, more than likely).

Spoiler: Manipulate Undeath
    Show
    Manipulate Undeath (ghost strike) [Core]
    You may make a ghost strike that harms undead, dealing 1d8 damage per 2 caster levels (minimum: 1d8, Will half). You may spend a spell point to instead heal the undead for this amount.

The spiritualism tradition for the hedgewitch class is really good. 4 times a day (for now, it will go up) I can get any one combat feat or magical talent I don't have. Which means I actually have a lot of flexibility in my casting, at least a few times a day and if I've got the action to spend. That's one of the ways I plan on dealing with a somewhat limited set of magic talents that I'll be able to pick up.
    Hm, I wouldn't count that as positive or negative energy.
    Spheres does have quite a bit of abilities which are in some undefined gray area, which sometimes can be beneficial as well. Uncovering the entirety of Stella's worsening condition won't be an over-night task. If you are going to poke at her with positive/negative, it's recommended to start with small amounts since her hit points are low.

This task falls within the purview of Feliks's potential advancement quest. It's not easy, and as a general rule of thumb, proceeding cautiously is the best option. Your knowledge check isn't suggesting that she's become an undead, or an equivalent of a dhampir (which would fall within knowledge religion). There is some magic at work that has changed her, and Arina has no idea how or what might happen if influenced by certain kinds of arcane energy while cursed. She has the suspicion that while she is changed in such a way, positive energy would do her harm - not necessarily physical harm, but would be somehow harmful to her current state. This is entirely based off her unexplainable feeling of something being warped and stolen by the hands. But this isn't suggesting that she has been changed to something akin to an undead - (though Feliks's heal check is suggesting that exactly.) As all of this is based off of a sense of intuition, how Arina acts on those feelings is up to her. But I just don't want the results of her check to seem like one result directly correlates to another when that's not the case. Both Feliks and Arina are seeing two very different sides of an issue because they're using two radically different approaches.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yeah, the logic that I (and Arina by extension) am working with is the dual opposite nature of positive and negative energy. One harms, one heals, and which one does which depends on the creature. But she's definitely hesitant to try it for many reasons, including the fact that Stella's badly hurt right now. Arina has no indication that she might actually be undead which is part of why she isn't sure it'll work (since the ability specifically mentions undead).
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-04-25 at 10:27 AM.

-----

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

I need to get a team together and about thirty bottles of Vicodin for this.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Added the EXP Tab, though EXP hasn't been totaled yet. And added the quest tab.
    Will get to adding a map tab, and tabs such as character history and knowledge history to assist in tracking your discoveries and information which you've uncovered - specifically presented in a boiled-down OOC format for ease of access & understanding what you've actually learned IC.

25. - Top - End - #85

Rolling for perception to hear them.

(1d20+9)[26] yeah i heard them lol
    Last edited by forg99rules; 2018-04-27 at 06:38 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Rolling to see if I overhear as well: (1d20+9)[11]

Well... Apparently Arina is paying attention to other things
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-04-29 at 12:04 PM.

-----

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is my perception test. (1d20+10)[30]
    Sorry for the slow speed, got caught up in things earlier.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Perception Check - (1d20+6)[19]
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Alright boys and girls, we're back in action. IC updated.

30. - Top - End - #90

Sense Motive to see if he is pissed at me or Aden....

(1d20+1)[5]