New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Darths & Droids IV: Not in Numerical Order

Spoiler: More Entire Trilogy Spoilers
    Show
    Of the various scenes where him being Ben Solo matters, all they need to do is establish some relationship to Alberto. What would be interesting is making him Luke's child, making the entire 'Luke tried to kill Ben' even worse.

Although he could also be somebody who used to work with the resistance, or an orphan Xascha found and took on as a cabin boy. All that matters is that there's some kind of connection to Freddo.

Oh! What if, instead of Han being his father, Greedo stole the identity of Kylo Ren's father?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Spoiler: More Entire Trilogy Spoilers
    Show
    Of the various scenes where him being Ben Solo matters, all they need to do is establish some relationship to Alberto. What would be interesting is making him Luke's child, making the entire 'Luke tried to kill Ben' even worse.

Although he could also be somebody who used to work with the resistance, or an orphan Xascha found and took on as a cabin boy. All that matters is that there's some kind of connection to Freddo.

Oh! What if, instead of Han being his father, Greedo stole the identity of Kylo Ren's father?
    Spoiler: Still spoiling everything
    Show
    Oh I like that! "My name is Kylo Ren. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Prediction time from the new comic
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, next thing that happens is the weird bounty hunters for the weird crimelord we never saw before and never hear from again after. So clearly in D&D they're send by either Jabba (who somehow survived) or maybe Jabba's heir. And actually gonna call it here: The wierd tentacle thing is Jabba

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Guys, if your car is threatening to go off the road, just drive slower :-)
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Firbolg in the Playground

If the resistance base is compromised, why does no one suspect The Traitors: Han and Chewie?

5. - Top - End - #1235

Because the other side doesn't trust them either.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    If the resistance base is compromised, why does no one suspect The Traitors: Han and Chewie?
    Suspect nothing. They know those two are more likely than not playing more sides than are actually involved in some needlessly convoluted plan where half the steps either contradict or actively hurt the other half.

I mean, come on, it's Alberto Freddo Greedo Han Xasha.
    At this point he probably doesn't know who he's actually working for and what the goal was.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Titan in the Playground

Also Chewbacca seems to be a rather well built face. Not as good as C-3PO was, but enough to get them off the hook.

Spoiler: Don't read if you've not seen the film
    Show
    If they're keeping the 'Han and Leia split up' elements then I'd fully believe that Xascha isn't actually with the Resistance, they just use him as a messenger. Possibly with at least partially incorrect information.

Here we also get into the issue is the First Order's resources. It's less than the Empire had, but they seem to be able to throw money at even bigger superweapons, and the implications of how many resources they have jumps between films. They might just not have the cash to bribe Xascha into working for them because they're spending it all on bigger guns.

Although that just means he's more likely to be working for a crime lord.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

8. - Top - End - #1238

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Because the other side doesn't trust them either.
    Why would you think that there are only 2 sides?
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

9. - Top - End - #1239

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    You're not referring to the dodecahedron are you?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

10. - Top - End - #1240

Because Star Wars runs on fairly simple Us-Them morality.

11. - Top - End - #1241

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Because Star Wars runs on fairly simple Us-Them morality.
    Star Wars? What's that? We're talking about the unnamed GM's sci-fi campaign with Jim, Pete, Annie etc., as chronicled by the Darths and Droids webcomic.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

And that campaign is, if anything, notable for having factions within factions and a mind-boggling array of agents working at cross-purposes. Episode III is close to being Dune in its amount (if not necessarily quality, since some of it's by Jim) of political maneuvering.

13. - Top - End - #1243

BlackDragon

And never forget, anyone can be a shapeshifter at any time. Even Han changed forms at the start of campaign 4 (although we haven't seen him change form since), and then there's Wedge ...

So who can you trust? Maybe the reformed ghost of a ex-jedi that realized they became little more than a police force, but now, nothing can harm them! :-)

14. - Top - End - #1244

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    You're not referring to the dodecahedron are you?

I really need to start asking you for ideas of "what comic to link to", you must have an inventory of the best lines and such.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Just realized something:

Spoiler: Spoilers for the entire trilogy
    Show
    Do we know if Kylo Ren is actually Ben Solo in this? Because that would make Rey and him siblings (which would make a nice reveal when he removes his helmet after she's captured). But it would also make that weird romance scene at the end, like super creepy.

But if he's not Ben, then the whole scene on the Bridge of Starkiller Base is gonna be weird. And Han's Force Ghost or whatever appearing later on makes even less sense.
    Spoiler: Yep, still spoilers
    Show
    Well, wouldn't be the first time we get inklings of a romance between siblings.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Episode 9 spoilers

Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly am thinking that the romance thing might just never get brought up, I mean even in the movies it comes out of nowhere and makes no sense. It would be pretty easy to take it out too, you can still use basically every screencap of them together minus the kiss at the end. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if Kylo ended up being either someone else's kid or even maybe some legend's character. Ghost Han might not even be Han in the scene, considering shapeshifters are part of the comic's universe.
    Last edited by ebarde; 2021-01-30 at 12:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1247

I really need to start asking you for ideas of "what comic to link to", you must have an inventory of the best lines and such.
    Inventory? Nah, just a good memory and a few recent rereads!

Feel free to poke if you need ideas though!

18. - Top - End - #1248

And never forget, anyone can be a shapeshifter at any time. Even Han changed forms at the start of campaign 4 (although we haven't seen him change form since), and then there's Wedge ...

So who can you trust? Maybe the reformed ghost of a ex-jedi that realized they became little more than a police force, but now, nothing can harm them! :-)
    Umm, "Han" didn't actually change forms, did he? (If we're talking about the character who was Han for most of campaigns 4-6). The real Han Solo was the green one, and I think was a shapeshifter? And we were introduced to the Harrison Ford character "Greedo" (who had also been "Alberto" through "Freddo") who then killed the real Han, usurped his identity, and became the "Han" we know. And apparently he's now going by Xasha.
    Last edited by theangelJean; 2021-01-30 at 11:15 PM.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Will we ever know what Han did to go through 17 different identities during the intervening time?

20. - Top - End - #1250

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    Umm, "Han" didn't actually change forms, did he? (If we're talking about the character who was Han for most of campaigns 4-6). The real Han Solo was the green one, and I think was a shapeshifter? And we were introduced to the Harrison Ford character "Greedo" (who had also been "Alberto" through "Freddo") who then killed the real Han, usurped his identity, and became the "Han" we know. And apparently he's now going by Xasha.
    Well, "Han" went from a Green guy, to a human guy. I wonder how often he changed shape before that.

Like "Dread Pirate Roberts" changed form at one point, but no one ever saw both the old and the new and complained. Anyone that saw both forms agreed that it was the same person.

We know that shapeshifters exist, because Wedge is around. ... Or, at least, someone that claims to be Wedge. Never actually changes form on-camera, does he?

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

Don't forget that moment that all the senate turned out to be shapeshifters What do you mean bonus comics aren't canon?

Actually, Boba Fett claimed he couldn't shapeshift due to a damaged splanch. But what if shapeshifters don't actually exist in the D&D universe, and there's just a serial identify theft epidemic going on?

Oh wait, that woman from Campaign 2. Oh well, was a nice theory while it lasted.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-01-31 at 04:43 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1252

The funny thing for me is that I never thought that was a shapeshifter when I watched episode 2, but that the poison dart did something to change the assassin as part of the killing.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    The funny thing for me is that I never thought that was a shapeshifter when I watched episode 2, but that the poison dart did something to change the assassin as part of the killing.
    I mean, doesn't Anakin explicitly tell Obi-Wan the assassin is a shapeshifter*?
    Mind you, I got that and still thought it was a side effect of the poison.

*“I think he's a she. And she's a changeling."
    "Then be especially careful."
    Or something to that effect.

I mostly remember because I read somewhere that the "she's a changeling" part was added later.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Titan in the Playground

She changes for a moment when Anakin is on the roof of her car, thus shapeshifter. Although as far as we know Sam only has two forms.

Show

25. - Top - End - #1255

BlackDragon

Don't forget that moment that all the senate turned out to be shapeshifters What do you mean bonus comics aren't canon?
    I was going to say "Wasn't that an OMake?", but you mentioned that, in white. Where no one can see it.

I mean, no one uses the dark side theme, do they?

Nope, no one can see it.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

I was going to say "Wasn't that an OMake?", but you mentioned that, in white. Where no one can see it.

I mean, no one uses the dark side theme, do they?

Nope, no one can see it.
    I honestly expected it to just about run ontothe next line and hint at it's presence. But I keep forgetting that that depends on screen size.

I think that theme was 'fear leeds to anger, so on so on' but it's been a while since I watched the movies.

But yeah, that comic just sticks in my mind as truly inspired, and tends to be what I use to show just how great the comic's writing can be.

Show

27. - Top - End - #1257

I honestly expected it to just about run ontothe next line and hint at it's presence. But I keep forgetting that that depends on screen size.

I think that theme was 'fear leeds to anger, so on so on' but it's been a while since I watched the movies.

But yeah, that comic just sticks in my mind as truly inspired, and tends to be what I use to show just how great the comic's writing can be.
    Any chance of a link to said comic? If it's a bonus, I don't imagine it has an episode number, does it?
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    Any chance of a link to said comic? If it's a bonus, I don't imagine it has an episode number, does it?
    Episode 411.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-02-01 at 07:27 AM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1259

Xasha's bad hearing has also included the "Dagger Bar."

30. - Top - End - #1260

At a certain point, I think we just need to admit Jim has a quirky sense of humor and likes near-puns.