New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, part 12 plus 1

Hi there all, semi-lurker finally joining up 😁 I was wondering how to join up in the Nexus FFRPG, it seemed like a fun thing to try.

Would love to get in on some games some time, I'm a noob when it comes to the games but I'd love to learn more!
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-03-21 at 05:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! I’ve lurked here on occasion, and I decided that I’d best cease to do so posthaste; I’ve occasionally done play by post, on other venues, and it seemed prudent to take this one for a spin.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello, everyone!

Long time lurkers, oots fans (then again, find a roleplayer who isn't) and hardcore roleplay afictionados, enough to make our own Core System! We figured it was high time to step out of the shadows and join. Looking forward to discussing on the main boards!

4. - Top - End - #94

Hi I am new to dnd. Always wanted to try dnd but could not find a group nearby so I opted for trying to join a forum to search for people who are willing to let me join. I know the basic rules of dnd. But have never participated in a dnd campaign before.
    Last edited by Goblin Slayer; 2018-03-25 at 12:57 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi there. The usual story, been a reader for most of the time now, some 14, 15 years or so and decided to finally join up, as I've found myself browsing the forums rather often these last couple months.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

I suspect I already did this when actually joined the board in 2008, but since it's probably been at least that long since I said anything; I might as well (possibly) repeat myself.
    So....

Hello - again.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

I've finally decided to register after so much time enjoying the posts here.
    So hello. I currently split my D&D time between my halfling rogue (Tika) in my 3.5e campaign and an elven homebrew ranger (Liath) in 5e.
    Now I guess that I will roll to Move Silently back into the shadows of the forum.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

After years of lurking I felt it was time to contribute, so "hello" . I have played all sorts of roleplaying games and have been a gamer since 1982. Currently, I am enjoying playing around with 5e while I work in Vietnam.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

biggrin Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, part 12 plus 1

Greetings and salutations!

Discovering OOTS was a "Where have you been all my life?" moment.

And now, I'm frequently searching for Pathfinder tips, and MANY results lead me to this forum.

This "Helo" post was, thus, inevitable. I look forward to tapping into the Nerd Collective.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

Have been reading the guides and stuff here for a while. Finally decided to join up since I had a question I've been unable to solve on my own. So...here I am!

Anyone interested in reading my question about preparing for a 5e PvP game, it's over in Player Help (can't link yet, but soon!)

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello! I am new here and I am looking for some Pathfinder games. I play some pathfinder society via their discord, but I would like to get involved in a home game.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hi there,

Just joined and wanted to say hello. Can't say I have used the forums much, so lots of things are still new to me. Grew up playing 3rd and 3.5 ed. with friends. Started DMing a homebrew (O.A. Campaign) and a new campaign in the Silver Marches. Mostly looking forward to finding great info here in the forums, but also possible to get some feedback.

Currently looking for lots of great info on Calimshan (Calimport & Memnon specifically)

Also anything on the fire genasi and sorcerer builds/adventures

Thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

I've been reading the comic longer than I care to remember. I'm now DMing my first group. This playground is part of the reason I think it might be possible.
    Spoiler: Just some positivity
    Show
    .....................,-~-,
    .................../:.:.:.:.|
    ..................|;.;.;.;.;/
    ........_,,,,,_..);.;.;.;.|
    ....,-":.:.:.:.:."~-,;.;.;|
    ...(_,,,,,---,,,_:.::);.;.;.",
    .,-":.:.:.:.:.:."""-,/;.;.;.;.;.",
    (:.__,,,,,,,,,,,___);.;.;.;.;.;.|
    /"":.:.:.:.:.:.:``""\;.;.;.;.;.,"
    .\:,__,,,,,,,,,,,,__/;;;;;;;;;;;;/\
    ...\.::.:.:.:.:.:.:.;.);;;;;;;;/::::\
    ......\___--~~;;;;;;;;;,"::::::::\
    .........""""~~--,,,,-"::::::::::::::\

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Salutations!

Haven't checked in with the comic in ages, been getting on my own campaigns and consuming CR and GCP, but now it is time to re-invest in message board forums (used to so very long ago!) and lo and behold, here eye yam.

Eye yam sounds like a spell.

Probably a bard spell.
    RL Bard/Rogue hybrid
    Walkabout Wizard

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Hey everyone. Long time reader of the comic and the forum. Finally felt strongly enough about one of the recent comics to want to say something so joined the forum.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Hello
    Apparently messages have a minimum length of 10 characters

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hello! I've been reading the comic for years now, and have read the forums without registering for almost as long. I finally figured I would give it a try.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hi, I'm Sty, thanks for having me!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Pixie in the Playground

Howdy, folks.

Just signed up to the board yesterday. I've been lurking/reading some of the D&D related postings off and on for a while.

I recently got back into DMing after a 15 year hiatus from all gaming. Started with the D&D Basic set in early '82 and progressed to AD&D/AD&D2e over the '80s & 90s, then Ars Magica for the late '90s/early 2000s. Mostly here for the RPG discussions, of course.

I'm currently running the AD&D2e campaign module Night Below (nearing end of Book 1) in my homebrew world using AD&D2e rules. Three players, one close to my age and experience, two much younger than both of us and far newer to gaming.

Outside of gaming, I'm a father of one son, grampa of three boys, married to the same woman for almost 26 years and in the same job for going on 13. I also play guitar and read science fiction, fantasy, and urban fantasy for entertainment/inspiration.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with the group here

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Hello. I saw the Order of the Stick comic, binged most of it, and then saw there was a linked forum on the sidebar. So here I am.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hi everyone! I made this account a long time ago but haven’t ended up doing anything with it since, so this is more of an “I’m going to stop lurking” post than an “I’m joining the forum” post.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Cobalt View Post
    Frequent lurker, often searcher, newly minted registered speaker.

Thanks to all who have invested in this great site.

What he said, but in relation to me.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hello everyone, and thank you for the opportunity to post my welcome here, instead of my first post being a question, which would make me look like a twa... can I say that?
    Probably not...

However, I am a 30+ dude from germany, currently enjoying my first 5e adventure.
    PnP has only been added to my hobbies, and I've been having a lot of fun with it, ever since.

Apologies for any typos or other mistakes. As I said, I'm from germany, therefore, I am not a native speaker.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hello!

New to the forum!

Love the comic. :)

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hi everyone! Longtime fan of the comic, DM (first 2e, now 5e), occasional lurker here on the forums, thought it was finally time to sign up.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, part 12 plus 1

Hello everybody! :) My name is Lunch.

I merely joined last night with the hopes of roleplay/writing stories with others again.

I've been roleplaying for about 15 years now, though have been on a bit of a hiatus for a bit. I first started playing table-top D&D back in college around 7-8 years ago and fell in love with it! I started with 3e, then slowling moved into 4e, but I had the chance several years ago to DM using 5e. It's a bit of a challenge but it was fun the short time it lasted! :)

I hope to make some new friends here and have the hope to get back into roleplaying and writing stories with others. I also hope to incorporate more of the D&D feel into my writings.

Thanks for having me and feel free to message me!

I hope to post some characters soon! I hope everybody has a great day/night! :)

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello all,

Newbie from Kathmandu, Nepal...!! Nice to meet you all.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hi, My name is Filipe, half Portuguese half American, living in London! Please to meet you all!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time joiner. I've been looking for a place to do some play-by-post gaming and share my love of RPGs and general geekery, and hope to get the chance to interact with a bunch of you soon.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi,

I am new here and don't really have much experience with forums. I used to play D&D pretty heavily but unfortunately have not had a chance to play much lately. My friends still play consistently so I decided to write a program that I call The Index Compendium which can be used to store searchable libraries of indexes that display the source book that it can be found and the page number it is on. If you have the PDF for that book, then double-clicking on the index will open the proper PDF to the page that the information can be found. I created the application to be subject independent so that anyone can add libraries of indexes for anything from D&D 5th ed, Pathfinder, and Shadowrun, to Automobile Manuals, Recipe Books, and anything else you want.

Anyway, I thought that I might upload it online and share it with anyone that might find it useful. I already have a large chunk of the D&D 3.5 library completed but it is easy to add to it or create additional libraries as it can handle many different subjects at once, separated by tabs, and could be nice if people shared anything that they add.

What would be the best place to upload it to? Is there a proper thread for this sort of thing?