New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, part 12 plus 1

Hello all, I played 2nd edition back in the day and thought my time with D&D had drawn to a close until a friend got me into 5th edition with Roll 20. Really love it, and glad to be back in a community of like minded people.

*tips helmet in salute*

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

I'M BACK PEEPS!
    none of you have any idea who i am, but i was fairly active on these forums about half a year ago, and haven't been here in a while
    T R A N S
    R I G H T S
    A R E
    H U M A N
    R I G H T S
    - someone who knows what's up

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Hello! I’m a longtime D&D player and have recently taken up LARPing. I love reading handbooks and guides of all sorts!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Hey all! This is CMS Balasar, named after my favorite villain from my own D&D games. If anybody has anything that is interesting and not in the 5e Player's Handbook, DMG or Monster Manual send it my way!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Question Re: Hello and Welcome New Members, part 12 plus 1

Uhhh yeah... hi and stuff... I'm new here. I have no idea what people want to know about me so if you wanna know something....ask.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Salaam and good evening my worthy friends! I am Diego, the Gaming Gamer who Games, and I am quite new here. I have lurked in corners and read various member's guides to building a certain type of RPG character for 5e (usually for NPCs I'm making), and recognizing the superiority of a collective knowledge far greater than my own, I have decided to join ranks that I might ask questions, and indeed, answer those which I can.

I have more experience BEHIND the screen than as a player, but I am by no means an expert of any system.

My favored system would be GURPS. After that, either Pathfinder/3.5 or 5e. Most extensive experience is with 5e.

I build worlds. I make characters. I write stories. I sometimes brew up a nice magic item for my players based off something they would know/care about (e.g. a variant on the Crysknife from Dune might find it's way to a Rogue Player who is a fan of Herbert, or a lawful good player who enjoys Goodkind might find a blade with "Truth" somewhere on it, things like that).

I do not believe in telling players "No," if I can help it. They may "Certainly try," as I tend to say. Yes, I know, the age old argument about "I jump to the moon!" and they roll a nat 20. Guess what? Great job (even though RAW in say, 5e, a nat 20 don't mean instant success/hit in non combat situations)! You can jump to the moon! And promptly die because there's no survivable atmosphere in space! Good job, roll a new character with a -1 level penalty. Thanks!

Player Agency is a big deal to me. If they can provide me the sources (i.e. DM's Guild PDFs, some not stupidly OP homebrew), I'll let them play just about any race, class, or whatever they want. It gets a little crazy sometimes, but it has led to some of the most fun in games I've ever seen (or read about, for that matter). If they want to play a character from whatever universe, as long as it's not a "Named Character," they're good (the example I give is "If you want to play Goten's long lost twin, Gotwenty, Goforit!"). They'll end up in the proper world eventually, either by magical means, or the Not-Loc-Nar.

So that's a little about me, my GM style, and some other random tidbits. I'll answer most any question, so yeah!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey there everyone, I am the red-hot mechanical bee of destruction-er somethin'. I got into RPGs with 3.5e but, my group so far has only hosted Pathfinder and one odd campaign of Starfinder.

Kinda alienates us from the surrounding 5e ALs springing around my place locally.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Hey there :)

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Hey i'm a long time lurker just made an account. Thats it nothing else to say.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Howdy!!

I'm some young adult working on whichever degree and I've been a fan of OotS since 2010!

I'll be mostly on the RPG subforums, but I hope to pop my head into OotS and Friendly Banter. Till then, enjoy your travels in the playground! I know I will

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Hello!

I'm a long time fan of OOS, and a moderately recent fan of DND. I've some (very limited) experience 3.5 but have enjoyed playing 5e for the past couple of years. Tonight, for some crazy reason, it occurred to me that not only is this place one of my favorite sites for general entertainment, but that any time I do a search for DnD resources... well you guys tend to show up in a great way! Lurking for awhile makes it seem like a fun, laid back and helpful community, so I thought I'd join.

I'm a longtime MTG player, specializing mostly in EDH/Commander at this point in my life. Obviously I'm on the preorder list for Ravnica and am already planning to DM a campaign with it.

Hopefully I won't embarrass myself too much here! Thanks already for all the help you may have provided me!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

If an introduction post is obligatory, then an introduction post I shall make!

I've been reading OOTS longer than I've not been reading it. I'm not really one for webforums or tabletop gaming, yet I find myself drawn here...

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Introduction Post!

Hello! I'm Jellyity, and im a fan. I have been following this comic since 2014 (IIRC). And I really like the Order of The Stick.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hoping to deep dive writing campaigns and picking apart rules.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hello. I joined to ask a specific question yesterday and have had a hard time not browsing through all the content since.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Hi all,

I'm SuperFerret. I'm not *NEW*, but I've been away for a while. I've tried a few times to come back, but neither time stuck or made any impact. Life's been tumultuous lately, and as things are settling, I'm finding myself drawn back into the TTRPG world.

I'm an old D&D player who started with AD&D, moved to 3rd, didn't like the culture around it, moved to Pathfinder, felt more or less the same, skipped 4th, and enjoyed 5th edition. I've also dipped my toes into Dungeon World, Mutants and Masterminds, and some other games. My home game has dried up years ago, and I mostly do occasional Dungeon World one-shots with newbies and non-gamers. Looking to take another swing at play by post (my last forays have been cut short due to life and a lack of commitment on my part).

Anyway, hi!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Hey there!

So.... I'm back and all that. Time to start catching up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #258
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Uh, no idea what to say, so idea if this place is even active.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Hello

Hello Everyone. I am new bee to this forum.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Hello

Hello! I also used to be a new be-- OH! New bee = newbie *facepalm*

Great to have you here, though.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shady_Author View Post
    Uh, no idea what to say, so idea if this place is even active.

Yes it's active.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, I'm new here, I've been RPing for years and have been doing D&D5e for a few months. Maybe nearly a year?

IDK whose active or if there's any proper procedure for this or whatever, but I screwed up and put an extra h in my username, which is bugging the crap out of me and just got me locked out of my account for like an hour or something from trying to put in my password for the wrong typo'd username. Can some mod or admin please remove one h? Because I'm not seeing an option for changing it myself, but I could be super wrong.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hello it is :)

24. - Top - End - #264
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello I'm a pretty new player with only about 3.5 months under my belt of playing D&D but I'm an old CRPG or RPG player who's done that for decades. Happy to be here.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

Default I'm New Here

Hi everyone, I'm new here. You can simply call me Tony. Hope there are more interesting things to talk about.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Hi all! *waves frantically* I'm Leo! Slow to register, long to lurk; these forums have been a major help with ideas and solving issues at the table. I feel I now owe it to the community--that I have been "borrowing" from--to give back. I look forward to seeing everyone on the boards!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hi! I'm Micah, general nerdy-stuff enthusiast and amateur game designer. I like D&D and OOtS, so... yeah, hi!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hi everbody, been lurker for some time and decided to finally make account.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Welcome to all the other Pixies in the Playground!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

I guess I should say that the username is a puzzle and pun. It's a puzzle because... well that'd be telling wouldn't it! I can say that the pun is the Gael part because I'm Irish and that's a hint for the puzzle part.