New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bloodsong's Oasis: Restaurant and Speakeasy

[Double Date]

"Fancy, eh? And what's this all about?" Kirk asks. He's moderately curious, since Fettina is clearly up to something.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Double Date]

Dena raises an eyebrow and leans forward, she too wanted to know what this was about. Was this somehow related to the angel situation?
    She waits for them to explain before making any further comments however.

3. - Top - End - #363

Double Date

Cantata shrinks in her seat nervously, blushing somewhat. She’s as bashful about what Fettina is about to announce as she is worried about how the two will react, and Kirk in particular. He’s already giving her the side-eye and making veiled jabs - springing this on him without the proper buildup and context could only fuel his ire, maybe even create ill-founded suspicions of manipulation or something!

Oh, if only she’d had a chance to take Tina aside and explain this anxiety, express that she doesn’t feel like this is the right time. But the spy doubts she can stop it now, or even manage to interrupt her fiancé, much less in a subtle manner that wouldn’t pique Dena and Kirk’s attentions.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Date Night]

"Sounds like that might take a while. I have a lot of those." Wenomir's voice takes on an uncharacteristically suggestive tone. "But it would be time well-spent."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Two at the Bar]

"Well, I reckon y'answered my question right there, but I'll elaborate. Back home, I was responsible fer overseein' life in a town of outcasts the world figured it'd rather do without. The weak, the downtrodden, those judged without merit fer their judgement. Now it were made at first fer those unwelcome in their own country, and fer those afflicted with lycanthropy."

Atreyu shrugs and offers a weak open-mouthed smile, making no attempt at hiding his particularly pronounced canines.

"But when y'make a home like that fer some, over time it tends to attract more of those unwelcome without reason. Such as, say folk with some infernal heritage." He nods ever so slightly in Cyrin's direction. "Yer quite right, I ain't an elf, but I've been proud to call my place home to werewolf, tiefling, duskira, goblin, kenku, an' more. So if wherever I am now ain't so stuck up its ass about who's born from who, well, that sounds like a damn fine thing to me."
    [Date Night]

"I'll savor the time. Among other things," Cass says, smirking. "But maybe we should finish our dinner before we move on to each other."

Indeed, at some point their meals seem to have arrived - Wenomir's quail, delicately roasted on a bed of thinly sliced root vegetables and onion, and Cass' baked scallops.

Cass says something in Elvish next, which of course Wenomir won't understand, but based on the context and the amused quirk of Cass' eyebrow, it's probably something along the lines of "Bon Appetit?"

[Two at the Bar]

"Tieflings aren't unwelcome where I come from," says Cyrin, scornfully. "To be born with the blood of fire and iron's heritage is a great honor, it's said. Well, among humans, anyway."

Cyrin waves his hand dismissively.

"Well, fine. You're right, I don't care about who's born from who. It's no business of mine."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Halfling in the Playground

[Double Date]

Cantata doesn't need to worry - dropping it here was never Tina's intention. She spreads her hands with a distinctly un-angelic little smirk. "You'll just have to wait and see, won't you guys? That's what the invites are for. It's not so big a deal; just a little pre-Halloween party, call it. Now, who wants some dessert?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

[Date Night]

"You picked up more than just new looks and magic in the time we didn't see each other," Wenomir says as he starts eating his food. "I might need to learn this language. Unless you prefer the air of mystery around it."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-09-27 at 09:34 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Date]

Kirk glances at Dena, perhaps meeting her eye. "We'll have to wait and see what you're scheming then."

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Two at the Bar]

"Tieflings aren't unwelcome where I come from," says Cyrin, scornfully. "To be born with the blood of fire and iron's heritage is a great honor, it's said. Well, among humans, anyway."

Cyrin waves his hand dismissively.

"Well, fine. You're right, I don't care about who's born from who. It's no business of mine."
    [Two at the Bar]

"Blood of fire and iron, huh? Reminds me of one particular band back home." Atreyu remarks, taking a sip. "Reckon your folks see the right of it though. Anyone who treats tieflings as unwelcome is missing out, if y'ask me."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #369

[Double Date]

Pre-halloween party? Right, that's what Tina called 'spooktober'. A similar event at the same time of the year, just with a different name. Dena wasn't really familiar enough with either besides that she and Kirk almost got caught up in some stupid spell on one such party and she hadn't really been thrilled about it ever since.

It was curious that she wanted to do it before the holiday though, which meant it had to be pretty important to her. Before she might have suspected Tina just wanted an excuse to party twice in a row but not any more. She had something much more crucial in mind.

But knowing Tina, it wasn't anything to be concerned about unless it really was about how the angel-stuff had influenced her. But talking to her she didn't get any sense that anything was amiss. Despite looking different, Tina was still Tina. "I think I'll skip desert. Gotta watch my weight." Dena pats her stomach, having never needed to watch her weight her entire life.
    She had always found treats suspiciously sweet though. Like some kind of drug and Dena always watched out for things that seemed too good to be true, and sure enough she had found out it was bad for your health.

10. - Top - End - #370

Double Date

Most of the tension Cantata's feeling fades away, although there's still a small amount of nervousness she has to make an effort to conceal. This eased her worries of some kind of confrontation here. She gives Fettina a smile and a thumbs-up, happy to have the change of topic.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Date Night]

"You picked up more than just new looks and magic in the time we didn't see each other," Wenomir says as he starts eating his food. "I might need to learn this language. Unless you prefer the air of mystery around it."
    [Date Night]

"My elvish isn't great," says Cass, cutting into her scallops. "Genevičve is teaching me more. I'm sure she'd appreciate you learning some of it yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Two at the Bar]

"Blood of fire and iron, huh? Reminds me of one particular band back home." Atreyu remarks, taking a sip. "Reckon your folks see the right of it though. Anyone who treats tieflings as unwelcome is missing out, if y'ask me."
    "Hrrrmph." Cyrin averts his eyes, staring at the table awkwardly. If Atreyu is content to let silence linger a moment, it's not long before Cyrin brings his eyes up, giving Atreyu a curious look. "...missing out?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-10-06 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

[Date Night]

"My attempts probably won't sound as sexy as when you say it," Wenomir teases. "But I'll do my best."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #373

[Double Date]

"Woman, your weight is so watched you could use your abs to tell the time," Fettina teases Dena. "Kirk? Cantie? Cake? C'mooon. Don't make me feel fat alooone."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-10-09 at 03:04 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Date]

"No such luck, Tina. But if it makes you feel better, I'd take a bite of yours. I'll do what I can to save you from yourself." He teases.

15. - Top - End - #375

[Two at the Bar]

"Yeah, y'heard me. Missing out." Atreyu answers with an amused smile. "Y'ain't blind, Kid, I'm sure y'know how y'look. And I've had the fortune of bein' kept company by handsome an' pretty tieflings alike, before." He shrugs and finishes his drink, nodding to the bartender for another. "Lotta folk in other places back home'd turn their nose up at the idea of having a drink with you. Their loss."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #376

[Double Date]

Dena pats her stomach and grins. "Tina, you're the thinnest person in this group. I mean, can you even get fat as an 'angel'? You're supposed to be able to fly right so you can't weight that much." She will poke at Tina's arm. "I mean, just look at your noodle arms, I bet your bones have turned hollow like a birds to give you that flight ability."

17. - Top - End - #377

Double Date

Some cake sounds nice, Cantata answers with a small little smile. She's still a little worried, but for now, she's glad to savor the moment with Tina.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show