New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Bloodsong's Oasis: Restaurant and Speakeasy

Dine and Dish

"...So then, the man starts digging at the ground frantically, desperate to get to the treasure, when a shovel lands in front of him. He pauses, looks up, and there in front of him stands the ranger, his revolver cocked," the dazzling woman narrates, leaning closer as Marina struggles to pretend as if she wasn't terribly bored. "Ah, the film is spectacular, I can't do it justice."
    "Maybe it's better to leave the film alone, so it's a surprise when I actually get to see it?" She weakly protests.
    "Nonsense, spoiling things can really enhance the experience! Why, I don't think I'd enjoy Endgame nearly as much if I didn't know that-"

GONNNNG!

It's at this moment that Marina's salvation arrives in the form of a giant silver dish, having ricocheted off of her mistress's skull to soar straight into the back of her date's head in a stunning case of improbably good fortune. Straightening up, her face contorts in fury as she whips around. "What in tarnation- WHO THE HELL THREW THAT!?" She demands, shoving her chair back and starting to stalk off in the general direction the dish came from. Marina, meanwhile, takes a sigh of relief. Awkwardly, she stands up to slink away, but not before snagging the half-full bottle of pricey wine on the table. At least she'll have something to show for it when she meets up with Suzie afterwards.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

[A Very Fishy Dish]

Meanwhile, skulking nearby, Suzie is being on her very very best behaviour, feeling the eyes of Bloodsong's staff burning into her from behind. "Psst! Minion! Hey Minion, over here!" She waves a tentacle, calling Marina over.

"Sooo, uh-" Suzie pauses, watching Marina's date stalk off while her own date, still swearing they haven't heard the last of Tiger Typhoon, is thrown out the door. "I guess we both got duds, huh? Uh, not that it's your fault, Minion! He sounded ideal! You had no way of knowing he was gonna be a shirtless creep! Just as I had no idea your date was gonna be a- wow, she does seem like she's got a bit of a complex, right?" Suzie, of course, is still blissfully unaware that she's in any way unstable herself.

She only spent two minutes chasing a shirtless man around the building.

"Sooo..." Suzie coughs, one tentacle resting gently on Marina's shoulder. It's more than a little unusual of her to be this nice to her minion, but this is kind of an unusual situation. "You, uh, wanna finish dinner together? At a different table, somewhere well hidden, in case either of them come back."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Tieflings]

"Indeed. And I believe I've heard of Blackthorne. Especially its iron," Fayyaad says, as he hands Kal whatever drink he chose. "It's famous and carried high prices even in Moran-Ir. We're both a long way from home."

[Tieflings and Tipples]

"You would have heard about the iron, of course," jokes Kal, as the power of the Nexus magically transposes him and Fayyaad to Bloodsong's Oasis. Convenient power, that. "There's little else worth mentioning. The Blackthorne Isles are a bunch of cold, wet, storm-beaten rocks. With iron mines."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-05-26 at 12:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

[Tieflings and Tipples]

"I can see that's not all there is to it now, though. If I'd know what kind of men come from there, I'd have visited a long time ago." Fayyaad smiles innocently in a way that won't fool Kal for a second. "What will you be having?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tieflings and Tipples]

"Oh, certainly. We do grow them well up there. It must be something in the water." Says Kal, winking cheerfully. Waving over the bartender, a certain impressively good-looking minotaur, he orders dram of an elegant looking scotch occupying the top-shelf - no doubt a hideously expensive one.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

[Tieflings and Tipples]

Fayyaad glances over at the bartender before ordering a djinn and tonic. He speaks again once he leaves.

"I haven't been here before, but I've seen the bartender... at the beach party, wasn't it? I think you were there as well." He tips his glass to Kal. "I do love such events. They remind me of home."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, I hosted that. And hired Asterios there to be the bartender. Impressive, isn't he?" Kal asks, his innocent tone belied by the knowing smirk he's currently wearing, and a flick of the eyes towards Asterios, who, facing away from them to serve another patron, is currently putting to fine display his broad, muscular back and ample posterior in thin, flimsy dress clothes entirely insufficient to conceal them.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

"Very impressive. If I were alone, I might want to get to know him better," Fayyaad says, following Kal's gaze. "But not today. If it was you who organized that party, I must commend your good taste. You caught my eye back there, but I was with two good friends and didn't want to abandon them." He was also busy being Cass' wingman.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [A Very Fishy Dish]

Meanwhile, skulking nearby, Suzie is being on her very very best behaviour, feeling the eyes of Bloodsong's staff burning into her from behind. "Psst! Minion! Hey Minion, over here!" She waves a tentacle, calling Marina over.

"Sooo, uh-" Suzie pauses, watching Marina's date stalk off while her own date, still swearing they haven't heard the last of Tiger Typhoon, is thrown out the door. "I guess we both got duds, huh? Uh, not that it's your fault, Minion! He sounded ideal! You had no way of knowing he was gonna be a shirtless creep! Just as I had no idea your date was gonna be a- wow, she does seem like she's got a bit of a complex, right?" Suzie, of course, is still blissfully unaware that she's in any way unstable herself.

She only spent two minutes chasing a shirtless man around the building.

"Sooo..." Suzie coughs, one tentacle resting gently on Marina's shoulder. It's more than a little unusual of her to be this nice to her minion, but this is kind of an unusual situation. "You, uh, wanna finish dinner together? At a different table, somewhere well hidden, in case either of them come back."
    Away with the Appetizers, Onto the Marine Course

It would be lying to say that Marina didn't jump at least a little bit when Suzie calls her over - someone speaking your name can cause a fair bit of alarm if you're trying to sneak away at the moment, after all! What if it's one of the waitstaff, or a concerned citizen trying to foil her attempted dine-and-dash? Never mind the logic of how such individuals might know Marina's name - logic is not reactionary.

"Oh, yours too? I'm sorry to hear that, Milady," Marina apologizes. Her voice isn't entirely as sorry as her words, however; it's not a terrible loss, nothing to dwell over. Much like her own date. Little more thought is given as Suzie switches topics, and a flattered blush gently warms the maidservant's cheeks as her lady makes her offer. "I think that would be splendid, milady. Dining with you would certainly unsour the night for me."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #160

[Surf and Surf]

"Haha! Yes! Excellent! No insignificant date is enough to keep us from having a good time today! Come, Minion! To dinner!" Boy, Suzie sure bounces back quickly, doesn't she?

...although she's still keeping her voice down a bit to avoid upsetting any big scary bar staff who might throw her out if she misbehaves any more.

Suzie swiftly wraps a tentacle round Marina's hand and leads her off to the quietest table as far away from their prior escapades as possible.

"Well of course dining me is splendid, Minion. It's me!" She says with a grin, sitting down and flicking open the menu. "Get whatever you like, Minion, it's all on me. I swiped the shirtlelss guy's wallet earlier. Hah!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #161

Rime of the Misfit Mariners

Ah, there's that familiar energy! Marina can't help but grin; throughout her time serving Suzie, she'd grown to adore that boundless cheer with which the kraken carries herself with. It's an infectious quality, and she follows after Suzie with a newfound spring in her step, clutching the kraken's tentacle affectionately and keeping half an eye out for any interfering staff or jilted dates.

"My, I'm surprised you let yourself get that close to him!" she jokes with a giggle, slipping into her chair and flipping the menu open. Her piscine pupils scan along, lighting up at the sight of all these wonderful and foreign meals - well, for her at least. Marina's culinary experiences stuck mainly to fish and kelp. "Ooh, I've never had steak before! Do you know if it's any good, milady?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #162

[If you think the wallet is a big catch, you shoulda seen the one that got away!]

"Heheheh." Suzie folds two of her tentacles and smirks. "Sometimes we gotta take risks, Minion. And when those risks pay off-" A third tentacle slams the wallet (relatively quietly but still dramatically!) on the table, "You better believe it was worth it!"

The wallet is not exactly bursting with cash, which probably ruins the effect a little bit. Still comfortably enough for them to dine like royalty though.

"Minion, I have absolutely no idea." She flicks through the menu quickly. "But this steak is the most expensive thing on the menu, so we're gonna get two of them! And whatever the most expensive bottle of, uh, something alcoholic is! AND EVEN DESSERT! HAHA!"

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [If you think the wallet is a big catch, you shoulda seen the one that got away!]

"Heheheh." Suzie folds two of her tentacles and smirks. "Sometimes we gotta take risks, Minion. And when those risks pay off-" A third tentacle slams the wallet (relatively quietly but still dramatically!) on the table, "You better believe it was worth it!"

The wallet is not exactly bursting with cash, which probably ruins the effect a little bit. Still comfortably enough for them to dine like royalty though.

"Minion, I have absolutely no idea." She flicks through the menu quickly. "But this steak is the most expensive thing on the menu, so we're gonna get two of them! And whatever the most expensive bottle of, uh, something alcoholic is! AND EVEN DESSERT! HAHA!"
    Souring Dates for Fun and for Profit?

"Hell yes, Milady! Marina exclaims with enthusiasm, too overcome by Suzie's infectious excitement to correct the odd mix of formal titles and casual language. If we're to be stuck in these strange forms and this even stranger world, it only seems improper not to indulge in its peculiar delights! Maybe it'll help us learn how to profit from them better, and we'll be able to avoid a repeat of that calendar's poor sales." An attempt is made to get one of the waitstaff's attention with a raise of the hand and an enthusiastic "Excuse me, [sir/miss]".
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #164

[Of Calendars and Calamities]

"Oh, yes, heheh...the calendar." Suzie freezes with a guilty smile plastered on her face. The calendar debacle didn't need mentioning again, did it? Did her minion suspect something?

She had meant to try and sell the calendar, but the production costs were just so high! And, well, what was she going to do with the pictures and the one test calendar? If she threw them out, someone might find them and observe her minion in all sorts of suggestive poses! And that would be most unacceptable! If they wanted to see her minion exposing herself, they should have to pay for it!

And so what if that one calendar was hung up on her wall right now? She needed a calendar! And Marina had been so patient and-

Oh wait, Suzie's just been frozen mid-smile for like a minute now. Quick, snap out of it, say something smart!

"Uh well truth be told, there were a lot of issue with production and costs. We don't really know how well it would've sold. What we need is a little more cash to throw into a project. Oh but hey, I've got some great ideas for a follow-up calendar!" There, clever, not her fault, no mention of keeping the calendar. Good job Suzie, now finish it off with a distraction. "No no no, that's not how you get their attention. Like this-" She leans over, resting a tentacle on Marina's shoulder. "You there! Bringer of food! We require two of the most expensive steaks on this page, and the most expensive bottle from this page! Make haste and we may provide extra money at the end for your services!"

Needless to say, that gets a waiter's attention, although they go through several stages of confused expressions before nodding and scurrying away to acquire steaks.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very impressive. If I were alone, I might want to get to know him better," Fayyaad says, following Kal's gaze. "But not today. If it was you who organized that party, I must commend your good taste. You caught my eye back there, but I was with two good friends and didn't want to abandon them." He was also busy being Cass' wingman.
    "I never object to more company," says Kal, being only mildly suggestive in this situation. Very mildly.

16. - Top - End - #166

[Of Calendars and Calamities]

Marina nods attentively, a slightly embarrassed smile on her face. I mean, it's not like there should be any shame about funding their dastardly schemes with her body, right? They're just pictures! Besides, even if it is the shape she's enjoyed being in the most now that she and her mistress are on similar levels, it's not her real form... right?

"Oh, yes, I've had a few ideas of my own myself too, milady! P-perhaps for the next calendar, we could... collaborate?" Oh Marianas Trench did she really just say that? Quick, backpedal! "I-I mean, I may be pretty, but you're- you're so much more gorgeous than I, and I'm confident that the sales would increase hundredfold with the looks of a beauty like yours, milady!" This is totally made more convincing by the blue tinge to her cheeks and the way she is definitely not letting her eyes take advantage of the view Suzie's posture grants of her cleavage.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    "I never object to more company," says Kal, being only mildly suggestive in this situation. Very mildly.
    "Good to know." Fayyaad seems to have caught the very mild and innocent suggestion. "I may have to introduce you to them later. They're my co-workers from MERC and they would be quite excited to meet you. But getting to know each other better between the two of us is fine too."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-06-26 at 09:22 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"As you wish." Says Kal, giving his tail an amused little swish. "Anything more in particular you'd like to know about me?"
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-07-01 at 06:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad's tail swishes as well, trying to brush against Kal's slightly.

"There is a lot about you I'd like to get familiar with," he says with an innocent smile. "But one thing at a time. I am curious how you got here and what you've been up to. You're the first person from our world I've met here... and a tiefling, to boot."

20. - Top - End - #170

[The Calendar Conundrum]

"Oh, Marina. Oh poor, sweet, innocent Marina. Have you forgotten so soon, minion? A kraken is not to be desired. No no, I can't have just anybody looking at me lustfully." As she speaks, Suzie shifts back to her side of the table, leaning forward and resting her chin on a tentacle, possibly giving Marina an even better view than she had a moment ago...albeit one that she'd have to be far more obvious about taking advantage of, should she so dare.

Suzie's mouth slowly curls into a sinister grin, her eyes narrow, another tentacle curls its way round Marina's neck. "No, a kraken is to be feared, minion. And you'd have to be very, very brave to look at me with amorous thoughts in your mind...wouldn't you?" She pauses. And then completely ruins the effect. "I-if you were one of these people buying a calendar of the two of us, I mean, but I suppose we could try something and see what it- AHA! FOOD HAS ARRIVED!" Saved by steak. The krakengirl immediately withdraws and seizes her plate. She twirls her staff around and in a flash of light her steak is neatly cut into dozens of equally sized bite-size pieces. Time to dig in and definitely not think about what sort of pictures she and Marina could take for a calendar!

21. - Top - End - #171

Can a Kraken Multiclass into Siren?

Marina's cheeks swell with color as Suzie leans closer. Oh dear, she wasn't quite sure how to take this! Such words reminded her of her place as just a lowly minion, one who should look only towards her mistress with awe and fear... and yet she spoke with such an alluring tone, one that almost seemed to dare her to agree. Could she truly be "not just anybody" to Suzie?

It's only as Suzie's tentacle caresses her neck that the poor maid realizes that while she had managed to successfully avoid meeting Suzie's gaze, her eyes had been firmly fixed upon the kraken's cleavage for the entirety of her internal turmoil. She turns into the very picture of embarrassment as she averts her gaze.

"Er, yes, you're right, milady," Marina assents. "It would be far too daring for someone of my station to daydream and fantasize about a woman as gorgeous and deserving of awe as you are." There's a pause as the steaks are delivered, and Marina is grateful for the escape from the conversation it provides.

"Er, milady, if I may..." Marina speaks up again, proceeding to prepare her meal much like Suzie had. "Do you... do you believe that sex appeal and terrifying might must be... exclusive?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #172

[When you stare into the Abyss, the Kraken says "My eyes are up here"]

Marina will have to be patient for her reply. Once Suzie starts devouring...

Well, she won't have to be patient for long. Goodness, look at the krakengirl devouring her food with all the hunger of a ravenous sea monster!

The entire plateful vanishes in short order. For just a moment it looks like the plate might follow it, but Suzie seems to snap out of her feeding frenzy just in time. She leans back with her tentacles crossed as she considers this so-called delicacy she's just consumed. It seems the general idea of savouring one's food might be a bit lost on her. "Hmmmmm. Well I've had better, but I suppose as far as surface food goes, this was pretty good."

Oh, and I guess that "expensive bottle" arrived at some point too. She pours it for both of them, then drains her glass in a similarly hasty manner, no doubt angering wine tasters the world over with her sheer disrespect for the beverage.

And then she waits, quietly, until such time as Marina dares to take a sip of her wine. "Minion, you were staring, weren't you?" She asks with a sly smile.

...pause for Marina to get in a flap.

"It's just a matter of priorities, Minion. A kraken must terrify her subjects. I'm sure plenty of my servants found me attractive, and there's nothing wrong with that-" You were a giant monster that ate ships for breakfast, there's plenty wrong with a human being attracted to a creature that considers them snackfood. "If a minion's brave enough to overcome their fear, then I'd take notice. It happened once or twice, but they were unworthy, so I ate them. Of course, I can't eat my minions now..."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Fayyaad's tail swishes as well, trying to brush against Kal's slightly.

"There is a lot about you I'd like to get familiar with," he says with an innocent smile. "But one thing at a time. I am curious how you got here and what you've been up to. You're the first person from our world I've met here... and a tiefling, to boot."
    Kal's tail jumps as Fayyaad's brushes against his, and gives a playful flick in return.

"You could call me something of a knight errant," says Kal, flashing a grin. "I'm here to loll about, slay dragons, and woo maidens - or non-maidens. It doesn't really matter if they are or not." The grin turns mischievous. "If 'knight errant' is a bit too posh, some have called me 'rogue' or 'scoundrel' as well."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-07-17 at 12:10 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

"I think I'm going to stick to 'knight-errant'," Fayyaad says slowly, as if giving it careful consideration. "It sounds much more dashing and suits you far better than the other two terms. I'm sure maidens and non-maidens alike are delighted to have you around. Dragons, perhaps, not so much."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm generally sure to stay away from any I find, anyway." Says Kal, amused. "Some of them take being slain rather personally, and I like to avoid a mess."

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

"I've never met or seen a dragon," Fayyaad says. He has, in fact, but he doesn't know that. "I've heard they're both majestic and dangerous, so I hope to meet one someday. Not that the Nexus is short on dangerous things and beautiful people, dragons or not," he adds, looking Kal up and down with minimal subtlety.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-05 at 03:50 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Proof That Fish Can Thirst?

Marina takes a more refined approach to her own meal, making up for her cluelessness on the subject by trying to mimic the mannerisms of the other fine diners at a nearby table with a fair bit of success. It's only proper for her to cultivate such habits, after all; the manner in which ones' minions and servants present themselves to the public can have a substantial impact on how their charge is perceived, and for her actions to imply a level of uncouthness about her lady would be most dreadful indeed.

"Yes, it's certainly different," Marina agrees, wiping her mouth clean, "But very enjoyable." The maid rubs her jaw briefly before the napkin returns to her lap; she wasn't used to eating something as tough and substantial as steak. Perhaps that is yet another aspect she must change - it did seem like a popular trend in surface cuisine.

Flashing an appreciative look as Suzie pours her a glass, she raises it to her lips. She only drinks enough to get a taste, but it's still enough for Marina to cough and sputter a little as she's taken by surprise, paling somewhat.

"I-I was staring, yes," Marina admits, glancing away nervously as she hastily attempts to clean her mess. "I apologize, it is- it is not right for me to treat you so immodestly, even looking as alluring as you are," she stutters, tucking her napkin away. There's a brief pause as she processes her mistress's words further before she musters up the courage to venture a question. "...Am I merely that to you, milady? A subject, I mean.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

"I've never met or seen a dragon," Fayyaad says. He has, in fact, but he doesn't know that. "I've heard they're both majestic and dangerous, so I hope to meet one someday. Not that the Nexus is short on dangerous things and beautiful people, dragons or not," he adds, looking Kal up and down with minimal subtlety.
    "Majestic, dangerous, and dreadfully boring," says Kal.
    "There's apparently one at Heroes' Hearth, but I found the beach there warm and pleasant enough without having to subject myself to all that extra hot air," he jokes.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad quirks an eyebrow.

"Dragons, boring? This is the first time I've heard them described this way. Though I suppose they are great and powerful, and such people are often very focused on themselves. I do hope I'm not too boring for a worldly man like yourself," he jokes, shifting a little closer and making a little pout. "I think visiting the beach in such company does sound more interesting than meeting a dragon."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-23 at 06:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

"Pompous, self-absorbed windbags. The lot of them." Says Kal, grinning. As Fayyaad shifts closer, Kal straightens up from his casual lean, bringing his body close to the other tiefling's. He's certainly a very pretty man, especially while pouting like that. And eager, too. Kal smirks, drawing in Fayyaad by the waist and lifting other man's chin up. "And don't worry, you're excellent company," he says, leaning down to kiss him.