New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Bloodsong's Oasis: Restaurant and Speakeasy

[Double Date]

Fettina blows a sunspot colored raspberry at Kirk and sits back in her seat a little. "Yeah, I don't know it either. It kinda sucks, because I think it looks really cool, but she's got this nifty little comms thing that she types on and words pop up. It's just... a little inconvenient for dinner convo. But we'll manage." Then Cantie takes out her phone, and Fettina grins a brilliant grin. "See?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Date]

Kirk raises his eyebrows, but he retrieves his phone and pushes it across the table. "That sounds like it must be very inconvenient for you." He poses.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Double Date]

Dena writes down her phone number and hands it over to Catana. "Typing does take a lot longer than talking." She agrees. "But we're hardly ones to talk about what's inconvinient in other relationships are we now, Kirk?" She looks at him as she corrects her sunglasses and then suddenly leans up against his shoulder as one of her snakes wrap around his head and emits a low hiss. "Their problems seem pretty small in comparison, wouldn't you agree?" She waggles her eyebrows.

4. - Top - End - #244

Double Date

It only takes a couple of seconds for her to set up a group chat between the four of them - in fact, although Kirk handing his phone over seems to briefly confuse the woman, Cantata quickly realizes and capitalizes on an opportunity, simply adding herself as a contact and using the already-existing ones for the rest of the group to create it.

On the bright side, teaching you how to sign sounds like a lovely excuse to spend more time with you she remarks. The empath can’t help but find the interaction between the two a little heartwarming, but Kirk’s question seems to sober her expression. It was... really difficult to adjust to, especially with work, but I’ve found ways to manage. There’s a lot you can do with pen and paper or a smile and a gesture. The spread of texting and online chatrooms means that talking like this is a lot easier for people too. Then the mercenary pauses, looking inquisitively at the two drow across the table. What about you two? Tina hasn’t told me much about the company she keeps, and I don’t want to hog the conversation.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #245

[Double Date]

"Hey, our troubles help make us interesting. Special. You're all just the most special people as far as I'm concerned," Fettina posits with a finger raised. "And hey, I'm here for it. I think all the hand gestures are kinda cute. Is that weird? Maybe that's weird."

She doesn't have a ton to add to Cantie's more serious reply, so she just strokes the other woman's arm. Her eyes flash to the elves. "Yes, what about you two?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Date Night]

Wenomir takes a close look at their surroundings. The view is indeed splendid, but there's something unusual about this balcony. What was it...

"This wouldn't normally belong to one of the owner's sons, would it? You said he was a mystic."

He can be surprisingly perceptive sometimes, can't he?
    [Date Night]

Cass gives Wenomir a sly smile.
    "It is," she says, sitting in one of the smaller chairs. "I said he was a friend, didn't I?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

[Date Night]

Wenomir nods, sitting in a larger chair opposite Cass.

"You did. This place seems to have a particular theme to its owners and employees. Orcs, minotaurs... a two-headed giantess."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #248

[Alone at the Bar]

"Hey, bartender?" A man sits down at the bar, wearing what was once probably quite an expensive suit, but now expertly straddles the line between still-smart and worn out. He doesn't seem particularly phased at the sight of a minotaur bartender, offering Asterios a pleasant smile as he fishes in his pockets and pulls out a small but expertly cut ruby and places it on the bar. "You can probably tell, right? I got the look about me of someone new to this place. Don't know what the local currency is, but judging by what the last half-dozen people paid with, I'm guessing more or less anything goes? That oughta be enough to last me 'til closing time, right? And, hells, maybe enough to spot a drink for anyone else who wants one." He chuckles, running a hand through short, neatly combed black hair that fades to a bright, silvery grey along its length.

He leans back slightly on his stool, bright brown, almost orange eyes scanning the room for anyone else looking a little lonesome while he waits for his drink. A stranger in an unfamiliar land could do with a little conversation to make things a little less intimidating...not that he seems the sort to be easily intimidated.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Date]

Kirk looks at Dena out of the corner of his eye. "I suppose so." He concedes.

"What about us indeed. That's a very broad question I think. I could tell you my life story, but we'd be here all night and not nearly be done. How about you narrow that question down a bit?" He smirks.

10. - Top - End - #250

[Double Date]

"Not to mention that everyone would have fallen asleep by the first half-hour of your epic tale, Kirk." She suddenly leans forward into Kirk's line of sight. "But not me, 'cause I luvv you." And with those words she kisses his cheek and as she withdraws her long tongue slips out for a quick lick and a giggle.
    Then she turns back to Tina and Cantana. "I'm teasing, you could say that's my deal." She says both audiably and in sign language.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Night]

Wenomir nods, sitting in a larger chair opposite Cass.

"You did. This place seems to have a particular theme to its owners and employees. Orcs, minotaurs... a two-headed giantess."
    [Date Night]

"It's that part of the city," says Cass, looking at the stage. "A lot of the people here tonight probably work as dockworkers or laborers not too far from here."

12. - Top - End - #252

Double Date

Cantata shifts closer to Tina as she feels her touch against her, glancing over at her a little teasingly as the two drow flirt. She might have to try that maneuver sometime. It's quite fun, although I still need to learn just what buttons she likes to have me push~ There's the briefest of pauses. And I suppose I'm curious about how you and Tina know each other. I would never have guessed you three ran in similar circles.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

13. - Top - End - #253

[Double Date]

"Yeah, one could say," Fettina says of Dena with a sardonic grin but a twinkle in her eye. She meets Cantie's eyes and winks. "And don't buy into Kirk. He wouldn't tell you his life story if his life depended on it. He likes to maintain an air of mystery with most. Helps get people in bed."

"Similar circles! You're gonna love this," Fettina raises her eyebrows at Kirk. At this point she's a little proud she managed to put one over on a guy like him when they first met. It really was a feat. "Go on and tell 'er, Kirk."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

[Date Night]

"Do you spend a lot of time in this part of the city?" Wenomir asks, looking at Cass closely. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised..."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Date]

Kirk quirks an eyebrow at Dena. She is an inexorable tease, that's for certain. He shifts his arm behind her to settle on her shoulders. He shakes his head and chuckles.

Ah, but now Fettina is getting her jabs in. He's going to have to defend himself eventually. "Ah yes, that. Tell me Cantata, have you noticed anything of yours has gone missing? You might want to check the local pawn shops sooner rather than later." He gives Fettina his best poker face as he stops speaking. As always, it's quite impenetrable on its face.

16. - Top - End - #256

[Double Date]

As Cantata types in her replies Dena let's her gaze move between Kirk and Tina, watching their interaction from behind her sunglasses. "Oh, we make quite the trio, don't we?" She gives her 'boyfriend's' shoulder a playful punch. "Kirk's the punching bag, I'm the jaded survivor and Tina..." Dena waggles her eyebrows. "She's the cute one obviously." As she types this down with one hand, feeling something would be missing if she tried to convey it through her limited sign vocabulary, she adds. "The cute thief, but I think that'd describe all of us."

17. - Top - End - #257

Double Date

I hope four isn't a crowd, Cantata remarks before turning to Fettina, impressed. My my, you stole from the great Kirk Locke? She giggles, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her close. You're quite the troublemaker~ As to Kirk's question she shakes her head. Well, come to think of it, she did get me to trade to her friend a few... shall we say, personal items?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

[Date Night]

"Do you spend a lot of time in this part of the city?" Wenomir asks, looking at Cass closely. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Alone at the Bar]

"Hey, bartender?" A man sits down at the bar, wearing what was once probably quite an expensive suit, but now expertly straddles the line between still-smart and worn out. He doesn't seem particularly phased at the sight of a minotaur bartender, offering Asterios a pleasant smile as he fishes in his pockets and pulls out a small but expertly cut ruby and places it on the bar. "You can probably tell, right? I got the look about me of someone new to this place. Don't know what the local currency is, but judging by what the last half-dozen people paid with, I'm guessing more or less anything goes? That oughta be enough to last me 'til closing time, right? And, hells, maybe enough to spot a drink for anyone else who wants one." He chuckles, running a hand through short, neatly combed black hair that fades to a bright, silvery grey along its length.

He leans back slightly on his stool, bright brown, almost orange eyes scanning the room for anyone else looking a little lonesome while he waits for his drink. A stranger in an unfamiliar land could do with a little conversation to make things a little less intimidating...not that he seems the sort to be easily intimidated.
    [Alone at the Bar]

"This'll do just fine," says the minotaur in a deep rumbly bass, stashing the ruby in the register with a large smile before mixing the gentleman something dark green, bitter, and very herbal.

As he scans the room, he may spot a small posse of elves come in and approach the bar, led by a handsome elven woman in a fine suit with red hair and a pair of thin scars traveling from her jawline up her left cheek. The minotaur gives the posse a glance, and wordlessly gestures to a side room, which the elven woman responds to with a nod. The posse heads in that direction, though just before going in, she stops one of the elves, pointing back to the bar.
    "Kid, wait out here."

The 'kid' groans, turning back towards the bar and slouching over with a suitably aggrieved expression. While he seems to be also an elf, the man in the suit might note some major differences between him and the other elves: for one, none of the other elves have horns and a tail. This particular elf also has charcoal grey skin and ash-white hair (a little past shoulder length, with a small braid over one ear), though his ears still appear to be long and pointed, and his features are strikingly beautiful, almost delicate looking, with large amber eyes, and full lips seemingly made for the truculent pout he's currently displaying as he sits a couple of chairs down from the man in the suit. He's wearing dark jeans and a shirt, and a heavy black leather jacket that adds a respectable amount of bulk to his slim frame, hunched over a bottle of Magweiser Lite that's quickly brought over to him by the bartender.

[Date Night]

Cass gives Wenomir a bemused smile.
    "My mercenary work and MERC contract bring me here from time to time," she says, puzzled as how he came that conclusion. "It's nicer than the rougher parts Inside docks or Tempest Row, at least. Do I look like someone who likes to seek out danger, to you? She asks, turning her question into a teasing barb.

19. - Top - End - #259

[Alone at the Bar]

"Glad to hear it." The man sniffs the drink when it's brought over, raises an eyebrow, takes a sip, then chuckles and nods. "Hells, you certainly know your stuff. That's damn good."

He was going to say more, but the posse of elves catches his attention out of the corner of his eye. He half-turns to watch as they file through into the side room, a brief twitch of the mouth suggesting some amusement as he watches the "kid" get sent off sulking back to the bar.

He waits a moment, fiddling in his pockets for a pouch of finely ground up black powder. He tips a little out and rolls it up in a thin piece of paper, then swiftly puts the pouch away. Next, he grabs a small clockwork device and flicks it, causing it to sprout a miniature flame. He takes a puff from the lit cigarette, sighing contentedly and puffing the smoke back out. It has a rather strong herbal aroma to it that carries quite far, and might cause those who take a sniff to feel just a little bit happier.

He glances at the sulking elf again, then quietly motions the minotaur back over. "Well, someone's not having a fun time, it seems." He mutters quietly, possibly still loud enough to be overheard by moody elf-ears. "And he certainly doesn't know his drinks. Or hasn't been given enough pocket money for the good stuff. Give him a pint of one of your craft ales, would ya? Ah- that one." He points at one that seemed to be popular amongst prior patrons he'd observed. "From me, if he asks. Maybe it'll cheer him up a little, eh?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

[Date Night]

"Not deliberately seek out danger, maybe, but you don't mind it either," Wenomir says, rising to the challenge. "Not that I'm one to talk. Most people would agree that I tend to charge it head-on even when I shouldn't."

21. - Top - End - #261

[Double Date]

"He's just mad cuz' the no account homeless pianist put the moves on him so bad. Years gone by and still he can't live it down," Fettina teases, but she keeps her tone light. She leans into Cantie. "And yes. I already took advantage of poor Cantata here, even without the ability to take advantage of anybody in my current state. Introduced her to a special friend."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Double Date]

As Cantata types in her replies Dena let's her gaze move between Kirk and Tina, watching their interaction from behind her sunglasses. "Oh, we make quite the trio, don't we?" She gives her 'boyfriend's' shoulder a playful punch. "Kirk's the punching bag, I'm the jaded survivor and Tina..." Dena waggles her eyebrows. "She's the cute one obviously." As she types this down with one hand, feeling something would be missing if she tried to convey it through her limited sign vocabulary, she adds. "The cute thief, but I think that'd describe all of us."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Double Date

I hope four isn't a crowd, Cantata remarks before turning to Fettina, impressed. My my, you stole from the great Kirk Locke? She giggles, wrapping an arm around her and pulling her close. You're quite the troublemaker~ As to Kirk's question she shakes her head. Well, come to think of it, she did get me to trade to her friend a few... shall we say, personal items?
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Double Date]

"He's just mad cuz' the no account homeless pianist put the moves on him so bad. Years gone by and still he can't live it down," Fettina teases, but she keeps her tone light. She leans into Cantie. "And yes. I already took advantage of poor Cantata here, even without the ability to take advantage of anybody in my current state. Introduced her to a special friend."
    [Double Date]

"Special friend?" Kirk gives Cantata a flat look, clearly unimpressed by her contributions to the teasing. His look seems to say, 'Who do you think you are?' He looks to Fettina again and his eyebrows rise and his eyes become more soft.

23. - Top - End - #263

[Double Date]

Dena decides to ease up on the tease as she feels tension in the air. At least Tina was contributing to a much needed subject change. "Yeah, tell us more." She urges.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-04-14 at 06:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Alone at the Bar]

"Glad to hear it." The man sniffs the drink when it's brought over, raises an eyebrow, takes a sip, then chuckles and nods. "Hells, you certainly know your stuff. That's damn good."

He was going to say more, but the posse of elves catches his attention out of the corner of his eye. He half-turns to watch as they file through into the side room, a brief twitch of the mouth suggesting some amusement as he watches the "kid" get sent off sulking back to the bar.

He waits a moment, fiddling in his pockets for a pouch of finely ground up black powder. He tips a little out and rolls it up in a thin piece of paper, then swiftly puts the pouch away. Next, he grabs a small clockwork device and flicks it, causing it to sprout a miniature flame. He takes a puff from the lit cigarette, sighing contentedly and puffing the smoke back out. It has a rather strong herbal aroma to it that carries quite far, and might cause those who take a sniff to feel just a little bit happier.

He glances at the sulking elf again, then quietly motions the minotaur back over. "Well, someone's not having a fun time, it seems." He mutters quietly, possibly still loud enough to be overheard by moody elf-ears. "And he certainly doesn't know his drinks. Or hasn't been given enough pocket money for the good stuff. Give him a pint of one of your craft ales, would ya? Ah- that one." He points at one that seemed to be popular amongst prior patrons he'd observed. "From me, if he asks. Maybe it'll cheer him up a little, eh?"
    [Date Night]

"Not deliberately seek out danger, maybe, but you don't mind it either," Wenomir says, rising to the challenge. "Not that I'm one to talk. Most people would agree that I tend to charge it head-on even when I shouldn't."
    [Alone at the Bar]

The sulking elf does indeed ask, shooting a glance at the man in the suit after he asks the minotaur where the extra drink is from. He hesitates for a moment, then seems to shrug a little, picking up the drink and sauntering over to take a seat a barstool away from the man.
    "Hey," he says. "Do I know you?"

[Date Night]

"Hmmmmmph," says Cass, smirking. "You'd think with all those people warning you, you might have learned some caution. Sounds like stubbornness to me."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

[Date Night]

"Hmm. Probably, yes," Wenomir admits, sounding entirely serious. "I've been called stubborn as a mule for as long as I can remember. If I'd listened, I'd have fewer scars now. But I don't know if you'd like that," he adds, looking Cass in the eye.

26. - Top - End - #266

[Less Alone at the Bar]

"Name's Atreyu." The man says, turning on his stool to face the elf, leaning slightly against the bar. "I'm new round these parts, so y'wouldn't know me. Saw y'getting the door shut on you, so I'm hoping the offer of a decent drink will be enough to earn me a little conversation. I ain't too familiar with the place, and you seemed a little moody sitting there on your own. If'n y'don't mind of course. A friendly face would be most welcome, and maybe it'd help take your mind off whatever you're missing out on."

27. - Top - End - #267

Double Date

Cantata raises an eyebrow at the look Kirk gives her, not terribly fazed by it. Dena earns a flash of an appreciative smile before she looks over at Tina, letting her take the lead.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #268

[Double Date]

"Oh, you two would know her. Though Kirk might have a better memory for her," Fettina giggles. "She's about my height... mostly looks like a pretty, punky human girl who has a problem with clothes... but she's actually a huge ancient dragon in disguise. She's, um..." Fettina bites her lip. "Something else. Cantie could attest." She reaches over and gives the songstress a pinch.

"Let's just say she's got some of the same advantages Kirk does. Centuries as a bachelor - or bachelorette - will do that I guess." Fettina sips her drink, arching her eyebrows as she leaves the rest of it to their imaginations.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2020-04-23 at 02:28 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Double Date]

Kirk raises an eyebrow. Fettina might be making some false assumptions about his interest. Kirk prefers younger women, because older women tend to be dangerous. Especially dragons. "I don't recall meeting any dragons through you." He comments casually. Though thinking about it, the options narrow considerably. "Where did we meet this friend of yours?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-04-23 at 08:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

[Double Date]

Did Tina miss Kirk's stare or was she simply trying to move past it? Dena could never really tell with her.
    Either way, the 'disguised ancient dragon' part kinda stood out. Was that...?

Dena closes her eyes and leans back in her seat. "The Triple B. Lydia, you introduced us to her." She puts a hand on the back of the neck and starts to gently massage it as she knew he would get tense as soon as the name got mentioned. He wouldn't forget what happened there.