Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 302
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    The game begins...

    You begin in the town of Oakhurst, in the central square. Important buildings in town include the town hall, general store, shrine, forge, and tavern. The villagers have already given you directions along the Old Road to the Sunless Citadel, so you may leave whenever you are ready. What would you like to do?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Perched atop a ledge overhanging the Oakhurst city square, Galinndan waited as the sun rose along the horizon. Growing up a military brat left him unable to sleep in; however, on this day something other than his father's ridiculous schedule lifted him from his slumber. Carving into an apple, and displaying a posed confidence, Galinndan sat and pondered his choices. While it wasn't a stale life being a husband, or an actor within a steady troupe, Galinndan longed for.... something. Then, an opening. A chance to join a crew of adventurers, to live as the characters often portrayed. Begrudgingly, but lovingly, Enna approved, making Galinndan promise to return to her so she could hear his tales of adventure. Twisting the hand holding the apple, a pale line of skin around the finger became revealed, "Not sure how I'm going to twist the story of losing my ring into one she'll enjoy listening to..."

    Cutting out the last slice, and tossing the remaining core, Galinndan felt it time to return to his likely waking crew. The task set before them, today they made their way to the Sunless Citadel. Strolling back towards the previous night's lodging, Galinndan considered which form this story would be told. Ballad? Maybe a show?

    Spoiler: Assumptions
    Show
    I took the assumption that we are already somewhat knowledgeable of each other as a group. Whether it be through previous adventures, or that we were the four to answer the call for help from Talgen and Sharwyn Hucrele's mother, personal interests (Like Fargrims sick clergy member), whatever brought us together we have been partially introduced.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheaton's Whelp View Post
    Spoiler: Assumptions
    Show
    I took the assumption that we are already somewhat knowledgeable of each other as a group. Whether it be through previous adventures, or that we were the four to answer the call for help from Talgen and Sharwyn Hucrele's mother, personal interests (Like Fargrims sick clergy member), whatever brought us together we have been partially introduced.
    Those assumptions would be correct.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheaton's Whelp View Post
    Perched atop a ledge overhanging the Oakhurst city square, Galinndan waited as the sun rose along the horizon. Growing up a military brat left him unable to sleep in; however, on this day something other than his father's ridiculous schedule lifted him from his slumber. Carving into an apple, and displaying a posed confidence, Galinndan sat and pondered his choices. While it wasn't a stale life being a husband, or an actor within a steady troupe, Galinndan longed for.... something. Then, an opening. A chance to join a crew of adventurers, to live as the characters often portrayed. Begrudgingly, but lovingly, Enna approved, making Galinndan promise to return to her so she could hear his tales of adventure. Twisting the hand holding the apple, a pale line of skin around the finger became revealed, "Not sure how I'm going to twist the story of losing my ring into one she'll enjoy listening to..."

    Cutting out the last slice, and tossing the remaining core, Galinndan felt it time to return to his likely waking crew. The task set before them, today they made their way to the Sunless Citadel. Strolling back towards the previous night's lodging, Galinndan considered which form this story would be told. Ballad? Maybe a show?

    Spoiler: Assumptions
    Show
    I took the assumption that we are already somewhat knowledgeable of each other as a group. Whether it be through previous adventures, or that we were the four to answer the call for help from Talgen and Sharwyn Hucrele's mother, personal interests (Like Fargrims sick clergy member), whatever brought us together we have been partially introduced.
    Fargrim yells up at Galinndan. "Lad! Coome down 'ere. We got to be ready for goin', when the rest o' those lazy sods wake uhp".

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Please do note, y'all that any apparent misspellings are my attempts to transcribe Fargrim's accent...
    Last edited by CircleOfTheRock; 2018-01-12 at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    "In the Eyes of the Great Beyond, you are constrained to each other's embrace until the day you perish"
    "Hey, that sounded more like a curse than a wedding" Your mortal customs are foreign to me. Is there a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    REAL mages speak Modron!
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    If I ever tried to cast animate dead or conjure animals at my table, my DM would reveal an AK47 and kill everyone in the room and then himself.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Harbek strides to the group and chuckles at Fargrim's impatience. "Leave it to another dwarf to complain about punctuality while the elf is perched like a pigeon on the roof." He unshoulders his backpack for a moment, having arrived from purchasing a few last-minute supplies. He pulls out the trusty sling he had brought with him and lazily twirls it to keep his hands occupied as they wait for the last of their companions.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Gesturing towards his garb, "Harbek, my plumage may be a bit drab, but even you must admit I'm beyond the coo's of a pigeon. More akin to a mourning dove. Elegant, yet trashy." Smirking at his dwarven companions, Galinndan saunters up, arms slightly extended to show off his recently purchased leathers. The mixture of brown hide and studded metallic grays were a step away from the flashy costumes he'd wear during performances. Quickly peeking around the neighboring side streets, "Either of you see the big guy around?"

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheaton's Whelp View Post
    Gesturing towards his garb, "Harbek, my plumage may be a bit drab, but even you must admit I'm beyond the coo's of a pigeon. More akin to a mourning dove. Elegant, yet trashy." Smirking at his dwarven companions, Galinndan saunters up, arms slightly extended to show off his recently purchased leathers. The mixture of brown hide and studded metallic grays were a step away from the flashy costumes he'd wear during performances. Quickly peeking around the neighboring side streets, "Either of you see the big guy around?"
    "Nae, lad, although I'm sure he's comin'. I voote for waitin' around, though, even if it takes an hoour or more.
    Fargrim declares. "It'd be a cryin' shame if we left without 'im."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    "In the Eyes of the Great Beyond, you are constrained to each other's embrace until the day you perish"
    "Hey, that sounded more like a curse than a wedding" Your mortal customs are foreign to me. Is there a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    REAL mages speak Modron!
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    If I ever tried to cast animate dead or conjure animals at my table, my DM would reveal an AK47 and kill everyone in the room and then himself.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    The big guy comes into sight, walking back from the direction the group was to travel. He carries relatively little, a common pack with traveling gear, a large single bladed axe at his side, and a lack of armor made more conspicuous by the scars covering his thick arms. He forces a smile and booms out, "What took you so long? I went ahead to see if you had left without me." Soft low landers. Maybe if we pull this job off I can gather a proper warband. Beorn looks over the group. Not exactly what he sought to find, but you have to start somewhere.

    "Let us go! This place will not explore itself."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    "I weren't aware mourning doves were known for their singing voices, Master Nai'lo." Despite the subtle criticism that Harbek's words implied, his voice carries tones of amusement and playful jest. As Beorn approaches and seems incredibly eager to get moving, Harbek swings his pack back up to his shoulders, keeping the sling in one hand. "A sound suggestion indeed, Master Oakskin. Let us be off." When the group does set off, he keeps to the rear, allowing the others, who seem much more trained in the ways of weapons and the ways of combat, to take the lead.
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-01-13 at 03:20 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    While not much taller than himself, the lumbering Beorn stood a man and a half wider than Galinndan.
    "Ah, my fair Beorn!" Beating a clenched fist against the firm leather caused a low thud to meekly echo. "Do leave us some of the glory as we trudge forward would you? An audience can only hear of so many cleaved heads before they grow weary." Looking over Beorn, Galinndan had to admit the axe-wielding Goliath of a man fit the description of many a heroic protagonist. As the merry-band of adventurers set off, Galinndan walks amidst the center. As conversation ceases he pulls out his violin and bow, and begins playing a series of lively songs he'd use to perform during the elvish epic, 'The Faerie Queen.' A classic hero's journey, filled with loss and triumph, love yet tragedy. Most importantly to Galinndan, through all obstacles the hero returns to his Queen.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Your merry group follows the Old Road northwest. After about an hour of travelling, the Old road passes to the east of a narrow ravine. At the road's closest approach to the cleft, several broken pillars hit from the earth where the ravine widens. Two of the pillars stand straight, but most lean atop sloped earth. Others are broken, and several have apparently fallen into the dark depths. A few similar pillars are visible on the other side of the ravine (which is only about 40' away. It's a small ravine.). A sturdy, knotted rope is tied around one of the pillars on this side of the ravine, hanging down into the rift.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-01-13 at 07:37 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Your merry group follows the Old Road northwest. After about an hour of travelling, the Old road passes to the east of a narrow ravine. At the road's closest approach to the cleft, several broken pillars hit from the earth where the ravine widens. Two of the pillars stand straight, but most lean atop sloped earth. Others are broken, and several have apparently fallen into the dark depths. A few similar pillars are visible on the other side of the ravine (which is only about 40' away. It's a small ravine.). A sturdy, knotted rope is tied around one of the pillars on this side of the ravine, hanging down into the rift.
    "Cautiously, nooh, lads. I'll take the fruhnt, if noo-one objects?"
    Waiting barely a second for a reply, he shoulders to the front, drawing his warhammer. "There could be anythin' lurkin' there, and we don't want to be caught off guard, aye?"
    Last edited by CircleOfTheRock; 2018-01-13 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    "In the Eyes of the Great Beyond, you are constrained to each other's embrace until the day you perish"
    "Hey, that sounded more like a curse than a wedding" Your mortal customs are foreign to me. Is there a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    REAL mages speak Modron!
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    If I ever tried to cast animate dead or conjure animals at my table, my DM would reveal an AK47 and kill everyone in the room and then himself.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    The sight of stone pillars was a welcomed sight to Galinndan, who himself hates to feel lost. Upon witnessing his dwarven companion draw his hammer, the stringed bow slide across the violin one last time. Silence envelopes the party for the first time since leaving Oakhurst. The music had calmed his nerves, but best air on the side of safety.

    "Hmm, it appears someone ahead of us took to the ravine?" Walking up to the rope, Galinndan pulls to test the tension. Finding the rope hold its own, Galinndan leans over the edge to inspect the ravine below.

    Spoiler: Perception Roll
    Show
    Checking into the ravine to see what's there.

    Perception: (1d20+3)[15]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Seeing the matching stonework on each side of the ravine, Harbek gives a low, impressed whistle. Their sloped nature and state of ruin suggested they were very old indeed. As Galinndan moves to look at the rope, the dwarf cautiously approaches one of the straight-standing pillars to inspect it closer.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheaton's Whelp View Post
    The sight of stone pillars was a welcomed sight to Galinndan, who himself hates to feel lost. Upon witnessing his dwarven companion draw his hammer, the stringed bow slide across the violin one last time. Silence envelopes the party for the first time since leaving Oakhurst. The music had calmed his nerves, but best air on the side of safety.

    "Hmm, it appears someone ahead of us took to the ravine?" Walking up to the rope, Galinndan pulls to test the tension. Finding the rope hold its own, Galinndan leans over the edge to inspect the ravine below.

    Spoiler: Perception Roll
    Show
    Checking into the ravine to see what's there.

    Perception: [roll0]
    Peering down into the ravine, Galinndan sees the rope hang down about 30 feet, next to a row of crudely carved handholds. At the bottom is a ledge with a set of rough stairs leading down from it into the darkness. Three giant rats languish on the ledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhismurWanders View Post
    Seeing the matching stonework on each side of the ravine, Harbek gives a low, impressed whistle. Their sloped nature and state of ruin suggested they were very old indeed. As Galinndan moves to look at the rope, the dwarf cautiously approaches one of the straight-standing pillars to inspect it closer.
    The pillar is very old and very worn. Graffiti covers it, written with the dwarven alphabet, but not in a language that Harbek understands.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Beorn looks at the rope and shrugs. "I will test it." He straps his axe to his belt and seeks handholds in the stone next to the rope, unwilling to trust his full weight to an unkown.
    Spoiler
    Show
    athletics to climb down (1d20+5)[14]

    At the bottom he tugs on the rope to test it.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Beorn looks at the rope and shrugs. "I will test it." He straps his axe to his belt and seeks handholds in the stone next to the rope, unwilling to trust his full weight to an unkown.
    Spoiler
    Show
    athletics to climb down [roll0]

    At the bottom he tugs on the rope to test it.
    The rope holds, and Beorn is able to begin climbing down.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    "Ugh, must you always be so bold Sir?" Seeing the largest of the crew descend, Galinndan prepares himself for the drop.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Athletics to scale down the rope: (1d20+2)[4]


    As Galinndan moves down the rope, he whispers towards Beorn, "Do be careful, there are some large rodents about. If possible we may avoid them, I assume they are dangerously unsanitary.

    Spoiler: Stealth Roll
    Show
    Stealth Roll: (1d20+5)[19] to avoid being seen by the rats

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheaton's Whelp View Post
    "Ugh, must you always be so bold Sir?" Seeing the largest of the crew descend, Galinndan prepares himself for the drop.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Athletics to scale down the rope: [roll0]


    As Galinndan moves down the rope, he whispers towards Beorn, "Do be careful, there are some large rodents about. If possible we may avoid them, I assume they are dangerously unsanitary.

    Spoiler: Stealth Roll
    Show
    Stealth Roll: [roll1] to avoid being seen by the rats
    The knotted rope is quite easy to climb, and despite his unsteady grip, Galinndan is able to begin lowering himself into the pit. However, one of the rats, alerted by the sound of your party talking to each other, looks up and sees the two of you descending the rope.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    "We shoulda stayed away", Fargrim mutters, before beginning to clamber down behind Beorn and Galindann. He'll put away his warhammer, and ready, for if the rats or anything yet unseen, attack, Guiding Bolt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    "In the Eyes of the Great Beyond, you are constrained to each other's embrace until the day you perish"
    "Hey, that sounded more like a curse than a wedding" Your mortal customs are foreign to me. Is there a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    REAL mages speak Modron!
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    If I ever tried to cast animate dead or conjure animals at my table, my DM would reveal an AK47 and kill everyone in the room and then himself.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Beorn looks at the watching rat. He twists his face into a snarl and growls at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    intimidate (1d20+2)[9], hoping to do enough to send the idea 'we aren't easy food'

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Harbek hears and sees the others going over the edge where the rope is, and decides to leave the puzzle of the not-quite Dwarven script for later. He certainly didn't want to be left alone too long in the foreboding landscape. As he spots the rats sitting at the bottom of the rope, Harbek reaches for a bullet from his sling. It almost looked like he could provide assistance from atop the cliff, but it might be a tough shot.

    Spoiler: Range Question
    Show
    If the rope is 30' down, are the rats within a 30' range if I stay atop the cliff? Sling range is 30/120,
    so its right on the line of being a normal roll or at disadvantage.

    Assuming a fight breaks out, that is.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Beorn looks at the watching rat. He twists his face into a snarl and growls at it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    intimidate [roll0], hoping to do enough to send the idea 'we aren't easy food'
    One of the rats backs down, cowed, but the other two are unimpressed. They approach the bottom of the rope and begin clawing at the rock face, trying to climb up. One of them gets a grip and managed to climb 10ft toward you.
    [spoiler=assumption] I assume Beorn is 15ft down from the top, because that would be the minimum distance down with three characters on the rope and not sharing spaces.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhismurWanders View Post
    Harbek hears and sees the others going over the edge where the rope is, and decides to leave the puzzle of the not-quite Dwarven script for later. He certainly didn't want to be left alone too long in the foreboding landscape. As he spots the rats sitting at the bottom of the rope, Harbek reaches for a bullet from his sling. It almost looked like he could provide assistance from atop the cliff, but it might be a tough shot.

    Spoiler: Range Question
    Show
    If the rope is 30' down, are the rats within a 30' range if I stay atop the cliff? Sling range is 30/120,
    so its right on the line of being a normal roll or at disadvantage.

    Assuming a fight breaks out, that is.
    The rats will be just barely in range, if they are directly at the bottom of the cliff. If they are even one space away from the cliff, it is disadvantage.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Beorn wraps the rope around one arm and draws a javelin from his back, hurling it down at the nearest rat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    wrapping rope - fluff
    item interaction - draw javelin
    action - attack w/ javelin (1d20+5)[16] for (1d6+3)[5] piercing damage

    no movement

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Tickled by the sight of Beorn growling with fervor at a pack of rodents quickly subsided as Galinndan watched the pack encroach and begin to climb the rope. Annoyed by their intrusion, and by the fact they made it difficult to complete the climb down, the anger boiled over as Galinndan yells, "Back off you buck-toothed bastards! Getting your grimy, flea-ridden, rubbish laden paws all over the rope. Back off before we split you length wise!"

    Spoiler: Initiative and Vicious Mockery
    Show
    Initiative Roll: (1d20+3)[7]
    Vicious Mockery against the Rat at the Highest Point on the Rope: Damage: (1d4)[1] vs. Wis Save or it takes psychic damage and has disadvantage on its next attack.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Beorn wraps the rope around one arm and draws a javelin from his back, hurling it down at the nearest rat.
    Spoiler
    Show
    wrapping rope - fluff
    item interaction - draw javelin
    action - attack w/ javelin [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage

    no movement
    The javelin hits home, and the rat squeals in pain, but it doesn't lose its grip on the rock face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheaton's Whelp View Post
    Tickled by the sight of Beorn growling with fervor at a pack of rodents quickly subsided as Galinndan watched the pack encroach and begin to climb the rope. Annoyed by their intrusion, and by the fact they made it difficult to complete the climb down, the anger boiled over as Galinndan yells, "Back off you buck-toothed bastards! Getting your grimy, flea-ridden, rubbish laden paws all over the rope. Back off before we split you length wise!"

    Spoiler: Initiative and Vicious Mockery
    Show
    Initiative Roll: [roll0]
    Vicious Mockery against the Rat at the Highest Point on the Rope: Damage: [roll1] vs. Wis Save or it takes psychic damage and has disadvantage on its next attack.
    The rat ignores your threat and continues to cling to the rock face.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-01-15 at 02:24 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Harbek lets the sling's bullet fly with a flick of his wrist, sending it hurtling towards the climbing rat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack; (1d20+2)[22] for (1d4+2)[6] + 1 (critical hit)= 7 bludgeoning damage
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-01-16 at 05:08 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by WhismurWanders View Post
    Harbek lets the sling's bullet fly with a flick of his wrist, sending it hurtling towards the climbing rat.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack; [roll0] for [roll1] + 1 (critical hit)= 7 bludgeoning damage
    The stone strikes the rat between the eyes. The rat loses its grip on the rock face and falls to the ground, slain.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Eastern Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Fargrim, chanting and moving his hands, draws on the divine power of his god, Helm, and lets loose a bolt of blinding light at the remaining rat.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Action: Guiding Bolt, attack roll: (1d20+5)[19], damage if hit: (4d6)[12], and if hit the next attack against it has advantage.
    Last edited by CircleOfTheRock; 2018-01-16 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    "In the Eyes of the Great Beyond, you are constrained to each other's embrace until the day you perish"
    "Hey, that sounded more like a curse than a wedding" Your mortal customs are foreign to me. Is there a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    REAL mages speak Modron!
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    If I ever tried to cast animate dead or conjure animals at my table, my DM would reveal an AK47 and kill everyone in the room and then himself.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: 5e Sunless Citadel IC

    Quote Originally Posted by CircleOfTheRock View Post
    Fargrim, chanting and moving his hands, draws on the divine power of his god, Helm, and lets loose a bolt of blinding light at the remaining rat.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Action: Guiding Bolt, attack roll: [roll0], damage if hit: [roll1], and if hit the next attack against it has advantage.
    The burst of light hits the rat, and it's scorched corpse collapses to the ground. The third rat, finding itself alone, runs away in terror, disappearing into the darkness.

    Everyone gets 19 experience points.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-01-17 at 06:32 AM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •