New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Whatever." Fade says in his typical emotionless voice. It's likly that he doesn't get her or just don't care for such phrases. "Most people who want a licence are new here. It's nothing to take note." He then goes through the form looking the data up.

"Well now I only need what profession you used to be." While talking he puts the paper on his desks. Suddendly something begins to copy the data from the form into the pc. It's hard to see as his table is not well lit, but it appears like a shadow typing.
    [Enquiries from Fade]

Annaliese makes an exaggerated show of looking down at the sheriff's badge pinned to her shirt, and then back at Fade. "I vas a Sheriff. Polizei?" She finally says, pointing to the badge. Inwardly, Shuyoru's incredulous that the guy didn't notice. After making it so prominent and everything! The shadow typing person is interesting, and come to think of it, shadow powers would be a good fit for the person he's talking to right now.

Outwardly, Annaliese glances at the table, and then back at Fade, looking disinterested. "Do you haf any AMEN jobs?"

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Fayyaad lifts the magazine so Chidi can see the title - Inside Insider.

"Interesting, certainly. Good? That is a matter of opinion. It's more of a gossip magazine than anything else. They might not lie, but they care mostly for sensation, it seems." He looks at one of the pages. "'Is Wenomir the heir to an empire'? The answer is, apparently, 'no, and don't mention anything like it in his earshot if you value your nose'. But they spend a page on just that."
    [Common Room - Chidi]

"Ah, one of those." Chidi replies, after laughing at the way the tiefling speaks of the magazine. The title was a dead giveaway, but Fayyad's description confirms it. "Wenomir, eh? Sounds Slavic, and definitely like a real tough guy. Who's he?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

[Common Room - Chidi]

"I don't know about Slavic, but he's one of the commanders of Vigil, if you've heard of them," Fayyaad explains. "From what I've heard, he's dour, humourless and dull, but also inhumanly skilled in battle. I've never met him in person."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Pixie in the Playground

[Common Room - Chidi]

Chidi smiles a bit too widely. "That's the kind of person he is, eh? And a powerful strong fighter, too? The woman I came here with, my commanding officer, would probably make good friends with him, for she's the same way! Humorless, permanent scowl, formal... but she's a great leader and a strong fighter." Though he laughs at first, the end of the last sentence is said with a deep sense of respect.

"Slavic means... well, I did notice there aren't any references to countries in the locations of the Nexus places. For instance, based on your name and perhaps your accent, you'd be said to be from the Middle East. Heard of it?" Probably not, though. "What is VIGIL, though? If MERC is a mercenary company, lemme guess, it's a vigilante company?" He can't suppress a smirk at his last statement.
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Seeking Shelter]

Dena nods. "Yeah, you too, huh? It's a pain." Except all those times it was useful for killing people with. But she isn't going to tell Natharia that in front of her mother.
    "What about the snakes though? They giving you any trouble? Sometimes it's if they can have a mind of their own. People really need to watch out, we're dangerous." Though it isn't really visible behind her sunglasses, Dena is winking.
    [Seeking Shelter]

Natharia grins. "This one bit my auntie." She cups one of the snakes lovingly against her cheek. "She was very, very mean. Totally deserved it."

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Front Entrance - Another Time]

"Can we talk to them? I imagine there's some kind of official sign-up, right?" Lantern asks, shifting her staff from one hand to the other.
    [Front Entrance - Another Time]

"Yeah, we'll go look for someone," says Cass. Lantern may note a subtle movement of her fingers, and then Cass' appearance just shifts. Gone are the dark circles, the look of general dishevelment and weariness. Rather, Cass suddenly looks neat, presentable, and like she's wearing a face full of light makeup. Totally appropriate for the job, and not at all hungover.

"Uh... this way," she says, still sounding completely like she just woke up in a gutter, and she'll lead Lantern to the office of... someone in charge.

Spoiler: Previously, on MERC
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies
    [Astrana's Office]

Cass taps her foot anxiously.
    "I just... whatever information you can get about our bond, I would appreciate. I've got a demon inside me, for li-"
    Cass breaks off, spitting out a number of choice curses in Drow. Hopefully Astrana doesn't understand any of them.
    "Light, how compromised am I?" Says Cass, sounding strained. "Can it influence my decisions? What is this doing to my body? Anything, Astrana. Please."

Rahvi, for his part, sits their patiently, giving Cass a curious look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller
    [Astrana's Office]

The warlock nods. "Alright, I guess you can't tell me much more on your own. Thankfully, as magical indentification is the most common job for me I have recently aquired something that will make it take next to no time at all. Just give me one moment." She disappears underneath her desk for a moment and pulls out a drawer.
    Once she comes back up she's holding a owl mask in her hands.

"This will allow me to 'see' the magic between you. It's not as close a scrutiny as I'd want but it's more than enough in this case." She pauses and holds it up over her face. "Now... just give me a moment." And so the tiefling puts the mask on and turns to them. "Move closer to each other for a moment, please."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies
    [Astrana's Office]

Rahvi chuckles when Astrana pulls the mask out. "Charming. Will you do a dance, too?"
    Cass glares at him. And then glares at him again when he pats his lap in a 'sit here' kind of gesture. She pushes her chair closer instead, until she and Rahvi are sitting side by side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller
    [Astrana's Office]

"No, unless this fails of course." Astrana replies. "Dancing, or simply a persons body in movement, can have profound effects on people. So entities are influenced by it too. Normally, I'd do a dance to call upon a specific entity to help me in this case but I guess you're out on luck on that one." He can likely hear the amusement in her voice as she speaks even if he can't see it on her face.

The way the mask works is that is removes all color from the wearers vision (if they can see color that is). Instead, they will be able to see 'magic' in the form of concepts. These can be in the form of strange tattoos on a enchanted (or possessed) persons body or as figures or symbols floating around them. Sometimes they even come in the form of sounds or smells but the mask is mostly focused on the visual aspects. Their intention is not always clear but a proffesional warlock can usually work them out.

[Astrana's Office]

Astrana will be able to see her symbols, however, something seems to be clouding her magic. Anything she sees will seem to be hazy and blurred, as if looking through a fog-covered window. Still, a couple of the omens are obvious enough. The heavy chain wrapped around both Cass and Rahvi, binding them together with a leash disappearing into the darkness. Not a lot new going on there. A few more omens are a bit more obscure. Three birds squabbling in a cage of bones: a magpie, a wren, a crow. But aren't there only two birds here? And why is the cage made from the bones of a hawk? Two marionettes, dangling from strings. A fearful gaze presence holds them, and yet the strings are tangled, and the hands holding them broken and mangled, as the puppets dance freely to a tune of their own. A raven and a bat fighting, tearing into each others' flesh, unaware of a cackling imp wearing a paper mask in the guise of a quasit. A goblet of blood spilling across an open tome. And finally, a flickering blue candle flame hovering above Cass' head. Astrana may get the sense that this flame represents Cass somehow - fragile, ephemeral, and yet in its own way unnatural. As Astrana watches the flame, a mask of darkness slides across the flame, like the moon sliding across the face of the sun in an eclipse, causing the candle to burn with an altogether different radiance.

Soon, all the omens will fade however, to be replaced a vague white mist that extends outward from Rahvi and Cass, collecting in a pool above their heads. From the mist a card is drawn, flipping into Astrana's view as clearly and plainly as if Astrana were sitting at a reader's table. The Fool, reversed. Then the next card: The Hierophant, reversed. And then the third card: The Hermit, reversed. And then a final, fourth card, sitting atop them all: The Devil, reversed. Once the cards are drawn, Astrana will feel a sense of amusement, and then the cards will fade away, revealing only the white fog, unchanging and unrevealing.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2020-04-07 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Once the MERC representative returns, Hades raises a gloved hand and offers a charming smile. However, as Fade explains, his smile fades away swiftly, gradually replaced by a deep scowl. His cheeks redden, then turn a splotchy purple shade. A vein bulges out at his neck, and his free hand clenches into a fist. The large, finely-dressed man stares down at Fade before slowly and very deliberately setting his expensive cigarette back between his lips. He takes a long draw before exhaling and angrily flicking the remaining half of the cigarette directly at Fade, aiming for the discarded butt to connect with the smaller man's forehead.

Hades scoffs before stepping closer, pointing a broad finger directly at Fade's nose. "No? You're telling me no, little man?" He twitches, brows angled harshly. "Do you have any idea who you're talking to, boy?!" Hades sputters here, lips curled into a snarl. "The mud I scrape off the bottom of my shoe is worth more than you and your entire miserable bloodline will ever be!" Spit is flying at this point. "I've taken sh*ts I've respected more than you." With a heated chuckles, he continues his tirade, shouting loud enough for everyone to hear at this point. "No, here's what's going to happen, son!"

"You're going to march your worthless ass to wherever the hell you go when you're not out here wasting people's time and get a manager!"

"I demand it!"
    [Main Lobby]

Fade's expression will remain unchanged all the time, if Hades got his 'Aura' on he might notice no change at Fade. Well mostly because he is dressed in grey clothing, but his eyes will still shine yellow. As the remains of the cigar got flicked Fade immediatly blocks the missile with his hand causing ashe to spread in the air, while his other hand goes down to a hilt hidden in his rags. Defnitly not a wise choice to 'attack' Fade, but the shadow man doesn't draw his weapon yet. Fade will withstand the barrage of insults without backing down, his hand still at his weapon. When Hades ends with his demand Fade will let a few moments pass befor he replys in a calm but certain voice:

"No." he let's another moment pass likly seeing the big man get even more mad.
    "I don't know who you are since you aren't known much in the Nexus and I belive you have bad sense for worth. Futher more I have already talked to an authorty member in this matter, which means there is no need to do it again. I demand you to leave or I might 'enforce' this matter."

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Enquiries from Fade]

Annaliese makes an exaggerated show of looking down at the sheriff's badge pinned to her shirt, and then back at Fade. "I vas a Sheriff. Polizei?" She finally says, pointing to the badge. Inwardly, Shuyoru's incredulous that the guy didn't notice. After making it so prominent and everything! The shadow typing person is interesting, and come to think of it, shadow powers would be a good fit for the person he's talking to right now.

Outwardly, Annaliese glances at the table, and then back at Fade, looking disinterested. "Do you haf any AMEN jobs?"

[Common Room - Chidi]

"Ah, one of those." Chidi replies, after laughing at the way the tiefling speaks of the magazine. The title was a dead giveaway, but Fayyad's description confirms it. "Wenomir, eh? Sounds Slavic, and definitely like a real tough guy. Who's he?"
    [Enquiries from Fade]

Fade is just running down the question. And just think about it, just because you wear a star is not nessesary you are a Sherrif. On top you talk to Fade who is no native to society especially not any western area.
    "No specialization then?" he asks while writing it down.

As for her next question he remains silent for a moment. The shadow still typing.
    "Not under the jobs for licensed members." he replies.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Lobby]

The second that Fade threatens him, the larger man's eyes widen in anger, his reddened cheeks darkening further. Now, he's positively frothing at the mouth, so enraged is he. "You dare threaten me?!" Spit cascades from the man's full lips, his twitching face contorted into a wrathful expression. "So THIS is how you people conduct yourselves! Do you have any idea what you've just done, boy?!" Veins continue to bulge, and teeth continue to gnash. "Do you know how many orphanages I sponsor? How many college funds? Do you have ANY idea?! People love me, and they love my brand, and I tell you what! Every last soul in this whole damn city is gonna know what you did!" His right eye twitches, and he continues to gesture with a finger.

"I'm gonna have your face on the front of every newspaper! How you threatened a man of my calibre! I'm important! And I'm gonna make sure everybody knows how this place treats beloved philanthropists!" He chuckles a little here, his eyes flashing. "And I want it to weigh on you son, when this place gets shut down, it'll have been your god damn fault!"

At that, M.H. turns around and proceeds to storm out of the building, slamming the front door behind him.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-04-07 at 06:04 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

[Common Room - Chidi]

"I've never heard of a place called 'Middle East', no." Fayyaad shakes his head. "Though I have once met a woman who seemed to come from a land very similar to my own, but named differently and on another world." He shrugs. "As for Vigil, that would be accurate. They rush in to fight evildoers, save people, right wrongs and suchlike. They seem like a decent sort, if overzealous. I've only met one person from there, but he made quite an impression."

[Dipsnig's Office - Lantern & Cass]

Cassandra and Lantern can find Dipsnig in his office, though they'll need to wait a bit to see him. The goblin is looking through a long list of data on a computer. There's a young wolf curled up on pillows off to the side. She raises her head curiously when the two enter.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Pixie in the Playground

Fade is just running down the question. And just think about it, just because you wear a star is not nessesary you are a Sherrif. On top you talk to Fade who is no native to society especially not any western area.
    "No specialization then?" he asks while writing it down.

As for her next question he remains silent for a moment. The shadow still typing.
    "Not under the jobs for licensed members." he replies.
    [Enquiries from Fade]

Not even if the star has writing indicating the wearer is a Sheriff of the police? Noted about Fade though.

"Night shift." Annaliese simply responds, then nods thoughtfully when told there are no AMEN jobs. She'll have to come back to check later. "Vat else?"

"I've never heard of a place called 'Middle East', no." Fayyaad shakes his head. "Though I have once met a woman who seemed to come from a land very similar to my own, but named differently and on another world." He shrugs. "As for Vigil, that would be accurate. They rush in to fight evildoers, save people, right wrongs and suchlike. They seem like a decent sort, if overzealous. I've only met one person from there, but he made quite an impression."
    [Common Room - Chidi]

Chidi nods in understanding. That'd be like the fictional media he peruses from time to time which explicitly has people from various countries and settings, in places that are named differently.

As for VIGIL... he starts to connect some dots. For example, if he'd heard of someone in this strange land that could help him in some way, he'd try to find her. If her name were Onyeka, for instance, that would be the cherry on top. In short, Svetlana could be in VIGIL. Especially since Fayyad describes them as overzealous. "Hmm... so, they're heroes, only they utilize more violent methods. Good fit for her..." He trails off, in thought. He should confer with the Colonel.

"What else is going on in Inside, speaking of which? Any other thing of interest? Surely a gossip magazine would have at least an element of truth worth seeking in it."
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

[Common Room - Chidi]

Fayyaad looks down at the magazine again.

"There's something about the infestation of shape-shifting monsters. I've heard of those. And this... meme plague, as they call it. Reportedly it causes people to act in ways stereotypical for their species, if they're not human."

11. - Top - End - #1181

[Astrana's Office]

Astrana looks around the room, quickly fishing up a notebook from a drawer to scrawl down her visions on paper. She hurriedly try to write down as many observations as she dares, well-aware of the ever shifting nature of these things, until it all turns into white mist.

Taking a few last look around the room and then waiting for about five minutes to make sure that she hadn't missed anything she finally removes her mask and goes for one of the books in her bookcase to see if she could decipher the meaning. Astrana didn't have too much experience with this type of symbology but that's what books were for. She was educated enough to be able to mentally cross-reference this with other symbology she had seen so it wouldn't take her too long to get the gist of it.

But as to not make them wait, she hands Cassandra her notebook before she starts going through the book. "Can you two make anything out of this? Your impression is as important as my own."

[Seeking Shelter]

"She shouldn't have done that." Shanti chimes in, though it seems more out of principle than anything as she hadn't scolded her daughter for what happened. "But her auntie is fine now and was never in any true danger."

Dena raises an eyebrow as she looks at the druid for a moment. "Yeah, family is usually a lot more trouble than snakes." She finally agrees. "But that isn't to say they are only useful dealing with troublesome aunties." A grin. "Snakes that is, but probably family too." She slowly runs her hand through the mass of her own snakes. "They tend to ward off idiots, probably including your auntie, and grab the attention of the right people. You got any friends yet? You seem like the kind of girl who'd get a lot of friends."

[Dipsnig's Office]

Jaahlyn can't quite mask her interest of the stones that Qrit hands over and leans a bit closer and sniffs in the air to take in the smells of the room. One of the advantages of this form.
    The fact that Qrit didn't smell much she took as a good sign. No assassin worth his coin would overlook that detail. She had more than enough experience with wolfen to know that a strong scent could ruin an entire operation.
    Dipsnig of course smelled as she expected him to, but the stones only smelled of the blood from the pouch they were held in. Interesting indeed.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-04-11 at 05:43 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1182

[Main Lobby]

The second that Fade threatens him, the larger man's eyes widen in anger, his reddened cheeks darkening further. Now, he's positively frothing at the mouth, so enraged is he. "You dare threaten me?!" Spit cascades from the man's full lips, his twitching face contorted into a wrathful expression. "So THIS is how you people conduct yourselves! Do you have any idea what you've just done, boy?!" Veins continue to bulge, and teeth continue to gnash. "Do you know how many orphanages I sponsor? How many college funds? Do you have ANY idea?! People love me, and they love my brand, and I tell you what! Every last soul in this whole damn city is gonna know what you did!" His right eye twitches, and he continues to gesture with a finger.

"I'm gonna have your face on the front of every newspaper! How you threatened a man of my calibre! I'm important! And I'm gonna make sure everybody knows how this place treats beloved philanthropists!" He chuckles a little here, his eyes flashing. "And I want it to weigh on you son, when this place gets shut down, it'll have been your god damn fault!"

At that, M.H. turns around and proceeds to storm out of the building, slamming the front door behind him.

[Main Lobby]

Fade doesn t appear concerned at all. Well it is like befor no glimps of any emotion. That might make Hades even more mad since he should understand that even if this place got shut down he never feels regret.

When Hades left Fade just turns to the next camera assuming Kirk looks through it and just shrugs before he heads back to his desk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Enquiries from Fade]

Not even if the star has writing indicating the wearer is a Sheriff of the police? Noted about Fade though.

"Night shift." Annaliese simply responds, then nods thoughtfully when told there are no AMEN jobs. She'll have to come back to check later. "Vat else?"

[Common Room - Chidi]

Chidi nods in understanding. That'd be like the fictional media he peruses from time to time which explicitly has people from various countries and settings, in places that are named differently.

As for VIGIL... he starts to connect some dots. For example, if he'd heard of someone in this strange land that could help him in some way, he'd try to find her. If her name were Onyeka, for instance, that would be the cherry on top. In short, Svetlana could be in VIGIL. Especially since Fayyad describes them as overzealous. "Hmm... so, they're heroes, only they utilize more violent methods. Good fit for her..." He trails off, in thought. He should confer with the Colonel.

"What else is going on in Inside, speaking of which? Any other thing of interest? Surely a gossip magazine would have at least an element of truth worth seeking in it."
    [Main Lobby]

Halloween costums say the same so you can t be sure after all. On top since there is no real authority in the nexus there is nosource of proof for such items.

"So non" Fade says as reply. Night shifts doesn t answer his question. He more hoped for something mire related to a talent.
    "There is nothing more. You can go to the taverns and look around but as a licensed member you are also a protector of the tavern which means you will assist in fights there." Just see the first post for that. And yes i don t know about any contracts yet.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig shrugs.

"If there's anything I've learned about this world, is that coincidences happen here a lot. I just hope they're good ones and prepare for the bad ones. What is this to make it so much more valuable than gold?"
    [Dipsnig's Office]

Jaahlyn can't quite mask her interest of the stones that Qrit hands over and leans a bit closer and sniffs in the air to take in the smells of the room. One of the advantages of this form.
    The fact that Qrit didn't smell much she took as a good sign. No assassin worth his coin would overlook that detail. She had more than enough experience with wolfen to know that a strong scent could ruin an entire operation.
    Dipsnig of course smelled as she expected him to, but the stones only smelled of the blood from the pouch they were held in. Interesting indeed.
    Dipsnig's Office

As the stones get examined, Qrit pulls out his unwrapped blade, holding it up for the two to see. The entire thing is the same shade of black with a green sheen that practically drips venom. "It is used in our weapons and armor. Blades that cut metal and burn-melt the blood." He insists. "It gets refined and crushed, added to poisons and potions, armor and food and drugs. Very deadly to others, yes-yes, but we subsist off it. It is raw magic, born from chaotic winds. Dangerous to handle unrefined, but that is what lackeys are for."

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. Sounds like a dangerous substance, alright. But that means it's also valuable. Could goblin alchemists make something of it? Dealing with highly volatile substances is an everyday occupation for them.

"Very interesting. If our employer can't pay in those, I can always try to purchase them with a fee paid in currency."

15. - Top - End - #1185

[Dipsnig's Office]

Jaahlyn raises her hand. "Sir, if I may, the contract says that our contractor is willing to negotiate the payment of -standard sum of collecting a magical artifact- to anything of an equal value. I'm not sure it includes those stones but it can't hurt to ask. The nexus is the plane of possibility after all." She eyes Qrit for a moment. "Any idea how much those stones would be worth in coin?"

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Dipsnig's Office

Qrit considers it deeply for a few moments, turning the token in his fingers as he considers the true worth of it. "For us Skaven? You would not be able to buy it off us for a small fortune. Big price, in coin or favor. From others who might only know of some of the applications...modest sum. A handful of true gold for a token, yes-yes. For unrefined Warpstone however..." He shrugs, sweeping his hand a bit. "Small price as it is typically toxic-poison to others. Do not touch without thick gloves, no-no. Might cause mutation, transformation, or sickness. Addictive, intoxicating, hard to part with. "

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Inside Office]

A nervous guy walks into the office.
    He's both short and skinny, although not quite like he's starving. Pale skin, short gold hair, antlers.
    He's dressed in a fancy military-style red jacket, wearing a glove on only his right hand, and has at least three guns and one magic wand visible in various holsters.

"Is this Em-Eee-Arr-Cee, righ? I'm looking to get a license."
    He thinks the idea of reviewed and licensed mercenaries is a little wacky, but if it makes it easier to get jobs...why not?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1188

NinjaGuy

[Electra's Room]

"Hmmm, that sort, eh? What sort of stuff does he have down there?" Electra asks, leaning forwards again, curious again. Knowing what someone like Magtok has stashed away might be useful in the future, if it's anything good.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

[Dipsnig's Office]

Dipsnig shrugs.

"Let's start by asking our client, then. If they can supply those stones..."

[Inside Office]

The nervous applicant is met by a large, but soft-spoken clerk with a bald head and four eyes.

"Of course. We'll just need your contact information before we can issue it."

20. - Top - End - #1190

[Dipsnig's Office]

"There's a number, so I suppose I should simply call or message them. Perhaps sending a photo of these rocks along with the message. That should probably do." She brings up a smart phone from her pocket and after a short pause, giving Qrit time to protest in case he didn't want his stones to be photographed, she will take a few photos and send them.

"Now we wait I suppose." She turns to look at Dipsnig. "But was there anything else, sir? Or are our businesses concluded for now? I'll send you a message once they reply of course."

21. - Top - End - #1191

Default [Inside Office]

Oh, extra eyes. That's new.

"Contact information? What do ya mean? M' name's 'Tao', and uh, I kinda haven't been around here for too long."
    If the clerk wants an address, he's out of luck.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

[Electra's Room]

"There was this one... monkey. Or was it ape?" Olvisin makes an expansive gesture. "Some massive cyborg primate wielding a boomerang. We had to kill it when we delved into an overgrown section of the cave. It used to be some kind of... safari? I don't know. It had been built on a whim, then forgotten."

[Inside Office]

"We need to know how to find you or contact you if it becomes necessary," the clerk explains.

23. - Top - End - #1193

[Inside Office]

"Do you not have, like, a wizard for that?" Tao asks, puzzled. "I guess you could just ask around where my most recent job was..."
    "Well, what do you do for most of the members? That'll probably work."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-04-13 at 03:19 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Shelter]

"She shouldn't have done that." Shanti chimes in, though it seems more out of principle than anything as she hadn't scolded her daughter for what happened. "But her auntie is fine now and was never in any true danger."

Dena raises an eyebrow as she looks at the druid for a moment. "Yeah, family is usually a lot more trouble than snakes." She finally agrees. "But that isn't to say they are only useful dealing with troublesome aunties." A grin. "Snakes that is, but probably family too." She slowly runs her hand through the mass of her own snakes. "They tend to ward off idiots, probably including your auntie, and grab the attention of the right people. You got any friends yet? You seem like the kind of girl who'd get a lot of friends."
    [Seeking Shelter]

"Um, I don't know many people. I never grew up here." The murky border between then and now holds a lot of mysteries, but no friends to speak of. "There's probably some cool people, though. I'll find them." She continues confidently.

[Main Lobby]

[Main Lobby]

Fade doesn t appear concerned at all. Well it is like befor no glimps of any emotion. That might make Hades even more mad since he should understand that even if this place got shut down he never feels regret.

When Hades left Fade just turns to the next camera assuming Kirk looks through it and just shrugs before he heads back to his desk.
    [Message For Dipsnig]

A little while later Dipsnig will receive a message from Kirk.

Looks like we're going to have trouble from some fool at some point. I've attached my notes from Fade's summary of the situation as well as the security footage from the lobby. He calls himself Hades, as pretentious as that is. I'm not inclined to take him too seriously, but if he really becomes a problem with the right intel we could dismantle him entirely. There's no love lost for slavers around these parts after all.

Attached of course are the items Kirk described.

[An Epic Journey]

In the exact place Willa and Corvus departed, the new party of four appears once again. There's no sign of the entity that transported them here, nor the angel that arranged for their journey to begin with. Only Ambrosia may get a sense of their departing presence.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-04-13 at 09:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1195

[Seeking Shelter]

"Bet you will. My point was that the snakes helps with filtering out the cool people from the idiots though. People who can't see past them, well, they're not worth knowing in the first place. Saves you a lot of time. But if you need any help finding cool people, GloG is a good place to start. It got a couple of kids in your age, if you can endure the company of younglings and teenagers of course." Dena grins.

[An Epic Journey]

Astrana is seated in a chair reading. As the four suddenly appear she looks up from her book and then takes a double take as if making sure what she was seeing was real.
    "Eh, you're back. With guests...?" She stands up and puts the book to the side.

Ambrosia brushes off dust from her armor and stands back to let the others introduce her.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Journey]

Willa groans as she gets up. She's not a big fan of teleporters. At last she can start taking off the last of the extra clothes they wore to cross that desert without dying of sunburn and heatstroke.
    "Hello, Astrana. This is Ambrosia and Thariza. They're here to negotiate with Miss Xifhara about the item she wanted. I don't suppose you folks have a centaur-sized shower? We had quite the trip." She doesn't particularly want to have to negotiate with Dena in this state, even if she's sure a hardened merc like her would be that bothered by someone in her state. Still, it was quite a trip. She just hopes she won't have to deal with Libra being annoyed at how long it took.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside Office]

"Your current or most recent residence will do. Or someone who knows where to find you," the clerk says.

[An Epic Journey]

Thariza lands on all fours in Astrana's office, hand still holding her bow. She shakes in a very cat-like way, both to get rid of dust and confusion.

"Uh... yeah. Hi. Where are we, exactly?"

[Message For Dipsnig]

Dipsnig receives Kirk's message but isn't too concerned. It's not the first time someone tried to smear them in the media. They'll just have to be ready with damage control and counter-action against this guy.

28. - Top - End - #1198

Default [Inside Office]

"Oh, okay, okay, I've been at-" Tao gives the address of a building in downtown Inside; that was probably the last fixed place he stayed. Surely someone there even remembers him.
    Now, he didn't live in the building, per se, but on the roof. Not sure anyone lives there.

Places of residence? People who can find them? These other MERCenaries must lead rather different lives.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-04-14 at 02:53 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Shelter]

"I think mom mentioned it before?" Natharia glances at her mom over her shoulder. "I might go there sometime." The topic is pretty boring, though. She's never even been there. There's way more interesting things to discuss with another gorgon. "Hey, our eyes can't hurt each other, right?"

30. - Top - End - #1200

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Journey]

Corvus manages to land on his feet, his anima still burning about him. Astrana's office is probably now covered in dew thanks to its effect, but the massive weretiger simply looks around for a second, straightens up, then moves to help Willa back to her feet, before giving Astrana a nod.

"Hello, Miss Astrana. It's been an interesting day," he says, amusement evident in his voice, aggressively changed as it is in his warform. "Please forgive my appearance and the disruption to your office. We were transported right at the end of a battle, and I am low on magical power right now, so it may be a few hours before I am able to shift back."

[Electra's Room]

Electra eyes Olvisin for a moment with a startled expression, then bursts out laughing. After a few moments, she subsides, holding her side with one hand and rocking back and forth.

"Really? Really, truly?"
    She says incredulously, shaking her head, barely containing more giggles. "Wow. Just, wow. I can only imagine what else he has lurking down there, then." She's doing her best not to imagine it, lest she wind up on the floor. "Maybe I should have volunteered for that job."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2020-04-15 at 05:13 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?