New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Astrana's Office]

Astrana's eyebrows raise. Maybe she had the wrong impression of Cass after all? "That's brilliant. Perfect, even. I'd be delighted to work with you on a project like that." She gestures towards the mage. "Perhaps you could even explain some of the theory behind it? Since I imagine it's still quite an undertaking just getting the right materials." Cass made it all sound so easy though.
    [Astrana's Office]

"A little..." says Cass, suddenly hesitant. "The materials need to be able to be attuned to receive and retain the spirit bound to them. I had more success with inert materials than I ever did with creating a living homunculus... all my living tissue constructs ended up degrading quickly because they couldn't contain the spirit within. Unpleasant, until I found another mage who was able to refine my process. With certain metals or dead matter it was much easier, if the spirit is willing to tolerate existing in such a form."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Workshop]

Olvisin's ears perk up.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I mean, I work well with my siblings, but sometimes we need to get away from each other. If we spend too much time stuck together, chaos starts reigning."
    [Workshop]

"I look forward to it, then, Olvi. We could even start now, by going shooting on the range... wait, one sec." Chidi pauses to check his messages, having felt the beads vibrate. His smile changes to a look of worry and confusion as he reads the latest text from Mirai. "Eewo! Chai..." He closes the holographic window and watches Olvisin work in silence, suddenly lost in thought.

"No big deal, Mirai's good enough too. He's been working with, and learning from, Svetka. I mean, Dr. Tanaka." He suddenly says, rubbing his temples. He's not going to trust someone who's undergone a psychotic break to perform surgery.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

[Workshop]

Olvisin's ears flick back and forth. This sure sounded like...

"Did something happen to Dr. Tanaka?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Astrana's Office]

"A little..." says Cass, suddenly hesitant. "The materials need to be able to be attuned to receive and retain the spirit bound to them. I had more success with inert materials than I ever did with creating a living homunculus... all my living tissue constructs ended up degrading quickly because they couldn't contain the spirit within. Unpleasant, until I found another mage who was able to refine my process. With certain metals or dead matter it was much easier, if the spirit is willing to tolerate existing in such a form."
    [Astrana's Office]

Astrana nods in agreement. "I've had similar experiences myself. Finding the right vessel is usually the most difficult part of such a ritual. Though at least in this case you will be able to work directly with the spirit you're making the vessel for. I mean, beings which are often defined by their sexual appeal such as sinccubi usually have rather high standards for what their vessel should look like. So if you need any of my help I'd be happy to oblige. It would be something new for me to learn."

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Workshop]

Olvisin's ears flick back and forth. This sure sounded like...

"Did something happen to Dr. Tanaka?"
    [Workshop]

Chidi rubs his temples, and quickly replies Olvisin when she expresses concern. "Nothing you need to worry about, Olvi..." He trails off and stares at the goblin. Not with the 'man, this goblin is quite cute' looks he's been giving her when he thinks she's not looking.

She's friendly, and this isn't a classified situation.

With a sigh, he continues. "Phew... Yes, something happened to her. I'm not sure how much I'm at liberty to say, but suffice to say that no matter just how good she is with surgery..." He stares at the goblin some more.

"She's going through some issues of her own. I like you already, Olvi. Usually I'd already be trying to hit on you, you are a pretty gobin... but I like you as a person. She could probably still do it, but..." He shakes his head. "Mirai's a better bet, just in case. If you have anyone else willing to get cyberware, Mirai's your man. A prodigy, learnt everything from his uncle, went to an online university... I trust him. Dr. Tanaka's been teaching him, though watching them both, it's more like they're teaching each other... working together."

He rubs his head. "Just... I can trust Mirai to get the job done, okay?" All of a sudden, he makes a suggestion. "Wanna go to the shooting range after this?"

It took a while for Svetlana to warm up to him, but they grew quite close, albeit being rather distant. There's a woman who would be perfect for him if she didn't have so much baggage.
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

[Workshop]

It sounds like Chidi has some history with those people. And Dr. Tanaka's situation sounds like no business of hers. If Chidi vouches for Mirai, she'll accept that. She grins toothily.

"If Mirai is as good as you say, he might get a lot of business from my siblings, too. They want to get cybered up like I do. And I respect a man who doesn't mind a woman being a lot shorter and more toothy than he is." Her grin gets slightly wider. She does have some long and sharp teeth there. "I think we're almost done with this tube, so we can go and shoot stuff in a bit."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Pixie in the Playground

[Workshop]

Chidi manages a smile, looking unsurprised. Based on what she's revealed about her and her siblings, it makes a lot of sense that they'd want cybernetics. Especially after Olvisin gets to show off hers... they'd probably be so jealous!

He smiles more genuinely when she mentions her height and toothiness. "I don't mind it at all, Olvi. I thought I would, until I came here. Y'know, Mirai's wife is a tiefling? She has a tail and sharp teeth, and it hasn't hampered their relationship or love any."

He grins, displaying perfectly normal teeth. Sure, Olvisin does have some sharp teeth, and he has a fleeting thought wondering what kissing such a person would be like. "I think you're attractive, and fun to be with, plus I found your reaction to getting cybered up rather cute."
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

[Workshop]

Olvisin snorts, but it sounds good-humoured.

"Cute, you say? You get that a lot when you're my height. Why don't we head to the shooting range like you suggested and then see where it goes?"

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Pixie in the Playground

[Workshop]

"Oh no, it has nothing to do with your height... well, not much, I admit." Chidi says, adding the last part after stopping to give her another once-over. "Let's go. After you, Olvi." He gestures in a gentlemanly manner for her to lead the way.
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground