New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

[Meeting with Dena]

"Alright, I'll bite. For your two first questions, I'm not from the nexus and I got janked here while traveling through a sandstorm. As for your third one Dipsnig 'the boss' founded it and you would have to ask him for details. I know it was called NO for a long time but... yeah, that's it. Nothing particularly exciting I'm afraid." Dena shrugs. "You got any follow-up questions or do you like me to ask you some?"

[Dena's Office]

Dena smiles. "Great, just do it while holding the weapon and we got a deal." Dena gets up and holds out her axe towards Thariza.

The charr's scholarly companion nods in agreement. "Seems fair to me, I will swear the oath as well."

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

"I suppose I should meet the big boss at some point, maybe I'll ask him then. Do you come from an Earth, or somewhere else... hmm, if yes, are there different types of gorgons? The ones I know of don't have legs." Chidi asks, and then afterwards lets her ask any questions of her own. "You can ask me some."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

Thariza takes the axe into her clawed hand.

"I swear not to reveal the smithing techniques you are about to teach me to anyone," she says. "I will help make sure they stay secret."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1264

[Meeting with Dena]

Dena can't help but to smile at that comment. "He's not a very 'big' boss, being a goblin and all, but a boss nonetheless." Goblins were common enough in the nexus that she assumed Chidi had already picked up on them.
    His next question makes her shrug though. "How would I know? My people called it 'mezdro' which means 'in-between' or 'center'. But the mountain tribes up north called it 'min-e', as in 'a mine'. Then the humans of it had a whole bunch of different names for it but I can't recall any of them right now. Point is that it could be an 'earth' and I wouldn't even know. It isn't the first time I've come across the name here through so maybe all our worlds are earth's, just that some are more radically different than others. They all seem rather similar to one another after all from what I can tell." The gorgon shrugs again.
    "Anyway, obviously there's different types of gorgons. That's kind of the nexus thing. Bringing a whole bunch of different versions of the same creatures. I can't really speak for any of them though as I haven't met all that many. Unless you mean from my world? In which case I don't know. In both cases they must be pretty rare." She meets his gaze underneath her sunglasses. "As for my question... what's your goal here at MERC? Is it just another job or are you more serious about it?"

[Dena's Office]

Once Thariza is done Ambrosia will take the axe and make the same oath. "I swear on this weapon that I won't reveal your secret technique to anyone."

Seemingly satisfied with this, Dena takes back her cleaver and holsters it in her belt. "Great, with that done we're going to retreat back into my workshop. If you will just give me one moment." She walks past them up to the door of her office and locks it before sauntering over to the other one. Presumably leading to her workshop.

Using not one but two keys to unlock this door, she suddenly stops as soon as the second lock clicks open. "Just one thing before we go inside." The gorgon remarks while turning to them. "This form of crafting has its price just so that you're aware. You know the saying how some people pour themselves into their work? This is a bit more literal than that. Though outsiders often misunderstand how it works. It's not some kind of sacrifice, you're not giving up a part of yourself. You're, ah, spreading yourself. That's the best way I can describe it. The things you make become a part of you, but you also become a part of them if that makes sense."

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

"Ah, a goblin? I've met those." Indeed, goblins and elves seem as common as humans from what he's seen so far. He listens to the rest of her response, nodding in agreement when she concludes everyone comes from some version of 'earth'. "Yes, or a world that is modeled after an earth."

He nods to indicate he did mean 'gorgons in her world', a bit puzzled by her response. "Wait, you don't know? But you're a gorgon, you'd know about other gorgons... or did you grow up among non-gorgons?" Which just raises more questions, like how did she manage not to turn everyone into stone?

He's asked a question, and a good one at that! He suddenly gets a lot more serious as he answers his question. "More serious, it's the only job I have here in the Nexus. I have a particular set of skills that will be useful in an organization such as this, where I get to pick my missions and help people out for monetary gain, although that is because I need to eat, after all. And... my mother raised me in poverty all by her lonesome, and though she's now a successful trader, I still feel compelled to help her out with a portion of my salary. While I can - and do - return to my world anytime I want, I do like it here, might as well make a living and a difference while here."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-05-26 at 06:50 PM.
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Seeking Shelter]

Dena knew it would take more than a glance to petrify and her research had revealed it was uncommon of gorgons to not have petrification immunity. Those who weren't were often not even immune to their own gaze and didn't tend to live for very long. Still she quickly looks away and does a quick scan of her body.
    Yep, she could still move everything.
    "So how do you feel about the whole hair-snakes-and-glasses thing? Lame, cool or indifferent?" Dena inquires with a gestures at Natharia's 'hair'.
    [Seeking Shelter]

Natharia holds the mask over her head and tries to navigate her snakes into the holes. It's... challenging. The coordination is hard, and some of her snakes seem reluctant to cooperate. "Um..." She starts to reply as she struggles. "I dunno I guess. It's always been like this. I like sunglasses better than the blindfold, though. That was annoying."

7. - Top - End - #1267

[Seeking Shelter]

"You want help with that?" Dena inquires.

But before she has a chance to Shanti is by her daughters side. "Let me help you, dear." She really didn't want Natharia to get hurt in that awful helmet. Without fear she will put start to gently guide the snakes into place with her hands so that Natharia could get this blasted thing on.

Dena can't help but to smile as Shanti seems to fuss over each individual snake to make them go into the right right place. But it was best to not let Natharia notice. "So true. Anything's better than the folds. Looking through the snakes eyes is just so strange. You can't really see colors the same way. You ever noticed that? It's like everything is washed out."

[Meeting with Dena]

"You asked about 'different types', using the legless ones as an example." Dena points out. "And as far as I know, I'm the only 'type' of gorgon that exists back in my world." She leaves the rest unsaid as she starts addressing his answer instead.
    She gestures at Chidi. "But you just said that your mother raised you all by her own? Guess we're in the same club then." She smiles but then shakes her head. "But I dunno about difference making though. I mean, we are making a difference but we don't always get to choose what difference we make no matter how picky we get about jobs. While MERC have it's own principles regarding what jobs we accept or don't we can never have too strict standards. That's just bad for business and when your business is enforcing stuff with force you're going to have to make some questionable decisions." She leans back in the couch, looking rather casual despite the heavy subject matter.

"Not even the most in-depth job summaries can really tell you exactly if you're going to be the good or the bad guy at the end of it. You're just have to accept that you're not always going to come out of it with your hands clean if you know what I'm saying? Accidents happen and people die, no way to get away from that even with the noblest of intentions." She looks up at the ceiling for a moment, letting him take in everything she said.
    Then the gorgon turns to him again. "But that's just my own experience. You're a veteran too, I bet you got your own view of things."

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

Chidi thinks about it and nods. He smiles again when she mentions that commonality between them. "Ah, so you're a kindred spirit, and in more ways than one, too. That's awesome." To see how far that goes, he asks another question. "Is it all gorgons in your world or are there different races? Where I'm from, there's only one sapient species."

He sighs as he listens to her speak, nodding rather solemnly once she's done. "Yeah, I know all too well, doesn't mean I won't still try though. For instance, I prefer to go non-lethal, but even I recognize that there are times where that isn't an option. At the end, what matters is following orders and getting the job done within acceptable mission parameters." He pauses looking past her rather than at her. "That said, I still try my best to minimize unnecessary accidents and casualties. Of course, without disobeying orders for no good reason." He's looking at her again.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

"It doesn't, really," Thariza admits with brutal honesty. "But I imagine we'll see it soon enough and practical demonstrations have always worked better for me. I understand it's more serious than most crafting, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1270

[Dena's Office]

Dena internally sigh. She shouldn't really be expecting anyone to already get it but it always felt like such a bother to explain something that felt so obvious to her. "Right. The thing is that you can't really see it which is why it's so hard for others to understand. I couldn't just show you and it'd be obvious. It's very subtle."

Opening the door she reveals that it's part workshop but part blacksmith as a large forge slumbers within along with many of the tools Thariza would recognize from her own smithy.

Thariza being used to military conduct (as much as the word "military" means anything in charr society at least) might be be pleased to see that this station is well taken care of.
    Everything is in order, either tucked into either boxes which themselves are stacked up upon one another or on shelves. The boxes even have little side doors on them which allows easy access to their contents.

There's also a large a black chest at the opposite end of the forge which looks sturdy enough to contain some rather valuable and/or dangerous items.

"Just place the wood on the anvil there." Dena says with a gesture as she's getting an apron hanging from an holder. "Now, I'm going to need to get changed before we get into the good parts, and you probably need to eat something after all that wandering." A beat. "And we all probably need showers. So why don't you two go to the common room to get yourself a meal then a a shower in our communal barracks before we meet up in my office again? I can try to explain more in detail how this works once you get back."

[Meeting with Dena]

"I'm the only gorgon I've seen in my world." Dena shrugs, acting rather dismissive about that whole subject. "But that's fine and all. I don't usually hold myself to your kind of standard but then again, I don't take many jobs these days. I mainly handle the paperwork of those who do." She waves her hand dismissively. "That and a bunch of official duties. Things have to get pretty serious for me to intervene."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-05-30 at 05:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Titan in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

Thariza does make a note of the place being well-organized. Seems Dena knows what she's doing, which is promising. She's certainly different than the horse-riding ruffians they met earlier.

"Something to eat and a shower would be welcome," she admits as she places the wood on the anvil. "So yeah, we'll go do that while you get everything ready."

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

Chidi is shocked once he realizes what she just said. A little disappointed, too, he was curious about gorgon society. "Eh?!" Then he thinks back to the beginning of their meeting and her reaction to Nexus changes, the things gone unsaid in her responses; and starts to connect the dots. "You weren't born a gorgon, were you? You changed in the Nexus." He says in shocked realization. "That explains your reaction. I was curious about gorgons, now I have even more questions." Like, how does it feel being changed?

As to the second topic, Chidi shrugs. "Hey, boss, you do you. I don't expect you to conform to my standards. Also, administrative work requires more paperwork, it do be like that. I don't hope that things get too serious, but I hope I get to see you in action, someday." He smiles. "Do you have powers... besides the gorgon stuff? I'm still curious about the gorgon stuff, y'know."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-05-30 at 12:06 PM.
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Shelter]

"You want help with that?" Dena inquires.

But before she has a chance to Shanti is by her daughters side. "Let me help you, dear." She really didn't want Natharia to get hurt in that awful helmet. Without fear she will put start to gently guide the snakes into place with her hands so that Natharia could get this blasted thing on.

Dena can't help but to smile as Shanti seems to fuss over each individual snake to make them go into the right right place. But it was best to not let Natharia notice. "So true. Anything's better than the folds. Looking through the snakes eyes is just so strange. You can't really see colors the same way. You ever noticed that? It's like everything is washed out."
    [Seeking Shelter]

It takes a bit of finagling to actually get the helmet in place, but eventually the snakes navigate all the holes and it closes. "I don't think it fits really well." Natharia says with a laugh. Not that it was surprising. She touches the outside of the mask and runs her finger around the edge of one empty hole.

"Oh, yeah. It's like, snake eyes are pretty different from regular eyes. You can see behind you too, though, right?" Kinda. It's a bit hard to put to words the dim visual awareness she has in every direction.

14. - Top - End - #1274

[Seeking Shelter]

Dena nods. "Yeah, if you can call it that." Natharia already knew what she probably couldn't fully explain to anyone else however so she let that common understanding pass silently between them.
    "What about smell though? Ever tried to 'smell' with your tongue before? I figure that we should be able to 'feel' movement like that, even in total darkness." She suspected people thought it looked creepy though.

"But as I said. That helmet looks cool." A beat. "Though you should probably take it off now, you're snakes are going to get squeezed."
    Shanti seems relieved once removing the helmet is brought up. Natharia was going to get hurt wearing that awful thing.

[Meeting with Dena]

Dena's expression becomes neutral as Chidi brings up his suddenly realization. "No. I'm quite mundane by nexus standards." She curtly answers his power question with a dismissive gesture. "I'm keeping up in other ways. Honestly, in the nexus it's easy to keep up with blessed like you if you got enough cash. With enough time and cash you could probably take down just about anyone without any powers whatsoever."

[Dena's Office]

"I suppose." Ambrosia remarks, her thoughts seemingly elsewhere at the moment.
    "Great, see you say an hour or so then. Just walk to the right once you get out of my office and you'll eventually see a sign that leads you to the common room. Just ask anyone there where the showers are and they'll show you. Just keep in mind it isn't free."
    And presumably she and Thariza leaves.
    "So what was your impression of your future 'teacher'?" The scholar inquires as the two walk down the corridor.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-05-30 at 04:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

Chidi gets the sense that she doesn't want to talk about it, and finally backs off. Too bad, though, his curiosity needs sating. Perhaps at some point in the future, she'll be willing to discuss it. So, he just looks at her and nods. "... Okay, then. I get it, you don't want to talk about it. Moving on..."

"Oh?" He's now quite intrigued. "What would you recommend, then? Because if there's something I've learnt, there's always someone better. Any edge I can get over the opposition would be appreciated, boss."
    Love is the message.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

Thariza's tail swishes as she thinks about it. What does she think about Dena?

"She deals well with being surprised. Her deal was with Corvus and Willa, but when we came out of the blue, she rolled with it and turned it into a new deal. She talks about those... alvar... like she's one of them, but they didn't have snakes for hair. Must be a reason for that. And I think she's more dangerous than she looks."

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Shelter]

"Uh, yeah, of course." Unlike the question of vision, where the contrast gets highlighted, some senses are just entirely commonplace to her. Of course, she's been this way her whole life.

"My snakes aren't getting squeezed." She insists, but it's pretty uncomfortable on her head, so she'll agree to pulling it off. That process is much easier than putting it on was.

"Is your dad a big snake, too?" She asks out of the blue, perhaps not giving Dena quite the right impression. But there's gotta be something related about them, right? Are they snake cousins?

18. - Top - End - #1278

[Seeking Shelter]

That was a question Dena hadn't expected. She turns to Shanti briefly, looking for context.

"A spirit. Her father is a spirit. It's a bit difficult to explain." The druid smiles as if this wasn't particularly strange.

Giant snake- wait, could that be the snake god she was talking about? The same one that had...
    No, she shouldn't make assumptions. Not yet. More information was needed.

So seemingly satisfied with this explanation, Dena turns back to Natharia. "Afraid not. Since that would have made us siblings, wouldn't it?" A beat. "If it was the same snake-spirit that is. But while I never knew my father I'm pretty sure he wasn't a giant snake. It was just me and my mom. Kinda like with you." Assuming the giant snake was around here somewhere but Dena was pretty sure she would have felt its presence or something. She did of course have wards, something would have triggered.

[Dena's Office]

Ambrosia smiles. "'More dangerous than she looks' is a unique way of describing someone with snakes for hair. I do believe that species was even poisonous. Still your statement was quite insightful and I'm going to give you a clue as to why. Why do you think she was wearing those eye-glasses? I believe their purpose is to protect against the sun yet the light was never particularly bright in there was it? Nor did the alvar she considered people wear anything like that. So what do you think might be the reason she wears them, Thariza?" She gives the charr a curious look, wanting to see her process.

[Meeting with Dena]

"It's alright, don't feel like you have to walk around eggshells around me, soldier. Just speak your mind." Dena remarks with a dismissive gesture.
    "But yes, you're quite correct. There's always someone better and in MERC that's more true than in most other organizations here in the nexus. While GloG mostly is inhabited by parents and children these days did you know they also have members that could kill you before you can even blink? There's people like that in all the other orgs, but they just don't do much these days besides paperwork. MERC don't have that kind of members anymore."

A beat and then Dena shrugs. "Actually, that's debatable but the point I'm trying to make is that members of the other organizations, heck, threats to the nexus in general, tend to be more powerful than us. VIGIL is equipped to deal with apocalypses while we get paid to deal with purse snatchers. So we gotta be smart and pick our fights and cut our losses if it comes down to it. We're not in the nexus to fight, we're here to make a profit and we can't do that if we're dead so that needs to be the priority above all else. Therefore, we just gotta accept that the enemy can't always be beaten and make sure that we have a way to pull out. The nexus is far too unpredictable for any other way of seeing things."

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Titan in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

Thariza shrugs.

"I've seen scarier than snake-hair. She'd have to get up close for them to bite. And unless they can bite through armor... then again, they just might, for all I know." She has seen fair weirder today. "As for her eyes... maybe her eyes are sensitive to light? But then she'd just meet us in a darker place. So maybe something bad would happen if we saw them. To her, or to us. But probably to us."

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

"No, nothing of the sort, boss. I would like to inquire more about it, but the smile dropped from your face the moment I mentioned my realization. It's clearly a sensitive topic for you, so I dropped it." Chidi responds with his explanation.

Wow, absurdly powerful people in the other orgs? In GLoG?! Well, this is the Nexus, an unpredictable place, so that figures, he guesses. He nods at her words of wisdom, pondering them. "That's a wise way of looking at things. Picking battles, knowing when to fold 'em..." He nods in agreement. "Thanks, boss."

"So, boss... what do you do for fun, if you don't mind my asking?" He asks, leaning back in his chair.
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Shelter]

"Oh, huh." If Dena's dad wasn't a snake, how'd she get a head full of snakes? As far as Natharia knows, that's how it works. "How do you have snakes, then? I was born like this." Natharia comes out with the question. She's not sure if it's rude or not to ask, but she wants to know.

22. - Top - End - #1282

[Seeking Shelter]

Not the questions Dena wanted to be asked but she had figured this subject might get raised so she had a answer prepared. "I went exploring this old temple many years ago and without knowing it the god of the temple had decided to 'bless' me. So I'm not really a born gorgon like you I'm afraid. In fact, I think of the two of us you're probably the senior gorgon so I guess I need to bow down to you." She smiles faintly. "I mean, you're making me feel like a child and most people tend to have to look up at me. Quite an impressive height for a 'little' lady."

Shanti raises an eyebrow when Dena explains her origin but refrains from commenting.

[Meeting with Dena]

Dena raises an eyebrow. "For fun? I have my fair share of hobbies to entertain myself with. Crafting, dancing, gambling... hanging. Kinda how we're hanging out here right now." She quickly glances at her watch before continuing. Whatver it's showing she seems to relax again. "What about you?"

[Dena's Office==> Common Room]

Ambrosia nods and puts her hands together in a single clap. "It could be a few more mundane possibilities, but good guess, Thariza. I've never seen a gorgon face to face before, but I've read about them. Supposedly, their gaze can near instantly turn living material into unliving material, a process known as petrification. They can't control this gaze however, but it looks like Dena have found ways to work around that. Still, as you said, more dangerous than she looks."

As they reach the common room Ambrosia sits down by table rather than getting something to eat. It appears she have more to discuss. "But what did you think of this smithing she was trying to explain to you? Was anything she said difficult to understand? It was the first time I had heard about it myself actually. It's a commonly accepted that their smithing methods are simply superstitions but considering we've risked our lives for this, you would hope there's more to it. So what's your impression of it so far?"

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

"So, basically anything that ends with -ing." Chidi jokes with a grin. "What kind of crafts, though?" Speaking of what he does for fun... "Mine are: dancing, playing the harmonica, working out, playing the occasional video game, going to bars to have a drink and find some company." He shrugs.

"I'm a pretty good dancer, but I could always stand to learn new moves. Perhaps you could show me some, boss?" He asks, looking at the beads on his wrist for the time.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Shelter]

Natharia considers that for a moment. It doesn't sound quite right either. Her time before the Nexus feels like a dream in some ways. To sum up her thoughts she simply shrugs. "Can I see your eyes?" She asks all of a sudden. She never put her own sunglasses back on. The concerns she normally has to have about these things just don't exist here.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-06-06 at 06:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1285

[Seeking Shelter]

Hm, something didn't seem quite right. Or it was just the dismissive attitude of a near teenager. Either one.
    She had expected the next question however and once more looks to Shanti. "Think that's going to be okay?"

"Of course, both she and I should be immune. Go ahead." She sounded utterly confident in this.
    So confident that Dena suspected she might know more about this, as in her curse, than she had realized. All the dots were connecting in her head. Were these two connected to the same god that had cursed her? It seemed all the more likely at this point even if it was still possible it was all an coincidence.

But either way she closes her eyes and puts away her glasses. Then she slowly opens them while looking down at Natharia, just in case.

[Meeting with Dena]

"Metal crafts, it's quite popular where I'm from." Dena replies. "But dancing is a bit more than just a hobby to me. While I've worked here a while and did adventuring before that, I've danced professionally for far longer. It's a whole style which it's difficult to just teach the individual moves of. Besides, I'd have to charge you if you want me to teach you anything. I'm at that level." She grins, her fangs at full display.

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

[Common Room]

"You mean... for good, or just temporarily? Either way... burn me." Thariza seems to find the idea unnerving. "As for her smithing, I'm not sure. She said you need to invest something personal in it. Many crafters, artists and engineers say this kind of thing. I feel like it might be more literal here. But she knows what she's doing, so I'll just wait for a demonstration and trust there's something to it."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-06-08 at 05:09 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

"Wha-" Chidi stops himself from asking what she was before she became a gorgon. At least, asking 'what culture was that' would probably mean the same thing, he thinks. "I mean... metal crafts, how nice! I work with metals, myself. For weapons, of course, I was trained as a Weapons Sergeant." He grins as well, his slightly iridiscent teeth on display. "Oo, how exciting! There has to be some way I could pay without money... like a mission, or anything you want me to do for you... or teaching you something in return." Like the harmonica!
    Love is the message.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Seeking Shelter]

Hm, something didn't seem quite right. Or it was just the dismissive attitude of a near teenager. Either one.
    She had expected the next question however and once more looks to Shanti. "Think that's going to be okay?"

"Of course, both she and I should be immune. Go ahead." She sounded utterly confident in this.
    So confident that Dena suspected she might know more about this, as in her curse, than she had realized. All the dots were connecting in her head. Were these two connected to the same god that had cursed her? It seemed all the more likely at this point even if it was still possible it was all an coincidence.

But either way she closes her eyes and puts away her glasses. Then she slowly opens them while looking down at Natharia, just in case.
    [Seeking Shelter]

"Huh, there's a lot different than mine." Natharia notes. Her glowing green eyes are certainly different than Dena's red and yellow. She looks back at her mom. "I guess I get that from you." She grins.

29. - Top - End - #1289

[Seeking Shelter]

Shanti smiles at her daughter. "I'd like to think that the majority of you is from me, sweetie."

Dena looks between them. Hadn't she said that the father was a giant snake spirit? Which would mean... that this was getting weird.
    Then again, spirits could probably look whatever they liked and they didn't always need to create life the usual way either. With that mind it at least made it all feel less strange.

It was still best to change the subject though. "I just came to think of something, Natharia. I don't know what your interests are but would you be interested in learning to dance? Since I'm running a little class of sort once each week. I'd have to talk to the mother of the only other student first but if she's willing you could join if you want."

Shanti doesn't seem to immediately object at least. More interested in seeing her daugther's reaction to the proposal.

[Common Room]

Ambrosia nods thoughtfully. "So you're keeping an open mind rather than letting preconceptions color your objectivity since you recognize some of the ideas from your own experience. It's a wise approach. While it's easy to say to always keep an open mind, in reality we can't often stray too far from our own experiences without having to do a lot of soul-searching." Her gaze moves away from Thariza as she starts to scan the common room around them. "But speaking of experiences... what are your feelings towards the place we're in? As that round of bargain taught us, nothing here is free. Your future teacher is the leader of people who employ violence not in the service of their own people, leader or nation, but since they're being paid to do so. That's not really your style, is it?"

[Meeting with Dena]

Dena smiles but shakes her head. "I'm afraid I'm not much of a quest giver, and I'm already having a class for a younger kid that wants to learn. You'd have to be pretty creative if you want to learn without paying me." She glances at her watch once more. Okay, a little more time...
    "Besides, it's not a very popular style among men. To watch, sure, but not to learn themselves if you know what I mean. Not in my experience at least." Dena takes a final sip of coffee, emptying her mug.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Pixie in the Playground

[Meeting with Dena]

Chidi's eyes widen as he puzzles out what she means. "Wait, you mean belly-dancing? Interesting..." That's something he'd like to see, and he doesn't do a good enough job of hiding it. He respects his boss too much to say it out loud, however.

What was that she said, though? Only his boss at work? Maybe once they're outside work, he'll ask. Whenever that may be.

His train of thought is interrupted by his stomach rumbling, reminding him that his stomach is currently empty. "I should get myself some coffee. This was fun, boss, I hope we can do this again sometime." He says. He'll leave to get coffee and afterwards head to the Training Room to train, if not stopped.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-06-10 at 01:15 PM.
    Love is the message.