New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVIII: Affordable Misdeeds and Friendly Canines

Main Room

Standing six-foot-five (about two-hundred centimeters) is a very large woman. Curvy as well as muscular, she carries herself like a fighter. Her hands and feet, though mostly bare, are wrapped the same way a martial artist might have them. She wears a set of clothes taken from Cassidy - cargo pants, a gray tanktop, and a jacket - and due to the size difference between the women, Charity's body (particularly her figure) is making the clothing strain somewhat.

She's also clearly not human. Her body is covered in fine black scales, like that of a snake, and running down her back and arms are stripes of glowing, pale green skin. Glowing amber eyes look out at the world from under a large, white, bony crest, and, almost at odds with the color scheme of the rest of her body, blond hair cascades out from behind her crest, down to her shoulders.

"So how do we go about this?" Charity asks, her voice carrying an odd resonance with it.
    Last edited by Halae; 2018-06-19 at 05:23 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Long time no see, Cassidy," says a voice as the thoroughly unimposing figure of MERC's chief executive walks into the room. "Who is it you've brought us?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room

"If we're lucky, we'll cone across one of the lieutenants, or maybe even --" Cassidy looks around to Dipsnig. She had to figure out where his timing sense came from.

"Been underground, boss. Good to see you again." She gestures to indicate Charity. "This is Charity; she's new to the Nexus. I was looking to see about getting her a license."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

"No need for specifics, the poison can be kept in any poison jar, though I wouldn't advise touching it without some form of protection." Dena replies. "As for the price, well, the most simplest thing would be money of course. But the price would be pretty high. Perhaps a trade would be better? Do you have anything that mercenaries could have use of?"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Room]

To her credit, Charity only hesitates briefly before nodding her head respectfully to the goblin in front of her, "I'm used to fighting; I figured if I can make money off it, there's no reason not to."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Room - Charity, Cassidy and Dipsnig]

Dipsnig's ears flick.

"A license is easy, I just have to put her information into our database." He taps the bracer on his arm, pulling up a holographic spreadsheet. "Name and contact information, to start with."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #217

Main Room - Charity, Cassidy, and Dipsnig

"I figured it still was. It'll be a good start while you get used to the drek the Nexus will throw at you," Cassidy says to Charity. "Once you've got some jobs under your belt, we can see about a full membership, right, boss?"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Chairty goes, "Mmm," in a sort of grunting agreement, "Charity, Child of Szaemel. I just got to the Nexus though, so I don't really have contact information yet."

Charity, for her part, has enough tact to not kneel down to Dipsnig. He's not even half her height, but doing that would just be disrespectful.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

"Name's Dipsnig Razortooth, the CEO here," Dipsnig says. "Though I suppose Cassidy told you that. We get plenty of Nexus newcomers here, so all we need for now is a reliable way to contact you."

10. - Top - End - #220

"I can grab you a commlink, if you don't have a phone or something like that. Unless you've got magic for that too? Never got how wizards do that stuff." Cassidy shrugs. "Your pick, really."

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can't externalize my power without spilling blood; no spellcasting for me. If you've got a spare commlink, though, I'd appreciate that. Once I have some money, I can pick up a phone," Charity says.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig taps the holograph a few times, his ears lowering.

"Since there's a member vouching for you, I'll accept that. A license entitles you to discounts in Erin's Emporium and Azik's Enchantments, both adventurers' stores, and three taverns - Trog's Tavern, Black Dragon's Den and Bloodsong's Oasis. We'll also intervene if an employer is treating you unfairly. The price is a percentage of your profits."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-06-20 at 01:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

"Bloodsong- that's a new one. I've been hiding out a while." Cassidy shrugs. "Maybe I'll check that out sometime. And hey, if anyone gives you crap, you let me know and I'll kick their ass." Not the most reassuring thing from someone Charity's already beaten, but hey, she's trying.

14. - Top - End - #224

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

Corvus considers for a moment.

"I'm not entirely sure I have anything you can use, unless you happen to be a Chosen of Luna. I could, perhaps, craft something for you, though. Honestly, I've no idea what mercenaries here might make use of; where I'm from, a stout sword or a good bow is usually enough to put food on the table for the soldier-for-hire. If you give me a rough idea of what you might find useful, though, I could either see about making it myself, or see about acquiring it."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #225

[Main Room]

He can almost hear her amusement. "Food on the table? Please, this is a company, we aim a bit higher than that. We want only the stoutiest of swords. But in my case, armors. I'm asking if you can craft a magical one. I need one that is protective, yet stealthy. Preferably something that can block other magical effects."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-06-23 at 01:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sounds reasonable to me," The half-demon says, "Assuming it's not a massive cut. How do I go about picking up contracts?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

"The fee is very reasonable, I assure you," Dipsnig says. "You can look at the job offerings in any of our offices or seek work on your own, as long as it's not from slavers."

18. - Top - End - #228

"Let me know when you find some of those jobs, I might have to steal one for beer money." Cass moves to lightly punch Charity's arm.

19. - Top - End - #229

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

"Unfortunately, a sorcerer I am not; I never had an interest in that kind of lore. However, I'm good at finding things, so while I might not be able to make it myself, we can certainly try to track something of that nature down for you and bring it back," Corvus says thoughtfully. "Are there any more specifics than those you've mentioned that you might find especially valuable?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

20. - Top - End - #230

[Main Room]

There is a brief pause on the other line. "There is living wood. But I'm not sure it exists in the nexus, nor am I sure I can give you a good description of it. Its essentially tree infused with the soul of an ancestor, sometimes more. It's not something you can just grab though, even if you find it, and it would like be protected. So just how good are you at finding things?"

21. - Top - End - #231

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

Corvus chuckles.

"I am persistent, and an excellent tracker. I once found a crypt filled with treasure simply by the smell of the dust within." A bit of an exaggeration, but not by much. It wasn't the dust so much as the undead another Exalt had brought as guards while they raided the tomb, but Dena doesn't need to know that. "I used to have a number of contacts that could help with such things as this; but I lost nearly all of them when I wound up in the Nexus. My partner, though, is a priestess of one of the goddesses here, and she has contacts we should be able to use to help locate things. We can do a little research into this 'living wood' you mentioned, and see if it exists here, and if so, how one might obtain it. I might be able to shape something of that nature, too, so long as I know what's required to keep its special properties, so a bit of research and perhaps simply obtaining the material might be enough for me to be able to create what you're looking for."

22. - Top - End - #232

[Main Room]

"Its extremely durable, otherwise it wouldn't be used for armor or weapons. So if you indeed manage to find some of it, then come back here and you can shape it into an armor for me. If you do that, you can have as much gorgon venom you want."

23. - Top - End - #233

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

Corvus's smile is practically audible.

"Very well, then. I shall do my best to find some living wood and bring it here for you in exchange for the venom. I'll be in touch once I manage to find it."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"The fee is very reasonable, I assure you," Dipsnig says. "You can look at the job offerings in any of our offices or seek work on your own, as long as it's not from slavers."
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post

"Let me know when you find some of those jobs, I might have to steal one for beer money." Cass moves to lightly punch Charity's arm.

Charity just smiles as her shoulder is punched, "Sure, sure. Wouldn't want to work with slavers anyways. Anything else I need to know, or can I start looking over potential jobs?"

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig taps his bracer a few times and a nearby printer produces Charity's license. He looks as if he's about to hand it to her, but then he realizes how that'd look due to their difference in height. He opts to simply motion for her to retrieve it.

"Not really. Just remember to stay professional and reliable. We don't concern ourselves with morality that much here, but we do have professional standards."

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Main Room]

Corvus's smile is practically audible.

"Very well, then. I shall do my best to find some living wood and bring it here for you in exchange for the venom. I'll be in touch once I manage to find it."
    [Main Room]

"We have a deal then, good luck then. Hopefully it won't take too much of your time." Dena replies.

27. - Top - End - #237

NinjaGuy

[Main Room]

"Time is one thing I have, ma'am. But thank you. I'll be in touch." Corvus says, before handing the phone back to the tiefling. "I believe we have a deal. Is there anything else you need from me at this time, ma'am?"

28. - Top - End - #238

Cass grins right back at Charity, but is noticeably quick to withdraw her arm. Seems she still remembers how their spat went. "Ah c'mon boss, I'm neither of those and you still keep me around."

29. - Top - End - #239

[Main Room]

"I'll see you do." Dena replies before ending the call.

Astrana shakes her head as she takes back the phone. "Of course not, sir. If there is anything you need from or MERC however, don't hesitate to call. We will be at your service."

Then the scene can end, which is kinda already did.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-07-03 at 09:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240

[Dipsnig Office]

Fade knocks on the door of the office. "Hey Dipsnig? You got some time for me."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK