Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Chain Stone to Flesh

What is the fastest (lowest level) way to be able to cast a chain spell stone to flesh?
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

2. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Chain Stone to Flesh

Lvl11...Stone to Flesh cast through a Regular Metamagic Rod of Chain Spell. Would be lower with a scroll and UMD, but I don't know if you can use metamagic rods with scroll spells.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2007-08-25 at 08:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

What about a scroll of Chain Stone to Flesh? I think you can apply metamagic to scrolls. Then I just need to make a DC 37 UMD check to read it. The goal being to pull this off before lvl 11, which is the benchmark (via rod of chain spell).

*scurries off to find a UMD optimization thread*
    Aratos Tell
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

You can neither apply metamagic to magic items, nor have magic items come with metamagic pre-installed.
    Last edited by martyboy74; 2007-08-25 at 09:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

You can neither apply metamagic to magic items, nor have magic items come with metamagic pre-installed.
    I know the first point is true, but I don't think the second is.

Circlet of Blasting, Major
    On command, this elaborate golden headband projects a blast of searing light (5d8 maximized for 40 points of damage) once per day.
    There are also several wands of heightened spells on the random treasure tables, although I didn't see any meta-scrolls on the random scroll table.
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2007-08-25 at 09:11 PM.
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

A level 7 wizard/sorcerer with Arcane Mastery and a 19 int/cha could pull it off from a scroll as well. Can you do better via UMD?
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects: