New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Percy jackson campain

I need help. I'm doin a Pathfinder campaign based on a Percy jackson like world where the Titans have gained control of Olympus and enprisoned the gods and it's up to the gods children to free the gods and help over throw the Titans once again. My only issue is that there aren't Titans as creatures to fight. Could you give me ideas on how to fix this
    Last edited by LordDeath666; 2018-01-24 at 03:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Percy jackson campain

What edition is this?
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's Pathfinder.

4. - Top - End - #4

When you say "there aren't Titans as creatures to fight," do you mean that you don't want the kids to have to fight titans, or that there are no titans detailed in Pathfinder's monster books?

If it's the latter, and you are making titans up, it's simple: titans are gods by another name. They are the parents of the Olympians and created much of the world (that which their own parents didn't). Look them up by name - Atlas, Promethius, Chronos, and the rest - and stat them as you would any other gods.

If the former, then what you need is some divine servant race. Plenty of those exist, and if you want a new one then use the existing ones as examples.

There's another probl- er, potential probl- er, question. How do you set up that the titans can beat the Olympians but the half-Olympians can beat the titans? Did the titans take the Olympians by surprise? Do the characters gain knowledge of the titans' (or their servants') secret weakness? I bring this up partly because answering it may help you in statting the titans out. This may be relevant to either scenario above.

But it may not be. It may be that the titans themselves beat the Olympians, but the characters only have to beat the titans' servants to set the Olympians free. Then the Olympians get a rematch against the titans. The kids offer enough help to tip the scales, or the element of surprise is removed (or even reversed) or something like that, allowing for the Olympians' ultimate victory. That could work.
    Last edited by jqavins; 2018-01-24 at 12:45 PM. Reason: And another thing...
    -- Joe
    “Shared pain is diminished. Shared joy is increased.”
    -- Spider Roninson
    And shared laughter is magical

Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.
    You are completely welcome to use anything I post here, or I wouldn't post it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I plan on having the Titans getting help by Gaia by birthing 2new and stronger Titans that help over throw the gods. But with gods and demigods teaming up they are able to take it back.

6. - Top - End - #6

But how are demi-gods able to free the gods against such foes?
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Each God is imprisoned separately around the world and each one has a Titans "servants" gaurding them.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The god template I found was under powered. Could I get help with that too. Ik I'm asking alot sorry

9. - Top - End - #9

Sorry, there I can't help.
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I found a fix