New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Silly question on TWF

This is probably a silly question but.. is there any feat or something that removes the strength penalty for your offhand weapon?

Like Ambidexterity or somesuch? (Is that even a word?)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Silly question on TWF

A bunch of things reduce it but I don't think you can get lower than -2/-2, and that's with a light off-hand weapon and Ambidextrous.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

The epic-level feat Perfect Two Weapon Fighting allows you to make up to four attacks with your offhand weapons, but it doesn't remove the penalty.

Ambidexterity is no longer a feat, it seems--it's a class feature of the Tempest class from Complete Adventurer. It simply reduces the penalty by 1.

Oversized Two Weapon Fighting from Complete Adventurer allows you to treat a one-handed weapon in your offhand as a light weapon, so you receive the -2/-2 penalty instead of the -4/-4 penalty for wielding two one-handed weapons.

The LeShay epic level creature has a special quality called Superior Two Weapon Fighting, which removes the penalties altogether.
    Last edited by AslanCross; 2007-08-25 at 10:24 PM.

Eberron Red Hand of Doom Campaign Journal. NOW COMPLETE!
    Sakuya Izayoi avatar by Mr. Saturn. Caella sig by Neoseph.

"I dunno, you just gave me the image of a nerd flying slow motion over a coffee table towards another nerd, dual wielding massive books. It was awesome." -- Marriclay

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Erm, I didn't mean to say penalty.

I meant a feat that would allow you to put your full strength bonus into both weapons. Instead of half, for off-hand.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

There IS one for that, but damned if I can remember what it's called.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The Bloodclaw Master prestige class from tome of battle lets you do this with certain weapons, and the Revenant Blade prestige class from players guide to Eberron goes a step further and gives you 1.5 x str bonus for both ends of a double bladed scimitar.
    "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    - Thomas Jefferson

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, short of Tome of Battle there is no official way to remove that 0.5 Strength Bonus Multiplier. That said, I wouldn't cry any tears to see it hand waved away via a House Rule. If Saga is any indication, it's going to be that way in 4e.

Also, the Tempest Prestige Class would reduce Two Weapon Fighting Penalties to 0/0.
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)