Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Rock Bottom: Campside

Rock Bottom: Campside

Spoiler: Party
    Show
    Here's a list of who we're dealing with, courtesy of unofficial party chronicler Audrey:

Character Player Race Class Theme
    Audrey Knight Saskia Human Beguiler A bored detective, looking for a challenge
    Ares Moss PH7 Human Barbarian A proletarian wild-man warrior following his gut
    Sharan Ben Zara redzimmer Gnome Duskblade Walking artillery with a knack for investigation
    Milein Rivernook Book Wombat Halfling Rogue The shrewd scion of a line of explorers, adept at exploring where others would prefer she didn't
    Giorgio Bayslak Bayslak Human Cleric An aging priest with the inner strength of the rising sun
    Alkar Cosmix Human Beguiler A devotee who couldn't cut it as a priest. But he still has his talents....
    Quern Altamont drayen Human Cleric A swashbuckling Renaissance man of a priest who knows a little of everything
    Nomomo Fliggl Dwarf Monk Serving the guild and his god at the same time

This is the OOC thread for the Rock Bottom game. I know most OOC threads are purely for out-of-character stuff, but this thread can also include in-character conversation between characters.

Whenever you want to talk to each other in character, but don't necessarily want to interrupt the main game thread to do it, you can post that interaction here. In terms of timeline, this thread is set when and where you all last rested. At the start of the game, that's the campfire you all slept at the night before you arrived at Rock Bottom. You can use this thread to discuss plans or theories, or just roleplay in an unstructured way.

You can also of course make OOC comments here, and you don't have to spoiler it or anything, it's a low procedure thread.

Can everyone sound off with their speech color? Bonus points if you do it by talking in character
    Last edited by pupaeted; 2018-02-01 at 09:10 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rock Bottom: Campside

A dignified blue for Audrey.

Also I'm on my phone, I'll re-link my sheet in this post later.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nomomo - the dwarven monk - speaks in green

And Saskia: look at the top spoiler. Pupaeted has added the party-table

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Milein will talk in Cyan, Also Milein will have been sent by the Trade Guild

5. - Top - End - #5

Ares, the barbarian with a lineage as unremarkable as his last name implies, will speak in Brown.
    Last edited by PH7; 2018-01-28 at 04:13 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

European party? UK, Germany, Germany, Belgium ;-)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I prefer to speak in the colour of kings."

It'll be great if most of the group is in Europe. Even though I am in Texas, I work the graveyard shift and post almost exclusively from work.

Is it fair to assume that we have known about the supplies for the entire three weeks and can have taken time to identify the scrolls with read magic?

I think it would be wise to have handed out the potions as well. One to each person with the barbarian, duskblade, monk and rogue each receiving a second potion?

Additionally, Quern would have read through the dossier during the journey and committed much of it to memory. After all, he does follow a goddess of literature and has the knowledge domain.
    Last edited by drayen; 2018-01-28 at 07:45 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

I'm still looking to iron out some last background details of Ares.
    Dividing the potions seems ok. I'm fine with Ares giving his second potion to someone else. 1D8+1 doesn't matter as much to his total HP as it might for some others.
    I think most people would have read the mission dossier on the way. And maybe read it to Ares, pretty please? "I...uh...can't read it myself."

9. - Top - End - #9

Don't worry, Milein would have read it out loud if he had asked.
    Should I add 2 healing potions to Milein's inventory?
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2018-01-28 at 08:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by drayen View Post
    Is it fair to assume that we have known about the supplies for the entire three weeks and can have taken time to identify the scrolls with read magic?
    Yeah, that's fair. I've updated the thread with the identities of the scrolls.

Additionally, Quern would have read through the dossier during the journey and committed much of it to memory. After all, he does follow a goddess of literature and has the knowledge domain.
    The dossier works as a masterwork tool for local knowledge. If you've taken special effort to memorise it, then you can take advantage of that even when you don't have it to hand.

11. - Top - End - #11

Who should be the talker?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I did it. With CHA -2

Could be funny

13. - Top - End - #13

You do realize that the half-elf is a woman right?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I know it but the dwarf thinks it's a boy. Half elf girl guard? Come on! That's a job for men! He's a bit chauvinistic

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

It'll be great if most of the group is in Europe. Even though I am in Texas, I work the graveyard shift and post almost exclusively from work.
    I'm in the same boat. Most of my posting is after 9 or 10 PM CST.

Seconded. Knowing as much as possible about the place and its people ahead of time should be pretty useful. Forewarned is forearmed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Who should be the talker?
    Audrey's built to be a face, since we have the sneak role pretty well covered. She has a 10 diplomacy and an 8 in gather information for just that purpose
    Last edited by Saskia; 2018-01-28 at 01:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saskia View Post

Audrey's built to be a face, since we have the sneak role pretty well covered. She has a 10 diplomacy and an 8 in gather information for just that purpose
    Somebody should have told this the dwarf :/

17. - Top - End - #17

Also, do we have any means of identifying ourselves with papers or anything @pupaeted?
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2018-01-28 at 01:40 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Thirded (I know this is not a word but what can I use?).

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    Also, do we have any means of identifying ourselves with papers or anything @pupaeted?
    Sure. Milein just saw that letter of introduction when he was going through the dossier. It's intended for governor Llywelyn, but it would probably do for official documentation.

I don't think anyone back at the Guild headquarters anticipated you having any trouble getting in to the town. It's a trade town, and usually has people coming and going all the time.

20. - Top - End - #20

If the guard woman has got a list longer than the dwarf is tall, wouldn't that mean she has only an average amount of problems?

Ares has got intimidate covered, for when we get into aggressive negotiations.

I don't really want to speak IC yet though. Bayslak has some ideas on a previously established relationship for his character and mine. My reaction might differ depending on it. If that's ok?
    And most of us may be on similar posting hours, but Lo, Bayslak doth hail from a country down below. Where ladies are radiant and gentleman engage in extralegal acquisition.

21. - Top - End - #21

G'night and see you people tomorrow.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

FYI: I have NOT planned to play Nomomo all the time like this annoying bugger. It just happened...
    After this he will be more cautious

23. - Top - End - #23

Could I change my text color to Teal? It just that Cyan is harder to read.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Is everyone happy to move forward to the town hall? Or are you heading to one of the inns, or looking around the city?

25. - Top - End - #25

Ares would not idle about and suggest looking for the 'pale people in robes' right away. Up to the group though.

EDIT: made the argument In Character:

Ares turns to the group and speaks: "All right gang. What say we go about and find these 'pale people in robes?' No point in wasting time."
    Last edited by PH7; 2018-01-30 at 12:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nomomo would like to look after them, too.
    Maybe someone more charismatic could ask Kim what to do if we find the pale ones. Just find or arrest or kill?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry all. I was in Chicago last weekend and just got back to work. I'm going to the IC thread now to catch up.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Hey @Saskia, did Audrey's aunt ever tell her any stories about her uncle? I'm curious about Elastial's battles, and the group he was figting. Does she know anything about who they were and what their aims were?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pupaeted View Post
    Hey @Saskia, did Audrey's aunt ever tell her any stories about her uncle? I'm curious about Elastial's battles, and the group he was figting. Does she know anything about who they were and what their aims were?
    Yeah, she would probably know about his life and the people he fought against.

I guess the elevator pitch for Elastial's character would be that he's a typical player character paladin who survived long enough to age out of fighting. So maybe in his sixties, and because of paladin class features and being a member of the nobility, he really doesn't need to worry about death from anything but violence, or failing health due to age.

Past that I didn't put too much thought into the baddies he was warring against. I was intentionally leaving it open in case the organization he was fighting against was something you wanted to toy with. But if I had to flesh it out, maybe a feudal wizard-king planned to invade by starting civil unrest with spies and magic, and then mop up with a regular invasion, and a few bound devils to supplement his regular army. Enchanters and conjurers are always interesting, right?

At least, if I were a an evil queen with magical powers, that's probably what I would do; let them fight themselves first, and then kill off whoever's left. It's worked plenty of times in real-life history, right?

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
    At least, if I were a an evil queen with magical powers, that's probably what I would do; let them fight themselves first, and then kill off whoever's left. It's worked plenty of times in real-life history, right?
    Yeah, but rarely was any of it planned beforehand. History's the history of people making the right move at the right time. Usually for all the wrong reasons

Heh, 'small amused' indeed.