New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] Here Comes The Son

Fluffy&Puffy

Not foreshadowing or anything, but the twin princes,hanged around the Shining City, looking cute as Inu boy and girl teens in Victorian attire,both flirting with anything that moves.

Trollight

"Cell.Jr is a bro!" she yelled, then face hoofed, trying to fly and hide behind a cloud which exactly has blown away..
    '$%F$%" she cursed with Spacenet slang, that should not be pronounced.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The Nobles:

He will keep walking until an effect occurs.
    No effect will occur unless he tries to tell anyone else what he saw, in which case he would just decide not to after all, or unless he was attacked, in which case he would find the foe markedly easy to defeat, able to predict the foe's actions.

Its strange....his movements are more efficient now. He barely moves his head to dodge that, and its a split-second movement like one frame to another. He begins to throw a kata of punches back at Adam, the movements....clipped, keldasian like, simpler and faster yet jarringly precise. As if his style have shifted from being a fierce wolf of flames, to a clean strike of lightning sudden, deadly and fast yet somehow startlingly disciplined and directed.

"See....how I used to think....is that I didn't wonder. I didn't have any doubts or second thoughts. I just had the goal of showing that humans can be just powerful and great a warrior as a saiyan or even a bio-android....and I poured my whole heart and soul into it. I purely focused on becoming the ideal that I wanted to the exclusion of everything else. Then I went to Keldas.....I asked them the Keldasians how their Improvement worked. They said it was something biological, in their DNA. That they evolved to have it due to the environment they grew up in. Bio-android like voices whispered back in my mind, telling me there was no way. That as a human, I was destined to never have it myself. But I knew the human spirit, and how we made fire and farming, tools and discipline to overcome nature where our own natural abilities would fail us.

I stubbornly went into the storms of Keldas. There I lived second to second, the only thing keep me alive was my split second reactions for days. Winds faster than any on Earth scoured me, lightning struck at me not once, but hundreds of times shards of rock caught in gales greater than hurricanes hurtled at me sideways. Reaction became life. Thought became luxury. Instinct became existence. My food was whatever I just happened to catch out of reflex and eating became something automatic. Somehow I started sleeping while I dodged, my reflexes not dulled a bit while I did so. Life was a rush, a frenzy, a marathon that I could not stop, or I would die no matter how much my body cried out in pain, while I wondered if I had gone completely insane.

Then one day I woke up....and it was normal and mundane for me. The pain went away. I could think again. The storm, that hell in mortal realm form had somehow become just another place to me. I went out, and I defeated every Keldasian I could find, their movements similar to my own, I understood their existence, because I lived it. I came back and now I gaze upon humans...and its as if I'm looking at them from the outside. As if I'm the alien. Their actions no longer make that much sense to me, and I wonder if my goal is worth it or achievable....if I my mind can't even stay human, what does it matter that my body still is?"
    Adam powered up, a shimmering blue-and-purple aura surrounding him. He took the first barrage of punches head-on, not even flinching upon being hit.

"Your thinking is fallacious," he replied. "You have evolved. You have reached the next stage of human evolution, but have done so naturally, without the need for technological intervention. I confess, I am somewhat jealous."

The next barrage of punches hit at first, but suddenly Adam seemed to be able to predict where they would land, catching them in his hands.

The Referas

Meanwhile Jade listens to the threat and simply says again...
    "Dammit."
    "Well, what do we do?"
    "I don't know be vigilant? Vision didn't exactly give us a when or where. Things like this are why I didn't trust prophecies before Shanakan. Especially chosen one prophecies."
    "But why?"
    "Its a rant that isn't relevant right now. Anyways, while you were out Starlight: there was some stuff with the bio-androids but this other separate from the rest called crystal firefly who was like supposed to be some fifth control thing for them fixed it all after we explained it to her, and basically bio-androids produced by the Unkillables are going to be mortal to make sure bio-androids don't overtake all other forms of life. Also turns out that the bio-androids were made from a Cell Junior from the future who wanted to like, eat tuffles for some stupid reason.

Right after that, aliens called the Veru'nas kidnapped Beryl onto their ship while using this anti-ki to keep us from getting her back. I understandably angry and did everything I could to rectify that. Turns out I kinda figured out a weapon that could be used as an anti-ki user weapon even though it doesn't use anti-ki itself to fight the Veru'nas since they as powerful as 5500 PL without ki. Doesn't ask me how, but the alien race are big truck-sized shark-bug things that used vibrations to navigate."

She pulls out the Capsule Gun. Its like a normal pistol, but its in that capsule corp yellow with the C logo on it.
    "The capsule gun. Can fire capsules that break on impact, unleashing whatever is within or fire a partial storage capsule. With the right ammo, it could get around a ki users defenses, or if your feeling nonlethal unleash a really good containment thing. Its actually based on earlier designs of capsules without various safety features to make them more usable for the consumer. Ironic that I brought in something that might be more lethal than anti-ki to defeat things using it. Anyways, after some fighting and resorting to Batman cosplay to keep living, Beryl did a thing-"
    "-Freed Magnus the Red with the help of a cute Veru'nas child whom I was temporary surrogate mother to called Nelnine! He is safe now, a Primarch of the Veru'nas or something. Turns out the anti-ki was powered by a primarch from WH40k the whole time! What a twist. and when he was freed, it went down-"
    -and I had a talk with him, then had a talk with the warlord who took Beryl, and it turns out that- hold on this is going to be a little complicated ahem......fake my death by letting him "kill" me, so that the Veru'nas race will kill each other in a manner beneficial to me and Ixil so that, he can continue ruling his planet and make sure that they will not instead one day invent even greater tech and try to take over the universe when they are a race made entirely of Gero-level geniuses and have a mindset of battle similar to saiyans but kill for the sake of ambition or something like that? It was real alien and weird and it was either that or destroying the Veru'nas and I couldn't take option because of my own rules against genocide and planetary destruction. The Veru'nas saw me as a foe or something they wanted to prove themselves against and since I'm "dead" they shouldn't be a problem now.

Also Solitus got killed by Vodkana and Oxyribo and heaven is saved. don't ask me for the full story, I wasn't there, was busy rescuing Beryl at the time."

She slings the capsule gun away
    'Then Pinappla punched some ancient saiyan to stop him killing all the saiyans, and that saiyan and Cell Junior after a talk about the real way to be unique from all the other Cell Juniors is to be a good, are now working for Vodkana as gods of destruction so....yay? Question maaaark???"
    Starlight tapped her chin with her hoof. "Perhaps some sort of cultural revolution is in order?" she pondered. "Questions for later. Anyway, that's why I was out for a week. Princess Luna was training me in the Dream Realm."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    No effect will occur unless he tries to tell anyone else what he saw, in which case he would just decide not to after all, or unless he was attacked, in which case he would find the foe markedly easy to defeat, able to predict the foe's actions.
    Oh he is not telling anyone. Collins is just....unaware of these effects. for now.

Adam powered up, a shimmering blue-and-purple aura surrounding him. He took the first barrage of punches head-on, not even flinching upon being hit.

"Your thinking is fallacious," he replied. "You have evolved. You have reached the next stage of human evolution, but have done so naturally, without the need for technological intervention. I confess, I am somewhat jealous."

The next barrage of punches hit at first, but suddenly Adam seemed to be able to predict where they would land, catching them in his hands.
    "Hm. I guess your right."
    He says as he seems to observe his punches not hitting and in his observance, his next series of attacks are suddenly different to get around the blocks, as if he is gradually adapting and improving his fighting style to defeat yours in a way he wasn't before.
    "But either way, its clear we don't understand the humans around us. I think we should go on a trip after this spar around Earth, to at least understand the people we are fighting for. That at least, I think should be done to make sure we know why its worth it."
    He will continue fighting however long Adam wants though.

Starlight tapped her chin with her hoof. "Perhaps some sort of cultural revolution is in order?" she pondered. "Questions for later. Anyway, that's why I was out for a week. Princess Luna was training me in the Dream Realm."
    "Yup. Thing is, I'm not sure how to do a cultural revolution for an alien species. Someone like me coming in and doing that seems really.....colonial. It'd have to come from within. Hopefully Nelnine can do it, he is some....weird Veru'nas primarch thing now."
    Anyways, since that is done they will stop by a green wide field with a few hills and a mountain nearby, like some bog-standard scene for a dojo. Its picturesque how verdant and peaceful it is.
    "Anyways, what about here? This seems nice and peaceful while also not really having much in the way."
    "Yeah but should we try for something more wasteland like for the fights your students will have? Thats probably even more safe and no one will care if a wasteland is littered with craters."
    "Yeah but don't you want to set up that shelter for time refugees, I don't think a wasteland is really hospitable for that...."
    "Well if your okay with wrecking this peaceful field with sparring I guess it might work, but come on, a wastelands probably better."
    "Look we'd probably have to set up a teleportation system to teleport to some uninhabitated planet for the strong students anyways, the location doesn't matter for that."
    "Then why don't we go for something seaside?"
    "As if we want to go near that stupid hermit, one of would lose their temper with him he'd be dead."
    "I still don't understand why we can't just put the dojo on Mars."
    "We don't have time to terraform that place, Masala."
    "Or the north pole."
    "Masala we talked about this, too much thrown around would melt the ice caps, we don't want an early climate change."
    "but Superman and Santa live there just fine!"
    "We told you before they're not real."
    "Not yet, but I've been santa once, and maybe one day I'll truly become super-masala! Anyways, why not the moon?"
    "Because its a lower gravity, might negatively impact the training as higher gravities is shown to speed up and improve training, it would make sense if lower gravities worsened it."
    "but then why Earth? there are planets with ten times Earths gravity!"
    "We have gravity chamber tech anyways, so it doesn't matter, we picked Earth because....why?"
    "Because we love our home planet and our fellow humans? Because its familiar to us? Because it'd be weird if we randomly came to a foreign planet? because all the weird stuff seems to happen to Earth the most for no apparent reason, so we need to keep watch?"
    "No. No. Sorta. Yeah definitely the last part." Jade answers in rapid succession.
    Beryl rolls her eyes
    "Okay then, Starlight does this area look potentially....uh....wildlife/environment destroyable if we choose here? like if how harmful will sparring repeatedly here be compared to a wasteland?"
    You feel as if your listening to a family debate about something on a road trip.

They're not paying attention to Fakelight at all, but she hears the conversation about setting up a school of martial arts here.

Fluffy and Puffy:
    ....Not much actually happens in Shining City? Your in one of the more high-tech cities of Earth right now, rivaled only by Oxy-City, so your basically in one of the safest most progressive parts on Earth, with a culture influenced by an enlightened optimistic scientist from the future. Like, they're probably one of the few outsiders who can get in on political power alone because of your father, as the city needs to have certain laws about its technology to make the transition gradual so that people have time to adapt to it. Like there is probably some smugglers who try to get that technology out illegally which could be dangerous but nothing to do with you. The Unkillables don't really know who you are though, if your expecting any welcome from them, they're not aware of your status.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Fakelight simply sink back to her hideout.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hm. I guess your right."
    He says as he seems to observe his punches not hitting and in his observance, his next series of attacks are suddenly different to get around the blocks, as if he is gradually adapting and improving his fighting style to defeat yours in a way he wasn't before.
    "But either way, its clear we don't understand the humans around us. I think we should go on a trip after this spar around Earth, to at least understand the people we are fighting for. That at least, I think should be done to make sure we know why its worth it."
    He will continue fighting however long Adam wants though.
    Once again, Adam took the first few blows, then adapted, once again seeming to predict where his fists would land before he threw them.

"I would ... like that," he admitted. "But father does not want me leaving the compound unsupervised."

[COLOR="#cc0033"]"Yup. Thing is, I'm not sure how to do a cultural revolution for an alien species. Someone like me coming in and doing that seems really.....colonial. It'd have to come from within. Hopefully Nelnine can do it, he is some....weird Veru'nas primarch thing now."
    "The difficult part is making first contact. I will ask Princess Celestia and see what she can do."

Anyways, since that is done they will stop by a green wide field with a few hills and a mountain nearby, like some bog-standard scene for a dojo. Its picturesque how verdant and peaceful it is.
    "Anyways, what about here? This seems nice and peaceful while also not really having much in the way."
    "Yeah but should we try for something more wasteland like for the fights your students will have? Thats probably even more safe and no one will care if a wasteland is littered with craters."
    "Yeah but don't you want to set up that shelter for time refugees, I don't think a wasteland is really hospitable for that...."
    "Well if your okay with wrecking this peaceful field with sparring I guess it might work, but come on, a wastelands probably better."
    "Look we'd probably have to set up a teleportation system to teleport to some uninhabitated planet for the strong students anyways, the location doesn't matter for that."
    "Then why don't we go for something seaside?"
    "As if we want to go near that stupid hermit, one of would lose their temper with him he'd be dead."
    "I still don't understand why we can't just put the dojo on Mars."
    "We don't have time to terraform that place, Masala."
    "Or the north pole."
    "Masala we talked about this, too much thrown around would melt the ice caps, we don't want an early climate change."
    "but Superman and Santa live there just fine!"
    "We told you before they're not real."
    "Not yet, but I've been santa once, and maybe one day I'll truly become super-masala! Anyways, why not the moon?"
    "Because its a lower gravity, might negatively impact the training as higher gravities is shown to speed up and improve training, it would make sense if lower gravities worsened it."
    "but then why Earth? there are planets with ten times Earths gravity!"
    "We have gravity chamber tech anyways, so it doesn't matter, we picked Earth because....why?"
    "Because we love our home planet and our fellow humans? Because its familiar to us? Because it'd be weird if we randomly came to a foreign planet? because all the weird stuff seems to happen to Earth the most for no apparent reason, so we need to keep watch?"
    "No. No. Sorta. Yeah definitely the last part." Jade answers in rapid succession.
    Beryl rolls her eyes
    "Okay then, Starlight does this area look potentially....uh....wildlife/environment destroyable if we choose here? like if how harmful will sparring repeatedly here be compared to a wasteland?"
    You feel as if your listening to a family debate about something on a road trip.
    A little bluebird landed on Starlight's horn. That was a yes. However ...

"If the sparring is purely physical, it should be fine," she replied. "Once you start using energy attacks, things get dicey, but we can set up a dueling ring to prevent collateral damage."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

Yankar:
    "Do I, your teacher not count as supervision?"
    Yankar tries to mix it up by flash stepping behind him to kick him from behind.

The Arrest of Jade Refera:
    "Well they'd have to learn energy attacks sooner or later...."
    "but if I dueling ring will work, then it'll probably be a good place."
    "Should we check anywhere else?"
    "I mean its this or a wasteland or making some place on some mountaintop. Cities out, oceans out,
    forests out, and we do want the students to reminded of what they're fighting for by having a peaceful environment surrounding them."

"Yeah a wasteland would probably be too negative. Showing something like that sometimes could be a harsh reminder for more troublesome students but... not everyone."
    They take some time finding the exact place to build the school and mark where: right in the side of the mountain where its rockiest, leaving the rest of it untouched.
    "Okay now thats done we can start planning out the lay out and rooms, memorizing various tech we need and so until we can just conjure up large portions of the building we want from our perfect memories after we clear some of the troublesome rocks..."

However then a bunch of what seems to be clockwork brass birds come flapping in with people riding on them like horses, touching down near the Refera Family. There were constables with pith helmets and victorian police uniforms, there were reporters with photographs at the ready, too many to count easily, with a few very low level ki users floating in the distance, not doing anything harmful, just watching even though they seem to be with the rest of this group.
    Then comes Constable Banton comes stepping off his clockwork bird, marching straight up to Jade, who just has an eyebrow raised. He proclaims while taking out a list
    "Jade Refera, by the power of the World Government of Earth, ruled by King Fenrir, I Constable Banton hereby place you under arrest for the following charges:
    Illegal immigration to Earth from another timeline, Assaulting Yama Former Kami of Earth, Counterfeiting various goods from other timelines through matter materialization, assaulting Vodkana of Nyagato, assaulting Spoon of Nyagato, kidnapping Vodkana of Nyagato, destruction of Vodkana's property, theft of an alien spacecraft named "The Shenron", endangerment of Earth's existence and autonomy by giving away Earth's location to Hailing in a time of war, kidnapping Masala of the Majins, Impersonating the Kami of Earth, accomplice to a tyrant in establishing an illegitimate government through the Dragon Balls, counterfeiting the book entitled "Groundbreaking Science!" through the Dragon Balls, general vigilantism, Reckless endangerment of the space-time continuum? Attempted mass-murder via disrupting the space-time continuum and walking around Earth without proper identification."
    He finishes up the list and holds out handcuffs to politely yet silently insist on just making this easier for both of them and just let herself get cuffed.
    Jade for her part just seems to be amused. She was wondering when someone would finally try to arrest her for her arguably unethical shenanigans.
    Pinappla, Masala and Beryl on the other hand, are all more upset, understandably.
    "What? she can't have been a liar, what are you talking about!?"
    "I WAS NOT KIDNAPPED!"
    "This is completely unfair! Everything she has done has been to protect Earth!"
    "Hey. Chill. I know its nonsense, but come on lets go with this."
    "WHAT!? J-Mom, They want to put you on TRIAL! for something that didn't happen! Screw these guys, none of them have a PL over 100! We can beat them all up and be gone before anyone knows!"
    "Yes, they aren't a threat. Thats why we should deal with them. They're not trying to destroy or conquer the world or trying to murder anybody, they're just trying to arrest me. Without violence even. Thats more reasonable than most of the idiots we face in our lives."
    "you do know that most if not all of that stuff happened BEFORE this government formed right? Not only are they arresting you for establishing the government they are currently enforcing, they're overreaching and trying for crimes done before it existed!"
    "Yes. But given all the ways to get evidence around they probably know of my hero rep and will use resisting arrest against me to ruin it. And all those charities as well my future school I'm making depend on that rep being a good one. I'll be receiving students from across the galaxy after all! I'm not going to beat up a bunch of people for doing their jobs. so stand down guys. I'm sure this will all get sorted like civilized people for once. Instead of y'know. The usual insanity."
    That and she wanted to see this trial- especially if it was bad. Kind of like MST3king a bad fanfic or something like that, the more horrible it was the funnier it was to listen to. She holds out her hands and gets cuffed, while smiling mischievously.
    "....Your smiling, what're you planning?" Banton asks suspiciously.
    Jade's smile grew positively wicked.
    "Nothing, officer. Nothing at all."
    She answers in complete honesty. It only made Banton more worried. They will quietly lead Jade away to soon go to court, or at least a holding cell before it starts. Anything you'd like to do?

(Feel free to come up with any reason you can to get there in time, if you want, this applies to everyone, including Vodkana)
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-12 at 07:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Colossus in the Playground

Android 10 snaps her fingers and all methods of recording what happens turn to pudding.

"Hi. I'm Android 10. I'm a horrific abomination against all the laws of man and God in the form of a little girl that I may or may not have used to have been. Now, I may have literally just gotten here but it sounds to me like every last one of those charges is complete bullcrap and if the Government she helped establish with the Dragon Balls is illegitimate than uh... Isn't that your Government? If iyou're admitting that it's illegitimate then you have no legal ground to arrest her and if you want her charged you need to have her charged by the actual Governments that existed at the time which um... Is basically just King Oxyribo... Who I'm technically supposed to kill but I don't want to.... You want me to summon him so he can explain how you're being jerkfaces, complain about you ignoring his sovereignty, then go to your Government and murder whatever corrupt frickhead ordered this for being a corrupt frickhead or can I just eat you all now becuase uh...? Jade's being Lawful Stupid right now and is apparently going to go through with the trial even though the fact that they're charging her for things that are completely trumped up means that you're probably gonna screw her over instead of having a fair and proper trial."

Meanwhile, In Oxy City

"Why do I have the overwhelming feeling that I'm going to have to succeed from the Earth Government soon?"
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight gave Android 10 "The Look(TM)".

"Young lady, you fix their cameras right now," she said. "Destruction of property is a very real offense, and will only hurt us in the long run."

She then turned to the constable. "I'm very sorry about that," she apologized. "Can I see a copy of the individual laws to which you are referring?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Jade:
    All the gathered humans just stare in bewilderment and fear at Android 10's actions, not sure what to do. She stops and telepathically thinks to Android ten:
    Look, can you not? I'm trying to troll these guys here and go watch the court case equivalent of a MST of bad fanfic while trolling them to. I know you nor Oxyribo care for societal theatrics and just like to get straight to the point, but I highly doubt they have anything that can hold me- I long ago surpassed any prisons the galaxy's greatest tech can produce, these guys won't have anything but handcuffs and the ol' iron bar door with three other walls. That and if Oxyribo goes around trying to kill random officials on the suspicion they are corrupt, I will be forced to stop him along with anyone else I can muster. These are normal people for kai's sake, not ki users we can't solve these problems by just bullying anyone we want!
    Banton is the first to recover.
    "Jade, is this child under your supervision?"
    "....Sigh. Yes."
    It was technically true as it could be, given that she follows her around.
    "Then as children cannot be held responsible for their crimes, the responsibility goes to the parent or guardian. You are charged with an additional destruction of property of cameras owned by various newspaper companies as well parental neglect for being unable to control your child with proper discipline."
    With numerous eyewitnesses. He turns to Starlight, pulling out the law book of Global Earth and giving it to her to look through, it seems relatively recent for how weighty it is. Like normally this kind of book of law takes decades if not centuries to reach this kind of thickness, and a relatively recent government like the one being enforced shouldn't have something so intricate yet, but he shows the various places and laws, explaining some of the stranger ones as you look them up:
    "....technically Hailing firing his attack on Planet Plant was an act of war as well as his subsequent conquering of Earth afterwards, with Jade Refera being the one intending to defeat Hailing she was acting under the role of the Earth's military at the time and thus is being court-martialed as if she was..."
    "technically she did not go through any proper channels or orphanages on Earth to adopt any of the children she raised, therefore we cannot legally say they are her children and thus are technically kidnapped by her...."
    "...all we know about the Shenron and her impersonation of Kami is that she left the planet with Callins but did not come back with him so do not know what she did with him to gain the Shenron and the Kami title even if it is only for a short period of time. and Callins is counted as a citizen of Earth due to the fact that he was once Kami of Earth through legitimate means..."
    "Finally, while illegitimate, any government is better than no government, order is always preferable to chaos. If one was to change things, I'd rather it be done peaceably and in an orderly fashion so as minimal blood is shed. I am but one man, in a larger picture and cannot make this happen myself."
    things like that. It seems that they only care about crimes within the jurisdiction of Earth. They need some justification for why its an Earth problem for them to charge her with the crime. The crimes themselves in the book seem to be a weird mix of more modern seeming ones which apply globally and older ones cobbled together from various former nations, now called states of Earth's global federation which those laws locally apply, but the laws she is accused of all seem global modern ones rather than local old ones. and when I mean modern, I really modern, as if these people shouldn't have developed these laws yet. Is there something specific your looking for?

Meanwhile Masala arches an eyebrow.
    "Turning things to liquid is a bit past sarcastic commentary, Ten. As well as threats involving Oxyribo's return. That isn't really in the spirit of the funnies. Just saiyan."
    She looks meaningfully at the fourth wall.
    "Though she does have a point about the stupidity of this part. Not appreciating it much myself"
    On the other hand, they have more reason to arrest Jade now, so Android Ten kind of screwed herself over there.

10. - Top - End - #1450

"No, she is not responsible for me, even if she thinks that she is. I am not a child. I am not human. I am not an alien. I am not a machine. I am not a God. I am not a demon. I'm closer to a spirit of Chaos and Disharmony than anything else. Such laws do not apply to me, and even if they did the only one who can be said to be responsible for me is Prince Diamond, adopted son of Prince Callins, of Planet Plant and becuase he's the one who woke me up from my ancient slumber and you don't have authority on planet plant. If you do not drop that bullcrap additional charge against miss Jade with this knowledge I will assume that you're just a corrupt son of a gun and act as such. Ps, Corrupt sons of guns make good cookies."

"Also, destroying the cameras means there's no footage that you jerkfaces can manipulate to make Jade look bad. IT means she's free to resist this illegal charge without you being able to record it and make her look like a deranged criminal. You can't punish her for what I did to protect her from your illegal actions, and the only reason for it to be illegal to resist illegal arrest or take actions to prevent illegal arrest is if the Government knows and fully intends to make illegal arrests so considering what I did to be wrong is as good as admitting that your attempt to arrest Miss Jade is illegal."

"Which it is. You have just admitted that your Government is illegitimate. You thus have no legal grounds to arrest Jade and have just admitted that your main argument for several of these charges is that you can't prove that she didn't commit them. So here's what you do: Tear up that warrant, go home, and come back when you have actual evidence. It still won't do any good, but at least you'll be following the actual rules instead of acting like a jackass."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-11 at 06:37 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Fakelight emerge.
    "Yo. Wtf, r u baggots or samfin?' She say angerly with the worst spacenet slur she can master. (Or this one narrator at least,)
    "I wasn't mmm... born yet. But I know Fenrir wasn't the king when, Vodkana has arrived. Does he even aproved this arrest or what ever? And what ever the talky kid said.'

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Titan in the Playground

Banton:
    He sighs and walks right up to Android Ten, stoic and looking at her hard.
    "Well. What I'm hearing, is that you are a foreign dignitary trying to force their ways onto our planet. I don't know things are done Planet Plant, Ma'am. But on this planet, we do not threaten to murder or eat those whom we suspect are corrupt like some animal. We are civilized people, we investigate, bring the evidence before a court, and with proper procedures, determine appropriate punishment proportionate to the crime committed.

Admittedly, the dubious legitimacy of the current government is a controversial issue that many have disagreements over from the low class to the highest echelons of government. But it is currently what we have, and is ten years too late with everyone settled down and getting used to it, to start going off some nonsense coup de'tat or revolution that due to the high power of ki users may likely end in the planets complete and utter destruction- mutually assured destruction I believe the phrase everyone throws around- to change now. But none of that is your concern, given that you have given me no proof that Jade is a registered citizen of Planet Plant and thus not under your protection, given that she is human logically that means she has genetic origins on this planet and therefore by default makes her Earth's problem. Unless you'd like to prove right that ignorant low class rumor that she is actually a saiyan going around?"
    Jade finds this hilarious for some reason and starts laughing.
    "You are a guest on this planet, respect our ways and laws. You have no right to judge a different culture or circumstances. I will drop the charge of destroying property of course- but now you have introduced a far worse problem in how we are going to solve this clear diplomatic incident brewing and I'm not going to be silent about it like some criminal. No matter how little the evidence, we have right to complain."
    "Nor are we!" the journalists shout out.
    "I have many eyewitnesses here. Ones that have media companies that will question what they did with that expensive equipment to lose it. They might get fired for such a thing, lose their very livelihoods all to protect one person from something you have no proof is going to happen. How will Plant recompense that? If they won't, is this a declaration of war from Plant? Or are you acting on your own without their knowledge, and thus cannot be representative of Plant nor legally protected by Plant? What is your actual position, exactly? Because if it is really as some spirit of discord which no laws apply, then no laws protect you either, nor do you have any leg to stand upon using laws to justify anything you do or to call people out on not following the law, for you are living in a glass house and throwing stones.

Please. Clarify. We WILL check with Plants REAL ruler, not your Prince to see if any of it is true."
    He turns to Fakelight
    "My warrant comes from the World Assembly, the council of all representatives of the states under Fenrir, whom were all former leaders of the nations he took away with his wish. I'm technically here at the behest of the people that were in charge before him."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-14 at 09:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1453

Banton:
    He sighs and walks right up to Android Ten, stoic and looking at her hard.
    "Well. What I'm hearing, is that you are a foreign dignitary trying to force their ways onto our planet. I don't know things are done Planet Plant, Ma'am. But on this planet, we do not threaten to murder or eat those whom we suspect are corrupt like some animal. We are civilized people, we investigate, bring the evidence before a court, and with proper procedures, determine appropriate punishment proportionate to the crime committed.
    "The thing that you're completely failing to do right now?"

"Besides, during someone into a cookie and eating them is perfectly proportionate to corruption. It's more merciful than what they'll do to you in Otherworld. You wanna see what they do to people who talk on the cellphone in movie theatres? What you're doing is a billion times worse. You'd beg to be eaten if you saw that, because the people I eat don't die, they stay inside me as part of my power forever. It wouldn't even hurt unless and chose to make it hurt."

Admittedly, the dubious legitimacy of the current government is a controversial issue that many have disagreements over from the low class to the highest echelons of government. But it is currently what we have, and is ten years too late with everyone settled down and getting used to it, to start going off some nonsense coup de'tat or revolution that due to the high power of ki users may likely end in the planets complete and utter destruction- mutually assured destruction I believe the phrase everyone throws around- to change now. But none of that is your concern, given that you have given me no proof that Jade is a registered citizen of Planet Plant and thus not under your protection, given that she is human logically that means she has genetic origins on this planet and therefore by default makes her Earth's problem. Unless you'd like to prove right that ignorant low class rumor that she is actually a saiyan going around?"
    Jade finds this hilarious for some reason and starts laughing.
    "You are a guest on this planet, respect our ways and laws. You have no right to judge a different culture or circumstances. I will drop the charge of destroying property of course- but now you have introduced a far worse problem in how we are going to solve this clear diplomatic incident brewing and I'm not going to be silent about it like some criminal. No matter how little the evidence, we have right to complain."
    "Nor are we!" the journalists shout out.
    "I have many eyewitnesses here. Ones that have media companies that will question what they did with that expensive equipment to lose it. They might get fired for such a thing, lose their very livelihoods all to protect one person from something you have no proof is going to happen. How will Plant recompense that? If they won't, is this a declaration of war from Plant? Or are you acting on your own without their knowledge, and thus cannot be representative of Plant nor legally protected by Plant? What is your actual position, exactly? Because if it is really as some spirit of discord which no laws apply, then no laws protect you either, nor do you have any leg to stand upon using laws to justify anything you do or to call people out on not following the law, for you are living in a glass house and throwing stones.
    "They won't. They're not responsible for my actions."

"Words have meaning: No one is responsible for me, I am responsible for my self. I merely said that if someone was responsible it would be one specific person one planet outside of your jurisdiction, not Jade, so that charge you just added is bullcrap. Please pay attention, you're presumably an adult who learned these things."

"I'm acting independently as a horrific eldritch abomination from the future that was engineered specifically to kill God-King Oxyribo and his allies, beings who are so powerful that the very concept of law becomes meaningless, so please, think about it, to protect someone who I think is on of the people I'm actually supposed to be killing from obviously illegal charges. If the people from the media companies behave themselves, I'll make new equipment to replace what I destroyed but if they act like...You're acting right now, they get nothing.

"As for throwing stones? Yeah. I'm a hypocrite. But so are you, talking about the law while doing things that are illegal. I have a right to call you out on it and every single one of the people here is guilty for not calling you on it before I did."
    "My warrant comes from the World Assembly, the council of all representatives of the states under Fenrir, whom were all former leaders of the nations he took away with his wish. I'm technically here at the behest of the people that were in charge before him."
    "So God-King Oxy, one of the people who ruled such a nation and, if my information is correct, is an eye-witness to several of those charges, was consulted? BEcuase agreeing to this doesn't sound like something he'd do or let his representative do? I can have him here in three seconds to check if he was consulted, and if he wasn't that would basically prove the illegitimacy of the warrant."

"Or you can tear it up and goback and do this the right way instead of the jackass way and save me the trouble."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-14 at 10:21 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Banton:
    "I do not know what insanity you think your spouting that makes you think anyone will ever believe your not a potential mass murderer with a god complex, but clearly it is incurable. People like you are exactly why I hate ki users. who think are above the law, who think they can just do whatever they want and get away with it. No one is the above law. No one. Its what keeps civilization together, what keeps us sane, stable, what allows us to become more than cave men killing each other over food. The alternative to this illegitimate government is no government which I will never ever accept. Nor will I accept your ki using tyrant Oxyribo. Of course he wasn't consulted, he is Oxyribo. No sane person isn't terrified of him. At least Fenrir knows that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."
    He looks at Android Ten in fury
    "Since you are so furious at me for stating the truth no one can prove, I'll change my mind: It IS legitimate. It is more legitimate than anything you spit out your fool mouth, because you don't know what your talking about. It is legitimate, because we can't prove it isn't. Because every single legal document that has ever been made on this planet has been warped by reality altering wish-granting dragon!! with no legal proof that any before it ever existed!!! We can't just say every legal document that ever existed is not valid, because HUMAN MEMORY ISN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN RELY ON! We record documents because they are static, and once they are changed, we can't rely on our memories to tell us differently! We have no documents, no EVIDENCE to make the claim to change it! Therefore if we don't recognize the current government- there IS no government! all the laws that humanity ever made would be invalid! That only leads to chaos, instability, war, all because of your childish whims! So if you such a great being, start acting like it and stop abusing your power like some common bully who can't comprehend that the world is bigger than their wants and desires! No one is above the law! Least of all you and your Oxyribo!"
    He continues with his rant.
    "and Jade ALREADY looks bad! The entire planet thinks nothing good of her! Aside from few romanticists and diehard fans who want her to be Queen for some ungodly reason. you think anyone is grateful after what she did!? Well aside from the crazy lawyer who is fanatical about defending her..."
    "don't listen to those fans. Making me queen is a horrible idea."
    "You think the nobles hate her? You should see the bourgeois or the commonfolk talk about her! Half the commoners think she is some sort of saiyan!"
    "I still find that hilarious. also Why am I side commentary now?"
    "She is seen throughout the planet as borderline traitor to humanity who colludes with foreign powers from beyond the stars! She is known as someone who abandoned Earth for a year to be ruled under Hailing to get rid of him late, she does thing that no one has been able to replicate and has power beyond most can imagine! Some people just hate her for being female and red-headed!"
    "Ah yeah, that classic victorian prejudice. Knew there was a reason I left for ten years to travel the stars."
    "The bourgeois intellectuals and proponents of the Enlightenment decry her and ki users like her as thuggish, brutal and uncivilized, little better than beasts who ignore all laws of man! They would think of you Android Ten, as even worse!"
    "I'm offended, it should be Gynoid Ten she is female after all."
    Jade says, her humor dry.
    "While King Fenrir has given the beastfolk civil rights while abolishing slavery, because many slaves were beastfolk! While Jade's spread of ki teachings around has only made both criminals and those fight them stronger, making battles between them more dangerous, making life less stable! Its only because of something like a united world government that the good ki users can unite around something to keep order, or they'd be fighting each other as well, probably at the behest of people wanting more power and land for their nation! She is seen as the single greatest bringer of chaos to Earth! The only way her reputation could get any worse on this planet is if she started murdering people in the street!

And the authority I'm empowered by is the World Assembly made up the former leaders of all nations, now representatives of the world governments states who work in conjunction with king Fenrir as part of the constitutional monarchy as a check on his power. My authority is second only to King Fenrir himself, and basically? the Assembly couldn't agree on arresting Fenrir but could agree on arresting Jade because she has had more of a negative impact while Fenrir hasn't. Though the fact that you need more votes to arrest the king than arrest someone who holds no power in the government may have something to do with it. As well as not wanting to have a succession crisis by potentially causing people to fight over whether Fluffy or Puffy should be the next ruler, as they are twins so who inherits the monarchy from Fenrir is unclear, as generally the succession goes to the older which we obviously do not know. And no one wants to be elected regent for fear of ticking ki users like Jade or Oxyribo off with their actions."
    He points at Ten
    "Your accusatory mindset combined with Oxyribo's and Jade's tendencies towards regicide and anti-authority sentiments has made everyone but Fenrir unwilling to lead! Ki users are seen as dangerous chaotic thugs who could decide to upend the system at any point for their own whims and desires! Unless we show that ki users can be held responsible for their actions, some hope that life can be more than just a bunch of ki users deciding things for them, people are just going to keep living in fear! Something that no amount of ki blasts will destroy! And if you press down too much with the pressure of fear...all you'll get is people turned into wild animals so afraid they're willing to kill anything to survive. I'm a constable, I can handle it. I can stand up to monsters like you. But most people can't. Call me what you will, if I die to your cruelties, at least I'll die knowing I've never been a murderer like you, that I have a clean conscience! At least I actually care about the common folk, rather than viewing them and this entire planet as scenery you can bring back whenever you want like broken toys!

Because I'd rather have things be stable, sane, SAFE rather letting ki users run rampant thinking their personal morality and viewpoints override the society we all follow! Its ten years too late to start changing the system so drastically now, we just started settling down!"
    He is yelling at the end, at this point not really caring and standing his ground despite ten tons of fear and anger boiling inside of him from standing up to a being who can wipe him out with a thought, from dealing with someone so frustrating that its a wonder how anyone could be so patient with her, how anyone could stand this child in front of him. From having similar conversations with other ki users used to getting away with it, only not as smart. How patient are these people that they put up with this Android Ten!? He needed a drink after this. If he isn't dead. He wasn't some great hero or whatever after all. He was only one man among millions, a small part of a bigger picture.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Banton:
    "At least Fenrir knows that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar."
    "Actually, most insects of the order 'Diptera' are more attracted to vinegar as it greater mimics rotting or decaying fruit, which is their natural food source," Starlight said distractedly as she poured over the legal documents. "Also, Ten, if you keep acting out I will call Diamond and-slash-or Vodkana to ground you until you're the gynoid equivalent of 18."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2020-04-16 at 03:22 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

16. - Top - End - #1456

"Can I ask you something? Law enforcement is supposed to be held to higher standards, right? Your' supposed to be good guys who protect people from bad guys?"

"So why are you doing something you know is wrong? You've just admitted that this whole thing is a sham becuase the representatives of the world would rather rest Jade that arrest King Fenrir, and we've already established that there's no evidence for any of JAde's so called crimes, many of which wouldn't have been crimes when they're were done, and many of which are dependant on a worst-case scenario interpretation of well-meaning actions? Especially since you admitted that King Oxy wasn't consulted despite having a right to be present at such a thing. And that you've clearly never actually done any research about him."

MEanwile, in Oxycity

"Look, for the eleventh time, I don't want a parade just becuase I killed the last jackass to rule this place... No, no, you're going to do it anyway... Okay, whatever. I'm beyond carring at this point."

Back at the plot

"Law? The law doesn't exist. It's a made-up concept that was created becuase people are scared. Sometimes it's becuase of people who are scared of being killed by their neighbors, so they make murder illegal. OThertimes it's becuase kings are scared of the people they rule so they make laws to oppress them."

"I don't think I'm above the law. I am above the law. Objectively, it doesn't apply, becuase it isn't possible to enforce the law on someone like me if I don't agree to it and any law that governs what I can and can't do with my power that is written without my input is a violation of my right to decide what I do with my body and my talents."

"The same applies to every Ki user. So when it comes to people like us... You shouldn't think 'illegal' or 'legal,' you should think 'helping people' or 'hurting people.' Ms. Jade's a good person who helps people. Helps people on Earth and all over the Universe. Like, didn't she and her friends just fight off a massive alien invasion and use the Dragon Balls to bring back everyone who got killed? I'd think that would buy her some slack."

"And you want to make her into a scapegoat for a bunch of old Kings who are scared of Ki users. Do you honestly not comprehend how that makes you the bad guy here?"
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-16 at 03:34 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

"Honestly, I just want to know how these laws were created in the first place. No offense to you humans, but there's no way you came up with half of these on your own. Your lawmakers don't even understand the concepts or nuances of time travel or how these Dragon Balls work."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Banton:
    He says to Starlight:
    "Honestly, I'm not sure where these laws came from. For a year, the gazettes said the World Assembly was hotly debating what laws to make in light of all the sudden changes that happened between King Fenrir, extraterrestrial aliens existing, Jade spreading ki-use, suddenly no longer being ruled by the Arcosians, not knowing or agreeing on what to do for a time people were just confused and the crime rate was much higher, then suddenly one month nine years ago they just started passing entire books into law that stabilized things a bit."
    He speaks to Android Ten, sighing
    "I suppose, the answer is like.... trying to explain why a religious man does what he does to an atheist. I am a small, powerless man among titans of ki and culture, weak and unable change anything alone who has grown up amid rules and regulations, amid an environment not following only hurt you. You may believe in good people helping people and thats good, but I believe in everyone helping everyone. I believe that form takes as civilization, as law, as trade, as agreement between everyone involved and that to murder, steal and lie is break that agreement because no one wants it done to themselves- so one should not do it others, the change, the start of that comes from oneself, for civilization is something we all uphold, that we all do our part to make better. What goes around comes around after all. I believe that things can be settled without violence, that change can come without bloodshed. If the system is imperfect- thats okay. Its all a work in progress. Given that we know of a more advanced civilization than ourselves- we clearly have a long way to go, and I probably won't live to see such progress, but that is no excuse to not do my part, to not have faith that this will be worked out without someone dying. Jade can debate her charges and be found innocent. I don't really have a say in the matter and am not supposed to- my job is purely to bring her in. Not to judge. Not to be the jury. but to enforce. Perhaps you may think it a fools ideal, but I personally want a world where the system is more than just some lie backed by a fist. That its something that makes us better, that is not a cage but safety rails and friendly signs telling you not to drink the polluted water and perhaps rules about purifying that water to-something which is....profoundly lacking in our current age of industry."
    He says, Banton's stare growing distant and sad.
    "Okay he's growing sad, lets wrap this up."
    "Jade, does this person speak for you?"
    "No. I can speak for myself. Listen: this being your trying to reason with Banton? Cannot be talked to. I'm still trying to figure how to make sure she doesn't need a supply of quote, unquote "evil people" to keep living and not go on a berserk rampage to kill everyone according to her own words which she has yet to demonstrate. She will keep spouting this philosophy at you, and I cannot guarantee your safety around her. I thought it'd be fine bringing her along, maybe get used to civilization or something- but apparently thats a bad idea with how kill or threaten-happy she is. If she is going to be like this even around normal people like you, I can't go anywhere near a city or people are going to die in droves."
    She breaks the cuffs, sighing.
    "Its for your own safety. I know what cities are like. They're not pretty places. And in these times? They're even worse. She'd eat people for stealing random garbage."
    "Wait what ARE cities like in this time? I mostly traveled the wilderness."
    "Okay, y'know Ankh-Morpork? From Discworld? Like that. But not funny. Or Gotham, but powered by steam, more pollution and no Batman. Victorian society is basically controlled chaos on the verge of erupting into a garbage fire at the best of times, add ki users into the mix and you have the recipe for a french revolution."
    "If Ten here is so dangerous why haven't you taken care of her like you did Hailing then?" Banton asks
    "good question. But not your concern. Masala, teleport these people out of here before they get killed, I need to have a serious talk with Ten here. Whoever you serve- I don't who, Banton- tell them that if we want to discuss what crimes I may or may not have committed, that we do it on a neutral ground with an unbiased judge and that you they can contact to discuss with me how to do that with this special C-Phone."
    She conjures one up, its notably red in color and gives to him.
    "It has my number on it. Don't worry, it can contact me across even the galaxy. Don't ask me how, tech is crazy these days."
    Masala conjures a cosplay Star Rod and teleports the normal humans all away with her power focused through it.

Jade:
    Jade then turns to Ten, gaze fierce.
    "What the hell is wrong with you? Don't give me any of your crazy philosophy stupidity involving the Otherworld, or anything involving legitimacies or lack thereof I don't care. He is a ordinary person, not a ki user. We don't treat them with the same gloves as one does planet-destroying threats. The more I look at you or Oxyribo do stuff like this, the more I realize how right Superman is in how he conducts himself in his position of power- and how little like him you are. So tell me: why in the name of the Kais should I go near any place populated with you around? Because if your going to have a problem with every person who is less than completely moral, there is going to be bloodbaths in the streets. No matter where you go. You might as well kill the entire universe. you think I haven't downloaded pirated music off the internet? punched bullies then took their motorcycle? snarked at a bad film in a theater? Please, there was a time where if I didn't have matter materialization, I would've just stolen everything I wanted or needed with my power. If you think I'm better than any other human deep down? Your wrong. Its only by knowing that I'm not better that I can be. That and luck.

Furthermore I know something of where he is coming from, unlike you or Oxy or the Unkillables or whoever, I know what its like to be as weak as him. I know what its like to be the little girl who heard of the Red Ribbon army getting destroyed out of nowhere and lived when Demon King Piccolo conquered the world or the teenager when Nappa wiped a city off the map then destroyed a military for fun. That kind of stuff is terrifying when your a normal person, makes you wonder whether you'll live to see the next sunrise or not. Whether anyone will. Makes you live every day as if its your last without thinking of how harmful that really is. A normal guy like him, who isn't as cynical, nerdy and individualist as me? can become clingy to institutions and their beliefs in the face of such instability, like people praying to kami during the black plague hoping for any sign of stability or safety they can find, draw strength from it to get through it. In some respects, people like him who can hold themselves to sort thing when the going gets tough, is what keeps civilization going to get through such hard times."

She crosses her arms
    "So really, tell me how you aren't actually a threat and won't cause problems for us. I can't have you eating random people no matter what the reasoning. Because people are going to see that as monstrous no matter what the reasoning behind it is. what am I supposed to do, explain to everyone we come across that your stomach can function as some nonlethal prison? no one will buy that. Frankly I'm not sure I believe it myself, I'm just taking you at your word. While changing this government? I can't pull what I did with Hailing again, that only worked because Apfel was there as the experienced politician to do the hard part of fixing the damage Hailing actually caused by handling the transition as the ruler of an empire gradually handling various willing planets seceding. All I did? was overthrow the guy and be real inspiring while doing it. Your style of solving this kind of thing in short seems very confrontational, when 99% of the time people aren't looking to start a fight or screw people over. Its just that we're ki users so we deal with that crazy 1% of people with too much ki and too little sense. That and maybe I don't want to live in a world where the only thing keeping the strong from stomping out the little guy is a martial artists version of noblesse oblige."
    It made her think that maybe she had been too quick to discard that anti ki tech.
    "So....I'm only telling you this once: If you or Oxyribo think we or ki users can just fiddle with society however we want as if we are the only people who matter....I'm not going to stand for it. I didn't go through that nonsense with Hailing just to have it repeat with him or you. Nor do I want to start going Red Son on the world."
    She crosses her arms, sighing at this. Just when she thought this would be a relaxing stroll about Earth...

19. - Top - End - #1459

"That man has admitted that there's no evidence for your charges and that you're just a scapegoat for rulers who are scared at best or corrupt at worst. If he genuinely believes that you're gonna get a fair trial than he's dangerous deluded."

"...Fine. I'll sit back and watch how this plays out: But the second you get convicted in your sham trial I'm killing the judge and jury who did it, the World Council for being corrupt A-Holes, and that cop for enforcing a warrant he knows is illegal. I'll give you until the judge or Foreman of the Jury or whoever says the words 'guilty' for you to prove me wrong."

"Till then, I'm gonna go cool my head. Have a witness for the defense."

Android 10 vanishes and in a puff of Smoke Oxyribo appears.

He blinks.

"...Why? Just why?"

He seems more annoyed than anything else.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight summoned her phone and sent a message off to Diamond, telling him about the situation with Ten and asking if there was anything he could do to keep her under control. Then she turned to Fakelight.

"Sorry I ignored you," she said. "I had to look over these law textbooks. So ... you're my ... shadow, I guess? To use Persona terms?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

World Assembly: Don't Panic
    Banton returns to the representative and passes on the messages and C-Phone, who passes it on to the World Assembly. They fail to not panic.
    "We're all going to die!!" says one
    "See this is why I voted against this, we can't afford to anger these people."
    "I mean to be fair even if Oxyribo showed up it still wouldn't matter, we counted his vote as against this and it still went through."
    "He won't care about that! he'll just see us as enemies and we all know what happens to those."
    "Can we talk about the fact that there is a second extremely powerful being who threatens people like Oxyribo and has magic? That Jade is trying to keep away from us for our safety?"
    "We'll get to that ridiculous shenanigans if survive Oxyribo's wrath!"
    "Maybe if we drop the charges he'll only kill the person who suggested it."
    "Which one of us did that again?"
    "I'm not taking the fall for this, most of you agreed with me!"
    "and now we regret it! Apparently we're corrupt now."
    "Implying that there ever was a form of government that didn't eventually have corruption? Or that corruption isn't a big part the game of politics in general since the dawn of man?"
    "He won't accept that as an answer and you know it!"
    "Then what do we do!? We can't just wait around for this to all go wrong, we need to start damage control. NOW."
    "Okay, we need to start drafting the apology. We apologize for not including him in this decision at least...also for trying to arrest Jade"
    "Do we really want to cave in to threats though?"
    "We're not caving in to threats we're....preventing a political incident."
    "But I still say we need to hold Jade to what she has done!"
    "Then perhaps we'll just call her on that C-Phone she gave us and SHE can talk to Oxyribo to find out what what will be acceptable...she seems to be able to get through to him, somehow. and she did say to call her to negotiate more neutral terms"
    In a grand turn of irony the person they were trying to arrest suddenly becomes their hope to salvage this.
    "Alright lets start planning out our call so that we do this right..."

Referas:
    The next stuff she says to Android Ten seems purely facetious, like some sort of joke:
    "I hope your happy Ten, I spent my entire life being rebellious and not caring about what society thinks, finally was about to be arrested as a badge of honor that The Man doesn't approve of me, and now I have to downgrade it to something actually legal to placate you and Oxy because apparently what I did wasn't even real crimes like some conformist. I didn't overthrow a government to be lauded as law-abiding person. What do I have to do for people to actually call me out on my nonsense?"
    Jade sighs as she teleports away to be replaced with Oxy, one potential powderkeg for another then.
    "Okay heres the sitch Oxy:"
    She tells him an abridged version of what just transpired.
    "-and basically I'm waiting for their reply back to do this on more neutral terms. Perhaps get someone who can mediate this without bias, or downgrade this to a hearing or meeting or something. And its become clear to me that Earth is experiencing many social problems outside of the two cities the Rebel Alliance has made. Problems that may need rectifying, hopefully peacefully. I may need to ask Celestia about how to go about doing that. Probably should go visit her anyways just to see how she is doing."
    "Hey I did a lot of questionable adventures when I as kid! Why isn't anyone calling me out on that?" Masala complains.
    "I mean you were a kid?"
    "A likely story. Clearly I'm a devious villain with a cover like that." Masala says suddenly putting on detective gear and thinking as if solving a case.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Oxy blinks.

"Okay. I can probably get everything that happened in my jurisdiction dropped if I talk to them and pretend that they're adults who can make rational choices instead of babies who need their hands held. Either they'll accept my sovereignty and take my word as a witness to the actual events or they'll be cowed by the threat of my seceding from the world government and threats to give you amnesty, which would make further actions against you an AC of war against me. Hopefully, it won't come to that."

"If they're reasonable that will probably make them drop this entirely, if not then they'll probably try to get you on everything I can't verify or don't have direct authority over... So basically everything that happened after our first visit to Plant, in which case you're still going to have to deal with this but being forced to back down on stuff will undermine their position and if this is just them being stupid instead of being corrupt that'll make it easier to overturn the rest of it."

"I mean, if they're corrupt we just overthrow them and I have to figure out how to apply the Oxycity model to the rest of the planet but... I only just got it to the point that I don't have to micromanage things on a regular basis."

He honestly sounds more annoyed than anything else.

"Also... Who's Android 10?"

Oxy's only been in the same place as Android 10 once, while preoccupied with Solitus.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

World Assembly: Don't Panic
    Banton returns to the representative and passes on the messages and C-Phone, who passes it on to the World Assembly. They fail to not panic.
    "We're all going to die!!" says one
    "See this is why I voted against this, we can't afford to anger these people."
    "I mean to be fair even if Oxyribo showed up it still wouldn't matter, we counted his vote as against this and it still went through."
    "He won't care about that! he'll just see us as enemies and we all know what happens to those."
    "Can we talk about the fact that there is a second extremely powerful being who threatens people like Oxyribo and has magic? That Jade is trying to keep away from us for our safety?"
    "We'll get to that ridiculous shenanigans if survive Oxyribo's wrath!"
    "Maybe if we drop the charges he'll only kill the person who suggested it."
    "Which one of us did that again?"
    "I'm not taking the fall for this, most of you agreed with me!"
    "and now we regret it! Apparently we're corrupt now."
    "Implying that there ever was a form of government that didn't eventually have corruption? Or that corruption isn't a big part the game of politics in general since the dawn of man?"
    "He won't accept that as an answer and you know it!"
    "Then what do we do!? We can't just wait around for this to all go wrong, we need to start damage control. NOW."
    "Okay, we need to start drafting the apology. We apologize for not including him in this decision at least...also for trying to arrest Jade"
    "Do we really want to cave in to threats though?"
    "We're not caving in to threats we're....preventing a political incident."
    "But I still say we need to hold Jade to what she has done!"
    "Then perhaps we'll just call her on that C-Phone she gave us and SHE can talk to Oxyribo to find out what what will be acceptable...she seems to be able to get through to him, somehow. and she did say to call her to negotiate more neutral terms"
    In a grand turn of irony the person they were trying to arrest suddenly becomes their hope to salvage this.
    "Alright lets start planning out our call so that we do this right..."
    "Come now, there's no need to panic." Of course Maxwell was there, he was a major political influencer after all. "You forget, not only do we have Yankar and Adam on our side, but Project Ascension is mere days away from being completed. All we need to do is simply follow the law and serve those who would oppose it their just summons. Panic is quite unbecoming of the situation, and quite unbecoming of gentlemen like ourselves."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Starlight summoned her phone and sent a message off to Diamond, telling him about the situation with Ten and asking if there was anything he could do to keep her under control. Then she turned to Fakelight.

"Sorry I ignored you," she said. "I had to look over these law textbooks. So ... you're my ... shadow, I guess? To use Persona terms?"
    Fakelight, feels something strange.
    Anxiety.
    It was.. weird. All of her, as fabrication of Vodkana's energy. Would Vodkana feel anxiouse with Starlight?
    Or was it herself, facing the 'real' herself?
    'Pff. Persona is for noobs.' and avoided an eye contact.
    'I was created to be the Starlight, Vodkana could never get. She has destroyed her own clone.... but kept me. She still keeping me.' she said with a sense... of
    envy?
    'She training me, to be a Hakaishin, and I learn the element of destruction, through embracing the culture of trolling and sheetposting on Spacenet.' she explained with a sense of pride.
    'Are you going to kill me?'

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

World Assembly:
    They look at Maxwell
    "Your really that confident whatever your working on can beat them back?"
    "Maybe he should be the one to negotiate...."
    "I disagree with that! He does not represent everyone here. I bring my points I did before: Jade is some galactic protector-celebrity, Oxyribo is an engineered monstrosity who is uncompromising in his views, both have years of combat experience and people who like them on Earth or in the wider galaxy, perhaps its best not to anger them? Oxyribo despite his overthrowing of Solitus marking him as a fierce revolutionary, did not attack or conquer the surrounding areas despite having values that disagree with his."
    "Excuse me, if we make an exception for Jade Refera and Oxyribo, who else do we make an exception for? do we allow yakuza thugs to extort innocents with ki blasts? Do we allow any old ki user to rise up and declare themselves a new dictator and abuse their power? Even if Oxyribo has limited himself and improved his city, that cannot be guaranteed for the rest of the Earth or the ki users that take his example. There are fans of both of these people that see them as symbols and take their actions as philosophy to follow, people we don't want to encourage. He even blasphemously proclaims himself GOD! And we know what kind of people those led to."
    Everyone knew how bad the extremist groups that Jade and Oxyribo inspired were.
    "Indeed, even if he did try, we have failsafes in case we are killed. for one Fenrir is the one truly in power so if he doesn't die, the World Government still is lead by him no matter what he declares, and if he and us die, the power passes on to our various heirs and successors to replace us who will probably be angry that we died since we're their parents, and if they die they have various nobles and such around the globe to replace them, and in the interim of them being replaced we have a World Military General and his various commanders under him able to declare martial law so as to act as if in a war. A Military formed from all the armies in the world. If he truly wishes to overthrow this government, he will have to bloodbath his way through far more than just us. We have so many lines of succession and contingencies that his slaughter would reach genocidal levels. If he is truly only bluffing with his threats and thus more moral than he lets on, he won't risk going that far."
    "Yes by then I'd wager all of humanity would be more angry than thankful at them even if the worst comes to pass. And if he truly monster enough to continue killing that far, then we are right to oppose him, even if we die in the process."
    "Hopefully then, that won't come to pass and Maxwell's warriors can respond in time to protect us. We are essentially banking on this working by calling Oxyribo's bluff."
    "Well then? Should we do it?"
    "Lets. Here goes nothing, lords and ladies."
    they call the red C-Phone and put it on speaker so that everyone can hear and respond.

Jade:
    "Hm. I see. Android Ten is....a bio-android. Except...she looks like smol child. is actually.....eldritch abomination....thing? with powers beyond imagining?"
    She say thinking on Oxyribo's response. She gets a call on her C-Phone and puts it on speaker as well so everyone can reply
    "Hello? This is Jade."
    "Yes we'd like to talk about holding a trial for your crimes."
    "Yeah about that..."
    She tells them what Oxy told her.
    "We see. Very well. Oxyribo should know that his legitimacy is question. He obtained his own government through violent overthrowing of its previous monarch unlike Fenrir who didn't kill a single person, and furthermore is responsible for the creation of the Dragon Balls that led to Fenrir able to wish to rule the world and thus cause this mess. He is partly responsible for this as well, he made it possible in the first place."
    "Furthermore good luck trying to violently overthrow us, we have 350 lines of succession, one for each representative of each state of Earth, plus Fenrir, plus military leaders and bureaucrats set up to inherit the positions of the successors of our successors of their successors of their successors and so on. Our first successors will simply declare you public enemy number one and deny you claim to ruler ship of Earth out of anger, and if you continue killing from there your slaughter will soon reach the level of genocide spanning the globe until your known as nothing but Oxyribo the Butcher. You would not dare go that far, and if you do, we will have been right to oppose you."
    "You don't know the people we can call upon to face you two. You are not unbeatable. "
    "Alright, put it away. I'm not here to escalate this. I just want to get this sorted out so I can start building my school, we don't need to make this a fight. I'm sure no one wants to see blood spilled here. I have a few rules about this sort thing: don't blow up planets, don't commit genocide things like that. I know that your a bunch of victorian monarchs, I'm some postmodernist time traveler, our values are different, we both hate each others guts. I get that, you don't have to like me, I don't have to like you. I know that trying to force my personal values on this era through force won't get me anywhere. I want to make sure that violence is the last resort.

Now: what options can we explore that won't involve conflict? because I always dislike it when my friend Oxy here, feels he needs to kill authority figures and make radical changes. Sure I could probably do the same thing, but I'm simply not confident in my ability to rule effectively. Too much work, I'd probably have work something out with Oxyribo to double check him, these things are complex especially on a planetary scale, I'd be so busy. So tell us why you don't need that much work to fix."

She still is scratching her head at how Oxyribo has enough time in the day to rule effectively, train his body to keep growing stronger and spend time with Pokasuu all at once. Sure infinite energy, but there is only so many hours!
    "We are not dropping the charges entirely, we are not going to let Oxyribo dictate Earth's future by himself. Earth's future is for all of us, all Earthlings to determine together, not for one arrogant god king to decree from on high. Fenrir is at least the devil we know. However we are willing to negotiate which charges we actually try you for to narrow the scope of the trial to the issues we feel are most important."
    "My only demand is for you to drop the charge of kidnapping Masala. She is my adopted daughter and I will not stand for anyone taking her from me, are we clear? I'm sure Oxyribo wants you to drop the charges taking place in Oxy City."
    "done and done. Our Non-negotiable terms are: your negligence in allowing Fenrir to wish upon the Dragon Balls, your own crime of counterfeiting Groundbreaking Science and causing chaos on Earth as a result, reckless endangerment and mass murder via disrupting the space time continuum, and giving away Earth's existence to Hailing in a time of war."
    Jade looks at Oxyribo to see his reaction.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-04-20 at 02:20 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1466

"as I'm sure you're aware, my City was an anachronistically Bronze age level society. Prior to my taking over, killing the previous kind was the default method of succession. And are you really faulting me for overthrowing a murderous, narcissistic tyrant with no regard for the well being of the people he ruled, taking over his holdings, outlawing slavery within those borders, establishing friendly contact with our neighbors despite the previous administration's hostile actions, and over the last decade essentially uplifting the city to modern sensibilities while introducing them to and getting them to accept democracy via the current incarnation of the Elder Council and and creating a utopia where people only have to labor for their own fulfillment? I dare say I'm a better ruler than any of you and therefore far more legitimate."

"Now, it's good that you know that I'm responsible for the Dragon Balls: Do you like not being dead? I didn't do anything to ease your memories so you should all remember the Ork invasion from a few days ago? The one that it was, well, Jade and I and our friends that fought off more or less the whole thing while your representatives made a token showing at most? Remember how billions of people were killed, entire cities were wiped off the map, and the planet itself was greatly damaged? Then remember all of that being undone?"

"You're welcome. I basically already run this planet. Fenrir might have gotten his throne the one time I wasn't around to stop someone from doing something dumb with the Dragon Balls,"
    he mutters about how preventing wishes for world domination was the whole reason he put in the password, "but I'm the only reason that this rock is still here."

"So, I say that you all owe me..."

"Now That 'giving Hailing Earth's location in a time of war?' See, we don't see them much anymore, but we're friends with a couple of members of Hailing's race who were exiled to this part of the galaxy following a rebellion specifically becuase this was a 'lawless, primitive' planet outside of the Arcosion Empire's borders. Hailing already knew, sweeties. There's no crime there."

"Furthermore, Jade didn't travel through time on purpose. Reckless engagement requires her to have actively done something reckless. Someone can't be held culpable for something that happened against their will. Even if she did, you'd never get mass murder to stick."

"All that's left is counterfeiting and... You can't counterfeit a book. You could maybe argue that she committed plagiarism by importing a book without paying the author, but I don't think plagiarism is a criminal matter important enough to be tried by the world assembly."

"Assuming you intend to give her a fair trial, you have nothing that you can charge her with. Absolutely nothing. Since every last one of you owe me an entire country's worth of life depts each, I'd kindly suggest that you just drop this. If you've got a problem with Fenrir I suggest you take it up with Fenrir instead of using Jade as a scapegoat."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-04-20 at 03:07 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Fakelight, feels something strange.
    Anxiety.
    It was.. weird. All of her, as fabrication of Vodkana's energy. Would Vodkana feel anxiouse with Starlight?
    Or was it herself, facing the 'real' herself?
    'Pff. Persona is for noobs.' and avoided an eye contact.
    'I was created to be the Starlight, Vodkana could never get. She has destroyed her own clone.... but kept me. She still keeping me.' she said with a sense... of
    envy?
    "Okay, look, I don't know video games. Persona's what I know, so Persona's what you get."

Starlight was confused. "'The Starlight she could never get'?" she asked. "What does that mean?"

'She training me, to be a Hakaishin, and I learn the element of destruction, through embracing the culture of trolling and sheetposting on Spacenet.' she explained with a sense of pride.
    'Are you going to kill me?'
    Starlight gasped. "Of course not!" she said. "I would never do that! I ... admit it's weird, seeing a dark clone of myself, but I was going to invite you to come to Equestria with us. You are a pony, kind of, I thought you'd like to see where you came from ... kind of."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2020-04-20 at 03:15 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

King Fenrir

King Fenrir sighed. Was this the right decision?
    It was subversion of his original dark dream.
    To pillage and enslave the humans, for beast-folk supremacy.

Masala has changed him... in more then one way. He streched his majin hand to sign another document.
    He understood his error. There were blood on those paws. Fenrir was sure he is going to Hell. But the world was still in peril.
    Fenrir has charisma, power and thousands of loyal soldiers- if he COULD do something for the peace and prosperity, then it was his duty.
    He was tempted to just run away, and live as hermit. But this was the easy way out.
    He acted in diplomacy, using his army only in self defence, but this wasn't enough. Only MAGIC could bring world peace.
    And also... unity... there were so many terrifying outside forces, and Earth was inferior to them in every possible way. When things went wild, he used the oppurtinity, and asked of his sister, the witch Hel to locate the dragon balls.
    Was it the right thing to do?

A crystal ball rang, with a cackling laughter ringtone.
    ".....Yes, Hel?" He sighed. He wondered if involving his sister again in his life was the right thing. She dwelled into the dark arts, and her motives were... wierd.
    "They wanting to sue Jade in your name. Thought you should know."
    "What?!" He growled angerly.

--------

Fakelight snored.
    "Pff. I never played persona. Lol1!. So who quacking care?"
    She avoided a certain question, and replied to the end of Starlight speech.
    "No.' She shook her head, even if surprised from the kindness of Starlight.
    "I am not a real pony. I am a spell. I don't think it would be considered a murder." She said.
    "So... I am not buying your tricks. And even if it was true... I can't be fluffy and nice. I need to be a destruction goddess. So lol. Nope." She shook her head, and against her fears, she didn't teleported away

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Fakelight snored.
    "Pff. I never played persona. Lol1!. So who quacking care?"
    She avoided a certain question, and replied to the end of Starlight speech.
    "No.' She shook her head, even if surprised from the kindness of Starlight.
    "I am not a real pony. I am a spell. I don't think it would be considered a murder." She said.
    "So... I am not buying your tricks. And even if it was true... I can't be fluffy and nice. I need to be a destruction goddess. So lol. Nope." She shook her head, and against her fears, she didn't teleported away
    Likely defying Fakelight's expectations, Starlight merely shrugged.

"If that's what you want, I won't argue. However, I do think it would be a shame not to explore where you came from. Whatever you decide, we will always welcome you. Just like we did Vodkana."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

World Assembly:
    They answer back
    "Well your planning on killing us all in worst case scenario, so we're not trusting you to be fair."
    "I was not aware being a repair man allowed you own what you repaired."
    "Also why are you mad at us? If she broke your rule about the Dragon Balls, both Fenrir and Jade are at fault. Should you not be mad at her as well?"
    "We refuse to back down on those specific charges, they are non-negotiable. Other charges can be dropped, but not these."
    "Okay, moving past this. Whats our neutral judge?"
    "We were never going to be the judge or the jury, just the accuser."
    "But any judge or jury you'd name might be biased to you."
    "But we cannot call upon alien judges for this as this is Earth's jurisdiction, nor is it lawful for citizens of another planet to serve jury duty on a planet where they don't live or care about."
    "So whats our deal here? Any people from Oxy City might be biased towards Oxyribo."
    "So what judge in the world is apathetic to both you and us thats on Earth and can legally judge the case?"
    "A judge from Transylvania can" a strange voice sounds out in the world Assembly
    "After all, ve vampires care not for your outside vorld problems, ve like to keep to ourselves, no? I am only here to say....keep an eye on current events so to speak, report back when important news comes up, though quarrelsome mortals have been changing quite quickly these days over these tiresome new immortals ve care not for who try to change things when transylvania's view is that nothing ever changes. This will all pass like tide. Ve are not against change, ve just don't think its vorthvhile to do."
    "Then transylvania will probably work."
    "Okay then, you tell me where the supreme court is, I'll show up. Anyone else is free to come, What time will it start?"
    They work out a time. It will be...soon. Around say...tomorrow. They will have to get things organized and you will have to build your case but both sides seem to think that given how Oxy has been so confident in his ability to point the flaws in the laws applying that he probably wants to come up with the trials defense case anyways and probably do it well no matter how much time he is given if he doesn't hire someone from Oxy city to be the defense instead. The defense must after all be an advocate of the client, the World Assembly are not going to pick someone for Jade to defend her.

In the intervening time, Jade will teleport to Equestria to meet with Celestia, bringing along the current group. She will greet the guards
    "Hello. I know this is on short notice, but I am Jade Refera and these are my family and friends. We wish to meet with Celestia and wish her well considering her....health."