New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Blades in the Dark: Gangs of Duskovol IC thread

Lucren Novida, aka Smoke

"As long as said claim does not immediately cause issue. I don't see why not."

He gives a curious look around.

"Though, I don't believe I have any experience in hiding such a thing."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Elynn scratches his head for a few minutes. "Them boats got a crew of twenty or thirty sailors. Might be tricky to convince them all ta look the other way when you steal the ship they been living on. And if they think you're pirates... well, nobody likes pirates. Of course, sailors don't much like their bosses either, they're usually just pirates with fancier clothes. The main thing here is that they been smuggling into the city and they haven't been using guild services. So we gotta remind them that bad things happen when you don't go through the proper channels. Whether it's stealing their cargo or stealing their boat... well, I guess it's your call. Hiding an entire freighter's a tricky task. Not quite sure how we'd go about doin' it, but if you got any ideas... might be best to figure that out beforehand."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

"I like pirates...." mumbles the ex-pirate a bit indignantly.

"I believe what Pepper was getting at wasn't anything particularly subtle like attempting to hide it. Just killing everyone who needs to be killed to take control of it, move it to wherever we want, and then crew it with our own people and re-paint and re-name it as our own and such things. Speaking of which, Elynn would you mind asking around for some folks who might be interested in working as part of our crew on a permanent basis? I suppose we could also offer positions to the sailors of the Ilysian Princess, if they seem amenable." Ifriti says.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm just kind of assuming we'll earn at least 4 Crew XP by the end of this and take a Cohort (Gang) Upgrade.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-07-07 at 12:57 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274

Lucren Novida, aka Smoke

"I can't say I am a big fan of violence. Perhaps by nature of my talents. Would there be a way to convince them to abandon the ship?"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

"I cannot think of any convincing argument that doesn't at least use the threat of violence to back it up that would make a crew such as our own to abandon their ship. But if anyone has any ideas I would certainly be open to it." Ifriti replies.

Pepper just gives Smoke a frown like he's ruining her fun.

6. - Top - End - #276

Lucren Novida, aka Smoke

"Well, if violence is inevitable, I would like to find an angle that does not require a frontal assault. I'm suggesting we find a subtle way to...remove the previous crew.

Smoke looks around quizzically. "Do we have a map of the area the ship is docked?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Elynn frowns a little. "Not sure that the Ancient and Honourable Guild of Lightermen, Longshoremen and Stevedores would approve of killing the crew and dumping their bodies overboard. At least, not the able-bodied seamen. Officers and taskmasters, sure, but not the crew. The ship isn't docked, that's the problem. It's riding out the storm a half mile offshore. They usually hire scabs to smuggle something into the city, and we want to put a stop to that. Might be able to scare the crew into abandoning ship or something, that'd be one solution."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Ifriti word for word repeats the information about the job Elynn gave them while giving Arden an annoyed look for not paying attention his first day on the job.

9. - Top - End - #279

Lucren Novida, aka Smoke

Smoke looks at the nearest available map of the nearest shoreline to where their target sits.

"You say they hire scabs? Could we possibly be hired as such?

It would be much easier to take out the leadership if we make in onto the ship first, without suspicion.

The only alternative I see to us getting onto that ship is to attempt to approach it at night with our lights out."

He looks at Elynn.

"Do you know how they hire their scabs?"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Pepper frowns, "That's a clever idea... except that we'd be doing the job without gear or weapons."

11. - Top - End - #281

Lucren Novida, aka Smoke

Smoke gives Pepper a sly smile.

"Or just the small stuff."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

"Elynn do you know how many people are the ones running this crew? Because I don't think we're going to be able to take out more than three people with just switchblades and the shirts on our backs." Pepper asks, still frowning because she at this point thinks Smoke is just assuming everyone here is particularly skilled with blades when as far as she knows, he's the only one.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"The ship probably has a crew of about 30, maybe? Officers and crew. They sent in a boat before the storm to hire scabs. Probably the damn Skovish, they don't respect our ways. Trying to undercut us. Think they're in some flophouse in silkshore now."

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Another day passes under the relentless storm. Eventually it starts to lighten. The driving rain turns to a fine drizzle. The river is flowing high, but not yet at the flood stage. The city breathes a sigh of relief, since the corvee will not be needed this time. An old sailor turns up at the wherry soon after. "Elynn sent me," he pronounces. "Name's Creston Powell. Retired lighterman. Wants me to help ya out off the books. This here's my sister's son, Sunil. He'll be helping us." A sullen teenager looks you over, and sniffs. They help get the wherry unmoored, and pointed downriver. The sails remain furled as the swift current sweeps the wherry downriver. Travel is light, although picking up. Deliveries still have to be made, storm or no storm. Out at sea, the waves rise high, and the wherry struggles to get through them, although Creston expertly steers the boat through the heavy seas. It is difficult for the landlubbers, the inky black sea below and the smoky black skies above. The only light is the glow of the city to the south, and the strange constellations under the sea. The boy climbs the mast and shouts out directions to a light he sees off in the distance. The boat approaches the waiting freighter. As it closes in, a loud hail comes from the ship.

"You the loading crew? You're ****ing daft to be out in this mess! Your skin, but our cargo! Tie up and come aboard," the voice shouts from the freighter's deck.

15. - Top - End - #285

Lucren Novida, aka Smoke

Smoke nods as readies to climb up the frieght deck.

"Try to keep conversation to a minimum. One less thing they can remember about us." He says, quietly to the others behind him.

As he gets to the top of the deck he does his best to survey the area, just in case.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Pepper gives a grunt in response and Ifriti just gives a nod as they follow along after Smoke.