Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 61

Thread: AVB - The Plaza

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default AVB - The Plaza

    Aldhaven City Streets

    One of the main thoroughfares of Aldhaven is Mastiff's Road. It is currently filled with all manner of people, though few seem to stand out to you. The Plaza, arguably the center of the city, sits right in the center of the flow of life through the city, where Midtown meets Old Town. To the north is Old Town and the Nobles' Quarter; to the south and east is The Market. The Guildsman district, to the northeast, is where most of the hard work of the city is done; to the west is the Temple District and Mages' Quarter. Far to the north, on the other side of the river, is The Docks, slowly being rebuilt after a catastrophic flood, and a wide swath of destruction that was once decrepit Slums.

    Here you stand in the heart of the city, watching people come and go, functioning as the very lifeblood of the city. The most prominent building in the area is a multi-story inn named The Sad Flint. It is known as the place to be for relaxing adventurers and those seeking a good story, a good drink, or a good night's rest. Across the Plaza from The Sad Flint is Ezekiel's Supplies, one of two major suppliers of adventuring and exploration gear in the city. Numerous other shops line the sides of The Plaza, including a music shop named The Howling Song, Jim Juweliers's Gem Jewelry, Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos, Sendungen Imports, Ranuna's Superior Toppers, and numerous other shops and merchant carts.

    The main roadways of the Plaza are kept mostly clear of vendors, but veritable bazaar of carts and temporary stalls jostle for position in the center of the Plaza each morning, bringing new, interesting goods and services each day. The few legal locations for mobile stalls are fiercely fought over by small vendors, each jockeying for position and claiming the best prices in town. In the center of it all is a large fountain, topped by a statue of King Alben Rosen, fair and just ruler of Aldhaven, who now lies sick and dying... or so the rumors go.

    There is a pair of bored-looking city guards near the fountain lazily keeping an eye on the goings-on within the plaza. They are there to keep the peace, which seems rather quiet for now, although a fair amount of traffic exists.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-02-07 at 02:24 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    The Town Crier

    The most up to date news in the city!


    Announcement: King Alben Rosen has announced the engagement of Isolde Rosen, his only child, to Archduke Wolfram Rocholl, the heir designate to Aldhaven! Festival to commence two months from this date!



    Rumor: Rumors of King Alben's failing health seem to be gathering strength, though the royal family continues to deny them. He has made no public appearances since the announcement of his daughter's engagement.



    Rumor: They say that a gnomish dignitary was recently assassinated after he entered the city to negotiate an alliance between the gnomish nation and the Kingdom of Aldhaven! It's been said that they have threatened war, but nothing official has yet been stated publicly.



    Open Opportunity: Registration for the next semester at the Aldhaven Royal University of Scientific Esoterica begins immediately.



    Rumor: Reports of missing persons in Old Town have increased. It is believed some sort of evil cult is at work in the area.



    Announcement: The Tallest Spire! The Royal University of Scientific Esoterica's biennial climbing event! Test your strength and skill! Fabulous prizes! Become the Spirehawk!



    Job Offer: An elderly woman stands near the statue of the king imploring anyone who looks like a big, strong warrior type to please help her. So far, everyone who has stopped to listen to her has refused to help.



    Rumor: Rumors have begun circulating that ancient ruins have been found buried just outside of the city walls. The farmer who owns the land is allowing people to pay a small fee to enter into them and keep whatever relics they can recover.



    Job Offer: A druid named Hallethil, who tends a sacred grove in Temple, seeks a collection of exotic reagents for a sacred ritual. Anyone willing and able to provide the reagents would be well rewarded.



    Job Offer: Individual or team of strong character and sharp mind needed to recover stolen item. Inquire of Islabera at Sendungen Imports!



    Job Offer: Local innkeeper seeks Professional Exterminators to resolve a minor rat infestation in his basement.


    Spoiler: Town Crier Message Types
    Show
    Announcement: This is a purely informational entry. Announcements are usually tied to some large scale ongoing story within the city and may or may nor have events or quests tied to them.

    Rumor: This is a widely spread rumor. Whether or not it is true is uncertain, and the specific terms are unknown. Finding out more will take significant effort of one kind or another.

    Open Opportunity: This is an opportunity which multiple players may claim and may or may not be time sensitive. In short, a quest which doesn't end once completed but can usually only be completed once per player.

    Job Offer: This is essentially a quest. A character will usually have to pass some sort of preliminary screening to acquire a particular job. Should more than one player acquire a specific job, only the first player to complete the quest will receive the reward.


    Spoiler: Completed/Expired Entries
    Show




    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-02-19 at 10:38 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    [reserved post]
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    A rather short woman with jet black hair, piercing blue eyes, strolls into the Plaza and takes a look around. She draws the eye of several nearby men by her tight, rather form-fitting leather armor accented by semi-ornate metal plates along her forearms, shoulders, and shins. A bandoleer of sharp throwing daggers is strapped to her right thigh, within easy reach of a hand that never strays far from them, fingertips constantly brushing the hilts, ready to draw on a moment's notice. Her left hand rests casually on the pommel of the short sword at her side. Her gait is even, relaxed, and her gaze aloof, trying to avoid the overly aggressive merchants peddling their wares.

    As she crosses the center of the busy bazaar, she reaches the fountain with the statue of the local royalty perched atop it.

    Meh. I've seen better looking kings than that, she thinks as she takes a seat under its stony gaze and spends some time just watching the crowd.

    After a time, she eventually notices the old woman seeking help from the big warrior types.

    Good luck, you old hag. You're going to need it to get one of those to pay attention to the likes of you. Now, if you had a shapely figure and showed a little cleavage...

    Ugh! Fine! Shut up brain. I'm going. I'm going...


    Setting her steps directly towards the woman, she shoves her way through the crowds and calls out to her.

    "Old woman! You seem to have problem that you need some musclebound oaf to solve for you. Tell me what it is, for I might know someone that can help you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Italic dark blue is personal thoughts.
    "Bright blue with quotes" is speaking aloud.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A rather short woman with jet black hair, piercing blue eyes, strolls into the Plaza and takes a look around. She draws the eye of several nearby men by her tight, rather form-fitting leather armor accented by semi-ornate metal plates along her forearms, shoulders, and shins. A bandoleer of sharp throwing daggers is strapped to her right thigh, within easy reach of a hand that never strays far from them, fingertips constantly brushing the hilts, ready to draw on a moment's notice. Her left hand rests casually on the pommel of the short sword at her side. Her gait is even, relaxed, and her gaze aloof, trying to avoid the overly aggressive merchants peddling their wares.

    As she crosses the center of the busy bazaar, she reaches the fountain with the statue of the local royalty perched atop it.

    Meh. I've seen better looking kings than that, she thinks as she takes a seat under its stony gaze and spends some time just watching the crowd.

    After a time, she eventually notices the old woman seeking help from the big warrior types.

    Good luck, you old hag. You're going to need it to get one of those to pay attention to the likes of you. Now, if you had a shapely figure and showed a little cleavage...

    Ugh! Fine! Shut up brain. I'm going. I'm going...


    Setting her steps directly towards the woman, she shoves her way through the crowds and calls out to her.

    "Old woman! You seem to have problem that you need some musclebound oaf to solve for you. Tell me what it is, for I might know someone that can help you."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Italic dark blue is personal thoughts.
    "Bright blue with quotes" is speaking aloud.
    She looks at you with disdain for a brief moment, the look you often get from older women when the word "trollop" goes through their minds. It passes quickly though, much to your relief. She seems to be in average health for her advanced age, but she appears to have a touch of palsy, her hands never quite able to cease their slight tremble.

    "It's my only son. He has-hasn't been to to visit me this week..."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    She looks at you with disdain for a brief moment, the look you often get from older women when the word "trollop" goes through their minds. It passes quickly though, much to your relief. She seems to be in average health for her advanced age, but she appears to have a touch of palsy, her hands never quite able to cease their slight tremble.

    "It's my only son. He has-hasn't been to to visit me this week..."
    Her face scrunches at the statement. Really? I mean. Really?

    "Really? That's what you're upset about? I haven't visited my mother in... I don't know. Years. Kids grow up, leave home, and don't look back. It happens."
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Her face scrunches at the statement. Really? I mean. Really?

    "Really? That's what you're upset about? I haven't visited my mother in... I don't know. Years. Kids grow up, leave home, and don't look back. It happens."
    She looks even more worried now.

    "But. But he visits me every week. Sometimes twice a week. Do do you think he's he's forgotten about me?

    No! That can't be it! Something bad has happened. I know it! I need someone big and strong to go help him!
    "
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    She looks even more worried now.

    "But. But he visits me every week. Sometimes twice a week. Do do you think he's he's forgotten about me?

    No! That can't be it! Something bad has happened. I know it! I need someone big and strong to go help him!
    "
    "Yeah? Must be troublesome... So, let's say I know someone who can look after him for you. Where should I send them? Is there some kind of reward?"
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    "Yeah? Must be troublesome... So, let's say I know someone who can look after him for you. Where should I send them? Is there some kind of reward?"
    She seems a little suspicious but writes out an address for you.

    "His house is here, just outside of town. If he's okay, and your friend can get him to come see me, I'll give him my necklace. It's a special necklace that Willis gave me some years ago before he passed, but I don't ever wear it anymore these days. Maybe your friend will give it to you like my husband did. Oh, I think that would just be so sweet. Now run along deary. I'll wait here until you return or I hear from my little Ferdinand."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    She seems a little suspicious but writes out an address for you.

    "His house is here, just outside of town. If he's okay, and your friend can get him to come see me, I'll give him my necklace. It's a special necklace that Willis gave me some years ago before he passed, but I don't ever wear it anymore these days. Maybe your friend will give it to you like my husband did. Oh, I think that would just be so sweet. Now run along deary. I'll wait here until you return or I hear from my little Ferdinand."
    She tries to smile as pleasantly as possible at the clearly muddle-brained old hag.

    "Oh, but of course, sweet and charming indeed, much like your son, I'm sure. I'll have my 'friend' check in on him immediately."

    She quickly excuses herself and heads across the Plaza to Ezekiel's Supplies and quickly ducks inside. She peeks out the shop window to see if the old lady is watching her, mostly out of paranoia, then starts to browse through the store.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    She tries to smile as pleasantly as possible at the clearly muddle-brained old hag.

    "Oh, but of course, sweet and charming indeed, much like your son, I'm sure. I'll have my 'friend' check in on him immediately."

    She quickly excuses herself and heads across the Plaza to Ezekiel's Supplies and quickly ducks inside. She peeks out the shop window to see if the old lady is watching her, mostly out of paranoia, then starts to browse through the store.
    You find your way to a private thread.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    A very tall, well-muscled dragonborn steps out of the Sad Flint, taking in the sights of the Plaza around him. Most of him is covered by a well-crafted, well-fitted full plate armor, with a pair of large wings sprouting from his shoulders and a tail from his lower back, covered in dark blue scales.

    He carries a spear with a relatively short shaft and a wickedly barbed tip, which is currently covered in a small leather sheath. He strides across the Plaza with determination, halting at the fountain to strike up a conversation with the bored-looking city guards.

    "Have you heard of this rumor about people going missing?" he asks, somewhat brusquely.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    The guard gives him a bored look and sniffs once to clear his nose before wiping the back of a gloved hand across it.

    "Yeah, them's rumors alright. Nothing much to them, just local flavor for the tourists. Everything is fine. You're perfectly safe in Aldhaven."

    "Right. What he said," adds the other guard.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    The dragonborn harrumphs, the movement of his head seeming a bit put-down. "I see," he says after a moment, in a flat voice. "Are you absolutely certain? You're not brushing me off to avoid the guard looking bad?" Raerc turns his head towards one then the other as he speaks. "I was thinking of looking into the matter."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    The guard bristles at the insult for a second but just rolls his eyes and waves you away dismissively.

    "Move along, lizardman. Everything is under control, and you have no need to worry. Some kid ran away from home, the parents got too worried, and that started the rumors. There's nothing to them."

    He doesn't seem to be lying, but he also seems thoroughly uncooperative.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Stepping with confidence, a very short man enters the plaza, his dark clothing standing out in the early day's light. In contrast to that, his brown hair glistens in the sunlight and his face is open and inviting. Curiosly, a steady trickle of tears falls from the corner of his eyes, leaving a faint gleam of moisture. A sturdy staff taps the cobblestones as he makes his way, tucking this way and that between travelers and residents, between the wealthy and the needy, his goal almost aimless as he slowly approaches the fountain. His ears pick out rumors and words of trouble as he saunters up, his cloak moving more with his movement than any particular current of air, turns and then hops up to sit on the edge of the fountain. He leans on his staff, the top of it just coming so that he can rest his chin on it, and closes his eyes, listening quietly to the currents of voice that run through the square. As people pass, they find themselves momentarily dwelling on unhappy memories. Their paces stutter a moment before they carry on, sunlight returning to their minds as they pass.

    The halfling's face is morose as a rumor comes to him, of ancient ruins found. Truth or lie, an opportunity for gain. Perhaps I should pay the good farmer a visit...

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Rolling Binding check for Focalor, with a -5 to give up the Water Breathing feature in exchange for a 3rd level spell slot.

    (1d20+7)[14] vs. DC 20


    EDIT: Boo. No water breathing, no spell slot, and a lot of sad Aldrick.
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2018-02-09 at 05:37 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Stepping back out into the Plaza from the shop, the woman scans the crowd, what she can see of it anyway. An unruly mop of brown hair catches her eye.

    No. It couldn't be.

    Sneaking her way closer to keep out of his sight, the woman slips from one knot of people to the next until she's close enough to pounce.

    "Aldrick!" she exclaims as she snatches his shoulder. "It is you! What are you doing way out here in Aldhaven? I haven't seen you since you skipped out on us to go apprenticing."
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Taelas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Raerc freezes for a second, as he goes over in his mind what he just heard.

    "... Did you just... call me a lizardman?" he asks slowly, taking a step closer to the guard and looking down on him. "I am dragonborn!" he snarls, his tail slapping the ground with considerable force to underline his words.

    With a growl, he walks on past them, heading towards the Old Town district.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    Raerc freezes for a second, as he goes over in his mind what he just heard.

    "... Did you just... call me a lizardman?" he asks slowly, taking a step closer to the guard and looking down on him. "I am dragonborn!" he snarls, his tail slapping the ground with considerable force to underline his words.

    With a growl, he walks on past them, heading towards the Old Town district.
    Wandering northwest out of the Plaza, Raerc finds his own private thread.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Stepping back out into the Plaza from the shop, the woman scans the crowd, what she can see of it anyway. An unruly mop of brown hair catches her eye.

    No. It couldn't be.

    Sneaking her way closer to keep out of his sight, the woman slips from one knot of people to the next until she's close enough to pounce.

    "Aldrick!" she exclaims as she snatches his shoulder. "It is you! What are you doing way out here in Aldhaven? I haven't seen you since you skipped out on us to go apprenticing."
    The halfling spins around, a moment of tense aggression passing in a heartbeat before he opens his arms and embraces the leather-clad woman, tears streaming down his face as he laughed with joy. ”Skipped out indeed! I’ve been wandering for a while, doing this and that...” He pushes free of the embrace and takes a half are back, holding the woman’s shoulders as he stares intently at her face.

    “Oh Vanessa, if you only knew how good it is to see you! I’m so VERY tired of all these tall folk everywhere! But tell me, what are you up to? I haven’t a plan for the day yet, though I heard rumor of some farmer with some ruins...”
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2018-02-10 at 09:32 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    "For now, I've agreed to go check up on some guy for some old lady. Promised me her necklace as payment or something. Not sure it's worth the trouble, but I figure it's something to do.

    More widely, I'm here because there wasn't anything left for me in the last town, or the one before that, or the one before that... I figure maybe a big city will have more for...

    Are you crying? I didn't think seeing me would make you that happy."
    She starts to laugh at Aldrick good-naturedly, though she tries to hide it behind her hand and fails.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2018-02-09 at 10:57 PM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Chuckling, Aldrick wipes his cheeks... an effort with little real results. "It's a.... condition, I suppose you might say. Still, even without it they would be tears of happiness." He pauses, looking about and then back at her. "Is there any chance you'd like some company? I haven't seen you in ages, and you look... competent, for lack of a better word."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    While taking a look at the Town Crier in the plaza, the little woman thinks, Hmmm, the job of getting the reagents sounds more interesting then other stuff I've heard, "So Jiji this means going to the Temple. Does that sound okay?", as an answer he just mewls. "Okay, but I'll first check if there's anything interesting in Ezekiel's Supplies."
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2018-02-12 at 02:29 AM.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.
    Avatar by linkele

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Chuckling, Aldrick wipes his cheeks... an effort with little real results. "It's a.... condition, I suppose you might say. Still, even without it they would be tears of happiness." He pauses, looking about and then back at her. "Is there any chance you'd like some company? I haven't seen you in ages, and you look... competent, for lack of a better word."
    "Sounds like a good enough plan. I'd be glad to have someone I can more or less trust to watch my back," she says with a smirk.

    She compares the two addresses for the locations outside of the city and finds that they're not too far apart, on the same side of the city anyway.

    "Looks like we can knock out both of these in an afternoon, if we're lucky. Wouldn't mind hiring some muscle though, just in case. I saw a beefy looking dragonborn just a minute ago that might have fit the bill, but he seems to have wandered off somewhere. Maybe we should try the Flint or something?"
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Nodding, he concentrates for a moment, letting the pulse of sadness that had been washing around him fade. He reaches out to loop arms with Vanessa and with an almost jaunty step makes his way into the Sad Flint tavern.

    "That sounds as decent a place as any to find a fellow person of use."
    Last edited by PeacefulOak; 2018-02-10 at 08:02 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    While taking a look at the Town Crier in the plaza, the little woman thinks, Hmmm, the job of getting the reagents sounds more interesting then other stuff I've heard, "So Jiji this means going to the Temple. Does that sound okay?", as an answer he just mewls. "Okay, but I'll first check if there's anything interesting in Ezekiel's Supplies."
    The woman talks to her cat about what she plans to do for awhile, trying to make a decision...

    ((I need you to declare an actual action before I can respond to it.))

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Nodding, he concentrates for a moment, letting the pulse of sadness that had been washing around him fade. He reaches out to loop arms with Vanessa and with an almost jaunty step makes his way into the Sad Flint tavern.

    "That sounds as decent a place as any to find a fellow person of use."
    Aldrick and Vanessa head into the Sad Flint.

    The Sad Flint is just as it always is, seemingly unchanging but never quite the same. The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

    A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

    Barmaids of several different races weave in and out of the crowd, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and while some of the more drunken patrons try to pick them up.

    Several of the patrons catch your eye:

    • A warforged with a slimmer than average frame sitting near the back waves a drink in the air, sloshing its contents as he animatedly tells stories of adventures to the small group gathered around him. He swills what's left in one long gulp, and one of those listening orders another round for him.

    • An older male halfling with thick white hair and thick glasses pours over a pile of maps at a table near the door. He wears plate mail, but the glowing holy symbol around his neck and lack of any visible weapon leads you to believe him to be a cleric rather than a warrior.

    • A male human sits lounging near the fire, his chair leaned back precariously and his boots propped on the table. As you enter, he glances at you briefly with piercing gray eyes from under stringy, thinning copper hair before his gaze turns back to the fire, apparently deciding you're not too interesting. He wears part of a set of full plate armor, the rest piled haphazardly on the table next to his feet, a bastard sword and longbow balanced next to them. His revealed skin is covered by thick tattoos and numerous scars.

    • A tall, well-muscled elf in a heavy green-brown cloak sits at a table alone near the middle of the room. It takes a second glance before you realize the elf is a woman as you watch her messily tear her way through a slab of meat, chewing off chunks without using utensils of any kind, a total lack of manners unusual for an elf.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Walking into the bar, Aldrick stifles a snarl at the towering height of the majority of the patrons of the bar. The bartender gets a raised eyebrow, somehow managing to both offend his morals and appeal to them at the same time. He scans the room, noting the variety of nearly-adventurous types. "Hrmph, far too tall for my tastes, most of these. What do you think, dear? Ahh, wait, there's one." He weaves the crowd directly towards the halfling, pausing a moment to wave his staff over his head to get the attention of the barkeep or a waiter.

    Stopping at the table with the elderly halfling, he taps his staff gently on the floor and clears his throat. "Good day to you, sir. By any chance, would you be at all interested in a brief stroll outside the city, perhaps with the opportunity for goodly works and adventure?"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Vanessa looks across the crowd and makes her way over to the elvish woman.

    "Greeting, friend elf. The meat here any good?"
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    Walking into the bar, Aldrick stifles a snarl at the towering height of the majority of the patrons of the bar. The bartender gets a raised eyebrow, somehow managing to both offend his morals and appeal to them at the same time. He scans the room, noting the variety of nearly-adventurous types. "Hrmph, far too tall for my tastes, most of these. What do you think, dear? Ahh, wait, there's one." He weaves the crowd directly towards the halfling, pausing a moment to wave his staff over his head to get the attention of the barkeep or a waiter.

    Stopping at the table with the elderly halfling, he taps his staff gently on the floor and clears his throat. "Good day to you, sir. By any chance, would you be at all interested in a brief stroll outside the city, perhaps with the opportunity for goodly works and adventure?"
    He looks at your startled, as if he had forgotten that there was anyone else in the room.

    "Oh my! Adventure? Oh, dear. Oh dear dear dear. No, no. I don't think that would be good. No, see, I'm trying to locate Ondeglast. It's a kingdom, you see. Ah, but here's the tricky part. Quite tricky, really. It's lost! Now, how does one go about losing a whole kingdom? You might ask, as well you might! As well you might!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriah View Post
    Vanessa looks across the crowd and makes her way over to the elvish woman.

    "Greeting, friend elf. The meat here any good?"
    Through a mouth stuffed full, she manages to say, "S'good. Getsom."
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AVB - The Plaza

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    He looks at your startled, as if he had forgotten that there was anyone else in the room.

    "Oh my! Adventure? Oh, dear. Oh dear dear dear. No, no. I don't think that would be good. No, see, I'm trying to locate Ondeglast. It's a kingdom, you see. Ah, but here's the tricky part. Quite tricky, really. It's lost! Now, how does one go about losing a whole kingdom? You might ask, as well you might! As well you might!"
    Blinking at this onslaught of thought expressed, Aldrick hops up onto a chair and leans his staff against his shoulder. Tenting his fingers, he leans in towards the elderly halfling, only half-feigning interest. "Now, that is truly a question worthy of pondering! Do you have any idea how such a thing might have happened? Where was this city before it vanished, or is it more of a legend that you pursue?"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •