New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Help with a jackal race

Hi guys I willlike some help here, for my Egyptian/Amonket campaign. I did check the Khenra but it’s not the concept I was loooking for, a more wisdom, cleric/ temple protector oriented so I decided to use another write up.

Now, instead of creating one I will like to re-skin one of the existing ones. Thought about using the stats of the Firbolg, they have the wisdom bonus, protector feel, but not sure...

Any suggestions...?
    Avatar courtesy of the Awesome & Talented Ceika.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Help with a jackal race

Can you help us help you? What system is this even? What existing stats do these races you mentioned have and which ones fail to meet what you envision for this new race you are creating? As it stands, there is too little information for us to work with.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Here’s a race I used in a pathfinder game awhile back

The Redeemed

+2 WIS +2 DEX -2CON

Monstrous humanoid

Medium size

30 feet move speed

Scavengers: +2 On all fortitude saves and +2 on all survival skill checks

Zealotry: knowledge (religion) is always a class skill

Sharp teeth: 1d6 bite attack

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks guys! I should started with that. I’m using d&d 5e system and Race-wise I am going to use:

Annakites - Goliath. Once valued slaves, they rebelled against their masters a hundred years ago and relocated to their own fortress.

Human - Variant Human stats.

Lizard folk - With crocodile head features instead. Called the children of Set.

Jackal folk - Faithful servants of Anubis. Race stats, tbd.

TBD - Tabaxi. Faithful servants of the Sphinxes. Treasure and secret collectors.

No flying races, at the moment.
    Last edited by Nheko; 2018-02-08 at 12:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Nheko View Post
    Thanks guys! I should started with that. I’m using d&d 5e system and Race-wise I am going to use:

Annakites - Goliath. Once valued slaves, they rebelled against their masters a hundred years ago and relocated to their own fortress.

Human - Variant Human stats.

Lizard folk - With crocodile head features instead. Called the children of Set.

Jackal folk - Faithful servants of Anubis. Race stats, tbd.

TBD - Tabaxi. Faithful servants of the Sphinxes. Treasure and secret collectors.

No flying races, at the moment.
    Okay, this is more information than before. However, could you give us a rundown on the stats of the Kenra and Forbolg you were considering and give reasons why you think they won't work for the Jackal race you have in mind?
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

I wanted a race that had more link to a divinity, and I didn’t get that vibe from the Khenra it wasn’t their stats, I liked the Firbolgs concept of protection of nature.

However I think I got it. I will just use the Revenant (human) template from UA Gothic Heroes. They are the secret of the Church Anubis. Created for different purposes within the Church, which they keep as secret. The process of their creation is not revealed to anybody outside the high level of their clergy.

What do you think?

I will use the Firbolgs instead of the Goliaths for the Annakites, and will place their fortress in a hidden oasis where they try to expand the green upon the world.
    Last edited by Nheko; 2018-02-08 at 12:46 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

I wanted a race that had more link to a divinity, and I didn’t get that vibe from the Khenra it wasn’t their stats, I liked the Firbolgs concept of protection of nature.

However I think I got it. I will just use the Revenant (human) template from UA Gothic Heroes. They are the secret of the Church Anubis. Created for different purposes within the Church, which they keep as secret. The process of their creation is not revealed to anybody outside the high level of their clergy.

What do you think?

I will use the Firbolgs instead of the Goliaths for the Annakites, and will place their fortress in a hidden oasis where they try to expand the green upon the world.
    I am more confused than ever. Have you been asking us to help you figure out stats or the flavor text of your race?
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

The stats, however I came with the flavor ideas just now as we spoke. Really sorry about the confusion, it wasn’t my intention.
    Last edited by Nheko; 2018-02-08 at 12:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

The stats, however I came with the flavor ideas just now as we spoke. Really sorry about the confusion, it wasn’t my intention.
    Ah, okay. Just for reference, when you ask for help determining stats for a race in comparison to other races, especially ones you were thinking of just re-flavoring to fill your needs, it helps to provide us with the stats in question as well as telling us precisely which parts aren't working for you. The more detailed information you can give people, the better they can help you with your requests.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Ah, okay. Just for reference, when you ask for help determining stats for a race in comparison to other races, especially ones you were thinking of just re-flavoring to fill your needs, it helps to provide us with the stats in question as well as telling us precisely which parts aren't working for you. The more detailed information you can give people, the better they can help you with your requests.
    I think that just posting here ignited my creativity. I will more precise and detailed on my requests in the future.
    Last edited by Nheko; 2018-02-08 at 03:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

I think that just posting here ignited my creativity. I will more precise and detailed on my requests in the future.
    Well, yeah, that happens. This is that kind of place. :P
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Probably not-picking but shouldn’t the “lizard-folk” be children of Sobek and not Set?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    Planeswalking from Kamigawa to an unnamed Plane. Where I was immediately attacked by a giant beast.