Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748
Results 1,411 to 1,432 of 1432
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: (D&D 5e) Eldritch Dissonance OOC #2

Quote Originally Posted by Seanfall View Post
    It's bascially just a meme, whenever someone gives you a lot of info, some of which makes you go 'wtf?' you throw up that image.

It's Comedian John Mullany also known as the voice of Spider-Ham from Into the spiderverse.
    Ahh yes, my apologies. I am not familiar with many memes really, so I would be incredibly unlikely to get any of them. Anyway, thanks for the context.

Are the squares 5 or 10 feet each on the map? Cause if it's 5 I can get to my spot in one shot. 10 and I can't until next round.
    The squares are just 5 feet, so it is totally possible. I don't quite understand why you decided to have Zaddion do that though, because all the enemies could just move forward next turn and thwart your plan, but okay then.
    5e Monster Features Index

My D&D 5e homebrew

The Necronomicon: >30 Page Lovecraftian Supplement

The Investigator Base Class Won 3rd place in the 1st GitP 5e base class contest

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I forgot to position the Elemental. I have it for 24 hours, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Let's hope the Shoggoths don't have a ranged attack, cuz it would really suck if Zaddion loses concentration.

@Gluteus: Don't you also have the Balgura?
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-02-02 at 01:46 AM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Troll in the Playground

Has it been more than an hour? Ok, well I was confused then. Either way with disadvantage his chances of saving each time are 1/400. He has to roll a crit to break free

EDIT: as a side question, are summoned-through-magic monsters' attacks magical?
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-02-02 at 01:20 PM.
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

@ Zergrinch

I am aware that the farleft shoggoth was effected by ego whip, the damage it was dealing was because of a passive feature involving its movement, not an attack caused by an action. That was not a completely useless choice though, because a decent amount of their damage output still comes from active attacks with their pseudopod, which would have certainly hit someone otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post

EDIT: as a side question, are summoned-through-magic monsters' attacks magical?
    Technically speaking, no monster attack is magical unless it says so in the statblock. But I think it is reasonable to say that an elemental or a demon's attacks would override immunity to nonmagical damage, so their attacks would still behave the same under houserule.

My D&D 5e homebrew

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I don't quite understand why you decided to have Zaddion do that though, because all the enemies could just move forward next turn and thwart your plan, but okay then.
    He's gonna Eldritch Blast them next round. Zaddion has 3 beams, and if each beam hits, that would be enough to pull one of them 30 feet -- off the cliff, inflicting nice fall damage. In addition, it should also take it out of the fight for at least a while. I recommend that Left be targeted because (1) it's not dodging, and (2) if successful Gluteus is free to assist 2D8HP against Farleft without eating an attack of opportunity.

Also, note to DM -- have you deducted Farleft's health by 16 damage from Zaladane and 5 damage from Lily?
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-02-03 at 11:21 AM.
    Now Playing

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Do you mean the one that's bearing down on the Earth elemental and Diggory or the one in front of Brann?

That is the Farleft one you hit with Ego whip or just the one on the left?

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Second from the left. Otherwise Zaladane and Lily are gonna have a real bad time.
    Now Playing

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Troll in the Playground

Could you increase Brann's HP by 50 please? he has that many temp hit points due to Tenser's Transformation.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    He's gonna Eldritch Blast them next round. Zaddion has 3 beams, and if each beam hits, that would be enough to pull one of them 30 feet -- off the cliff, inflicting nice fall damage. In addition, it should also take it out of the fight for at least a while. I recommend that Left be targeted because (1) it's not dodging, and (2) if successful Gluteus is free to assist 2D8HP against Farleft without eating an attack of opportunity.

Also, note to DM -- have you deducted Farleft's health by 16 damage from Zaladane and 5 damage from Lily?
    Keep in mind that Grasp of Hadar only works once per turn, so the maximum amount Zaddion could pull something in a round is 10 feet. He cannot just pull something 30 ft. away with a single turn.

As for the hit point reduction for Farleft, I thought that I did, but a quick check of the battle statistics screen seems to imply that I did not. I shall do that now.

Do you mean the one that's bearing down on the Earth elemental and Diggory or the one in front of Brann?

That is the Farleft one you hit with Ego whip or just the one on the left?
    The shoggoth on the Farleft is the one who was hit by the Ego Whip and is in front of Diggory and the Earth Elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Could you increase Brann's HP by 50 please? he has that many temp hit points due to Tenser's Transformation.
    Duly noted, I shall add it in.

My D&D 5e homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Keep in mind that Grasp of Hadar only works once per turn, so the maximum amount Zaddion could pull something in a round is 10 feet. He cannot just pull something 30 ft. away with a single turn.
    Aww crud.

Okay then, plan B. As action, create windswept cube from Investiture of Wind centered at O8. This might push them away by 10 feet, at least, and send Right crashing into Left.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-02-03 at 09:39 PM.
    Now Playing

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I honestly thought Grasp of Hadar worked like Repelling blast. In that it worked per shot. If I had realized it didn't I'd have taken Repelling blast. But *sigh* Zaddion is just doomed to be this odd mess of abilities isn't it?

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Zaddion cursed his slowness, he flew in closer and used his power over wind to conjure a swirling vortex near one of the monstrosites in hopes that it would push them into one of the other ones.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

As per Zergrinch's instructions conjuring a 15 foot cube of wind at N7

It's save...it's a con save. So it needs a 9 or higher to succeed.

[roll0]

Damage: Oh wait it's immune... *sigh*

That attack would actually hit both the Right and Farright Shoggoth, so roll a save for both of them. Also, go ahead and roll damage against the both of them, as the immunity is only against nonmagical bludgeoning damage. It's pretty safe to assume that damage from spells is magical. Otherwise, I would be highly confused as to what is going on with spells if they aren't magic.

My D&D 5e homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay well the Farright Shoggoth actually failed it's save.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yo 2D8HP, you still in? Or shall we just use you as cannon fodder?

Also, paging Illiven and Gluteus Maximus. If you guys skip another turn, I think we may as well throw in the towel and end the campaign in a defeat.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2019-02-04 at 10:57 PM.
    Now Playing

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Okay well the Farright Shoggoth actually failed it's save.
    Technically pushing the farright shoggoth 15 ft. back would leave it just at the very edge without falling off the cliff, but screw that let's go for RAC. Its going off the side, and given its movement speed, it better not come back.

Also, paging Illiven and Gluteus Maximus. If you guys skip your turn again, I think we may as well throw in the towel and end the campaign in a defeat.
    I think it may be best to just form a Diaspora game where I create another OOC thread for me, you and Seanfall and we just finish the game with us three left. I would allow the two of you to create one more character and have me or the one of you control it. If 2d8 HP, Illven or Gluteus Maximus care enough to still play then they will notice this post and ask to be let into the new OOC thread, and I shall allow them to enter without question. But I am not going to go out sending PMs, if they don't want to play then I shall respect their decision and not nag them on it. This seems more elegant than just booting out the rest of the party.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-02-04 at 11:05 PM.

My D&D 5e homebrew

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Diaspora?

It is a Monday...though they could at least check in.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Diaspora?

It is a Monday...though they could at least check in.
    Diaspora when used in a secular, figurative sense refers to when a group of people decide to permenantly meet outside of their regular meeting place. In this case, the new meeting place would be the 3rd OOC thread and the ďDiasporaĒ would be the process in which we moved to it.

Also, @ Seanfall, feel free to change out Grasp of Hadar for another eldritch invocation. Itís technically not allowed until Zaddion levels up, but I think it is reasonable to let you do so because you misunderstood what the invocation did.

My D&D 5e homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

:D Thanks I know repelling blast would help us a lot right now...but taking that would feel kinda cheap. But it's useful in other situations. I'll go back over my options. I'll post in the OOC when I've changed it.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Colossus in the Playground

Also, paging Illiven and Gluteus Maximus. If you guys skip another turn, I think we may as well throw in the towel and end the campaign in a defeat.
    I was at work, I'm sorry!

Knocks at door, can I be let in.
    Last edited by Illven; 2019-02-05 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

To prevent this campaign from failing, I am going to need to be much more restrictive with posting rate. I have seen dis-satisfactory involvement from 2d8HP, Illven and Glutteus Maximus which has caused frustrations to the other players who actually are posting. If you don't think that you can handle the posting rate anymore, then you don't have to say anything else and can slip quietly away now without any explanation for your leaving. But if you do believe that you can manage the posting rate, move to this new OOC thread here and announce your presence. If you announce yourself in the new thread within the next 72 hours then you are promising me that you shall continue playing and adhere to the posting rate. Do not join this thread if you don't believe that you can handle it. I am not going to shy away from kicking people out this time, because my lack of doing so has clearly sapped the fun out of the game for active players. If you do not announce yourself as continuing to play, then I will assume you have quit and you will not be allowed to continue playing. No exceptions shall be made for this.

I am sorry if I seem too aggressive for this. I promise you that I am not enraged at any of you, I am simply trying to make the game the best it can be. This is not done out of spite, it is done out of necessity.

Deadline in... (sorry, my normal clock system isn't working).
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-02-05 at 10:38 PM.

My D&D 5e homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I was at work, I'm sorry!

Knocks at door, can I be let in.
    You certainly have the opportunity to continue playing.

My D&D 5e homebrew