Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Tomb of Annihilation: Team Zhentarim (IC)

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Team 1 / Team Wacky Races / Team Zhemtarim

Team 1

Player
    Character
    Race/Class
    Sabinaurea Clara Whistlewindle Rock Gnome Life Cleric
    Candlejack Gurg Half-Orc Bard
    bc56 Ferrus Lesvaneth Triton Sorcerer
    stack Ulrich Longhall V. Human Rogue
    WhismurWanders Geod Earth Genasi Ranger
    WoodrowLand Roy "Red" Howler Gnoll Monk

For the past several days, the talk of the streets and taverns has all been about the so-called death curse:
    a wasting disease afflicting everyone who's ever been raised from the dead, even some names of heroes you have heard of are rumored to be inflicted. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied. When they finally succumb, they can't be raised-and neither can anyone else, regardless of whether they've ever received that miracle in the past. Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region, and possibly the entire world.

You all find yourself Kidnapped. The means of how it was done is simple enough, you all were knocked out when alone and carefully dragged into a covered wagon. You awake with your faces covered and find yourself magically unable to speak. Your hands and feet are chained together and something wraps around your waist that prevents you from moving to much. You can hear the clanging chains and such of your fellow party members indicating prisoners other then yourselves. Suddenly a gravely voice obviously belonging to a Half-Orc bellows the back of the moving wagon.

"Good, seems like you're all awake.
    You all can calm down you are in no danger of dying as long as you behave. You have all been... lets say 'employed' and your employer wishes to speak to you all, in person but a certain amount of secrecy is needed. You can't know where you are going but that will fact will have no impact on your well-being or honorable payment upon completion as long as you're all nice little employees. When we stop the constraints that prevent you from moving will be removed and you all will politely march in a line being led my friend Ogrun here. We want to get on with our day so co-operation with all this would be appreciated. Going to have Ogrun get rid of the spell that is keeping you silent, however, if anyone decides to be uncivil about the right to speak, that right will be removed until your employer needs to speak to you."

You feel the spell dissipate and your ability to vocalize returns.
    Last edited by Ra_Va; 2018-02-13 at 01:27 AM.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tomb of Annihilation: Team Zhentarim (IC)

Ferrus looks around, trying to see through his blindfold. When he can't, he calls out, "Who else is in here? I'm Ferrus Lesvenath. Any idea what they want with us?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Well this was definitely not how Red saw his day going. One minute he was out meditating and the next here he is. He would be listening to the voice talking as he turned his head, though blinded, to the half-orc talking. First kidnapped and now they were told to do a certain job? Well Red decided to wait to hear the job, it might be one that he would be fine doing. When the spell lifted off Red said "Thank you." Then he let out some growls and barks, though they were soft, like a canine speaking.

Spoiler: Gnoll speak
    Show
    There's more polite ways to hire someone.

When Ferrus spoke Red turned his head and said "The name is Roy Howler. Though most call me 'Red'. It is nice to meet you Ferrus." He said.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Waking from a groggy sleep, the first thought that came to her head was that Will and Lethan were playing some kind of trick on her. She wouldn't put it past her brothers to tie some shoddy sailor's knots and lock her in the fermentation cellar, hoping it would convince her not to set out on her travels. Silly children. At least they meant well.

The harsh grunt of the orc broke through her thoughts and immediately her mind swung into focus. Willing herself not to panic, Clara tested the strength of her bonds - they were tight, but not cutting off circulation. She could feel the rope around her wrist and waist were taught against something or someone else. A shiver went down her spine as the silence spell was lifted, and she heard a cautious voice call out from above her. Another voice chimed in, followed by a series of unintelligible barks.

"Hello?" she started to reach out with her hands and felt some kind of fabric or fur - a leg perhaps? She pushed back the fear and tried to put on her most cheerful voice. "Hello, I'm Clara. Where are we?"
    Last edited by Sabinaurea; 2018-02-13 at 10:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Geod groans as the spell is lifted. Part of him wanted to make some noise just to get gagged again. Waking up hungover in a cart driven to who-knows-where wasn't an experience he was exactly relishing. He speaks up to their mysterious driver, though the volume of his own voice pains him a little. "Look, if this's about the bet Master Stiffwaters made, you can tell him he shoulda known that bettin' a sailin' man to drink is an unhealthy and expensive hobby." He sniffs and leans back against whatever is behind him. After taking a deep breath, he listens to the others as they introduce themselves, trying to keep them in order as best he could."The name's Geod, lads, though 'Hey biggun' will do in a pinch." He chuckles at his own little joke, though a bump in the road jolts him enough to make him feel a bit queasy, his voice returning to mumbling complaints in Primordial under his breath*.

Spoiler: Primordial
    Show
    *"Stupid bet weren't even worth it, the winning's barely covered the ale..."
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-02-13 at 10:02 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Bound, blindfolded, and magically gagged is definitely not a nice way to wake up. Gurg grits his teeth and stirs around a bit, groaning. "And here I was, hoping I'd just had a few too many last night. Next time, buy a guy a drink or two before tying him up." The burly half orc feels out his limited mobility, confident that he could break free of his confines, but not so confident he could do it without drawing attention and ending up right back at square one. He nods at the sounds of the others, "Nice to meet you all. I'm Gurg. Too bad the circumstances suck, I'm sure you're all great people." He turns his head to face the mysterious half orc stranger's direction. "So, you've got a job for us? This had better be good..." He grumbles.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Ferrus grins through the darkness at Geod.
    Show
    "At least someone speaks my native tongue. Do you know what's going on here?"
    "Is the dog in here somebody's pet, or is it with our guards?" He addresses everyone.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Red would be listening to everyone and nodding. When Clara put her hand on his leg he turned his head again as she introduced herself and asked what everyone is asking in a sense. Red let out a calm and warm chuckle as he said "It is nice to meet everyone." He said nodding. When Ferrus asked about the dog Red cleared his throat and said "Ah, uh sorry. That...well, that was me..." He said. As of now no one knew what he was, well except the guards. But he was brought up to be honest as well so he couldn't just lie.
    Last edited by WoodrowLand; 2018-02-13 at 12:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Ulric moans, shifting to find a more comfortable...well, less uncomfortable position. "This is the second most ominous thing that has happened to me walking away from a tavern." He coughs. "If we are introducing ourselves, I am Ulric Longhall, student of ancient ruins. This is not the usual method for obtaining my cooperation, though I suppose it is not unheard of in the field either."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    "And here I was, hoping I'd just had a few too many last night. Next time, buy a guy a drink or two before tying him up."
    Geod winces behind his blindfold. "Trust me Gurg, it's not as good as you think. Jostled around in a lopsided cart with only a dark cloth to orient yerself ain't the place to have last night's drink tossin' around in yer belly."

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Ferrus grins through the darkness at Geod.
    Show
    "At least someone speaks my native tongue. Do you know what's going on here?"
    "Is the dog in here somebody's pet, or is it with our guards?" He addresses everyone.
    Geod snorts in mild amusement before answering again in Primordial*, his Terran accent harder and guttural than some of the other dialects of Primordial that existed. He switches back to Common to speak again to the full group. "So that's what, four, five, six voices? Quite a job if you need to kidnap such a crew to get it done..."

Show
    "Wish I knew, stranger. Been a while since I've heard someone else speak the tongue though, I'll give ya that."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Ferris speaks to everyone, first in Primordial, then in Draconic, since he's confident that the half-orc does not speak those languages.
    Spoiler: Primordial/Draconic
    Show
    "I'm going to try to influence our jailer with magic.
    If this works, we might be able to find out what's going on here.
    Excuse me! I need to use the head."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Ferrus is trying to convince the jailer to come back here so that he can cast Charm Person on him. If a Cha check is needed, I can roll in the OOC.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-13 at 01:04 PM.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

As she hears Ferris call out to the guard, Clara stills and listens carefully, trying to pick up clues as to where their captors have taken them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception check rolled in OOC thread

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Ulric relaxes himself, making ready to react to whatever the guards to in response to the enchantment.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

The half-orc audibly sighs angrily and picks up a wooden bucket and walks up to ferrus and places it next to him.

Anything Else?

Spoiler: Clara
    Show
    You mostly perceive a sense of stench, unkept horses and people but not like literally dirty barbarians, more third rate civilized area, where such a stench is inescapable, however there are no true clues to where you are, no unique noises or overly discernible accents.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

When the half-orc speaks up, Ferrus knows where his target is. He casts Charm Person on his captor, hoping that he can squeeze some information out of him.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

cool Re: Tomb of Annihilation: Team Zhentarim (IC)

Ferrus attempted to use charm person on his captor but the restraints block the spell from being cast. The wagon comes to a stop.

"Looks like we're here. Single file people."

The restraints fly off as you and the wagons covering comes off. The destination was a impressive structure. A sky piercing black tower with the symbol of the Zhentarim on the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Ra_Va; 2018-02-25 at 07:10 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Ferrus looks up at the tower. "Great. I didn't even do anything, and I've been captured by organized crime. At least the restraints are off."

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

"My thanks." Red said as he had his restraints removed as he would streatched a bit and let out a small growl and yelp as he did so.

Red would look up at the tower, not one to be included in many gossip circles for obvious response he would think if the symbol was recognizable.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

As the shackles are removed, and Geod's eyes drift towards the imposing tower, he grimaces at the sudden change in light. The steps he takes down from the wagon when ordered are a bit shaky as he attempts to gather his bearings and steady himself. When he spies the symbol on the door, he snorts in mild amusement. He gently ribs Ferrus with his elbow and jests, "I think it still needs a little somethin'. A big sign that says, 'We're up to no good.' Or an old woman that just stays by the front door cackling." He looks around, curious as to how many people have been tasked with shepherding them into the imposing doorway.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"That is the second most imposing tower I have seen this year. I think a few skulls would go a long way though. Style matters." Ulric quips, rubbing his wrists.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hopping down from the wagon, Clara surveys the looming tower and her travelling companions with equal trepidation. She'd seen tall, gawky humans and stout halflings passing through her hometown but this set of captives were furry and scaley and all different colors. Not to mention - the green one had mentioned organized crime? What had she gotten herself into?

As they shuffled forward she tried to not lose her footing and bump into the legs around her. It's ok, she thought, trying to calm her growing fears. We can sort this out. And you haven't gotten to know these...creatures yet. Smiling faintly, she remembers a saying from an elder at home: "All folks are the same when they're ten flagons in." Maybe this would turn out ok?
    Last edited by Sabinaurea; 2018-02-27 at 09:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

FYI, Ferrus' skin is light blue, not green. His hair and clothes are green, however.

Ferrus will be constantly at the ready. If someone tries to restrain him again, he'll try to hit them with Shocking Grasp and run away.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Gurg's mood improves considerably just having his restraints removed. He looks up at the tower and whistles, impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    "That is the second most imposing tower I have seen this year."
    "That's what she said! Gurg blurts out, giving it a long cricket filled pause afterwards. "Sorry, I couldn't resist."

Quote Originally Posted by Sabinaurea View Post
    Smiling faintly, [Clara] remembers a saying from an elder at home: "All folks are the same when they're ten flagons in." Maybe this would turn out ok?
    Gurg actually smacks Clara on the back heartily for this one - though he has the courtesy not to put his full strength into it, not wanting to actually hurt the little gnome. "Haha! Ain't that the truth? Orcs have a similar saying - "Beer good."

Gurg returns his attention to the tower. "So, what are the chances that tower is home to something not terrible?"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

The Tower door swings open seemingly by itself and you are all escorted to the top of the tower. The Half-Orcs seem to be ignoring your chatter. The top of the tower is a simple room. Guards wearing blacksteel uniforms stand equal spaces from eachother along the sides of the room, armed with spears and shields.

"Kneeling would be a good idea about now, not for your employer he doesn't care but his guards can get a little frisky if you don't know respect."
    Last edited by Ra_Va; 2018-03-02 at 07:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Ferrus does not kneel, but he tries very hard not to look defiant. He looks to see what his "employer" looks like.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Kneeling was something that Roy was not accustomed to. However that did not mean he was disrespectful. He would cup his hands together and did a monks bow when he sees this 'employer'.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Gurg shrugs casually and then kneels as instructed. He tosses an annoyed look at Ferrus and Roy when the refuse to do the same.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Geod looks at the mixed responses, and decides to bow. Without much of a way to defend himself, the last thing he wanted was an altercation, even if he had half a mind to give the snooty guards some most likely unwanted advice chased by a string of insults. He groans slightly as he goes down on one knee, wondering what kind of person their employer was. Someone who apparently stood on lavish displays, given what they had gone through, but someone who apparently didn't stand much on pomp and ceremony. Curious.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Best to follow local customs, I suppose. Ulric thinks, kneeling as instructed.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Clara watches as her larger companions kneel and bow, most of them towering over her even then. Eyeing the guards she takes a place between Gurg and Ulric and drops comfortably to her knees. She smiles faintly at the irony - having spent many hours praying in this exact position - and decides to whisper a brief prayer to her god.