New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

A few years ago, Felandria won a Magdonald's franchise at an auction, and business was.......fine.

Luckily, there was a lot of room in the back.

What was once a mere burger joint is now Skyside's premiere spot for fun, food and frivolity.

The main area of The Olympian is the arcade, all the latest games and classics as well, with plenty of ticket and redemption machines, and of course no Nexus arcade would be complete without the Super Ultra Mega Pin The Knife On The Duck Hyper Overdrive Remix Deluxe Remastered '18.

To the left of the front door are the Meeting Rooms for large functions, next to those is the new indoor Glow in the Dark Mini Golf Course and Bowling Area.

Continuing our circular tour, we find the area for redeeming your tickets, one can tour them in for candies and plushies and even nicer stuff than that, if you can even imagine.

In the back, there is the Simulation Center, where guests can experience all kinds of thrilling adventures without ending up a smear on the ground.

Then the bathrooms.........

But then, the new Escape Room area with two different themes: Escape From The Space Station and Escape From An Awkward Family Gathering

By now you need a drink, one would imagine, luckily we've reached the bar and restaurant portion, where servers dressed in togas deliver drinks and delicious delights.

Several different meats are roasting on spits, just ask and a server will stuff some meat in a pita bread for you.

And of course, if the fancier menu items aren't your cup of tea, the full Magdonald's menu is available as well.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

A gentleman enters. He is short, balding, and wearing a suit, tie, and monocle. He has a cane with a silver dragon's head on the handle strapped to his belt. He is focused on what appears to be an oversized remote control, which he fiddles with constantly. However, his arrival is overshadowed by what enters behind him. A hulking machine, 8ft tall, finishes holding the door for the gentleman. It has a jack-o'-lantern for a head, and its arms are a metal tentacle and an organic one.

The gentleman goes up to the counter and orders a pita, then, once it arrives, sits down to eat it. The other creature stomps over to stand next to him.

After a while, the pair leave.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-19 at 06:57 PM.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

A pair of people enter The Olympian.

Winds is a young man with loose black hair, grey eyes staring a thousand yards away, a katana at his side, and no shirt.
    Chevin is an almost-life-size silver metal statue of an old-timey aeroplane pilot. Well, at first glance. Most statues don't move or wear clothes or have such detailed rust-red hair. Shi drags Winds over towards the arcade, where they seem to have some trouble picking out a game.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    A pair of people enter The Olympian.

Winds is a young man with loose black hair, grey eyes staring a thousand yards away, a katana at his side, and no shirt.
    Chevin is an almost-life-size silver metal statue of an old-timey aeroplane pilot. Well, at first glance. Most statues don't move or wear clothes or have such detailed rust-red hair. Shi drags Winds over towards the arcade, where they seem to have some trouble picking out a game.
    Felandria, because she is the best suited for the job, is nearby rearranging some of the machines to reduce bottlenecking.

She sets a pinball machine down and greets her customers.

Hi, welcome to the Olympian!

How can I help?

5. - Top - End - #5

"Hello Felandria. We're-" begins Winds.
    "Do you have any games that can be played by ear? Without looking at them?" Chevin cuts in. "Player Two can't pay attention to the whole screen at once, so I always lose..." shi 'explains', not necessarily making a lot of sense.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

As a matter of fact, yes we do!

We recently got a new game called ASMR Fever, you put on headphones and listen closely to the 3D audio, trying to find the treasure by following the sounds, it’s fun AND soothing.

7. - Top - End - #7

"That sounds perfect. Don't you think so, Winds?"

"You know, I hear some of the best pinball players never looked at the ball."
    All the same, he looks around for the treasure hunt game.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-03-19 at 11:02 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

"That sounds perfect. Don't you think so, Winds?"

"You know, I hear some of the best pinball players never looked at the ball."
    All the same. he looks around for the treasure hunt game.
    Right this way.

You direct yourself with a joystick that trembles more the closer you get.

I think you’ll enjoy it.

Fel will lead the pair to the fun game.

9. - Top - End - #9

The pair follows Felandria to the game and put on their headphones, slot in the necessary quarters, and start playing.

Chevin is quickly engrossed in it, but Winds plays carelessly, barely touching the joystick while he keeps his eyes open and watching other players throughout the arcade, waiting for the moment that a machine starts to move, or he spots a glint of gold appear atop one of the game cabinets.
    This is the hour.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

The pair follows Felandria to the game and put on their headphones, slot in the necessary quarters, and start playing.

Chevin is quickly engrossed in it, but Winds plays carelessly, barely touching the joystick while he keeps his eyes open and watching other players throughout the arcade, waiting for the moment that a machine starts to move, or he spots a glint of gold appear atop one of the game cabinets.
    This is the hour.
    Felandria smiles and turns around to take another look at the layout.

Funny, she didn’t remember putting the candy claw machine next to the Kung Fu Panda.......

11. - Top - End - #11

Actually, does she remember putting in that Kung Fu Panda box at all?
    Is that in fact a video game of martial arts animals displayed on the screen at all?

We may never find out, as Winds suddenly springs into action. In one swift motion he turns, draws his katana, and hurls the blade through the Kung Fu Panda game cabinet, likely destroying the screen in a shower of sparks and glass.
    "Drop the token and back away from the machine, Seeker." He orders the alarmed customer who was playing it up till that moment.
    With his other hand, he guides his character to the hidden treasure without missing a beat.

Chevin harrumphs briefly at having been defeated yet again, and without even a visual impairment to blame it on! Shi doesn't seem bothered by the sudden violence. Indeed, was half-expecting it. This visit to the arcade is just like shi remembered it would be.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, does she remember putting in that Kung Fu Panda box at all?
    Is that in fact a video game of martial arts animals displayed on the screen at all?

We may never find out, as Winds suddenly springs into action. In one swift motion he turns, draws his katana, and hurls the blade through the Kung Fu Panda game cabinet, likely destroying the screen in a shower of sparks and glass.
    "Drop the token and back away from the machine, Seeker." He orders the alarmed customer who was playing it up till that moment.
    With his other hand, he guides his character to the hidden treasure without missing a beat.

Chevin harrumphs briefly at having been defeated yet again, and without even a visual impairment to blame it on! Shi doesn't seem bothered by the sudden violence. Indeed, was half-expecting it. This visit to the arcade is just like shi remembered it would be.
    Felandria sees her machine get a sword through it and whimpers.

That was one of her favorites, she was pretty good at it.

Wh....why?

13. - Top - End - #13

"Sorry Felandria sir. Your game was about to become possessed by dark forces. It had to be destroyed." Chevin turns to Fel and shrugs, as if to add 'these things happen, what can you do?'

The alarmed customer shakes his head. "This isn't how it was supposed to go! This isn't what they told me would happen."

Winds stretches out his hand. Without moving, the sword is in his grip again.
    "I have changed how it's going to go. Leave now with your life, and forget about all of this."

The alarmed customer looks between Fel, and the swordsman, and the broken machine, thinking.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Sir...

As she is mourning her panda game, she puzzles over the claim of possession, then notices that the customer who was about to play is is acting a bit squirrelly and suspicious.

How what was supposed to go?

15. - Top - End - #15

Yes, sir, Felandria sir!

The customer (I can neither confirm nor deny the claim that they're actually a dozen squirrels stacked in a trenchcoat) takes a step back. "The seeking of- I was going to leave this awful world behind once and for all! Who cares what happens here afterwards? And you ruined it!"

Winds starts walking towards the guy, slowly, deliberately.
    "However far you ran, we would still be there."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-03-26 at 10:13 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, sir, Felandria sir!

The customer (I can neither confirm nor deny the claim that they're actually a dozen squirrels stacked in a trenchcoat) takes a step back. "The seeking of- I was going to leave this awful world behind once and for all! Who cares what happens here afterwards? And you ruined it!"

Winds starts walking towards the guy, clowly, deliberately.
    "However far you ran, we would still be there."
    Hey!

This world isn’t awful, it’s great.

It has adventure, kitties, magic, teddy bears, alcohol.....

And how was Kung Fu Panda Dojo Mojo going to help you leave anyway?

17. - Top - End - #17

The customer scoffs. "Cute animals are just a distraction-" Winds is three steps away.
    "-and adventures are usually not so great except in TV shows." Two steps.
    "The game, when I finished playing I would have had His program; with that I'd have undone the Nexus! He raises the sword again.
    The unlucky customer throws himself back and runs, fleeing the Olympian.

Winds sheathes his sword and chuckles.
    "You know, most people like that, they're too far gone to talk down. But you did good."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lucky for Mr.C that the unlucky customer just leaves when he wants to enter. its allways a mess to open those human sized doors without hands or a body larger then the door knob.
    The small green stuff animal makes his way right to the restaurant, which will sure cost him aroun 15 Minutes. He should have taken the winged armor on, but he wears a suit or at least a Mr.C version of that.

Finally reaching a table he stops the first free server.
    "Excuse me, what is the most meatisch meal on your menu and many meat will it have?" an odd request.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

The customer scoffs. "Cute animals are just a distraction-" Winds is three steps away.
    "-and adventures are usually not so great except in TV shows." Two steps.
    "The game, when I finished playing I would have had His program; with that I'd have undone the Nexus! He raises the sword again.
    The unlucky customer throws himself back and runs, fleeing the Olympian.

Winds sheathes his sword and chuckles.
    "You know, most people like that, they're too far gone to talk down. But you did good."
    I’m sorry, I’m still having trouble, what was he on about, undoing the Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Lucky for Mr.C that the unlucky customer just leaves when he wants to enter. its allways a mess to open those human sized doors without hands or a body larger then the door knob.
    The small green stuff animal makes his way right to the restaurant, which will sure cost him aroun 15 Minutes. He should have taken the winged armor on, but he wears a suit or at least a Mr.C version of that.

Finally reaching a table he stops the first free server.
    "Excuse me, what is the most meatisch meal on your menu and many meat will it have?" an odd request.
    The first free server will be Sierra, a perfectly normal young human girl (as far as things are concerned around here) in a toga, she crouches down to talk to the tiny fella.

Well, hey there, you.

As a matter of fact, you can have a seat over here near the spit, where we have some delicious meats roasting, I’m sure we can serve you up just much meat as you need

20. - Top - End - #20

Chevin feeds some more quarters into the ASMRF machine. Maybe with a little more practice...

"One who conducts certain rites in an arcade can obtain a certain cursed item whose own proper name I will not tell you, but is His microprocessor, which lets them access an overlay dimension in which they have a sort of solipsistic omnipotence. What he didn't believe was that He cannot be barred from the overlay, and so he would inevitably return to the Nexus to seek and destroy. Interacting with my family so rarely ends well for mortals. Better to cut him off early." As Winds speaks, 'he' refers to the squirrelly customer, while 'He' refers to something else entirely.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Chevin feeds some more quarters into the ASMRF machine. Maybe with a little more practice...

"One who conducts certain rites in an arcade can obtain a certain cursed item whose own proper name I will not tell you, but is His microprocessor, which lets them access an overlay dimension in which they have a sort of solipsistic omnipotence. What he didn't believe was that He cannot be barred from the overlay, and so he would inevitably return to the Nexus to seek and destroy. Interacting with my family so rarely ends well for mortals. Better to cut him off early." As Winds speaks, 'he' refers to the squirrelly customer, while 'He' refers to something else entirely.
    Does it matter what kind of machine they perform the rites with?

And is there some kind of protection spell I could get to counteract such a thing?

22. - Top - End - #22

Winds shakes his head sadly.
    "Any machine, any arcade, any city. There's no protective magic against something like this. Although maybe make sure the machines only take exactly the right kind of token. That might help."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Winds shakes his head sadly.
    "Any machine, any arcade, any city. There's no protective magic against something like this. Although maybe make sure the machines only take exactly the right kind of token. That might help."
    Well....

Ooh, I could make tokens!

Octagonal ones with my face on them!

Cause I don’t want anyone summoning scary things into here especially with the younglings present.

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    I’m sorry, I’m still having trouble, what was he on about, undoing the Nexus?

The first free server will be Sierra, a perfectly normal young human girl (as far as things are concerned around here) in a toga, she crouches down to talk to the tiny fella.

Well, hey there, you.

As a matter of fact, you can have a seat over here near the spit, where we have some delicious meats roasting, I’m sure we can serve you up just much meat as you need
    Mr. c nods and heads for the offered place. It will take him a while, since he is small.

When he arrives or if anyone picks him up, were he will be very upset, he looks at the offered meet.
    "So what can you tell me about what I see here?" he asks Sierra if she got te patience to wait until he arrived.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Well....

Ooh, I could make tokens!

Octagonal ones with my face on them!

Cause I don’t want anyone summoning scary things into here especially with the younglings present.
    Winds nods approvingly.

"Strict Felandria-tokening should help keep them out."
    "Chevin, come on. We've got an appointment to save a spy's family."

"Already? I'm just about to find the treasure!"" shi protests.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Mr. c nods and heads for the offered place. It will take him a while, since he is small.

When he arrives or if anyone picks him up, were he will be very upset, he looks at the offered meet.
    "So what can you tell me about what I see here?" he asks Sierra if she got te patience to wait until he arrived.
    Yes, we have several meats roasting right now, beef, chicken, pork, lamb, turkey.

We serve it either by itself, or we have pita pockets you can fill with whatever meats you like!

- - - Updated - - -

Winds nods approvingly.

"Strict Felandria-tokening should help keep them out."
    "Chevin, come on. We've got an appointment to save a spy's family."

"Already? I'm just about to find the treasure!"" shi protests.
    Oh no, what happened to the family?

27. - Top - End - #27

"Hmm, give me Pork, Chicken and beef. And no pita." he holds up his little paws which. "I'm not the typ of customor for finger food. It would be nice if you can cut the meat into pieces, non bigger then myself."

28. - Top - End - #28

"Looks like kidnapped by flying saucers."
    "That's awful-ish and all, but why don't we just report it to the space police?" Chevin drawls, finally winning a round. Easy when you have no competition!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

"Hmm, give me Pork, Chicken and beef. And no pita." he holds up his little paws which. "I'm not the typ of customor for finger food. It would be nice if you can cut the meat into pieces, non bigger then myself."
    Sure thing, darling.

Sierra will quickly rustle up a quite large pile of the trio of meats in convenient bite sized cubes.

- - - Updated - - -

"Looks like kidnapped by flying saucers."
    "That's awful-ish and all, but why don't we just report it to the space police?" Chevin drawls, finally winning a round. Easy when you have no competition!
    F....flying saucers?!!?

This is one of those gaps in Felandria’s knowledge, she doesn’t quite know what those are.

Like full of milk?

30. - Top - End - #30

"They're a kind of spaceship, sir. Shaped like a dish, but upside down, and they usually spin. And much bigger than a milk saucer."
    Chevin's actually guessing about that. It's one of those gaps in hir knowledge. They weren't big on flatware, though shi thinks there's a memory about saucers here somewhere. Saucers and cats?

Winds, sighing, is dialing the space police tip line.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-04-09 at 08:45 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine