New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"A fair trade." Not really, but Tethrik has more of those knives, and he doesn't use them anyway. "If you meet someone else with one of them, and they ask where you got it, don't tell them, and you may want to stab them just to be sure. Got it, kid?" And that's not suspicious at all. The knife is definitely not stolen property or anything.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

[Balcony]

Zara pauses when he's done with his warning advice. "Ah, I see. It 'fell off the back of a truck'." She mutters the last part, though loud enough that she can still be heard. "No matter, it's mine now. Don't worry, Tethrik. I won't say anything." She knows how to be discreet, after all.

Before she woke up today with all her memories, she'd have been less pragmatic and returned the knife. Now, though... it's hers now. Finder's keepers.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

It's a little more than just stolen, but that's not super important right now. "Exactly, kid." Zara gets it. Good. Tethrik nods. "Got any good war stories?" He means any stories about combat, any interesting experiences. He's got plenty, over his millennia of age, of course.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"Hmm..." Zara thinks on his question as she adds her new knife to her inventory. "No war stories, but I have a few interesting ones. This one time, I was hunting two targets who owed a lot of money to the wrong people. They were also being hunted by an adult sniper assassin, so I decided to outsource and aid the sniper by looking through his scope and getting the two to positions where he could do his job. As far as everyone else is concerned, he did the killing, but my handlers gave me a big reward for my ingenuity."

She sighs wistfully. "That was fun. Less fun than doing the killing myself, but I got the job done. Got any cool stories of bloody slaughter?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-30 at 08:01 PM.
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

Not bad, kid, not bad." Tethrik prepares to launch into his own story. "Me 'n four others of my kind were hired as counter-boarding forces for a corvette of the Aliax Imperial Navy. We got in a scrap with a small pirate fleet off the Kalqar Rim. Outnumbered, outmassed, and outgunned. So command decides that the five of us should get out on the hull and jump across to the enemy flagship, see if we can do some damage. So there we are, jumping through empty space to get to the enemy ship, laser fire and missiles blazing around us. You can't hear anything except your heartbeat. Two of us didn't make it. One caught a rocket from a drone fighter, right in the head. The other missed the landing and drifted off into the void. But three of us managed to get a hold on the ship and break in. We battled our way across four decks to the bridge. It was a bloodbath. Human troops barely compare to us, but with enough of them, they were still a threat. The one on point took enough AP rounds in an ambush to bring him down, but we made it to the bridge. They had some kind of guard 'bot there. Left it to hold us off while they sabotaged the engines and ran to escape pods. The thing was huge, bigger and stronger than me. Think it was a repurposed mining frame. It was two against one, so we beat it, but it severely injured both of us. We were barely able to prevent a reactor meltdown from destroying the whole frigate by jettisoning the reactor. Then, the ship was dead in the water. Emergency power only, no comms or propulsion. We rested there until we'd healed, and hitched a ride out of there when the salvage ships came."

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

Zara listens attentively, hanging on to every word. She's wide-eyed and clapping her hands once he's done. "That was awesome, Tethrik! A shame about your teammates, but they did die in battle, so not so much of a shame, perhaps."

They'll probably spend more time exchanging stories, but that can be done offscreen. It's clear, though, that Zara enjoys Tethrik's company.
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"Team isn't exactly the right word." Friends? No, too close. Acquaintances? Doesn't get the cooperation across. Brothers? No, too familial. Maybe cousins. "You have a team, kid?"

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

"Then? No, not out in the field. Now? I do. A club for young adventurers." Zara smiles to herself, thinking of Iknika, Natalie and Koshal. What would they think of her now, she wonders? "We've never actually gone out adventuring, not yet, so right now the name is conceptual. There's also a group of monster hunters I tag along with sometimes... they let me tag along when I helped bring down one."

"What about your other teamm- err, associate?"
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Default Balcony

"We went our separate ways centuries ago. Most of my kind don't spend much time together." And this is a good thing for everyone else. If they did, they might be unstoppable.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The small shadow girl almost seems disappointed as Reginald hides. Almost. Maybe? It's super hard to discern any emotion from her at all really. She doesn't even respond when asked if she needs help! Largely cause she doesn't believe she needs any help that she can think of.

But she is curious as to how the machine works so she will nod affirmatively to Felandria when asked about showing her how it operates, a stark cold wind lightly flowing through as her head moves. Which is mostly weird because of how they're indoors.
    Okay, sweetie, come on over and I can show you.

She will grab a nearby step stool that are around the game room for the tinier kiddies and puts it near the machine.

You can climb up and see everything, and I can teach you how it works.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

[Balcony]

Zara nods in understanding and finishes her mug of hot chocolate. "I'm happy I met you today, Tethrik. Let's go out killing, sometime."

Unless there's something else, this looks like a good place to end the scene.
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Okay, sweetie, come on over and I can show you.

She will grab a nearby step stool that are around the game room for the tinier kiddies and puts it near the machine.

You can climb up and see everything, and I can teach you how it works.
    Sasha isn't especially small for a nine year old eldritch shadow abomination girl. Though she acts less mentally and socially adept than one of that age certainly. Which might make it easy to confuse. Plus Fel is pretty tall. Everyone probably feels small to her. An easy mistake to make.

Still, the cloaked darkness shifts, gliding soundlessly over the ground, a subtle chill accompanying her as she moves from the side of the machine to the front, staring intently at the demi-goddess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Sasha isn't especially small for a nine year old eldritch shadow abomination girl. Though she acts less mentally and socially adept than one of that age certainly. Which might make it easy to confuse. Plus Fel is pretty tall. Everyone probably feels small to her. An easy mistake to make.

Still, the cloaked darkness shifts, gliding soundlessly over the ground, a subtle chill accompanying her as she moves from the side of the machine to the front, staring intently at the demi-goddess.
    Okay, so normally you would swipe your card or insert tokens, but today everything is free, so you just push the start button.

Fel pushes the start button and the game starts up.

It’s a newer machine, based on something called Avatar, but Fel mainly likes the tall catlike people depicted inside

So you just gotta pull this knob back and it launches the ball into the play area, then you hit these buttons on the side to move the flippers.

The idea is to keep the ball bouncing around for as long as you can.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

The little shadow girl thinks the tall catpeople kind of look like Fel. If Fel were blue. And a catperson. And had a different face and body. Maybe just the two are both tall. Which is why they're practically sisters.

She also watches as Fel runs the machine, seemingly content to see her do it. It's probable that the little shadow girl is distracted by all the moving parts and flashing lights (hissss).

It's equally probable that she's the type who prefers to watch a game being played and would subscribe to all the Let's Play channels.

She also may or may not have hands, so there is that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

The little shadow girl thinks the tall catpeople kind of look like Fel. If Fel were blue. And a catperson. And had a different face and body. Maybe just the two are both tall. Which is why they're practically sisters.

She also watches as Fel runs the machine, seemingly content to see her do it. It's probable that the little shadow girl is distracted by all the moving parts and flashing lights (hissss).

It's equally probable that she's the type who prefers to watch a game being played and would subscribe to all the Let's Play channels.

She also may or may not have hands, so there is that.
    Felandria does her best to play well so the girl can see how it’s done.

Once her game is finished, she will turn to the child.

Now that you’ve seen how it works, would you like to give it a try?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

The girl thinks for a minute. Then invariably shakes her head and-
    Wait.
    NO?

She doesn't want to play pinball!? What a waste of a free day.

She does continue watching Fel to see what she'll play next though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

The girl thinks for a minute. Then invariably shakes her head and-
    Wait.
    NO?

She doesn't want to play pinball!? What a waste of a free day.

She does continue watching Fel to see what she'll play next though.
    Felandria thinks for a moment, looking around the area.

Then she spots it!

If pinball isn’t your thing, how about skeeball?

I’ll show you.

Felandria heads towards the skeeball.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Skeeball? The monstrosity has heard of balls before, but not skis. What made them different?

Curiosity piqued, the shadow floats silently behind Felandria to the skeeball machine.

Waiiiit a minute. Those just look like regular balls! Was she tricked? The shadow girl looks back and forth between Felandria and the skeeball.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Skeeball? The monstrosity has heard of balls before, but not skis. What made them different?

Curiosity piqued, the shadow floats silently behind Felandria to the skeeball machine.

Waiiiit a minute. Those just look like regular balls! Was she tricked? The shadow girl looks back and forth between Felandria and the skeeball.
    Felandria takes a sire all and rolls it up the ramp, it lands in the 20 point hole.

The ones in the corners are much harder to get but they’re worth a buncha points.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Points? That was like... A test score? Those had points. So this was a test. An experiment! Ah, the little shadow girl knew all about experiments! Admittedly, the kind of screaming in this facility was generally different than what she was accustomed to, but at least now it made sense. Yes, this was a fine lab indeed!

The girl stares at Felandria intensely to see if she'll continue the experiment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Points? That was like... A test score? Those had points. So this was a test. An experiment! Ah, the little shadow girl knew all about experiments! Admittedly, the kind of screaming in this facility was generally different than what she was accustomed to, but at least now it made sense. Yes, this was a fine lab indeed!

The girl stares at Felandria intensely to see if she'll continue the experiment.
    Felandria will swipe her card again to start the next game, and attempt to hand the girl a skeeball.

You wanna give it a try?