A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default City of Kayru, Team Evil

All of you have come, for whatever reason, to the house of Martin Pale. Some of you know Asharra, some of you have other reasons for coming. Nobody asks.

You're admitted into a drawing room with a soaring ceiling and magnificent stone work. Simple but elegant furniture, arranged for each of you, is in the corner. In a large chair next to the fireplace is Pale himself.

He waves you over, motioning for you to sit, and begins. "Good fellows, I have a job for you. If I like your performance, it may become a full-time position. I need you to steal something for me. It's a small gem, but it contains a great deal of information that I need."

"Unfortunately," he continues, "I don't know where it is. I know who has a map, though. My unfortunate and estranged brother. I can tell you where his house is, but be careful, he is best of friends with my nemesis. If you bring me the gem, I'll tell more about our...twisted relationships."

"The reward is...malleable. You may request whatever you like. If I deem it to be appropriate, I will get you what you want. If it is too much, I will ask you to choose again. You will be well rewarded. Now, if there are no further questions?"

He looks at you all, waiting for a moment to allow you time to question.

[He's going to relay directions and descriptions of the gem, I'm just not going to type it out.]
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-08-29 at 10:17 AM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: City of Kayru, Team Evil

Fidelis

"yo no confianza usted humano" Muttered Fidelis under his breath in his native language."I wouldn't trust him but we could use a bit of cash flow. Let's take it. If the reward isn't up to standards then we can keep the gem." Fidelis whispered into the minds of his allies via Telepathy.

Shifting to normal speech Fidelis addressed the Human. "Alright human I'm interested. One question. Do we expect a Stealth mission or kill mission?
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-08-29 at 05:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I know you're a gnome, he doesn't really care.

"Your name, halfling?", he asks coldly. "To answer your question, if you encounter my brother, you may certainly try to kill him. Stealth is, however, likely to be your best option.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: KInda vague... I guess we'll improvise. I suggest we all describe our characters and the like, being as this is a new game and it will give everyone a good idea of how to react and respond to each other. In case anyone DOESN'T know about Asharra by now... I'll go first. Let the evil begin!)

Asharra is a pale, curvacous beauty with long black hair that is currently unbound. Her clothing consists of a tight, revealing black top, held together through a combination of lacing and sheer force of will. The get-up leaves her midriff and more cleavage than is anywhere near appropriate exposed, and hugs her figure like a second skin. Dangling in a quite enviable place between her breasts is a small, teardrop shaped pendant with a single jet set into it... stained faint reddish hue. Hung low off her hips is a simple black skirt, slit up the side to her hip on one side... and beneath that, knee-high leather boots of (you guessed it) black, that are belted the whole way up. Around her forehead is a delicate silver circlet, and several rings adorn her fingers... most of them small and simplely wrought. It would take a very sharp eye to notice the finely engraved runes that run across her circlet and one of her rings. What little concealment her get-up has, comes from a long, silken cloak that hangs from her shoulders, it's hood down and hidden beneath her hair. She carries herself with confidence and a twisted half-smile that is equally enticing and dangerous... predatory. She will keep beside the men she entered with... one in particular (Whom I will let MK describe). Someone paying particular attention might notice how she brushes past him as she moves at times... delicate fingers drifting across his arm or back.

Asharra will look over this man before her with a lingering gaze... equal parts admiring and sizing him up. While the gnome speaks, she'll do the same to her new allies... looking for anything about them that might... appeal to her. Finally, after the gnome has said his piece, she will step forward slightly, side-by-side with her large companion and smile, speaking in a soft, lusty voice.

"I am Asharra, my lord... We are... loosely acquainted, I believe. This must be an important relic indeed to require assistance from people of our... prowess. And beyond your ability to get as well... or else why would you make these promises to us, rather than get the item yourself? She will say, lowering her head to him just enough for a long, dark lock of hair to fall across her face. "But you are in luck... I cannot speak for the rest... but all I seek is to learn under you. I have heard rumors that you are quite... potent... in magic. Allow me to learn from you, and I will do anything you ask of me.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2007-08-29 at 06:33 PM.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

Nekkid Kyra avatar by Keris Rain!

5. - Top - End - #5

"You're a clever one," he smiles, "I can't get it myself right now, that would tip my hand too early. If you perform well on this task, I may very well reward you with a lesson or two."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm certain I can find other ways to... serve you... my lord. Asharra will say with a smile that leaves her intentions obvious. "But I suspect the others will not be so easily convinced.
    Anyone looking for awesome art, look no more! Check out my stuff here! I do comissions, for those interested. Catch me at this site: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/rukis/

7. - Top - End - #7

"Well, they may discover how persuasive I can be. I forsee no problems. Though I cannot act too rashly or openly, my influence rides deep."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

"Can we keep her away from anyone with a spell book in future? Fidelis said scathingly. I would be called Fidelis. Fidelis shifted in the over sized chair. Human furniture annoyed him. To large and he had trouble just getting onto it with dignity.

The Gnome carried a Short sword and a hand crossbow at his side. As well as some sort of slightly curved rod toped with a stone leaf. He had Dark long hair and wore a red head band that kept it out of his Dark blue eyes. At the moment he was frowning slightly. Watching the wizard carefully. His skin was tanned brown. a memento from his years toiling in a slave camp in all weather. His clothes were an odd crossing of fashion and protection. A chain shirt with Gold and black Material threaded though. The Gold runing down and the black across. Over his shoulders a cloak of masterful design rested. And his pants were solid black. He kept himself fairly still. breathing steadily but not much else.

Fidelis looked directly at the mage's eyes with a sudden concentration. He seemed to faze out for half a second then returned to waiting for a response.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Mind read on Pale. Lets me read his surface thoughts unless he passes a will save. DC is 12+6=18 Lasts for ten minutes. Requires me to concentrate.
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2007-08-30 at 01:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler
    Show
    Willsave = 26....sorry, I'm not going to tell you his will bonus at the moment, you'll just have to trust me

"Fidelis. Interesting name. Does anyone else have questions? If not, I'm rather busy with projects of my own."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Only where we may find this brother of yours. Asharra will say with a smirk.

(OOC: Team Evil seems a bit... short. Where is everyone? Is it just me and Duskblade?)

11. - Top - End - #11

The man smiles as he gives you directions to his brother's house.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, people will probably begin posting soon. I'll re-post links to the threads in the old thread and the OOC thread now.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

A large, powerfully built man garbed in black and gray stands behind Asharra, positioned to her left a small distance. He has remained standing, with his shield slung behind his back and as suggested by the disturbance of his cloak, his hand rests on his sword's pommel. When he speaks, his voice carries across the room like the quiet rumble of far off thunder, telling of a terrible storm yet to come. His features, however, remain calm.

"I require only one bit of information from you; did this man whom you wish to have us steal from betray you?" He raised his head then, eyes burning with barely contained malice, "Has he made you drink the bitter cup of betrayal, filled with your own blood from the wound he left in your own back?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Appearance: Giles is tall, at six feet and three inches in height. He is well built, his muscles firm and well trained. His muscular frame is topped by a head of raven black hair that hangs below his shoulder blades, a length attained from fifteen years without having it cut; at such a length, he typically keeps it tied back to keep it out of his eyes. His eyes are piercing and grey, and he has a fair face and a perpetual five o’clock shadow. He bears a scar the stretches from his forehead, through his eye, to his jaw, a wound he received during his warrior training. His arms and legs bear a number of similar scars, and his back is a natural tapestry of crisscrossing tissue. He has a tattoo of an adult black dragon that begins on his left shoulder and wraps over and then down his left arm, as well as one of a human heart pierced by a kriss style dagger in the center of his chest.

Giles appears almost perpetually as if a bad omen. He favors a garb consisting of a black leather vest over a black cotton shirt. His trousers are dark grey, and are held up with a black belt with a steel buckle. His boots, though worn with travel, are made of black leather, though if one was to inspect them closely, they might find through their scrutiny that the boots appear to be stained a darker shade along the sides. He wears also a black, hooded cloak that through weather and travel has faded to an ashen grey, and wears black leather gloves. In windy weather or for special occasions, he will conceal his face with a black silk scarf.

His boots are surmounted with a pair of greaves, and his forearms are covered with bracers of the same material. The main piece of his armor, his breastplate, is without engraving or markings, and the whole set is lacquered black, to match his shield, which is round and broad. His sword, however, is plainly made of steel and bound at the hilt with black leather, with a twin blood channel. Though plain looking, Giles’ favored weapon is extremely lethal when the victim is taken by surprise, in perfect keeping with its owner. In a sheathe bound to his forearm (under his left bracer) is kept a finely forged kriss style dagger, the hilt bound in black leather like its twin. At his back beneath his cloak hangs his quivers, one filled with red fletched arrows, the other with midnight black fletched arrows, as well as a sturdy longbow that few save Giles can draw properly; the bow is wrapped in a shroud of grey silk, to help protect it.
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2007-08-30 at 08:05 PM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

13. - Top - End - #13

"I suppose you could say he did," the man replies slowly, clearly a mite uncomfortable "It's complicated. Perhaps I'll tell you the story some time, if we ever become closer."
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-08-30 at 08:33 PM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

A slender male half-elf walks into the room, making no sound as he strode over to stand behind the mammoth Giles, crossing his arms in a bored expression. It seemed the conversation was over... Too bad.

Elril Loreweaver glanced between Mister Pale, Giles, Fidelis and Asharra, with a slight frown on his face. Anyone who knew him, however, would say the expression was perpetual, and he rarely showed severe anger or glee.

Elril Loreweaver is no physical oddity compared to his heritage. He stands at 65 inches, 10 inches shorter than Giles. His exceptional muscle mass added to his weight, but he still weighed less than a normal adult human male. Black hair adorned in various gems and beads hung from his head, restrained in a single cord and almost reaching the middle of his back.

His pale blue eyes are haunting, and if you looked hard enough, it seemed as if he had drowned, and the blue of his eyes had watered down to a unique hue of itself.

"Are we still required here, Lady?"
    Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the awesome Walker Boh avvy! Thanks to Adghar for the great Harrier avvy!

Thanks to me for splicing them!

Spoiler
    Show
    I prepared my explosive runes this morning.

My characters:
    Spencer Cole
    Rhyldrin Zuandar

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

15. - Top - End - #15

A slightly overweight human sits in a particularly simple chair compared to the elegance of the others. His expression hadn't changed much at all except to let his hand twitch a bit when the talk of betrayal came up. He didn't seem like he enjoyed being here... Then again he never looked like he enjoyed being anywhere. Except in his eyes. His eyes are a pale green and are always watery and always seem to be on the verge of tears. This betrayed his facial expression which was normally full of disdain and dislike.

My interest in your story would be greater if I had not been distracted by something earlier. My name is Nataraja and if you say this man betrayed you... I am at your service.

Nataraja (Not-er-auge-a) moves his hand to his face and rubs his middle finger over his lower lip. This is a mannerism long known by anyone who had spent time with him. This was not the only quirk Nataraja manifested in everyday speech. Twitching was not abnormal, and when his finger isn't caressing his lip both his hands are in his pockets or folded over each other. It gave the impression of smallness that made chairs and other things that he sits in appear far too big. Nataraja then mumbles only loud enough for those very close to him to hear.

Of course... if you're lying... Th-

Nataraja trails off.
    Last edited by Leper_Kahn; 2007-08-30 at 10:27 PM.
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles sneered at the man before him.

"Betrayal is visceral; you would not give such an uncertain reply if he had not betrayed you in a true fashion," the hulking man took a step forward, eyes burning brightly, "Do you fear to claim betrayal? I. Am. Vengeance. If you cannot tell me truthfully that this man has turned against you, then I am not as interested in bringing you your trinket as I might have been," the sneer deepened, and his hand left his sword to point at the man before him.

"I will only ask once more, mouse. I have my own-"

17. - Top - End - #17

"You're brave," he says simply, "But foolish. Of course he betrayed me. I simply took it better than many would. It takes more than one betrayal to finish me. You would do well to remember it."
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles' eyes narrowed.

"I do not traffic in betrayal. I traffic in revenge, and to date all who have thought to cross me have never had occasion to stop and reconsider what they have done," Giles' hand returned to his side, "And you would do well to remember that. If I will do this for you, I will name my price immediately, for it is one that you will require time to prepare. I require information on the current whereabouts of one Cristof Amaros, as well as anything that is related to his current station. After that, for an additional five hundred gold coins, I will bring back your brother's head; if doing so would jeopardize our mission, I will give you a written contract for a later date."

The hulking man extended his hand, this time in a handshake.

"Do we have an agreement?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Asharra will put a hand to Giles's arm lightly and despite the difference in their size, she spoke to him confidently.

"Calm Giles. Not all deal with revenge in the same way. I have been wronged... have you forgotten? She will say, moving in front of him in a swirl of long, dark hair and matching skirt. She will give him a slight smile that he is all too familiar with, and drop her voice to a softer tone, I have already promised our aid. Would you leave me to go alone, simply because he is less... open... about his motives?

(Edit: Damn you MK for responding while I was writing a response to your response!!!! Assume that was said BEFORE you boys made up... )
    Last edited by BloodyAngel; 2007-08-30 at 11:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

The man chuckles, and laughs, then offers his hand. "I'll tell you what. I don't have anything on this Cristof right now, but I'll do some digging. As for my brother, I'd prefer him alive, for now. He's a fearsome fellow, and I'd hate to have to deal with the circumstances if you failed.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Giles shakes the man's hand with a frown.

"The offer will remain open, then... but know that I only do this because you can assist Asharra and I in our respective paths." The warrior stepped back, returning to Asharra's heel, giving her only a slight glance to let her know that he knew he had nearly ruined their dealings. He did not intend to ask the man for more than the information he had requested for this deed; doing so would strain their business.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your brother is a wizard, is he?" Asharra will say with a disturbing smile... all but licking her lips. "Do not worry... We will certainly not fail. Though if you want him to live... this will be... far more difficult.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

"I've got some tools that will make things easier once we're inside. Namely I can make us invisible. Among other things. If no one has anything else to say shall we move." Fidelis pushed himself off the chair and waited for his allies to decide to leave.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

"Does this man, your brother, have any retainers in his employ? Any apprentices?" Giles spoke quickly and curtly; he too wanted to be on his way, lest the situation change before they could affect it.

25. - Top - End - #25

"He has no retainers. In fact, he's out at the moment. Hopefully he'll stay out, but I can't make promises. He's very close friends with a powerful abjurer, be careful in his house."
    Last edited by psychoticbarber; 2007-08-31 at 01:58 PM.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then we need nothing more. If we have our location, we should go, and immediately," Giles makes no move towards the door, instead waiting for Asharra to give the word; when it came to business dealings with Asharra involved, Giles had learned very quickly that it was best to wait until she was finished.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

We will return with this trinket... my lord. Asharra will say with a bow of her head, and then nod to Giles, Come then... comrades. We should plan this out as a group...

She'll turn and leave with Giles at her side, I'm sure... and heading off to this place to look about.

28. - Top - End - #28

Nataraja jumps out of his chair and prepares to follow Giles and Asharra. It looks like he doesn't want to be left behind.
    The GitP WarCraft III The Frozen Throne Group: USEast(Azeroth), channel op GitP, 4 PM EST Friday
    The GitP StarCraft BroodWar Group: USEast, channel op GitP, 5 PM EST Saturday

http://apina.biz/11996.jpg

Dr. Bath has created a masterpiece... I call it my avatar.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Fidelis

Fidelis falls in behind. Moving quickly as he could to keep pace with the longer legged among them.

30. - Top - End - #30

"One doesn't hear me say this often, but be careful. If you encounter my brother, be especially cautious. He is excellent at what he does." Pale waves cheerfully as he returns to his books.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."

Spoiler
    Show