Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares OOC

The Plague of Nightmares

Plot Over-view: Out from the deepest valleys and the coldest mountains the plague of nightmares has emerged. A pestilence like none other has struck the kingdom of Braughlmurk. A disease, strange in its origins and even weirder in its results, appears to be the sapping sapping the life force out of its prey. It begins simply, with only a nightmare or other nocturnal disruption caused by an unknown terror, but that is only a harbinger of what is to come. Every waking day more and more of a victim’s life and very soul fades. Their skin gradually loses its color, their eyes wane of their meaning, their organs slow down until they eventually stop working. They become increasingly more like a corpse over the period of a few weeks until eventually they are one. Very little is known about the disease and no matter what people try to do there is no apparent cause nor cure.

What is known though is an origin. All reliable reports all say the same thing. The plague seems to be spreading out from a central point, the fief of Senckreid, a region of Braughlmurk shrouded in suspicion and mystery. Rumors abound of cult activity, unexplained arcane phenomenon, and monsters conjured from the plane of magic. Nevertheless though, the people of Senckreid need your help as much as everyone else, so the black mountains and valleys honeycombed with unexplored cave is your destination. For if the local fiefs are too buried in rivalries to offer assistance, then adventurers must take care off what they cannot. It is rather strange though, it seems like despite the opportunity presented in ending such a horror, many adventurers find themselves too preoccupied or anxious to enter Senckreid. Except for a small handful of people so it seems…

Genres: The predominant genre you are going to find here is definitely dark fantasy. While it is certainly going to show signs of gothic elements, it is going to be more closely related to phantasmagorical horror, more dream-like, psychological, and Lovecraftian in nature. Although if I am being honest it is not going to be quite so terrifying as it is just going to be weird, so in the most common sense calling it horror is technically accurate but rather misleading. Alongside that sword and sorcerery will feature prominently and to a much lesser extent mystery will get involved. The prevalence of other genres and pre-existing ones will change depending on player decisions though.

Playstle: Although this game will definitely feature a decent amount of combat, the main focus here should be based much more on character role-play and development than fighting. Expect to spend long stretches of time detailing the simplest actions of your character. Over-all the tone will certainly be dark, as it is a horror game after all, but that does not mean no humor would be present. It is safe to assume that I will throw some extremely ironic or dry humor at you. The actions of your character are extremely important will have a profound impact on the plot so make sure to carefully consider what you want your character to do. This is mostly because I am going to improvise many of the events of the campaign, although the main basics will be planned out much more thoroughly. This campaign will certainly feature several examples of mature themes, especially intense violence, but things should always remain suitable for people of 13 or up.

Posting Rate: You should post at least once every 48 hours, as to whether that be in the IC or OOC thread though does not matter as much. Keep in mind that I will be viewing the thread much more than that though, possibly upwards of 12 times every 48 hours. When in combat, If 48 hours have passed since the enemies’ last turn/beginning of combat, then your turn will be skipped. While that may seem rather restrictive at first, we will be using the side initiative variant rule so combat will go by at a much quicker rate (see Q13 for more information on this subject).

Spoiler: The Big 16 Questions
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Dungeons and Dragons fifth edition

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    This campaign will take place in a homebrewed setting known as Senckreid which is a fief in the kingdom of Braughlmurk. This takes place in an era similar to that of the early medieval ages before the extensive use of gunpowder. The geography of Senckreid is very mountainous and covered in coniferous forests and many deep valleys and massive deposits of bare rock. Caves are also extremely prevalent in the area, most of which are so deep that they are unexplored. Most of the kingdom shares a religion based around the worship of eight gods, each of which corresponds to a specific divine domain (death, knowledge, life, light, nature, tempest, trickery and war). Those that live in Senckreid though instead worship the nine gods of magic (abjuration, conjuration, divination, enchantment, evocation, illusion, necromancy, transmutation and healing).

Although many people are afraid of magic and suspicious of those that use them due to the way it manifests (see the spoiler below on how magic works), it is regarded as a necessary evil in the kingdom of Braughlmurk. A civilization without the use of arcane or divine powers would surely be snuffed out by other civilizations that have no such qualms after all. There are no colleges of magic in the kingdom and instead arcane knowledge is passed on from a bureaucrat wizard to their apprentice. Albeit though there are several people who accidentally stumble upon it. If you were to take all of the magic users in Braughlmurk than it would be enough to fill a large college of about 15,000 people, making up 3% of the kingdom’s population. It is legal for citizens to use magic unless they are using it to cast certain spells which are deemed to dangerous because they are too frequently associated with the more evil denizens of the realm of magic referred to as the Great Old Ones. Thusly the following types of spells are illegal to use unless given a permit to by the government; enchantments that can deprive targets of their free will (calm emotions and charm person is acceptable but command and dominate person are not) , illusions implant images into a target's brain, any form of prolonged dimensional travel, and magic which raises the dead.

In the fief of Senckreid though such restrictions are loosned, which is the major source of most of the rumors regarding them actually. There very government is a magocracy where a wizard-priest is the mayor of each town. All magic there aside from raising the dead is permitted (so long as its use does not violate other laws), which is a source of concern for many people too. There are also legends of unnatural creatures in the ancient caverns through the area which exist nowhere else. These factors mixed with the fact that there pantheon is of deities which seem to be associated with the plane of magic is the reason why many are distrustful of them.

Spoiler: How magic works in this world
    Show
    The following is an excerpt from a fictional book in Recnam called “The Dreamscape Theory: a Treatise on the Nature of Magic”, written by Warlic Cyseron, a renowned elven wizard who went insane and mysteriously disappeared.

The Material Plane itself is entirely lacking of magic natural to it and the only things that should be possible is what is governed by the laws of science and nature. But the Dreamlands are not bound by these natural laws and can openly be changed by its inhabitants, as if it were a dream. This manipulation of the world via acessing planar energies of the Dreamlands is known as magic. For magic to be applied to the Material Plane, A speical process known as "Astral Projection" must be emploted.

Whenever a magic user casts a spell, a part of their soul and consciousnesses temporarily departs from their body and ascends into the Dreamlands via the Astral Plane. Once in the Dreamlands, the entire area around them is bound to their will and no laws of nature apply except for the ones they wish to apply. A spellcaster will then morph and shape the matter and energy surrounding them and manifest it into the desired effect while in the Dreamlands. But a spell cast in the Dreamlands is constrained there until it is brought back into the Material Plane. The spellcaster must then have the missing part of their soul return to the Material Plane while using their force of will to transport the desired effect back with them. Once this is done the effects created in the Dreamlands are transplanted into the Material Plane. This process is usually done in seconds, but taking more time and care to form such a spell is less exhausting to the caster; this is known as "ritual casting".

As you can imagine, the process of Astral Projection is painful, difficult and stressful. The constant traveling back and forth between two planes exhausts the mind and the body. Not only that, but it also exposes one to the alien forces which call the plane of magic their home. Despite the fact that this part of the soul transported elsewhere can't actually be harmed, having one's senses exposed to the Dreamlands can be a frightening experience. Regardless of the type of magic be used, it is always unnatural to the Material Plane, although it may not necessarily be harmful to it.

Very few mortals are capable of Astral Projection and for one to do so they must possess some sort of special power. Some people who have been exposed to eldritch forces may simply be able to use their power of will in and of itself to go through the grueling process; this is most commonly seen among sorcerers, bards and paladins. Others have recieved the attention of extraplanar creatures and may entreat them to help them committ to Astral Projection, or maybe even cast the whole spell themselves; this is what clerics, warlocks, barbarians, druids and rangers do.

Other spellcasters must go through the ritual of “imparting”, which is how wizards, eldritch knights, arcane tricksters and many monks are able to cast spells. This is where an experienced spellcaster taps into the mind and soul of a humanoid and gives them the capability to enter the plane of magic. The process of imparting though is incredibly risky and must only be done with the most resilient of people, for a weak-minded person who enters the maddening Dreamlands with physics outside of common reality can easily come out deranged. Every spellcaster though, even the most experienced of wizards, are vulnerable to the touch of insanity, for the horrifying monsters and strange physics of these planes can throw a mortal's mind into disarray.

Whenever a spellcaster goes through Astral Projection they usually aim to to travel to a specific domain of the Dreamlands. This is because although any spell can technically be cast on any plane of existence, some spells are much easier to create in more planes than others. This is due to the fact that different domains of the Dreamlands have different ambient magic than others which is better used for different purposes. Mind effecting magic such as enchantments and illusions are best made in R'lyeh, protective magic such as abjuration or healing spells are usually done in the celestial parts of Leng, highly destructive evocation spells are usually cast in the fiendish parts of Leng, necromancy spells are almost exclusively done in Zihnn and many transmutation spells are created in Sylwyth. Conjuration and Divination spells are not tied to any one plane of existence. Many spellcasters have a preferred plane to access and may exclusively go there, even if casting such a spell there is largely inefficient.

Spoiler: pantheon
    Show
    -Sepulcher is the genderless god of death who is tasked with delivering the souls of those who have died to the ethereal plane and keeping them there.
    -Cogneteo is the god of knowledge who is responsible for gaining the knowledge of the world and making sure that is preserved through the ages
    -Vitay is the goddess of life whose disciples seeks to heal the wounded and restore what was broken
    -Luxan is the god light who upholds justice and enforces the law
    -Alyturam is the goddess of nature that maintains the balance between the wild natural world and the civilized world.
    -Marasa is the goddess of storms who controls the weather, providing those faithful to her with boons and smites those who oppose her with.
    -Callidus is the god of trickery and cunning whose followers are well known for their wisdom, cunning and strategic talent
    -Prolus is the goddess of war and battle strategy, focusing much more on the tactical sides of the conflict than pure physical might

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    We will be accepting up to five players into this campaign. If we already have five people enrolled though and you still wish to join then you can be put on a wait list and gain a position in the game if and when one of the current players decides to leave the campaign indefinitely or stops posting.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    The entirety of this campaign will be conducted through the GitP forum.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    All character will start out at level one. This campaign will last up until level 10, so keep that in mind when designing your character.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Instead of receiving equipment from their class and background or rolling for wealth by class every character starts out with...
    •a set of traveler’s clothes
    •a backpack
    •one set of armor (if they are proficient with any)
    •a spellcasting focus (if they are of a class which can use one)
    •two weapons
    •one tool
    •an equipment pack of their choice
    •and 50 silver pieces.
    •They also get their choice of either (A) a shield, (B) two extra weapons, (C) an extra tool, or (D) 50 extra silver pieces.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?, 8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? and 16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    Any official material published by Wizards of the Coast is allowed for use, aside from the plane shift books that is. Homebrew that I have made is automatically permitted, but any other homebrewed content I will decide on a case by case basis whether it is allowed or not. Unearthed arcana is never permitted.

Spoiler: character sheets
    Show
    So long as I have access to and can read your character sheet than it does not matter to me too much what system you use to display it. I would prefer it if you wrote it on a digital character sheet which is identical to a physical one (such as a downloadable one found in this link from the WotC website), but it is by no means necessary for you to do so.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Your character’s ability scores may be generated by using the standard array or variant: customizing ability scores, but you cannot roll to determine your ability scores. Whenever you gain a level you cannot roll to determine how high your hit point maximum raises either, you must use the average number of that roll as marked in the hit points section of your character's class.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    I am going to be completely honest with you, I view the alignment system rather contemptuously. To me it seems to present more problems than it does benefits, so thusly I have excluded alignments from the game. Any and all effects which reference alignment will be ignored. Feel free to record this information on your character sheet, but be aware that I will never acknowledge the existence of the alignment statistic.

That being said, I would still advise you to think carefully before creating your character's personality. I am perfectly fine with your character expressing moral ambiguity, but you need to make sure that it is compatible with the rest of the group. If the group is fine with it, then your character can be as morally grey as you wish. Be aware that this is not an evil campaign though even if it is a horror one.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    You may multi-class and take feats as normal, but remember that you are bound by the rules outlined in the PHB.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    You will be using the forum dice roller and will roll the dice in the same post which you stated your action in which triggered the dice roll. In contrast, I will be rolling for enemies’ in a separate thread and then I will write the outcome and description of their actions in the IC thread. That way I can put things in proper descriptive detail and maintain immersion but you can still guarantee that I am being honest. During combat I will be recording all of the enemies’ defensive statistics in the same post that the enemies take their turn in, including AC and saving throw bonuses. whenever you force a creature to make a saving throw or opposed check, you should roll the saving throw for that monster too and announce whether it succeeded or failed. Be aware that whenever a creature forces you to make a saving throw, I will be rolling for you. If an enemy takes damage make sure to also roll for and record the damage dealt. When making an ability check still record your roll for that check, and I will later decide if you can even do that action and if you succeed in doing so.

Spoiler: reactions
    Show
    Due to the slow nature of PbP games, reactions are much harder to conduct. Combatants are allowed to state that they will make a reaction outside of their own turn so long as they have not made another turn since the person's action which triggered the response. Whenever someone makes a reaction they are technically "re-writing" the past, which will cause a re-evaluation of the actions done by the person who is opposing the person who is re-acting. This will change the events to properly suit around the newly established circumstance, making the assumption that you retro-actively did that reaction. Even if another creature took advantage of the circumstance (EG: if you were knocked prone by one enemy and a second enemy also attacked while you were prone) then their actions will be re-evaluated and changed too. I am allowed to veto your reaction if it would prevent another person's previously stated actions from being possible (for example, if you made an opportunity attack against a monster and killed it but one of your allies targeted it with a spell before you stated your reaction, than I could veto it because that would force your ally's actions to become entirely invalid)

Spoiler: post formatting
    Show
    State your character’s actions in normal text, write their exact words in any colored text and italicize any character thoughts.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Sometimes I may ignore minor rules or make a ruling if I believe it improves the game, but over-all I do not utilize that many house-rules. And even then almost all of the house rules I have implemented will actually change the mechanics of the game very little. Here is a list of all the house rules that will be in play over the course of this campaign.

Spoiler: story based level advancement
    Show
    Instead of gaining experience points from defeating enemies, your character automatically gains a level whenever they complete a particular quest, mission or other specific objective. I will clearly mark whenever a particular quest has been finished. They will gain a level even if they failed to accomplish their objective.

Spoiler: group/side initiative
    Show
    instead of using normal initiative, we will be using the side initiative variant rule from page 270 from the DMG.

Spoiler: new economic system
    Show
    Due to the vague and inconsistent nature of the core D&D 5e economic system, I have implemented an entirely different economic system for this campaign. Expect the costs of items to be extremely different from what is presented in the core rule books. Also be aware that in this campaign setting silver pieces are the most predominant coin to be used in transactions. In addition to that, copper pieces are worth 1/100 of a silver piece and gold pieces are worth 100 Silver pieces.

To add on, any costs related to learning spells or casting spells will be ignored. It costs no money to cast a spell even if the spell specifies that it does expend gold and copying a spell into your spellbook (if you are a wizard) is free to do. It is also unnecessary for you to buy ammunition for any ranged weapons as I will not be counting how much ammunition you have, and thus your weapons effectively have an unlimited well of projectiles.

Also be aware that I will allow you to reflavor, refluff and rename your weapons and armor. If you wish to use the statistics of a pre-existing weapon or set of armor to represent a piece of equipment that does not exist in the rulebook or is badly represented, then feel free to do so. If this is a weapon then you may also change the damage type so that it better suits the desired weapon’s design. If you are including a re-named piece of equipment on your character sheet than put the name of the equipment that formed the basic statistics of your current weapon or armor in parentheses next to that piece of equipment. For example, if you wanted to wear a “gambeson” that uses the same statistics as studded leather than on your character sheet in the equipment section write Gambeson (studded leather) or if you wanted to wield a “scythe” that uses the statistics of a spear except that it does slashing damage than on your character sheet in the equipment section write scythe (spear).

Spoiler: altered languages list
    Show
    Use normal system of languages until further notice.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Your character should have a well developed personality as roleplay will be central to this game, but backstory in specific is a secondary concern. It is required that you at least write up something, but it does not have to be very long. If you can explain the basics of your back-story in two sentences than that would be perfectly fine. Be aware that I will not read a backstory any longer than 5 pages though, so do not write a novella please.

Spoiler: Magic Item Collection
    Show
    Spoiler: Scepter of the Storm
    Show
    Staff, Rare (Requires Attunement by a Sorcerer, Warlock or Wizard)

This staff is crafted from a sort of black, purplish rock you have never seen before that reminds you of obsidian. Its design is very thin and almost like a pole in that it is only 2 in. In diameter and hardly 3 ft. tall. Patches of dark blue moss dot the length of the rod. A silver statuette, so minuscule that it is only the size of large marble, stands at the tip of the staff. Strangely though the statuette always resembles the animal which the viewer would fear most, so it appears different to everyone that looks at it. While wielding the staff, you occasionally see the the animal that corresponds to the statue in places they shouldn’t be out of the corner of your eye, but if you try to look directly at the feared animal it disappears.

While attuned to this item, this staff has the finesse and reach properties. When you hit a target with this weapon, you can choose to have it deal up to 12 extra lightning damage, but by doing so you take half as much lightning damage (rounded up).

In addition, you can use an action to tap the staff on a location on the ground within 5 ft. of you. Everything within 5 ft. of that point must succeed on a DC 15 Strength saving throw or take 1d10 thunder damage and be pushed up to 10 ft. away from the point of origin. You are included in the area of effect, but have advantage on the saving throw. Once you use this property, you cannot use it again until you complete a long rest.

Spoiler: Staff of the Viper
    Show
    Staff, very rare (requires attunement by a druid or ranger)

While holding this staff you can use an action to cast Augury, Divination, Commune or Contact Other Plane. Yig shall always be the creature responding to this message. Alternatively, you can cast Sending to send a message to Yig. No material components are required to cast any of these spells. Once you use this property you can't use it again until you complete a long rest.

Also, you can use an action to speak this staff’s command word and throw the staff on the ground within 10 feet of you. The staff becomes a poisonous snake under your control and acts directly after your turn in initiative (if applicable). On your turn you can speak the command word again (no action required), and return the staff to its normal form in the space formerly occupied by the snake.

If you are within 120 ft. of the snake, you can telepathically communicate with it. Additionally, as an action, you can see through the snake's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that it has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses.

On your turn, you can use a bonus action to telepathically command the snake. You decide what action the snake takes and where it moves during its next turn, or you can issue it a general command, such as to attack your enemies or guard a location.

If the snake is reduced to 0 hit points, it reverts to its staff form and it can't transform into its snake form again until you complete a long rest. At the end of a long rest the snake regains all of its lost hit points.

DM dice rolls thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-DM-dice-rolls
    IC Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Nightmares-IC

Current players

-Awful playing as Yvonne
    -BC56 playing as Yoatl
    -Zergrinch playing as Zuzu
    -Jrpergande playing as Jynx and Manda
    Last edited by Requilac; 2019-01-13 at 08:57 PM.
    5e Monster Features Index

My D&D 5e homebrew

The Necronomicon: >30 Page Lovecraftian Supplement

The Investigator Base Class Won 3rd place in the 1st GitP 5e base class contest

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (D&D 5e) The Plague of Nightmares OOC

Yaotl isss here. I'll ssspeak in green
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

The courtier Anastasia would prefer to speak
    In this color also ana will weep
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2018-02-19 at 09:15 AM.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zuzu, young wizard prodigy, hereby reserves blue for speech.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #5

BlueKnightGuy

Elric a holy Paladin of Prolus, shall post in Teal.

6. - Top - End - #6

Knightess Yvonne, resplendent in gold.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

First impressions
    1. Songstress Anastasia, [no age indicated] female Drow Bard -- never saw a drow before. Wanna observe more.
    2. Elric Hassler, [no age indicated] male human paladin -- oh, it's another meathead fighter, but plate mail? Must have some money.
    3. Knightess Yvonne, the Faithful, 21-year old female human fighter -- sure is pretty. Is she from nobility?
    4. Yaotl, [no age indicated] [no gender indicated] Yuan-ti druid -- ahhhh a giant snake monster!
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-02-19 at 08:53 PM.
    Now Playing

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    First impressions
    Yaotl, [no age indicated] [no gender indicated] Yuan-ti druid -- ahhhh a giant snake monster!
    Yaotl is male, and his age is hard to read. He is actually in his 40s, but he looks like he's in his 20s, thanks to the magic which turned him into a Yuan-ti. He doesn't know his age, however.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I am sorry for my slow response here everybody. Usually I respond much quicker than that but I got rather pre-occupied yesterday. My posting rate is typically much higher but last weekend was indeed quite a strenuous one. I should return to normal now.

My D&D 5e homebrew

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters

10. - Top - End - #10

So is their any way i can calm this guy down.
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

11. - Top - End - #11

Going on 80.. Left to tell my young charge a good story. Young get it. The charge named ophelia is an old woman now.
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2018-02-20 at 12:46 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    So is their any way i can calm this guy down.
    Yes, as to what that would be I do not immediately know. Whenever I give you a challenge there is never just one solution, so if any of you have a relevant feature or are creative enough you can calm him down. If you think you have that ability at your disposal or have some out of the box ideas, then go through with it.

Going on 80.. Left to tell my young charge a good story. Young get it. The charge named ophelia is an old woman now.
    What? I am sorry I don’t understand what this means.

My D&D 5e homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13

Elf still live long lives i assume. So i made Anastasia 80 years old if so. She views rhe daughter of the noble family she looks over and teaches in song and dance as a child still the woman is 60 years old.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Elf still live long lives i assume. So i made Anastasia 80 years old if so. She views rhe daughter of the noble family she looks over and teaches in song and dance as a child still the woman is 60 years old.
    Oh yes that makes more sense now. Thank you for the clarificatio.

My D&D 5e homebrew

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

@ Sariel

Could you please make persuasion check to calm him down, unless of course you were planning on leveraging a different skill. I would allow you to use performance instead if you tried to soothe him with song, deception if you somehow were tricking him into believing things were not so grim or intimidation even if you are forceful enough with the demand.

My D&D 5e homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Just to be clear, she's trying to calm Yaotl, right? I feel like just talking would be better than rolling a check. I would rather decide how my character feels than have a die do it.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Just to be clear, she's trying to calm Yaotl, right? I feel like just talking would be better than rolling a check. I would rather decide how my character feels than have a die do it.
    No, she is trying to calm down the injured priest. I would not allow another player’s check to determine how other another person’s character reacts.

My D&D 5e homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Yaotl thought Anastasia's comment was directed at him.
    "Don't you sssee? These wolves are infected! We're all at risssk unlessss we ssstop the infection now, before it dessstroysss all of nature!" Yaotl continues to burn the corpses. Once he is finished, he inspects a human corpse for signs of the mold.
    Spoiler: perception
    Show

[roll0]
    Inspecting a corpse like this would either be an investigation, nature or medicine check. Either way I will allow Yaotl to use his wisdom modifier regardless of the skill he goes with, in this case at the least.

My D&D 5e homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Inspecting a corpse like this would either be an investigation, nature or medicine check. Either way I will allow Yaotl to use his wisdom modifier regardless of the skill he goes with, in this case at the least.
    Then it's medicine, with a +2 bonus instead of +4

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

@ Squadfather

I would allow lay on hands to calm him.

My D&D 5e homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21

BlueKnightGuy

@ Squadfather

I would allow lay on hands to calm him.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I amended my post to reflect that.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

yes mlady i can heal.
    Spoiler: cure wounds
    Show
    [roll0]

(Ooc cure wounds says touch can i hum while doing it or sing as my bardic focus while healing)
    Sorry Sariel, I forgot to adress this earlier. I will allow Anastasia to sing as a sort of bardic focus, but it still means that she has to have one hand free for spell-casting as if she would be holding an instrument as normal.

My D&D 5e homebrew

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Squadfather42 View Post
    Elric stands up and leaves the priest to his thoughts. Making his way through the carnage, Elric stops and carefully rolls the body of Duqesne, the fallen knight, over.

Saying a prayer, of safe passage, to Prolus, Elric begins to search and examine the fallen knight.
    @ Squadfather, why don’t you give me a medicine, investigation or nature check? You may use your choice of either your wisdom or intelligence modifier for this check.

My D&D 5e homebrew

24. - Top - End - #24

BlueKnightGuy

@ Squadfather, why don’t you give me a medicine, investigation or nature check? You may use your choice of either your wisdom or intelligence modifier for this check.
    Medicine-

(1d20+3)[21]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Completely risky idea. Use minor Illusion to create wolf howls in the vain hope that the beasts respond.
    Now Playing

26. - Top - End - #26

Sounds like a cunning plan to get eaten by wolves.

Or not eaten, rather. Just murdered by wolves.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

27. - Top - End - #27

Thank you requilac.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Awful View Post
    Sounds like a cunning plan to get eaten by wolves.

Or not eaten, rather. Just murdered by wolves.
    Well, if the mountain won't come to Muhammad, then Muhammad will go to the mountain... :P
    Now Playing

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

BTW I'm ready to move on to the next scene.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

So am I, we just need to figure out if we'll follow the wolves or go to town.

My Nexus characters