New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Miniature...

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Miniature...

So I try to purchase mini's that resemble my character regardless of which game they come from. I just purchased a Warmachine mini and it has parts that need attached to the main torso of the figure. I've painted many miniatures but never had to asemble any. What's the best glue/adhesive for attaching metal to metal?

Hasta
    "While your offer amuses me...I have no interest in sharing my power. This Dark Lord does not need a Queen" `Revan Eclipse, Grandmaster of the Dragon's Rite.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Miniature...

The type were you need to mix the resin and the other stuff. Just go to a hardware store and ask for some glue that can hold metal together. The type that you need to mix. Any brand of that type of glue will work for gluing mini parts together.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    The type were you need to mix the resin and the other stuff. Just go to a hardware store and ask for some glue that can hold metal together. The type that you need to mix. Any brand of that type of glue will work for gluing mini parts together.
    Thank you.
    "While your offer amuses me...I have no interest in sharing my power. This Dark Lord does not need a Queen" `Revan Eclipse, Grandmaster of the Dragon's Rite.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Make sure you scrub the model (which I assume you're familiar with if you've been painting). Then, what I suggest is to just use ordinary superglue. It holds up quite well.
    On DMPCs: "Remember, nothing will spice up your campaign quicker than long descriptions of NPC’s doing spectacular stuff while the players sit around and watch." -Shamus Young, DM of the Rings
    Divide By Zero: Irreverent Fool, you are my hero.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
    Whilst 2-part epoxy resin (the stuff this guy is talking about) is very strong, you will probably find Super-Glue easier to use and effective enough; small miniatures don't really need to be fixed all that firmly to be sturdy enough for general use. Depending on how big the miniature is, you may need to "pin" the parts in place as well (this is where you drill a small hole in the surfaces to be adhered and use some fine-gauge wire as 'dowling' for extra security).

Depending on how much of a perfectionist you are, you'll want to get some modelling putty to fill in any gaps left in the join, for a smoother finish, as well.
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.