A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 203
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrayDeath's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the Heart of Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Spoiler: IC Thread Rules and Local Setting Info
    Show


    This thread is for IC posts only.

    The following things are assumed as fact/fixed for its purpose:

    1.: You did your overall „groupfinding“ ahead of this meeting, ergo you are all in agreement to work together to overthrow the Empire.
    You have decided that simply slaughtering whoever is NOT the way to go.
    You all agree on the fact that the Empire needs to be replaced by some kind of Government (ergo your goal is not Anarchy in any way, msotly because you are aware that that will cost countless lives)

    You will experience some of this decisionmaking in form of Flashbacks, as already stated.


    Posting Rules:

    1.: Unless they specifically tell you to do so, noone is to post actions of other players, or posts that assume certaina ctions and then continue.

    Example: Our local „Vampire Orc“ says something to intimidate some priests, then sends our good h Fighter after them when they refuse to bugde, then starts a discussion with Southern Lily.

    Problems 1: Assuming the Warrior will act a certain way
    Problem 2: Assuming a certain „go“ of events after that.

    Generally speaking, toa void that, post shorter Actions and longer descriptions/musings. Keeps it fluffy but prevents retcons.
    Of course while within battle ALL you post are your actions in it. Just making sure. ^^

    2.: We all paly for our collective fun. That means that if you are planning to do something that will likely diminish someone elses enjoyment (be it by reducing their characters options, or forcing them to act a certainw ay, or simply by doing something the player does not really like) ASK them via a PM if they are OK with this.

    3.: Communicate.
    Many a PbP dies because somene is waitng on someone else, and nothing happens for days, and then they argue about whos fault it was and so on.
    If you are waiting for somebody, make it obvious. If something you need to know is lacking,a sk me. If you have ANY questions at all, ask me. I am a very active GM and ewill answer just about anything not regarding the plot. But Ic an only help if I know it is needed.


    Local Setting:


    Your meeting Place is a slightly grassy hill of around 300m height overlooking the „3 Waysides Rest“ Inn.
    This Inn is the result of a compromise between Lazhaar, Morvahr and Magnhrakar. It is located in an area northeast of lazhaar, Southeast of Molvahr and south of Maghrakhar that would normally belong to Lazhaar. However, as it sits right between 3 realms and nobody wants the only resting place to speak of in the area to belong to the Goldgrabber realm, the other 2 realms objected. Since Lazhaar however DOES have a monopoly in the area, they agreed that the Inn and its ground would „Not belong to any realm, but serve all 3“.
    This means that the Inn does not pay taxes, but has to pay all three realms for their patrols (even if the area is quite secure). This has led to it becoming quite famous and a save heaven for just about anyone not wanted in one of the three realms, as none of the realms has jurisdiction there.
    Now if someone managed to be wanted in all 3, theyd be stuck there....^^

    The Inn itself is a classical, if very well built, Tree Trunk Building of 2 and a half stories, with an almost quadratic form of almsot 25 meters a side. It has a large set of stables, 2 made for unusual mounts“, a smithy with a good (if not great) Weapon Smith (an Orc named Kragakh), grows its own vegetables and Grain (to make its relatively famous whisky) and all in all is more akin to a small village than a regular Inn.
    Its 18 rooms are small but very comfy, its „Bar and Grill“ are around 12 to 18m, can accomodate up to 65 people, and offers a good if rather small amount of foodstuffs (excellent Ales and Whisky, average White Wines, bad Cider and Red Wine).

    The staff consists of the Owner, 2 cooks, 3 serving maids, 2 stable hands, a brewer, 3 „Growers“ and 2 retired Adventurer Guards (no, not THAT kind of retired, Level 5-7ish^^). At any given time a patrol of the surrounding realms numbering 5 people is close or staying there.

    It is also quite expensive as long as you intend to stay overnight (not for people of your level, but overall).


    As for the picture, sadly there seems a mmalfunction with the Image entering function, only ever displays it as a link or not at all....


    Edit: the Realm uses a 7 Month year, each named after one of the Gods "Description (so Builder, or Warrior instead of their names) each Month consisting of 7 times 7 days. As however the movement of the world is not QUITE fitting to their propaganda, this leaves a 4 days and some hours time frame unaccounted. These 4 days are bundled up together and called "the Days of Mourning", and are situated between the God of Elves and Scalykinds Months (which, seasonwise, is in late Autumn).







    After quite some time invested in cautious contact-building, feeling out each others goals, and planning on how to begin, you all have arrived at the decided upon meeting place. To avoid suspicion, all of you ahve checked into the inn seperately over a timeframe of 3 hours, stowed your non critical Items, and then set off.

    It is ad day in early spring, the slightly chill wind contrasting with the blooming flowers in its grass, the Hill just starting to come into full life again.
    Just as the last of youa rrive, a Cloud moves before the twinkling afternoon sun, and your wide view over the Inns Area of influence shows you that today patrol just arrived.

    https://imgur.com/R4C4G64

    A peaceful, almost too peaceful, moment to begin your planning, to make your decision about the realm you will target first.
    To undertake the first step at overthrowing the Empire...on a nice, relaxing hill in Spring?

    But then again, when were beginnings ever fitting the task at hand?
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2018-02-25 at 09:39 AM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

    01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

    Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    As was his custom, Iacobus arrived early. He was waiting atop the hill, tugging on his pipe. He hadn't smoked in a while and the strong tobacco made him slightly dizzy. He smiled : as much as he hated the Empire, he had to admit that the priests of Imirtah were great growers.

    He stood there, taking in the beautiful scenery. He felt strangely at peace, even though he coudln't shake that nagging feeling in the back of his mind: why in the world did Ti'bur ask him to join up with Southern Lily, among all people? Iacobus could not deny her awesome skill, but she was a loose cannon.. and that was being polite. He hoped his old friend knew what he was doing.

    Looking to the horizon he thought: 'After all these years of fighting and bleeding, this could finaly be it... the end of the Empire.' That is what the old Oracle has promised.

    A sudden pang of guilt tore at his already fleeting inner peace as he remembered his friends back home, still fighting, still bleeding for the cause. They hadn't understood why Iacobus had decided to leave and he hoped as Hells that he would not regret his decision.

    His thoughts turned to his unborn child and to Keryna, the love of his life. He could still see her eyes, soaked with tears, when he told her he was leaving... more than anyone, she had opposed his decision of leaving everything behind on what she called blind faith. How was this helping the cause? How was this helping his family? But Iacobus had faith in his old friend. He had to...

    He cast away these thoughts, concentrating on the task at hand. He was getting anxious to meet the others...
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2018-02-23 at 12:38 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Tibur started today as he usually does, even though this day was much much different than all the others. He began with his morning prayer's as he and Obex danced around, doing flips and spins around the semi-cramped room. He is careful not to break anything, but cares not for the noise they are creating in other rooms.

    Having just finished gnawing into a hunk of medium rare beef (all he had told the the bar maid was 'Raw meat,' and apparently they had assumed he wanted it cooked), he got a small pint of ale to wash it down with. "What don't Humans understand about the delicacy of bloody meat?"

    Cleaning his teeth with a small wood pick, Tibur decided it was finally time to meet his companions atop the hill. So he takes his leave from the bar after downing the pint of ale. "Mmm, they can't serve beef to an Orc right, but at least they know how to brew!"

    Walking through the streets, heading towards their usual spot, Tibur speaks softly towards the satchel on his hip. "Today's the day Obex. We're going to meet with our friends once again." Passerby's thinking the Orc mad for talking to himself but he knows the cheeky little pseudo-dragon is listening, safely hidden away from prying eyes.

    Finally reaching the top of the hill, Tibur notices that Iacobus has already arrived. "Well good morning! Pleasure to see you again friend!", he says in a soft but guttural tone. "Don't mind if I take a puff do you?" As he extends his arm towards Iacobus. "Got a lot of work to do today, Iacobus." As he finishes talking, he flashes a big smile, his large tusks (larger than most orc's at least) rising and the sun sparkling off his almost pristine white teeth.
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    It is some time after the two are joined by a tall woman, wearing a hooded cloak hiding her face. She turns around few times, to ensure no undeserved eyes are watching and slowly puts the hood down, revealing long, white hair. The look on her face is rather cold, but a fait smile appears when she sees Tibur.
    "It's been a long time, friend." She says in a surprisingly soft voice and slowly sits down.

    She is Southern Lily. That is the only name she is known for. That is the only name that matters.

    After a moment of silence a small, brown owl flies down and lands on her shoulder and she caresses it gently with her other hand. While doing so she looks at Iacobus with some strange level of amusement. Once she considered this man an idealistic fool and would never have thought they would be working together. And yet, thanks to the Half Orc next to them, here they are.
    "It's a small Empire, isn't it?" She asks the former nobleman. Where once one would expect a mockery in her tone, now there isn't really any. Some amusement, yes, but much warmer than one would expect. She almost seem happy to see him, unlike their past encounters.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2018-02-23 at 06:51 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Iacobus passes the pipe to Tibur, beaming: It is good to see you, old friend. Refreshing actually. Keep the rest. My wife doesn't like when I smoke. Says it makes me smell funny. The man retreats back into his thoughts, still on edge, waiting.

    Later, when Lily arrives, he instinctively tenses, but quickly relaxes when he sees her smile. By Hells m'lady it certainly is. And I have to admit you look quite beautiful without a spiteful frown and blood in your hair. he smiles charmingly. still one missing. I know little of this last one and the wait is killing me.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2018-02-23 at 12:34 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Ceilia approaches the inn, not taking any precautions that might make her seem like she's suspicious. After all, no one who could recognize her is likely to have ever set foot here, and if they had it was years ago. No reason to look suspicious, then. At least, any more suspicious than walking around with a sword almost five feet long, which was slung over her shoulder. There weren't many subtle ways to carry the weapon, unfortunately. Not that she seems to mind - Ceilia is smiling as she approaches the hill near the inn, and waves once she spots those already on it. Her other hand carries a small pile of local tubers; they're her typical fare, as she simply lives off the land while traveling rather than weigh herself down with rations or leave a trail of meals.

    "Hello there," she greets them, nodding once as she gets close enough to speak comfortably. "Fine morning, don't you think?"
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Tibur takes one last pull off the pipe, blows out the smoke, and coughs slightly as he clears his throat. He tries his best to ensure this location is safe. He pulls out a random piece of parchment and concentrates on it for a short time. He waves his hands slowly above the paper, chanting. A faint purple glow emanates from the paper and he proceeds to walk about 30ft back down the path. He posts the sheet on a tree near the path everyone took in plain view as a make shift alarm system then opens his familiar satchel and let's Obex get some fly time while we are safely meeting here.

    As he returns to the group he addresses everyone by name, runs his large hands through his well kept hair, adjusts his glasses, and lets out a long sigh before going on somewhat of a speech. The vulnerability of being so out in the open almost shows on his face as fright, but his expression immediately changes to serious and calculating as he begins making plans with the people he has really begun to call friends.

    "Good morning compatriots. We all know why we're here today. So let's get down to business! My main plan as of now folks is to not take on Lazhaar. Morvahr or Magnhrakar should be our main priorities. If we managed to topple a monopoly too quickly we could cause too much ruckus and panic within the realms. What say you all?"

    He turns towards Iacobus and Ceilia specifically, "I am curious..Do either of you still have any noble connections? Or know of someone I could possibly scry on to get an insider look in the empire?"

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    He casts Explosive Runes on the paper. The hope is that if anyone would come upon our group, they may see the 'alarm' before trying to come at us like curious cats lol DC perception to tell its a magic trap and disable device for the spell is 28. And i don't believe we actually have an OoC yet so i figured it easiest to make a note here for you greydeath even though like you said, I'd like to keep all IC stuff here seperate from OoC.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-02-25 at 01:42 AM. Reason: no ooc, so made a spoiler
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Iacobus cleans out his pipe while Tibur casts his spell. Then he says: I may have just the person in mind!

    Spoiler: knowledge (nobility)
    Show
    (1d20+18)[22]
    or
    (1d20+18)[36]
    best of two rolls

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrayDeath's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the Heart of Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Spoiler: Noble Contact
    Show


    Iacobus knows whom to approach in magrhakhar, a former ... less than sterling reputed Noble of the landless variety that somehow managed to get himself firmly entrenched in the Supply Service of of the 4 Main Forts of the Realms Military in Magrakhar. He might be able to provide Information and eventual ... lower level help.
    he is however very greedy and solely motivated by self interest, so coecrion or a lot of money are necessary.
    namely a middle-aged Half Elf named Ilirn Methrtos. Hes relatively short, but well built, and outwardly cultivates a very respectable, kindly front.
    Few know that he is bald, as he wears extremely expensive "Natural Hair....

    However (given your massive roll^^) what he also knows, if by a less direct source (ergo hearsay), is that, unusually for them, the Scholia Arcana Septimus has announced to be holding twice the normal number of auctions for the next half year....



    Spoiler: OOC all
    Show


    As I forgot to mention it in the setting post (is being added to the OP of this thread as well) the Realm uses a 7 Month year, each Month consisting of 7 times 7 days. As however the movement of the world is not QUITE fitting to their propaganda, this leaves a 4 days and some hours time frame unaccounted. These 4 days are bundled up together and called the Days of Mourning, and are situated between the God of Elves and Scalykinds Months (which, seasonwise, is in late Autumn).

    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

    01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

    Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Lily lets out a small, kind chuckle at Iacobus' compliment. "My, my, say few more compliments like that and I'd have to fear your wife is going to kill me in my sleep, my lord." Tone of her voice is nonchalant despite the morbid subject. She might have changed, but she still has her dark sense of humor.

    "Hello. Good to see you again. And your sword...what was it's name again?" She greets Celia as the warrior joins them. "Every time I see you, dear, I regret I didn't learn the name of my own blade from the man I took it from." Seeing looks of others, she quickly explains. "He was an assassin sent after me when I was unarmed and quite drunk. It wasn't a fair fight. I heard he still passes fragments of his own ribcage in the toilet."

    The matters of nobility are not her thing, but she listens carefully as their charismatic, self-proclaimed leader lieas down his plan and other two try to provide him with necessary information. Herself she is a bit withdrawn fro mthe strategy - losing your own men leaves you with a bit of restraint against trying to be the master planner again. But she pays attention and listens, especially when Tibur is speaking.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2018-02-25 at 02:53 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It seems to me like potentially exploding the head of a random passerby might be a touch counter-productive if we're going for stealth. We can always head into the woods if we're worried about someone walked over to us just as we say "and we shall do treason".


    Ceilia grins. "The Will to Power," she says. "You can always give it your own name, you know. It isn't like anyone can stop you." For a moment, she considers continuing, responding to Lily's dark joke with commentary of her own, but decides to leave it for later.

    Tibur's question gets a shrug from her. "No one who knew me then would be of use to us as anything but a target. And I'm afraid I haven't been carrying around locks of hair or drops of blood...that is what you would need, yes?"
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Yeah might not have been the smartest alarm system, but it's a simple spell he can deactivate quickly if we leave sooner rather than later. Plus he's not the best tactician for sure lol


    "Ah that is just fine Ceilia, and no actually. That would give me the best hope of scrying on someone, yes, but even a drawing of someone would do just fine." he says rather nonchalantly.

    "Iacobus, if you believe this contact of yours may be willing to listen, or may need some nudging, I say it is worth a shot speaking to them at least. That will put us in the belly of the beast so we should expect anything."

    Tibur then throws an arm around Lily's left shoulder and gives her a big, almost goofy grin before addressing everyone. "Well my friends? Shall we make haste?"
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Underneath his nice demeanors he's a hard headed fool, but I think we can make him cooperate. Although it would be smart to also look into the Scholia arcana. It's only just a rumor, but if it were true it would certainly be interesting to know why their supplies suddenly doubled... and because of whom. Maybe we could split up into pairs and investigate these matters? But considering the distances implied, we would certainly need a means of magical transportation to make sure we can regroup quickly if need be. Could any one of you magicals supply us with such a trick? Lili, Tibur?

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I guess I'm assuming the half-elf and the Scholia are accessible from the same town.. are they?
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2018-02-27 at 03:07 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrayDeath's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the Heart of Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    No, they are seperated by roughly 700km, as one is in westerm Movah, the other in central Maghrakhar....^^


    Now I am not saying you cant split up and look into booth, or even that you need to visit the Scholia Arcana to find out anything. Just clarifying the geographical Information.

    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2018-02-27 at 01:23 PM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

    01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

    Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    No, they are seperated by roughly 700km, as one is in westerm Movah, the other in central Maghrakhar....^^


    Now I am not saying you cant split up and look into booth, or even that you need to visit the Scholia Arcana to find out anything. Just clarifying the geographical Information.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Alright, thanks. Iacobus adjusted his plan accordingly

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    "Sadly, my magical talents are not of use for such means." Lily says, rising and stretching herself before leaving. "What about you? Surely your organisation could provide the means for us to accomplish both objectives." She isn't exactly sure on what terms her new companion has parted with his old group, she doesn't recall him bringing that up.

    "We could always try convering some of the actual wizards to our cause and then using his resources to travel. In fact, we might also need a hideout, does any of you posess a place where we could stay in time of need?" She, of course, does not have one. At least not one that wouldn't already been taken or ransacked by any rival groups, once they discovered of Six Fingered Hand's demise. Such is life.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Iacobus removes his gaudy, large brimmed, peacock feather tipped hat as a sadness seems to sweep over him, if only for an instant: 'I have relinquished my right to command when I chose to join Tibur's crusade. Of course, my influence still stretches far and as it turns out, I may be able to find a helpful soul willing to procure us with a temporary base of operations in Magrakhar. Let me take a second to think.'

    Spoiler: knowledge (local)
    Show
    (1d20+12)[30]
    Or
    (1d20+12)[13]

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    "Both a pity and a saddening news. While I would not admit it back when we knew you, I can now recognize I was at least tiny bit jealous of your merry band." Lily replies to the news of Iacobus parting his ways with his old crew. She puts her hand on his shoulder in a gesture that should feel comforting, was it not done by known murderer. "Try to look on the bright side. You didn't lead them all to die."
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2018-02-28 at 06:49 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    "Alas, I do not possess such magical talents as well. Perhaps we can find a cheap ride to there? No reason for us to seem suspicious; we're just a band of traveler's. In case something does come up however, I do like to use the guise of 'Vampire Hunters.' People usually are eager to be rid of vampires anywhere. Shall we go back into town and hire a carriage out of here then?"

    On that note, Tibur goes back over to the tree he pinned the spell trap to, and speaks the arcane words to disenchant the parchment.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-02-28 at 09:12 PM.
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Iacobus grins: 'Such honesty and kind words. Mayhaps there is still hope of redeeming yourself in my eyes. For as much as I can see now, time has done good to you Miss Lily. And I certainly am one to believe in change.

    That being said, we should most certainly get going. We at least have an idea as to where we should start. As far as vampire hunting goes, I suppose adopting a grimmer look could help.'


    His hat transforms into a black bandana. His hair becomes silvery-white and grows until it falls between his shoulder blades. His charming traits turn gruff. His well trimmed mustache and goatee become a scruffy, unkept beard. Most notably, a part of his nose is now missing and a long scar runs from the upper lip to his left ear.

    Running a now thick and calloused hand across his scar he says: 'Feels about right.' His voice is much deeper now when he speaks: 'Well? We don't got all day. Le's get movin', mates!'
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2018-03-01 at 04:13 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrayDeath's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the Heart of Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Just making sure you are aware that, while you seem to have decided to go, you have not yet decided WHERE ^^


    Also, shame on me for forgetting this long I had not already done that, here is the OOC Thread!

    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5#post22886115

    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2018-03-02 at 06:34 AM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

    01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

    Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrayDeath's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the Heart of Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    And so, after a short meeting, you decide to begin your Undertaking by going to your contact in Central Maghrakhar.

    You all check out of the Inn at different times, to avoid suspicion and because starting now would be a bit late some time between 5 and 9 o clock, and meet up at the northeast-leading caravan route.

    The first leg of your travels goes without a hitch, letting you reach Maghrakhars border in less than a full day, and utilizing the ubiquitouus Elven Taverns along the main ROads for your first nights rest (Costing a bit more, but given the comfort and Music being more than worth it).


    However, late on the second day in Maghrakhar, while traversing a winding, small valley to get to the pass leading into the centre of the Realm, youa re accosted by a band of a dozen Barbaric Orcs.

    While they do not surprise you in any way (not being perticularly stealthy and most of you being ery observant) there is now ay except flying to avoid the group.

    And so the manage to put around half of their number both roughly 50m before and 100 behind you, one of them holding up his right hand and shouting "Ytop right there, ya guys! THis is a Toll Road!.

    Not that any of you doubt the statement, after all most roads are, just the fact that that band might be responsible for its collection....
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

    01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

    Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    PersonMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duitsland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Ceilia is content during the trip, preferring to walk whenever possible but not minding any parts of the journey inside the carriage. As they wind through they valley and spot the orcs, Ceilia is eager to step out and go to the front. She's grinning by the time they appear, and chuckles at their declaration.

    "Wonderful!" She says, approaching whichever one looks to be their leader - the speaker, if no one else. "Feel free to pay at any time. No?" Ceilia pauses, as if surprised that they aren't being offered gold. "In that case, you will disperse. Don't worry, it isn't an order. It is an opportunity, though, to skip the part where I cleave a few of you in half before the rest flee." She continues, speaking matter-of-factly despite the overt threat.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yup that's Intimidate.

    (1d20+23)[31]
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

    Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Unsure as to the outcome of Ceilia's threats, and sensing agression from the Orcs, Iacobus, still in disguise, reaches subtly towards his weapon's sheath and pulls out... an umbrella, that he opens to protect himself from the warm sun.

    'Don' mind me. Sun's just a lil' tough on the skin, ya' know?'


    Spoiler: OoC
    Show

    Iacobus drew his blade, but it's glammered so nobody knows that yet.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Lilly steps forward, one hand resting on her sword's handle. She looks at the Orc appearing to be the leader of this merry band and speaks a in unpleasant, guttural sounds - the Orc language.

    Spoiler: In Orc
    Show

    "You are in charge here?" She asks. If the Orc confirms, she continues to him and if he denies, she asks to speak with the leader. Either way, she speaks the same words. "You look like formidable warriors. It is a shame you must lower yourselves to mugging random fools. A group like yours should be on the battlefield, making the Empire itself tremble, and yet you are here, hiding from their patrols. You should be eating in the great halls of nobles, whose heads you pot on nearby pikes, not having resort to this. Does that not make you angry?! Does that not make you want to rip and tear some of the local soldier's throats? We can offer you that. Fight us and you shall lose your men for trinkets not really worth it. Join us and we shall pay you. Better, join us and we shall lead you to riches beyond your wildest dreams! Chosoe wisely."

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    (1d20+20)[35]



  26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Tibur remains silent...Staring only at the leader of the group of Orcs with a straight face. He idly waits for the Orc's reactions to his comrade's speeches, prepared to unleash any number of spells should this turns ugly.
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GrayDeath's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In the Heart of Europe
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    The more or less obvious Leader of the Raiders, a quite scarred Orc given that he looks to be in his twenties, nods at Ceilias Answer.
    "Of course you are quite impressive, scary even. Thing is, our boss is even scarier, so sorry Lady, but no can do."

    He and his men are already readying their weapons when Lily steps forward, and seem quite shocked to be berated in orcish by an Elf (unusual given Mghrakhars demograhic makeup).

    Some of the Orcs mutter agreement, others shake their heads in soemthing quite akin to resignation.
    The Leader however tightens the grip on his broadsword, and looks at Lily with a harsh expression.

    "So youwant a real rebellion, huh? Tried that, there`s no beating the empire as long as they are vigilant and have more Clerics than our tribe has members, in this Area of Maghrakhar alone. So yeah, as shameful as it might be, attacking travellers and robbing them is the only path we can take at the moment."

    He shudders a bit, but quickly reins himself in. "Though gotta agree, you seem far too powerful for that, up close. Seems the boss is gonna punish ... us again" At that of his men look at him, or more specifically, as Tibor and Lily notice, at some of his Scars, and seem ashamed....
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

    01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

    Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Banned
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Seeing that the Orcs seem troubled with their boss, Lily decided to change strategy.

    Spoiler: In Orc
    Show

    "You seem burdened by that "boss" of yours. I don't think you need him to actually continue this....unsatisfying life. How about we make a deal? We will take out this boss for you and set you off to continue under less abusive leadership. But once we will raise a force to overthrow the empire and their clerics, we will call on you, and you shall answer the call."
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Diplomacy (1d20+20)[36]



  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Iacobus sheaths his "umbrella" and steps in, breaking character somewhat to address the Orcs:

    'Believe me, brave ones, you've never seen this woman fight if you believe your boss is scarier than her! She is destruction incarnate and I honestly tremble at the mere thought of you getting in a fight with her... I mean, me and my other companions here wouldn't even need to step in; She would cleave you all in half in mere seconds. You would never even see her coming... You see this scar? She inflicted it on me with a mere gesture and a word.. blew off half my face! Took the best healing magic money could afford to repair the damage and it still left me scarred like this.
    I have a keen mind to judge the heart of man, elf and orc alike and I see you all here before us for what you really are: strong, proud and able-bodied, deserving of taking your fates into your own hands! And she offers you a chance to do just that and even more: to be free! You should take it. I know I did...
    If you choose not to heed Lily's words, I very much hope you are all in good favor with your God because you will be meeting them soon.'

    Spoiler: Fear Lily! (bluff)
    Show

    (1d20+24)[36]
    Or
    (1d20+24)[27]
    So basically I'm trying to convince them into fearing Lily more than their boss
    .

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Against the Empire and the Faith [IC]

    Tibur sits still, but excited, "I knew I told the right people about my plans." He knew that even though he could be a big-talker, he wouldn't be able to influence these men. His comrade's abilities complimented what he lacks and that was exactly how he liked it. He softly whispers an incantation as his eyes begin to glow with a soft green light.

    He continues to stare at Orc party leader and speaks in Orc also, "I would listen to the woman, brethren. We are no serfs, and no man who joins would be considered as such. There is work to be done, and if you stand in the way of that work, I won't stop her."

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Tibur is casting Enhanced Diplomacy as a Still Spell and will attempt a hopeful diplomacy check lol +8 diplomacy +2 spell bonus on the one check.
    (1d20+10)[20]
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •