New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Soldiers and Scumbags IC

Lorak wordlessly nods. He rummages through the food bin and takes a few meat sticks and other rations. He drives off and leaves you with the chimera.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show

Rolling stealth in sets of 3 days.
    (1d100)[91]
    (1d100)[85]
    (1d100)[92]

Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Louie and Zya
    Show
    After a few days of following the convoy, Lorak gets too close and is sighted by the Supply trucks. His bike explodes from the shots fired by the soldiers and Lorak is thrown on the ground unconscious and the Dominate soldiers take him prisoner.
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-04-25 at 06:55 AM.
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

When the sound of gunfire cracks through the air, Zya pulls herself off from her seat with rapid haste, and kneels down again behind Drazz. "Native's in trouble. Drazz, wait five minutes, then lead the squad in a frontal assault. Fingers, you're with me. Gonna flank 'em." she growls, slipping through the Chimera's side-door and sprinting off into the forest. She and Louie swing out about 30 meters from the path as they head towards the sound of explosions and engines, and pull up on a vantage point. "Lorak down. Looks like he got too close. Fingers, when the others blast in, we're on marksman duty. Copy?" she says, voice low and quick, before she moves off a little, making sure there is at least some space between her and Louie.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

++Now it's an even worse time to fight.++ Drazz countered through the vox channel, trying to figure out what exactly had happened with little intel. ++What's happened, is the bugger dead or prisoner?++
    Last edited by Caellath; 2018-04-26 at 06:03 PM.
    Quite active, though even moreso over Discord. Hit me up for W40k and Lancer games.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Uya Rak was not known for being a particularly unreasonable ogryn. But today, he was eager to bring the Emperor's peace to his enemies. Days of trudging around had left the ogryn very bored... And quite eager. He was fidgeting in the chimera, clearly agitated.

"Not to be a pain, but big guy is about to bust at the seams with the Emperor's wrath. Reckon we best direct it while we can!"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A few moments after Drazz' question comes over the micro-bead, ++The native has been taken prisoner. Still alive. And we 'aint got a choice, Drazz. We can't follow them quietly with the Chimera without our tracker, we either attack now when we've got 'em flanked, or we get attacked when they spot and hear us. Get that engine revved and hit 'em hard. Our boy's in the truck on y'left, so try and crash into the right one.++

7. - Top - End - #97

BlueKnightGuy

"Tell 'im to shove it." Drazz grumpily replied to the Uya's handler before replying to Zya. ++Ah ****. Then try an' drop the Dominate in one o' the trucks, we can't explode 'em or the local's a deader.++

"Well, now tell Uya we doin' it."
    Last edited by Caellath; 2018-04-26 at 06:17 PM.
    Quite active, though even moreso over Discord. Hit me up for W40k and Lancer games.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Aces racks the bolt of Piecemaker in preparation for action.

”No offense, but ain’t supakeen on stickin’ our necks out for the biker. Figgur we should stick to our biz and hit the oh-bee-gee. But whatever—better rebels then orks.”

Leroy declined to mention that the sounds of a battle may attract orks.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Louie, for once, stops talking. He and Mouse slip on their chameleoline cloaks, seeming to vanish into the surrounding terrain as they creep through the trees to set up an ambush. They ghost along until they find an elevated area in front of the convoy and hunker down, sighting along their rifles at the driver of the prisoner's truck. Louie whispers into the comm-bead.

Ready when you are. Target in sight.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Stealth to position: [roll]/1d100[/roll]. This is worth spending Fate on, so if it fails (1d100)[91]

Rolled in OOC, fate not needed, 7 DoS.

Then double action aim at the truck driver.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2018-04-28 at 11:43 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Drazz' instruction to shove it was heard loud and clear. It was answered with what sounded and felt suspiciously like an angry ogryn punching the inside of the chimera's chassis as hard as he could, followed by some grumbling. The Ogryn exited the chimera and started walking towards the enemy's location. "Why you gotta be ornery for? Well, if he wat'nt fired up before, those Dominate boys in for it now." Shea departs after Uya, jogging to catch up. ++Y'all shout out a target or I'ma just let 'im do his thing++

11. - Top - End - #101

BlueKnightGuy

Drazz was a bit startled by the punching, but it only made him further pissed. He couldn't even guess how an Ogryn out of all people had heard him over the noisiness of the situation and when he hadn't even shouted the reply to Shea, much less understood what 'shove it' meant, but there he had it.

"Shea, the ogryn keeps hittin' the Chimera, he's bein' left behind." the techie groaned at the handler. He was normally sarcastic but had the habit of getting far too grumpy when under pressure.

Meanwhile, Scrapper was more or less paralyzed, shrinking in the seat closest to Drazz.
    Last edited by Caellath; 2018-05-04 at 12:39 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Louie whispers curtly into the vox. If yer all done playin' around, I think there's a deaf pilgrim on Holy Terra that ain't heard ya yet. I'm in cover, target in sight an' approachin'. I'm firin' when he gets ta a hunnred an' ten meters out, or we're gonna lose this chance. Some distraction or backup'd be 'preciated.

He lays flat on his belly behind some shrubbery, peering through his scope at the driver of the prison truck. Mouse lies next to him, finger on the trigger of his own rifle.

Show
    Aiming and aiming and aiming.

13. - Top - End - #103

BlueKnightGuy

Drazz sighed and drove towards the path to get Aces to open up. He couldn't do anything aside from driving closer and Scrapper was beyond useless without his gunner certification.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Drazz sneaks the Chimera closer to the Supply trucks. They don't notice him. You can hear the engines revving. They're about to leave!

Spoiler
    Show
    Do you let them drive off or COMBAT? If it's the latter, you get a surprise round.
    Games that I am in

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Takin' the shot. Mouse, volley fire. The spotter's shot rings out, followed a split second later by the crack of the long-las aimed at the driver's head.

Show
    Taking an aimed shot at the driver. (1d100)[47] vs 83(38 +30 unaware +20 double aim +5 volley fire -10 Called Shot)

If it hits, (1d10+5)[7] (minimum 7), Pen 3, additional 1d10+1 per every 2 DoS (accurate and ambush, max of 2 extra d10) (1d10)[10], (1d10)[3]

EDIT: 21 damage, Pen 3 (because accurate counts the original straight-pass DoS, but ambush only counts additional DoS). Unless he's a Space Marine in disguise or his windshield is made of whatever spaceship observation domes use, that guy is super dead.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2018-05-08 at 09:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Zya slips down the gentle slope to the path, slamming up against a tree with her back to it, counting two seconds after the sharp crack of Louie's gun, and turns, letting out a volley of sharp hellgun blasts.

Show
    Semi-Auto burst

BS Target 52 (1d100)[38]

Damage - (1d10+4)[7] Pen 7, Minimum 6 damage

if BS roll is below 32 (1d10+4)[6] Pen 7, Minimum 6 damage

If BS roll is below 12 (1d10+4)[11] Pen 7, Minimum 6 damage

17. - Top - End - #107

BlueKnightGuy

Drazz keeps driving while sighing at the situation, and for his part Scrapper just looks nervous and about to curl up in a ball. Frakkin' Dominate.

Spoiler: 1st Turn's Actions
    Show
    Full Action: Move at Tactical Speed.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

There was really only one time Shea raised her voice to Uya, "THEY DONE SAID MEAN THINGS 'BOUT THE EMPEROR! KILL 'EM ALL!"

Uya bellowed and charged, wildly firing his ripper gun in the enemy's general direction until he got into crushin' distance of an enemy.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

The Driver of the Truck holding Lorak was reminecising about his family. He was going to see them again after 15 years give or take and this time he wasn't leaving ever again. As soon as his side took over this planet he could go home. He planned to open a farm with his parents once he got home. All these dreams were shattered when Louie's Long Las implodes his head. His gunner looks on in horror before yelling AMBUSH! This along with the Imperial Chimera throwing up massive amounts of noise got everyones attention. The first trucks gunner for unknown reasons held off firing. Zya's shot hits a soldier on the first truck and hurts him badly. He looks pissed and shoots at Zya.

The Dominate soldiers started firing at Zya,Louie and the Ogryn who comes barreling out of the forest with his gun firing wildly. The Gunner on the second truck begins firing at the Chimera.

Spoiler: Troops
    Show
    Louie's: (1d100)[21] v 40 (30 base +10 Aim+ 0 Semi Auto)
    Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Damage: (1d10+3)[13] Pen 0
    <21 Additional Hit:(1d10+3)[5] Pen 0

Zya's: (1d100)[23] v 40 (30 base +10 Aim+ 0 Semi Auto)
    Show
    Damage: (1d10+3)[7] Pen 0
    <21 Additional Hit:(1d10+3)[5] Pen 0

Uya's: (1d100)[15] v 40 (30 base +10 Aim+ 0 Semi Auto)
    Show
    Damage: (1d10+3)[9] Pen 0
    <21 Additional Hit:(1d10+3)[8] Pen 0

Uya's: (1d100)[71] v 40 (30 base +10 Aim+ 0 Semi Auto)
    Show
    Damage: (1d10+3)[7] Pen 0
    <21 Additional Hit:(1d10+3)[10] Pen 0

Spoiler: Gunner
    Show

Attack: (1d100)[51] v 30 (30 Base -10 full auto +10 aim)
    Show
    (1d10+4)[12] Pen 3
    (1d10+4)[7] Pen 3
    (1d10+4)[11] Pen 3

Games that I am in

20. - Top - End - #110

BlueKnightGuy

++How's izzit goin', lads? Keep me up-to-dayte on whatever's gonna shoot me, a'ight?++ Drazz asked as he dosed the amount of pressure he put on the gas and used the throttle sparingly, maintaining the Chimera at a steady pace to avoid threats while allowing Ace to keep shooting. The MIU linking allowed for good maneuvering and battlefield awareness, and it was the reason the pilot didn't try a risky sliding dodge just to avoid some piddly stubber fire.

"Ha, it ain't orks. We doin' it. Right?" Scrapper suddenly said from his seat, before being hit with a sudden wave of doubt that made Drazz sigh loudly. "Scrap, yer nerves're made o' mushy crap."

Spoiler: 2nd Turn's Actions
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Louie chuckles into the vox. Heh. Bastard never saw it coming. An' his buddies shoot like drunk grox. What a bunch of fraggin' goons. Mouse, spot fer me. Let's feed these clowns their own teeth.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Companion double action aim at the turret gunner. Louie switch to normal fire and single shot. (1d100)[25] vs 68.

Damage (1d10+3)[10] pen 1 min 5. Extra from accurate if needed (1d10)[5] (1d10)[2] 17 total to the bastard
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2018-05-26 at 03:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ducking behind the tree as a few more shots slam into it, Zya laughs, shaking her head. ++Frakkers couldn't hit the broad side of Drazz's mum at this rate!++ she voxes through to the others, before rolling out from the tree, and dashing forwards to slide and crouch beside a rotting log, checking her target before arming and throwing a Krak grenade to roll under the chimera their boy isn't in.

Show
    BS roll to throw - (1d100)[55] vs 62 (+20 IIRC from Chimera side)

Damage (2d10+4)[13] Pen 6
    Last edited by Genth; 2018-05-27 at 06:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

BlueKnightGuy

++Coz' my mum's arse's half as wide as yers. Bet they'd hit that one.++ Drazz commented over the comms.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Uya continues to bellow incoherently, bee-lining to the nearest unfortunate foe with his ripper gun still firing madly in their general direction. The ogryn wouldn't worry about injury until it impeded his ability to dispense the Emperor's peace.

Show
    I'm not sure what kind of damage I took, still fairly new to Only War.

Melee as soon as possible, spray and pray until then.

(1d100)[33]

Spoiler: Stat reference
    Show
    WS - 30 (8+20)
    BS - 33 (13+20)
    S - 48 (13+20 +10 +2 +3)
    T - 50 (8+20 +10 +2)
    AG - 27 (14+20 -10 +3)
    INT - 14 (9+20 -15)
    PER - 32 (12+20)
    WP - 32 (12+20)
    FEL - 32 (12+20)
    Last edited by XIII; 2018-05-30 at 09:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

BlueKnightGuy

Aces fires at the enemy truck that doesn't hold a prisoner.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Aces spent the first turn aiming. The second goes as follows:

Comrade: Ranged Volley (+5 BS)
    Half Action: Full-Auto at the truck not carrying a prisoner (BS 33 +10 Short Range +20 Aim +5 Volley +30 Target's Size -10 Chimera -10 Auto = TN 78)
    (2d10b1)[5]

Damage if he hits (Pen 5, explosive):
    (2d10b1)[5]+8 (2d10b1)[5]+8 (2d10b1)[3]+8 (2d10b1)[10]+8 (2d10b1)[6]+8 (2d10b1)[7]+8
    Half Action: Aim
    Last edited by Caellath; 2018-06-06 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the second half action

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Aces’s gunfire glances off of the trucks armor, which earns a sneer from the Gunner, right before his head explodes from Louie’s shot. He collapses and one of the other soldiers move to replace him. The gunner on the other truck seems to shake himself out of it and opens fire on the chimera. The rest of the Gunmen continue firing at Zya, Uya and Louie. Uya misses his shots again. Zya’s grenade goes off with a resounding boom and the truck starts smoking from the bottom.

Spoiler: Troops
    Show
    Louie's: (1d100)[57] v 40 (30 base +10 Aim+ 10 Single Shot)
    Show
    Damage: (1d10+3)[9] Pen 0
    Area: (1d7)[3]

Zya’s : (1d100)[43] v 30 (30 base +10 Aim+ 0 Semi Auto)
    Show
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4] Pen 0
    Area: (1d7)[7]
    <21 Additional Hit:(1d10+3)[11] Pen 0
    Area: (1d7)[7]

Uya's: (1d100)[83] v 40 (30 base +10 Aim+ 0 Semi Auto+10 Size)
    Show
    Damage: (1d10+3)[5] Pen 0
    Area: (1d7)[2]
    <21 Additional Hit: (1d10+3)[4] Pen 0
    Area: (1d7)[1]

[/SPOILER]
    Spoiler: Gunner
    Show

Attack: (1d100)[66] v 50 (30 Base -10 full auto +10 aim +20 Size)
    Show
    (1d10+4)[10] Pen 3
    (1d10+4)[8] Pen 3
    (1d10+4)[9] Pen 3
    (1d10+4)[10] Pen 3
    (1d10+4)[14] Pen 3

Games that I am in

27. - Top - End - #117

BlueKnightGuy

Drazz kept driving while the enemy gunner missed all their shots, and Aces kept firing.

Spoiler: 3rd Turn's Actions
    Show

Spoiler: Ace's 3rd Turn
    Show
    Comrade: Ranged Volley (+5 BS)
    Half Action: Full-Auto at the truck not carrying a prisoner (BS 33 +10 Short Range +10 Aim +5 Volley +30 Target's Size -10 Chimera -10 Auto = TN 68)
    (1d100)[36] (4 DoS, 4 hits)

Damage if he hits (Pen 5, Explosive):
    (2d10b1)[9]+8 (2d10b1)[9]+8 (2d10b1)[9]+8 (2d10b1)[10]+8 (2d10b1)[9]+8 (2d10b1)[5]+8
    Half Action: Aim
    Last edited by Caellath; 2018-06-06 at 04:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Eat las, heretic scum!" Zya yells, turning and aiming to shoot through the one of the Chimera's windshields

Show
    Half Action Aim, Then Shoot

(1d100)[39] TN72 (+10 Range, +10 Aim, +10 Accurate)

(1d10+4)[10] Pen 7,

(1d10)[10] If attack roll is below 52

(1d10)[6] If attack roll is below 32

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Show 'em what you got, Uya!]

Uya's ripper gun stops barking in the general direction of the enemy as he begins to pick up speed and charge the enemy!

Show
    No idea how close Uya is to actually hitting someone over the head.

30. - Top - End - #120

RedWizardGuy

Nicodemus wasn't precisely useful in a firefight at the moment. He eyed the distance towards the enemy, figuring that the paltry range of the Compact Las Carbine they gave him wouldn't be enough. What he could do however was at least make the rest of the squad performed a bit better. He put the Las Carbine down in his lap, taking out his Psy Focus, a small set of prayer beads with a sacred bone hanging from it. Focusing, he drew upon the Warp to hopefully enhance his allies. Once the power had been used he took his Las Carbine back up and aimed out of one of the Chimera's windows if there was still room.

Sawyer eyed up Nicodemus while he used the power, waiting to see what happened before taking a shot at one of the heretics.

Show
    Casting Prescience with the first Half Action, Aiming with his second.
    Focus Power Roll (Challenging): (1d100)[11] 39 (Per) + 10 (Psyniscience) + 10 Psy Focus + 5 Psy Rating (Fettered) Everyone gets a whopping +2 to WS and BS. (No exploding heads.).
    Last edited by Aruetii; 2018-06-17 at 05:35 PM.