Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Magic Returns

I suppose if you're willing to help, we could use all the help we could get. Luna admits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Gulan looks at Kunal for guidance. The black robed orc makes a theatrical shrug. <"You are jejay not me. It's your decision.">

Gulan looks pained. <"This is a thing. This is a thing that is happening to me. Storm, why is this thing happening to me?">

Again Kunal makes the same overly theatrical shrug.

Gulan speaks in Common. "I suppose we could use more eyes. Welcome to our band. We leave in a few hours, I think?"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Kirk - High Elf Monk/Wiz

Kirk gives a respectful bow to the wizened orc.

Thank you, I am sure you will not regret this decision. I will go speak with the caravan master to receive what was promised me and then return. I will be back within the hour.

He then respectfully makes his exit.

[I don't really want to role play the exchange with the caravan master. Would prefer to just say I went and did it, and am back with the band when they are readying to move out.]

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Clara Starflower—half-elf bard

"I also need to check in with the caravan before moving forward," adds Clara, "but I look forward to joining you, and learning more about this pilgrimage you are on."

She goes with Kirk to check in with the caravan master.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Agreed on skipping the caravan RP, this has taken enough time. I'm ready to see what's ahead.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

There's not really a ceremony when the orcs leave the town. Just Gulan running around like a chicken with it's head cut off for a few hours before everyone seems to be packed.

The orcish leader stands at the head of the group and waves a hand. <"Forward to our lands!"> He calls out. And once more in Common.

The caravan picks its way south following no specific trail. The first orcish migration in a century has begun.

What troubles will come their way?

6. - Top - End - #306

Luna will keep her eyes alert for any danger.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zigbar is completely oblivious to his surroundings as he sequesters himself in one of the caravans and continues tinkering on his beloved Thunder Monger.

His precious. Something that his rival Zehanort will never be able to replicate. Never!
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #308
    Firbolg in the Playground

says "One for the road!" and swallows some wine

"Onward to what may come

and lights a pipe and comes along.
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Kirk passes the time when not actively guarding the procession in discussion with the more elderly members of the orc group inan effort to learn as much as he can about their traditions and customs, taking frequent notes when conditions permit.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Bek'kuh- Half-Orc Druid

How exactly do you approach people you yelled at within seconds of meeting them?

Well, in Bek'kuh's case, the answer seemed to be "awkwardly hover what you hope is a respectful distance away and pray they notice you first."

She's not sure if the... bluer elf notices her (his name was said a few times. Something with a K. Or at least a hard C) but she's more intrigued by the girl elf- not only because they exchanged slightly more words, but there was also something achingly familiar about her. How her features were less... stereotypically Elven than an elf's should be. It felt as though nature had led her to something of a kindred spirit.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-03-20 at 01:59 PM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Chapter Two

<Once we were many, we ruled the plains with wolf and sword. The One Eye came to us and said "we can be the greatest of the peoples." So we listened. The sea folk grew frightened of our strength and destroyed us. Now we must walk our lands forevermore.>
    Orcish oral history.

The journey is not strenuous, the orcs walk at the speed of their slowest member. It's only been five days since they have been on the new journey, but they appear to be able to do this forever.

Scouts have reported howling wolves over the course of the last night or two. When asked Gulan and Kunal just look at each other gravely.

Today the advance scout see one, now two, now ten;

Giant dire wolves, each ridden by an orcish warrior.

Well, this took a turn.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zigbar shrugs. "So? You are orcs too. Why the concern?"
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #313
    Firbolg in the Playground

shifts his weight and keeps his hands at his sides, trying not to look threatening, but ready if a fight starts.

14. - Top - End - #314

Luna herself keeps a wary eye out.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Kirk casts Mage armor and keeps himself ready to spring into action.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ettin in the Playground

Bek'kuh- Half-Orc Druid

The grip on her staff tightens as she hears the howls. They sound deeper than usual. Bigger, even.

Hwr suspicions are confirmed when nearly a dozen orcs riding wolves approach them.

From what she understands, these Wolf Riders were what humans saw when they saw orcs. What her tribe used to be like, even, before settling and making peace.

Still, there wasnt much for it. She approaches in a friendly manner, taking a few steps ahead.

{Hail, brothers! And sisters. Siblings!} She begins in Orcish. {And well met.}

Yeah. That should go over well.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Zigbar shrugs. "So? You are orcs too. Why the concern?"
    Kunal leans down to Zigbar. "Not exactly the same tribe. The Riders are a bit more, what's the Common phrase 'old guard'."
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Bek'kuh- Half-Orc Druid

The grip on her staff tightens as she hears the howls. They sound deeper than usual. Bigger, even.

Her suspicions are confirmed when nearly a dozen orcs riding wolves approach them.

From what she understands, these Wolf Riders were what humans saw when they saw orcs. What her tribe used to be like, even, before settling and making peace.

Still, there wasnt much for it. She approaches in a friendly manner, taking a few steps ahead.

{Hail, brothers! And sisters. Siblings!} She begins in Orcish. {And well met.}

Yeah. That should go over well.
    One huge wolf pads forward effortlessly. It doesn't seem to care about the extra weight on it's back. The rider is festooned in leather and metal. He glares at Bek'kuh. "{Hail and well met sister.}" his scorn is clear. Oh, right; Wolf Riders are patrilineal. Crud. "{What is the meaning of this band? Why do you walk our lands? Where is your chieftain, little girl?}"
    Last edited by Meriss; 2019-04-23 at 05:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

Bek'kuh- Half-Orc Druid

She was no stranger to the contempt of others- he was used to it, from her time among humans. It was novel to see it coming from one of her own kind, especially when growing up, she was never seen as paricularly lady-like. She meets his glare with a blank stare of her own.
    {I am Bek'kuh, Council to chief Gulan of the Storm Children. We walk your lands as part of a ritual that celebrates the Storm's return. We only wish to pass through in peace. }