New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Promised Neverland: Promises kept and broken (to be edited)

Spoiler
    Show
    Hm... I actually don't think it's going to be that kind of monkey paw effect. I assume it will consider the escapees cattle, too, or less likely, yes, make it part of the promise they have to stay. I'm not sure what other thing it might ask. Just Emma seems to simple. And freeing them would pretty much negate 90% of the plot.

For a moment I've wondered why Minerva even made a deal that served the demons in any way and not just killed or banished them, but I guess he knew either god (who I still want to know where they came from) or his demon allies wouldn't have agreed to.
    I guess I kind of get his actions, though, but I don't know why he gave up his allies first. But... just punishment for him? Maybe.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Us not getting to see what God asks of Emma is ****ing annoying.

Otherwise this is a good chapter. I wonder if Don and Gilda and wolf-girl will realize how ****ed up it is that both of their allies in this situation are perfectly willing to betray them. Norman's group will kill all the demons if they can, and again as I've said many times before, the only thing stopping Sanju from eating the humans he is going to kill here, is that they're farm-born and he prefers The Hunter and Wild Humans.

These are not good people. This chapter was pretty decent though.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Us not getting to see what God asks of Emma is ****ing annoying.

Otherwise this is a good chapter. I wonder if Don and Gilda and wolf-girl will realize how ****ed up it is that both of their allies in this situation are perfectly willing to betray them. Norman's group will kill all the demons if they can, and again as I've said many times before, the only thing stopping Sanju from eating the humans he is going to kill here, is that they're farm-born and he prefers The Hunter and Wild Humans.

These are not good people. This chapter was pretty decent though.
    Aishe, while farm-born, isn't farm-grown.

I wonder if she is fair game for Sonju if he realizes that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Aishe, while farm-born, isn't farm-grown.

I wonder if she is fair game for Sonju if he realizes that.
    She's probably the closest to "wild human" Sonju would probably be able to get, so... we'll see.

New chapter! I suppose the new promise isn't as magical as it seemed, or at least... it didn't warp everyone out they have to make the effort TO leave. Okay. So everyone is heading to the imperial capital. Oh boy.

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    We finally learn why Norman is rushing along with his violent plan; he's got anime cough up blood disease! In all seriousness this is probably related to the stuff that happened to him in the science lab he was sent to. Delta I think it was I forget. So it's probably that.

Anyway, this was a decent enough chapter, baring the fact that Emma thinks leaving the royals alive is a good idea. They are explicitly evil and will kill you, regardless of the need to eat or not. They HAVE the evil blood inside them, they don't need to eat people, they choose to. They're rich and actively **** over their subjects. Killing them is good. Emma's idealistic nature is taken a bit too far in this aspect, I think. Some people deserve to die.

New chapter!

Not much here. The slaughter begins, and we learn Geelan is actually alive and has replaced many of the royal family's retainers. Huh.

New chapter!

We learn that Geelan was once very Emma like, a good person trying to ensure everyone could benefit, to lift up the lower class so that no one need die.

He failed and was betrayed by the people he trusted, and became just as bad as the others.

At this point I'm genuinely not sure what the series wants me to think.

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    We set up for what is likely to be the soon coming final. Emma and Ray are in the capital, as are the others. They know Norman's plan, and are going to try and stop him. Let's see if it works out.

New Chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Geelan forces get a bit more characterization, we see some horrifying imagery of them sacrificing themselves to Geelan so he can regain sentience, and we get to see the Queen of the demons slaughter everyone around her... only for the demons to reveal suicide bombs! Kaboom! That's it.

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    We see why the Queen is the Queen. Justice doesn't always prevail. And then... it's time for Norman's move.

New Chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Slice and dice, the fight continues. They poisoned all their weapons of course and are purging the city as well.

New chapter, though this may be the last time I post in the thread given the disappearance of most of the people who read it with me...
    Spoiler
    Show

Norman wins. We learn that the Queen has done most of everything she's ever done because she thinks she deserves better meat than God. For some reason we're still supposed to think of her as sympathetic when Emma runs in and see's that it's far, far too late to go back now.
    Last edited by Ventruenox; 2019-09-30 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Cleanup, Aisle D&D