New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Best rider for Druid Mount combo

Quote Originally Posted by Baad007 View Post
    A friend of mine is going to build a moon druid with sentinel while I take Mounted Combatant for the smart horse/knight combo. What do you guys think is the best rider class/build would be?
    So I was working on my ghostwise halfling moon Druid when I came up on this idea and it got my mind racing with cool possibilities.

I settled on making both of them in different clans of a tribe of halfling druids, each clan watching over a different terrain. My lightfoot halfling paladin was chosen by the sacred tree to be the legendary “sun warrior” of the tribe.

Made him an Oath of Glory paladin with a folk hero background.

Planning on them working toward getting their respective great weapons, the Sun Blade and the Moon Sickle.

Just a little flavor tweaking the palys armor was the biggest issue. What do you guys think?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

RogueGuy

Kobold Druid and Kobold Paladin rider (lances are not heavy, so littles can use them) - this may not be the most effective, but funny to me ...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I was just logging in to post about my new shoulder goblin character build when I found this thread, so I'll add my bits here.

With Tasha's custom origin we can get a small creature with a feat at level 1, so the build can be playable from any level.

We will want to be tanky while avoiding heavy armor, since the best mounts are squishy characters that want to be on the front lines (insert your jokes about mounting the bard here). We also want to focus on ranged combat, since we won't be moving during our turn. Artificer would be a great choice, but my table allows UA so I went with stone sorcerer so I could just focus on Con and Cha.

So at first level, we have AC 13 + con + shield (+ shield spell) with mounted combat, with the cantrips of your choice for offense. The rest of the build is open ended for story and party needs. Stay sorcerer or go with sorlock or sorcadin as you like, bard would also play well. Anything charisma based really.

In my group we have a few newer players that need some help, a Barbarian who loves to charge ahead and get surrounded and a warlock with severe AC problems. Coming in at 8th level I started at stone sorcerer 1 / genie (earth) warlock 7. I went warlock for shadow of moil and took repelling agonizing blast for battlefield control. With pact of the tome I have 9 cantrips including 3 with no class restrictions and took the invocation for ritual casting. I play as a PC familiar, living on a shoulder and providing magical protection and support while letting our newer players take the spotlight. Only one session with him so far but I'm really enjoying the results.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Metamagic Mod: Thread Necromancy is a forbidden art.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)