New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Advice for scout/ranger build!!

I'm starting a 3.5e campaign with some friends and I'm really interested in building the "Shower of Arrows" scout/ranger homebrew. I would post a link of the build but the site won't let me. (If you search "shower of Arrows" in google the first link is what I'm basing my character off)

I've only played one other D&D campaign and i choose a Ranger that went into arcane archer PRC. Unfortunately the campaign only lasted to lvl 11 for the party so i didn't get a chance to dive deep into my character but i do have a basic understanding of how the game and character building works.

Our party has a rogue and a cleric with domains in trickery and insanity. I'd really like to make my character a shoot on the run type of archer and not just someone who hangs in the back and snipes enemies. Any advice on optimizing this build would be great. We haven't started playing yet so I still have time to rebuild re-roll ability scores and all of that good stuff. Thanks Everyone!

My character so far:
    "Proteus' Sharp"
    Weapon Longbow
    Human/Scout 1
    Feats: Improved Initiative and Point Blank Shot.
    Class feats: Skirmisher +1d6, Trapfinding
    Ability Scores:
    Str: 11
    Dex:14
    Con:13
    Int:14
    Wis:13
    Cha:9

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Advice for scout/ranger build!!

This should be moved to the 3.5 subform...

1) The linked build is NOT homebrew
    2) The user is asking for optimization help.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Advice for scout/ranger build!!

This forum is for homebrew content- custom classes, races, and the like. You want the 3.5e subforum in the Roleplaying Games forum (Forum -> Gaming -> Roleplaying Games -> D&D 3e/3.5e/d20). You should report your own post using the triangular icon to the bottom-left of your post.

I googled what you were talking about- it looks like you're talking about a character build, not a homebrew class, so following that build directly would be the easiest route.
    Last edited by aimlessPolymath; 2018-03-14 at 05:39 PM.
    My one piece of homebrew: The Shaman. A Druid replacement with more powerlevel control.
    The bargain bin- malfunctioning, missing, and broken magic items.
    Spirit Barbarian: The Barbarian, with heavy elements from the Shaman. Complete up to level 17.
    The Priest: A cleric reword which ran out of steam. Still a fun prestige class suitable for E6.
    The Coward: Not every hero can fight.