New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: 1001 Homebrew Magic Items

72.) Magic Stamp Tool

This magical rubber stamp applies a permanent tattoo in a predetermined design. (An unwilling recipient can resist with a dc 10 fortitude save and an unwanted mark disappears in about a month regardless of the success or failure of this save.)

CL 1; Craft Wondrous Item, Arcane Mark; 1001 gp

http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Stamp_Tool
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

73) Shard of Fools

A Shard of Fools is a small jagged metal black spike covered in runes and arcane symbols. Once daily, when a prepared arcane spellcaster has exhausted all their spells that are of first level or higher, they may activate the shard as a standard action with a small effort of mental will. When they do so, one random first level spell they have prepared in the last 24 hours is returned to them. This spell is selected randomly from each spell prepared without regards to how many copies of that spell were prepared. For example, if a wizard had prepared two copies of magic missile, one copy of animate rope, and one copy of cause fear, there would be a one third chance of getting a magic missile, a one third chance of getting animate rope, and a one third chance of getting cause fear. A Shard of Fools can only be activated once daily, and no one can benefit from more than one Shard of Fools in any 24 hour period.

Weak transmutation; CL 3rd; Craft Wondrous Item, creator must be able to cast prepared arcane spells ; Price 500 gp
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    Disciple of Karsus -PrC for Karsites.
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,
    Master of the Hidden Seal - Binder/Divine hybrid
    Knight of the Grave- Necromancy using Gish

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

74: Ring Of Truth

This ring is a simple band of electrum which, when worn, allows the wearer to distinguish intentional falsehoods, (as opposed to repeating misinformation.) There is no telltale which allows anyone but the wearer to know the ring's power has been activated.

74a: Ring Of Truth (Cursed)

This brass ring compels the wearer to believe every lie told in his presence. Outlandish and rediculous lies, or even lies the wearer otherwise knows to be false are believed. The wearer, however, cannot lie, but compulsively blurts out the truth even if he knows it will cost him his head. The wearer of such a ring is entitled to a Will save, DC 20, to be unaffected by the ring if it is forced on him. Those who fail the save or who voluntarily put on the ring are unable to take it off without the aid of a Remove Curse spell.

75: Web Of Lies

This finely crocheted veil, when worn, allows the wearer to lie like a rug. Any words spoken through the veil are believable, negating any and all magic which can discern untruth.Common sense is not negated, and in any case in which the listener knows the truth a Will vs. Will check, at -5, is allowed.

There are three types:
    Single Use = up to 25 words in a single falsehood
    Use until caught lying = The veil retains its power until a successful Will check is made against it.
    Permanent = Unlimited minutes, unlimited lies.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

76) Training Orb

This small glass orb glows faintly when a command word is spoken and stops glowing when the same command word is spoken. The orb does not glow brightly enough to provide substantial illumination, and in bright light, the glow can be barely noticed. These orbs serve no intrinsic purpose but they are frequently made as a prototype by mages learning to create magic items. A small number of the orbs have fallen into the hands of various criminals who have used them as part of con-jobs where they need to pretend someone has magical skill.

Faint Evocation; CL 1; Craft Wondrous Item and light, price 100 gp.

77) Ring of Ultimate Spell Storing

This ring functions like a major ring of spell storing but with two differences. First, spells cast by it have caster level equal to the maximum for the bearer's own caster level or the minimum caster level for the spell (essentially like a staff). Second, when you cast a spell from the ring, once daily when one casts a spell from the ring, the bearer may sacrifice a spell slot or prepared spell of level at least the level of the stored spell to have the stored spell not be expended.

Strong evocation; CL 17th; Forge Ring, imbue with spell ability and either wish or miracle; Price 300,000 gp.

78) Grand Ring of Counterspells

This ring functions like a ring of counterspells with two differences. First, the ring may have more than one spell stored in the ring as long as the total number of spells does not exceed six. Second, whenever the ring counterspells a spell, the bearer is instantly aware that it has done so.

Strong evocation; CL 15th; Forge Ring, imbue with spell ability; Price 6,000 gp.

79) Wand Grip A wand grip is what appears to be a regular glove. Some are made out of leather, others out of silk, but they generally are made to conceal their magical nature to an observer. Frequently someone will wear matching wand grips on both hands, or wear a wand grip on one hand a non-magical matching glove on the other. A wand grip provides three advantages. First, one can via an extremely fast mental command move a wand (but not any other type of magic item) that is somewhere on one's body into one's hand. This is a free action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. Second, one may while one has a wand held in a wand grip issue the spell trigger mentally, allowing one to cast silently. Third, one may use a wand one is holding to directly channel magical energy in an attack. This essentially functions as a ranged touch attack that consumes one charge from the wand and does 1d6 damage per a spell level in the wand. This is pure arcane energy so it is not subject to damage resistance or spell resistance.

Moderate transmutation; CL 7; Craft Wand, Silent Spell, mage hand; price 12,000 gp
    Last edited by JoshuaZ; 2018-06-13 at 02:23 PM.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:
    The Seekers of Lost Swords and the Preserver of Future Blades Two interelated Tome of Battle Prcs,

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

A couple of suggestions for slight modifications added in blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    74a: Ring Of Truth (Cursed)

This brass ring compels the wearer to believe every lie told in his presence. Outlandish and rediculous lies, or even lies the wearer otherwise knows to be false are believed. The wearer, however, cannot lie, but compulsively blurts out the truth even if he knows it will cost him his head. In such a dire case, however (i.e. when loss of life of life or limb or other catastrophic consequences may follow) the wearer is entitled to a Will save, DC 20 to withhold the truth; the wearer, even if the save is successful, is unable to lie and the effort to keep quiet is obvious to all who can see or hear him. The wearer of such a ring is entitled to a Will save, DC 20, to be unaffected by the ring if it is forced on him. Those who fail the save or who voluntarily put on the ring are unable to take it off without the aid of a Remove Curse spell.

75: Web Of Lies

This finely crocheted veil, when worn, allows the wearer to lie like a rug. Any words spoken through the veil are believable, negating any and all magic which can discern untruth. Common sense is not negated, and in any case in which the listener knows the truth a Will vs. Will check, at -5, is allowed, with veil's wearer substituting his/her CHA modifier for WIS.
    76: Lasso of Truth.

Wonder Woman's golden lasso; 'nuff said. May be applied by stealth or guile, otherwise requires a ranged touch attack and is considered an exotic weapon.
    -- Joe
    “Shared pain is diminished. Shared joy is increased.”
    -- Spider Roninson
    And shared laughter is magical

Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.
    You are completely welcome to use anything I post here, or I wouldn't post it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

77: Intelligent Rope

Each Intelligent Rope is an individual. As such, each has its own character and characteristics. In general, they prefer to be used, and stowing them in a backpack for extended lengths of time will cause them to be unhappy. They follow the rules for NPC Loyalty and Morale.

They are immune to bludgeoning, take only 1 point, (plus full magical damage if applicable,) from piercing attacks, and full damage from slashing, fire, and acid.

Each has ability scores for use in combat and social situations. The rope cannot speak, read, or write, but can see in complete darkness or bright light and can hear normally, with the exception that they have no flanks or rear. Many choose to pantomime in order to express themselves, but this is not universal.

Alignment is determined as follows:
    2d5 Alignment
    2 Chaotic Good
    3 Chaotic Neutral
    4 Neutral Good
    5 Lawful Good
    6 Lawful Neutral
    7 Lawful Evil
    8 Neutral Evil
    9 True Neutral
    10 Chaotic Evil

Note that this creates a tendency to Lawfulness in such items.

The diameter of the rope determines its maximum strength.
    1/4 inch (.5cm) = Str 10
    1/2 inch (1cm) = Str 15 [normal adventurer's rope]
    3/4 inch (1.5cm) = Str 20
    1 inch (2cm) = Str 25

The rope is animated and motile, and can move in a variety of ways, including by grasping and dragging, by serpentine motion, and by stretching and contracting as earthworms do. In any mode its maximum speed is 10.

Rope Use is an innate skill for this item, and as it levels, (Expert Class NPC) it gains two bonus skill points in the skill independently of all other skill points it may earn. Class Skills include Climb and Swim.

Trimming the length of the rope does not result in two Intelligent Ropes. Only the longer piece survives with a proportional amount of its HP permantly lost. Mending acts as a Cure Light Wounds spell. The rope will never allow itself to be purposely cut. Typically such ropes begin as 100 feet in length, but fraying will cause them to age, losing flexibility over time and loss of length averaging about an inch per year.

7. - Top - End - #67

77: Intelligent Rope
    This seems interestingly specific. Is it inspired by something in particular?

(Also, the tendency to Lawful alignment is quite strong: 52%. And Neutral outweighs chaotic by 2:1 for the rest. That's one of the things that, to me, suggests a particular inspiration. That and being intelligent in the first place.)
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

Always remember that anything posted on the internet is, in a practical if not a legal sense, in the public domain.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by jqavins View Post
    This seems interestingly specific. Is it inspired by something in particular?

(Also, the tendency to Lawful alignment is quite strong: 52%. And Neutral outweighs chaotic by 2:1 for the rest. That's one of the things that, to me, suggests a particular inspiration. That and being intelligent in the first place.)
    It's a magic item a DM introduced when we were stuck in a maze on our way to the Demonweb Pits way back in 1981-2 or thereabouts. We went left. We went right. We went forward and back. None of the eight or so players there, myself included, looked up. There was an impossibly high roof above a beholder's lair which had a passage leading down.

The beholder's treasure included an Animated Rope, so Tom gave it a personality. It had explored the caverns while the beholder was elsewhere and knew about the passage down, but it had not found the way up. We used it to trap driders.

I hadn't thought about Rope-A-Dope in many years until I saw your Lasso. I never saw the DM's notes on the original, so I made up my own. If DM Tom reads this, and still recalls a dungeon he ran forty years ago, I'd love to see how my version compares.

Rope-A-Dope was decidedly Lawful, but if it was Good or Evil never was resolved. We didn't have a paladin. Tom said something about ropes being Lawful by nature because who could trust a rope that might untie itself to go chasing lightning bugs on a whim?

Note: Rope-a-dope is a reference to Muhammed Ali, who was still popular at the time. He couldn't be hurt by bludgeoning attacks either, or so we thought at the time.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

78) Abjurer's Amulet

This amulet is a small iron circle with five gemstones embedded in it. The amulet can be worn by anyone but will only function for an arcane spellcaster capable of casting Dispel Magic. Making use of the amulet requires wearing the amulet for 24 hours. After one has done so, whenever one counterspells a spell of at least first level, an additional gem in the amulet lights up, storing a small amount of arcane energy. Whenever you cast a spell you may expend one gem as a free action to increase the caster level of the spell by 1 for purposes of penetrating spell resistance or for 1 for purposes of duration. Also, whenever you cast Dispel Magic, Greater Dispel Magic, or any similar spell, you add the number of lit gemstones to your dispel check (or if in Pathfinder to your caster level check).

Removing the amulet for any amount of time immediately causes all the gems to cease glowing, and the amulet will not function again for 24 hours.

Strong abjuration; CL 15; Craft Wondrous Item, dispel magic or greater dispel magic, creator must be a wizard specializing in abjuration or must have Spell Focus(abjuration), price 25,000 gp.

79) Necromancer's Top Hat This appears to be a regular, jaunty looking Top Hat. Once daily, one can issue a command word to duplicate animate dead at caster level 7th. The top hat can create zombies or skeletons but no other more complicated form of undead. The animated dead only last for 24 hours but undead animated this way do not count against the wearer's total. The undead created by the top hat obey whoever is wearing the hat. If the wearer of the top hat has feats, class features, or other abilities which they may apply to make undead they animate stronger than normal, such as the corpsecrafter feats from Libris Mortis, they may apply them to undead created by the hat.

Moderate necromancy; CL 7; Craft wondrous item, animate undead, price 2000 gp.
    Last edited by JoshuaZ; 2018-05-17 at 05:26 PM.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

10. - Top - End - #70

At about the same time, I had a DM who like to give "Knights and Knaves" style puzzles. So, thinking about the various truth and lie items, and your mention of the early 80s, I thought: what if you put the Lasso or a Cursed Ring of Truth on a knave? Perhaps it would be fatal?
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

At about the same time, I had a DM who like to give "Knights and Knaves" style puzzles. So, thinking about the various truth and lie items, and your mention of the early 80s, I thought: what if you put the Lasso or a Cursed Ring of Truth on a knave? Perhaps it would be fatal?
    Anyone thinking about this get teleporteds into this maze.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

80: Figurines: Tin Soldiers

These usually painted toys are made of lead or pewter despite their name. They are magical, and when invoked become full sized soldiers which follow orders to the letter. They are animated objects, not living beings.

Spearmen = 1st level human fighters w/leather armor and spear

Slingers = 2nd level halfling fighters w/padded armor and buckler shield

Berserkers = 3rd level orc barbarians w/hide armor and dual handaxes (Rage automatically when invoked.)

Archers = 4th level elf fighters w/chain shirt and composite longbow

Light Infantry = 5th level hobgoblin fighters w/chainmail, medium shield, and +1 mace

Heavy Infantry = 6th level dwarf fighters w/ splint mail, large shield, and +1 battleaxe

Knight = 8th level human fighter w/ plate mail, tower shield, and +1 broadsword

Mounted Knight = 10th level human fighter w/full plate, medium shield, and +2 lance

The figurines remain animated for the duration of one combat or until slain or disarmed. They are single use items. Archers and slingers have unlimited ammunition, but cannot share it with others. Attempting to remove any item carried by an animated figurine dispels it.
    Last edited by brian 333; 2018-05-19 at 09:08 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Figurines: Tin Soldiers

These usually painted toys are made of lead or pewter despite their name...
    Well, not the lead, but pewter is mostly tin, usually over 90%.

Couldn't they, as an alternative, be made of green plastic? Please?
    Last edited by jqavins; 2018-05-17 at 09:35 PM.
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Well, not the lead, but pewter is mostly tin, usually over 90%.

Couldn't they, as an alternative, be made of green plastic? Please?
    Those are a d20 Modern item. Prone Bazooka dude is awesome. They also come in Tan, (Evil,) Grey, (Neutral,) and Blue, (More Evil.) Don't trust the Grays.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

81: The Wandering Boat (relic)

A fisherman's boat with a built up prow and stern has a single mast, is about six meters (20 feet) long, and about 2 meters, (6 feet,) at the beam sharply tapered fore and aft with a clinker type lapped plank construction. The deck is built directly on the ribs of the hull, and at the mast a thick thwart buttresses the foot of the mast

Forward of the mast is a rowing bench with a pair of oarlocks and a pair of long oars lashed into brackets on eithed side. Almost at ths extrsme stern a steering bench is built in with a steering oar lashed to an oarlock. The mast itself is usually rigged with a single sail and yardarm.

There is a water barrel of about ten gallons capacity, usually full of slightly tarry tasting water, lashed to the deck near the steering bench and a chest built just aft of the mast which contains a braizer and a sack of charcoal. Other provisions and fishing gear may be aboard, depending on the last occupant.

This is Lookfar from A Wizard Of Earthsea. A painted pair of eyes on either side of the prow gaze constantly into the distance. The boat sails itself to where it is needed, and sails away when its task is done.

16. - Top - End - #76

Four ideas I had but which I'm not numbering them yet because I haven't statted them yet

decanter of endless molasses
    seven yard boots
    universal oxidizer
    towel of endless absorbency
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

86: Portable Portal

What appears to be a rug or tapestry cleverly depicting a door is one half of a portable portal. These items are always crafted in pairs. Attempting to redirect the destination destroys both halves of the portable portal.

Distance, or even being on another plane, does not interfere with the function. When both of the cloths are hung vertically the door can be opened, allowing creatures on either side to see through and pass through to the other side. Sight, hearing, even smell can be detected, but only creatures may pass between the two halves of the portal. A portal half at the bottom of the sea would not allow water to flow. Similarly, a portal protected from fire placed in a volcano won't allow heat or lava to pass, though a Magman could.

While hung up any number of creatures may easily pass between them, but both must be hung vertically to function. These items are easily destroyed by any number of methods.

They range in size from large enough to allow a Titan to pass to as small as a fairy, but the typical size is 5' wide by 10' tall.
    Last edited by brian 333; 2018-05-24 at 01:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I hope someone didn't already think of this:

Decanter of Endless Booze: If the stopper is removed from this ordinary-looking flask and a command word spoken, an amount of Wine or Beer pours out. This amount is roughly equal to the amount required to fill a beer stein per round.

The beverages created by the decanter have the following effects when consumed:

1-3 steins: Con +1, Wis and Int -1
    4-6 steins: Con +2, Strength +2, Wis, Int, Dex -3
    6-9 steins: Con +4, Strength +4, Wis, Int, Dex -4
    10+ steins: Unconsciousness.

These effects wear off after a number of hours equal to the number of steins consumed, minus the drinker's Constitution modifier without the improvements conferred by the drink.
    All of these effects can be resisted with a Fortitude save of 12+steins consumed. These effects are not cumulative. Dwarves get a +5 on this save.
    Moderate transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Wondrous Item, control water, Poison; Price 11,000 gp;Weight 2 lb.
    Last edited by Evoker; 2018-05-25 at 02:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Evoker View Post
    Decanter of Endless Booze...
    That's number 87.

88) Gall Bladder of Dahlver-Nar (cursed artifact)

(My brother came up with this when a character played by our friend had already acquired two or three of the teeth and was concertedly seeking more.)

This item looks like one of the Teeth of Dahlver-Nar, but is actually his shriveled, diseased gall bladder. If it is installed in a tooth socket, it causes the victim to be nauseated by all forms of food. Although the victim is sustained by the gall bladder, he feels painfully hungry unless he fills his stomach by eating sand. The sand passes, causing minor damage and considerable pain when it exits.

Since the gall bladder is an artifact, it can not be dislodged by Remove Curse, or other means ordinarily used to dispose of cursed items.
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

89: The Giver
    Wondrous item, very rare, dnd 5e
    Simple/finesse weapon (any) must be the same weapon as The Taker.
    This weapon, when used in conjunction with The Taker allows for the attacker to multiattack, one attack with each weapon.
    Additionally The Giver receives advantage on attack rolls made with it while attacking in conjunction with The Taker. On a successful crit, The Giver heals you for the damage dealt to the target.

90: The Taker
    Wondrous item, very rare, dnd 5e
    Simple/finesse weapon (any) must be the same weapon as The Giver
    This weapon, when used in conjunction with The Giver, allows the character to multiattack, one attack with each weapon.
    Additionally The Taker receives disadvantage on all attack rolls made with it while attacking in conjunction with The Giver. On a critical miss, roll damage as normal, and The Giver damages you for that amount and heals the enemy for the same amount.
    Last edited by Lysdexic1; 2018-05-26 at 01:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

91: Sword of Glory
    Wondrous Item, Very Rare, Requires Attunement. D&D 5E

This sword has a very intricately crafted handle of solid gold, and in the middle of a cheering crowd the blade glows a dull, radiant gold light. While attuned to this blade, you have +1 to all charisma saves. Additionally, while a crowd is cheering you on, you have +2 to Attack rolls with this weapon.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

HalflingPirate

92: Dagger Of Depravity

This intelligent item contains the essence of a devil, and as such it is always seeking to pervert any good impulses to create evil outcomes. However, as a LE entity it has a strict code of behavior which prevents its simply taking over the character; instead it cajoles, persuades, and argues to get its way. It can choose to turn off any of its powers and abilities, turning them on as a reward for bad behavior.

The weapon has no use for a LE wielder, but will attempt to corrupt Neutral or Good characters and it will seek to slay Evil ones to gain possession of their souls. It will commonly bargain with its wielder, offering to improve its performance if the wielder performs evil deeds. For example, it might claim it can only produce +3 Enhancement effects if a helpless victim is slain. It might then require monthly repeats of the sacrifice to 'maintain its power.' It might argue that criminals or monsters don't count because they are already evil to persuade Good characters.

It is a minimum of +2 Enhancement, but can be able to offer up to +5 Enhancement if the dagger chooses.
    It has telepathic communication with anyone who holds it.
    It can inflict up to 5d4 bonus damage of Evil type, (or Negative Energy,) at the devil's option. It may offer only a portion of this total.
    It can inflict Wounding damage.
    It can inflict Agony, (Will save vs. DC 25 to endure, otherwise renders subject helpless for 1d3 rounds.)

If and when the character wielding the blade becomes LE, the dagger will seek an opportunity when the character is within 10 HP of death, then unleash 5d4 damage (Evil) upon its wielder. If this slays the wielder, the devil traps the character's soul for its own use, or for use in bartering with other devils. Such a victim cannot be raised so long as the devil remains upon the prime material plane.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

93: Scaleburn Blade (3.X/PF)
    A weapon with this enhancement, which must deal Slashing or Piercing damage and made of a material vulnerable to corrosion, such as steel or cold iron, is forever heated to a dull red in sunlight and covered in scales of corroded material. Once per round, as a Swift action, or as part of a single Attack action, the wielder of a Scaleburn Blade may break off the scales of rust, patina or other corroded substance, dealing 1d6 Fire and 1d6+Strength Slashing damage to enemies in a 5 ft. cone, and making each attack after that in the same round deal an additional 1d6 Fire damage and increase it's crit range by 1. Doing this causes damage equal to the wielder's Strength score to the weapon, though the weapon regains HP equal to it's Enhancement bonus each round.

Moderate Conjuration; CL 10; Create Magic Arms and Armor, Major Creation, Heat Metal, Price: +2 bonus

24. - Top - End - #84

Items from the shooter Postal 2 by Running With Scissors

91.) The Postal Dude's Boomerang Machete (D&D 3.5)- This is a +1 Throwing Returning Keen Amputating (see #25a above) Machete, except it can be thrown by a non-proficient wielder and the returning property continues to work even if the wielder has moved since throwing it, provided that there is not cover between the wielder and the returning weapon.

Strong Necromancy and Transmutation; Cl 16; Craft magic arms and Armor, Keen Edge, Magic Stone, Telekinesis, Wither Limb; Price 132000 gp

A normal machete deals 1d6 points points of slashing damage, has a threat range of 19-20, and is an exotic weapon.

92.) Shovel of Flight* (D&D 3.5)- This shovel has the bizarre and incongruous property that a holder who jumps in the air and swings it about can fly as per the Fly spell for as long as they keep swinging the shovel around. The shovel lacks the Fly spell's usual failsafe

transmutation; CL 5; Craft Wondrous Item, Fly; 28500-31000 gp

*from enhanced/newgame+ mode

EDIT:
    Actually the shovel may be up to 61000gp, as I neglected to factor in the price hike for being a continuous version of a spell with a duration of less than hours. That said, the awkwardness of its use probably cancels it out.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2018-08-26 at 01:13 AM.

Omegaupdate Forum

25. - Top - End - #85

94) Decanter of Endless Beverage

This item may look like any stopperable container from which drinks are likely to be poured, be it a bottle, a waterskin, or whatever else, even a pitcher so long as it has a close fitting lid. When the stopper is removed and a command word spoken, a stream of any non-magical liquid can be poured forth. Three different liquids can be poured, using three different command words. Ice cold water, boiling water, wine, coffee, strong liquor, or anything else. The liquid need not be potable, so it can be poison, lamp oil, etc.

No more than 25 g.p. worth of liquids can be produced per day, so good wine, brandy, and strong poisons are seriously limited, water is unlimited, and cheap items like poor wine might as well be.

The three liquids and their command words are chosen when the decanter is crafted, and the liquids may be changed later. (For this reason, the command words are often variants on "One", "Two", and "Three".) When the decanter is ready to be "loaded", simply say each command word and then pour in one pint or 10 g.p. worth (whichever is less) of the desired liquid. All the liquids must be thus loaded within one minute, and any command word not so loaded will produce no result until the decanter is reloaded at a later time. To prepare the decanter for reloading, leave it unused for one full week (or longer).
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

26. - Top - End - #86
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

The Stick of Power.

This magic item is a sturdy stick, capable of dealing 1d4 Bashing damage. Attack rolls with it suffer a -2 penalty. However, any creature vulnerable to Mind-affecting effects that sees it must make a DC 15 Will saving throw or become convinced that the stick is, in fact, a massively powerful magical sword. This save can be repeated every day. Any data that they receive that refutes this will be ignored or even reacted to in a hostile manner. If it is used in combat, the wielder believes that his foes are being affected as though they are being struck with a +5 Vorpal Longsword. If struck with the stick, creatures affected by the delusion that it is a massively powerful sword are entitled to a Will save of DC 8 to notice that the Stick is not an actual sword. If they fail, however, they still take damage as though struck with a normal stick.

Caster level: 5th; Prerequisites: Craft Arms and Armor, Suggestion. Market Price: 100Gp.

27. - Top - End - #87

96.) Tasha's Hideous Applause Light
    This device consists of a lanetrn in a large box mounted on a wall. One side of the box is made of clear glass and on it is written the word "LAUGH" in large block letters. The rest of the box is opaque and etched with mystic runes. When the lantern is lit, illuminating the sign, anybody within 35 feet looking on the sign (treat as a gaze attack in a semicircle facing the same direction as the sign) is affected by Tasha's Hideous Laughter (DC 12 resists, CL 4)

Enchantment; CL4; Craft Wondrous Item, Tasha's Hideous Laughter; Price ~16000 (between 8000 gp if we consider it a bulky piece of wondrous architecture {Stronghold Builder's Guidebook pg 70} or 32000 if we consider it an item with no space limitation, possibly up to 38000 if we consider that it can afgect multiple targets); Weight 35 lbs

EDIT:
    Actually the price should be ~30000 gp, it's clearly a bulky piece of wondrous architecture but I forgot the price hike for continuousing a spell measured in rounds
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2018-08-26 at 01:22 AM.

Omegaupdate Forum

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

97) Ammit's Cartouche

This amulet appears to be a small sandstone circle with hieroglyphs denoting Ammit the Devourer. Whenever the wearer casts a spell or uses any other effect with the [Death] descriptor, the save DC is increased by 1, they get a +2 bonus to penetrate spell resistance, and the effect ignores any Death Ward effect whose caster level is at most 10. However, the amulet comes at terrible risk: If a wearer dies at any time while willingly wearing the amulet (magical compulsion or intimidation into wearing it do not count), then Ammit consumes their soul, and it is impossible for them to be resurrected by any means short of divine intervention. So all-consuming is Ammit's hunger that this effect applies even to beings who have a special ability to return, such as a lich.

Strong Necromancy; CL 15, Craft Wondrous Item, able to cast a necromancy spell with the [death] descriptor of at least 7th level, Spell Focus(necromancy). Cost 50,000 gp

98) Blackened Scrollcase

This appears to be a charred scrollcase. The scrollcase is able to hold up to 3 scrolls. If the bearer has had a scroll in the scrollcase for at least 24 hours, then the bearer treats their own caster level as 4 higher for purposes of whether they can cast the scroll without a caster level check, and if they do need to make a caster level check, they get a +4 bonus to the check.

Weak divination; CL 3, Craft Wondrous Item and Scribe Scroll, read magic, cost 500 gp.
    Last edited by JoshuaZ; 2018-06-13 at 03:44 PM.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaZ View Post
    98) Blackened Scrollcase

This appears to be a charred scrollcase. The scrollcase is able to hold up to 3 scrolls. If the bearer has had a scroll in the scrollcase for at least 24, then the...
    Is that 24 hours?
    -- Joe
    -- Spider Roninson

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that 24 hours?
    Yes, fixed thank you.
    My homebrew:

Spoiler
    Show

Completed:
    ToB disciplines:

The Narrow Bridge
    The Broken Blade

Prestige classess:

Worthwhile links:

Age of Warriors