New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default M&M3E: Help modeling the ability to shape/heat/cool metal

So our GM decided to switch an existing Heroes Unlimited game to M&M3E.

The main power of my character is Metal Manipulation. The core of that is the ability heat/cool/reshape metal by touch or at very short ranges. It's been a long while since I cracked my M&M books but I'm not having much luck finding a power that fits that profile. The closest I could find was using Transform, but that really seems to be more of transforming an existing item into something of a different type, (lead into gold etc) instead of reshaping metal into another shape.

The other thought was Create, Flaw:Metal objects only, Flaw: Mass and metal type cannot be changed.

Thoughts or suggestions?
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: M&M3E: Help modeling the ability to shape/heat/cool metal

Quote Originally Posted by Warlawk View Post
    So our GM decided to switch an existing Heroes Unlimited game to M&M3E.

The main power of my character is Metal Manipulation. The core of that is the ability heat/cool/reshape metal by touch or at very short ranges. It's been a long while since I cracked my M&M books but I'm not having much luck finding a power that fits that profile. The closest I could find was using Transform, but that really seems to be more of transforming an existing item into something of a different type, (lead into gold etc) instead of reshaping metal into another shape.

The other thought was Create, Flaw:Metal objects only, Flaw: Mass and metal type cannot be changed.

Thoughts or suggestions?
    Transform is perfect for this, actually. Power Profiles uses Transform to remodel earth and stone in much the same way. You probably also want some sort of Damage effect from burning hot metal, possibly linked to the Transform effect, depending on how exactly you use the metal manipulation.

Transform (Metal from one shape to another), 2 points/rank, plus Continuous modifier (+1/rank) if the metal stays in that shape after you finish with it (which, logically, it should).
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2018-03-19 at 11:37 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.