Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon

Thread: CoD?

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default CoD?

Both are Zilla's, but which should I pick? The druid was my first choice, but since we're playing at such a low level(3) I wouldn't be able to wildshape for a while. I'm coming off a decent hiatus of the RPG, so I've got no really good concepts right now. Give me a little direction, and I sure I could spin something though...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Default Re: CoD?

How cheesy do you want to be? How much fun do you want to have?

If it was Gestalt, you could go Druid/Knight then Druid/Cavalier and make a mounted character for WIN AND GOD.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jalil View Post
    Both are Zilla's, but which should I pick? The druid was my first choice, but since we're playing at such a low level(3) I wouldn't be able to wildshape for a while. I'm coming off a decent hiatus of the RPG, so I've got no really good concepts right now. Give me a little direction, and I sure I could spin something though...
    Neither of them could really 'zilla at that level, so it really comes down to : Which do you find more attractive? Having the potential for a nice big tank and more battlefield control magic, or lots of potential for healing spells?
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Why cleric or Druid? *opinion: I dont really like CoDs much, and generally play the generic caster with their spell list and cha or int for my primry mod.

But, if you must play them, i say druid if you have access to the Spell Compendium (AWESOME SPELL LIST).

Cleric for heling or if you dont have SpComp.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Personally I like clerics, especially at lower levels. Fullplate + better healing + decent melee = surviveability. Of course, I almost always go for a melee cleric as well.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

As Quietus said, you can't really 'Zilla with either of them at that level. However, Druid's a bit better at low levels IMO, since you get some good skills and the animal companion is still relatively useful. You miss out on a little healing ability, but that's what wands and staffs are for (a Wand of Cure Light Wounds is always a good investment, and a bargain at 750gp). And if the campaign does go to higher levels, Druid can 'Zilla at lower levels than Cleric, although Cleric can be a bit more powerful in the long run.