A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default The Humans Came [IC]

You step through the portal, the first to go through. A bright flash of light, and...

A sudden rush of wind. The portal was not perfectly precise-you're about 5' off the ground, leaving you to fall awkwardly. You manage to avoid any real harm, though, and take stock of your surroundings. A slightly snowy, forested mountain.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-03-23 at 09:40 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: The Humans Came [IC]

Azura gasps at the sudden blast of wind. She lands with a clatter of steel and picks herself up, looking around slowly, trying not to smile. It seems inappropriate, but she's always loved forests.

She hears movement behind her and quickly strides forward, clearing the landing site for the others as she takes another look around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anything interesting? Perception if needed (1d20+1)[8]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sutha steps out from the portal, and she too tumbles to the ground, as clumsily if not as noisily in her leather armor. She looks around. "Well, it's definitely not time to plant." She looks around, surveying the surroundings more closely, and looking to see what is in the distance in each direction.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    Sutha steps out from the portal, and she too tumbles to the ground, as clumsily if not as noisily in her leather armor. She looks around. "Well, it's definitely not time to plant." She looks around, surveying the surroundings more closely, and looking to see what is in the distance in each direction.
    There are a few more peaks, visible in the distance. The trees extend all the way down, far as you can see, and there's some rustling that might be animals, or might simply be the breeze. In one of the trees is an old beehive, probably dead.

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Goblin

Yorg steps calmly and takes a look at his surroundings. He does not speak himself, but rather allow the other two be in charge of this operation. A leader is he not and does not claim or desire such a title. He spits on the ground.
    "Place looks good for me. Then again, I never cared for more space than a small hut for myself."

6. - Top - End - #6

Sutha nods her agreement. "Definitely defensible; my only concern is supporting the group under our charge. Give me a minute," she says, as she begins the complex casting ritual to commune with nature surrounding them, which should give them a fairly complete picture of the surrounding area--certainly enough to know whether the population of settlers they are to care for will be able to survive and thrive, at least, and no doubt other useful things she has not yet considered.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Azura nods as well.

While Sutha is communing, Azura takes a few steps off to the side. When she finds a suitably clear area, she takes out her prayer book and begins casting a spell of her own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting find steed. If it works, summoning a celestial war horse.

8. - Top - End - #8

Spoiler: Commune With Nature
    Show
    Pick what facts you want.

As you start your prep, more of your volunteers come through. The first few take some initiative and start putting leaves and other soft(er) things beneath the landing spot. Luckily, when everyone is out, there are no major injuries-some cuts here, a bruise there, but bones are intact, and no one is complaining.

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Goblin

"We should take a small group and scout around, see if there is no danger too close to new home." Yorg says. "Stealth's not my speciality, but lead a few folks. Who knows, we're lucky we might even hunt a dinner."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Azura chuckles at the mention of stealth and taps her own armored shoulder.

"I think it would be best if I stayed here," she says. "Though perhaps once we know the lay of the land a bit better, I can help with dinner."

11. - Top - End - #11

Sutha continues to commune, seeking to better understand her environment.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reposting the questions here:

terrain and bodies of water
    prevalent plants, minerals, animals, or peoples
    buildings

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

Goblin

Yorg goes and picks up seven men from the group, preferably volunteers for a scouting mission.
    "I'm going north. You do North-East, East, South-East, South, South-West, West and North-West. We scout for one hour of a walk in a straight line, then return. You see a threat or pinkskins, you do your best to not be seen and come back. You see anything we should know about, you come back. You see food, you get it and come back. Understood? Then go." He gives the orders, then sets off to do his part.