Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 94
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default The Chase Begins [IC]

    Sir Percidal is sitting on the wall of the fortress, dangling his legs over the side. Down in the courtyard below, you can see Floppin and Elely, his two children, playing with each other. Well... Elely is moreso messing with Floppin, but you can see a paternal grin on Percidal's face.

    He turns to face you all. I've made no secret of what I feel. Not to you, at least. But... I can't find it in myself to tell the Elely and Floppin. I... You know me. I'm a brave man. I've faced down dragons and demons, devils and... Um... Dinosaurs? I think I've fought some, at least. Let's see... he says, drifting off a little in thought. Forget it, not important right now. I just don't know how to tell my own children I might be gone soon. No, that I will be gone soon. After Eva died, they were a mess. I mean, I was too, but I had a goal for myself-to make sure they could live good lives, even without the most wonderful mother in the world. But what can their goal be?
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2018-03-28 at 07:44 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    "I think I understand. Death is a hard thing to face, especially to those so young." Terim feels he really does understand Percidal's difficulty. The mountain man strokes his beard, contemplating. "This may be the last time I ever speak with you. I wanted to thank you for all the guidance. I wouldn't be half the man I am without your help."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Percidal gets up, and claps Terim on the back, sending the man stumbling for a brief instant. Please-you'd've found someone else to guide you. There's a good heart under all that muscle, you know, he says with a smile.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    It varies.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Dirmyx squints a bit. "Sir, I know I've asked before, but are you sure there's nothing we can do to protect you? I still have much to learn from your experiences, and..." (he coughs) "...and I don't know if I can do what you're asking of us." Although he tries to hide it, Dirmyx is worried for the future; both his own and the children's. He glances at his companions, hoping someone will agree.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Dirmyx. If I tried to kill you, right now, what would you do? Percidal asks. There's no malice behind his words, just a simple power of a man who knows he can kick the asses of everyone else present. Look, we all know I'm not the brightest. Maybe I'm wrong-I really, really hope I'm wrong. But if I'm not...
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    It varies.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    The Dragonborn nods, and responds with a simple "Okay." He's only slowly becoming accustomed to feeling emotions other than righteous fury (and, on occasion, hunger), and isn't sure what else to say. But his mind is made up. If Percidal trusts him, he can trust himself.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Bartholomew Crumble looked up at the master , he had been part of the household since he could remember . This man always strong and fearless was finally showing concerns about his mortality and his children . Bartholomew wiped his inked stained hands on the cloth, he kept tucked in his pocket, it was a nervous habit , having not touched any ink today.
    "Sir, you know we will guard the children no matter what happens , but you are still strong and very much alive."
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2018-03-29 at 08:20 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Ser, perhaps we should review again your orders related to the children, there may be some stratagem to aid in the escape we have not yet considered.

    With a wave of his tiny gnomish arms, Lucas made one of the doorways below disappear and be replaced with an illusion of a solid stone wall.

    While Lucas' service to the Lord was compelled by his patron, the Lord was kind and benevolent. Lucas liked and respected him and would genuinely mourn his passing if the premonition proved true.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Right, right. Well, he says, You're to be bringing them to the Sadida kingdom. I've already sent a messenger to Armand, so he'll be expecting you. Once you've gotten the kids safely to there, I'll want you to find ways to make sure they'll be safe, and maybe some way to handle whatever is coming. The reason I want you staying for now is that maybe you can get some knowledge about what it is-I'll fight it, but I don't have a plan. If you can make one... That'd help.

    As he talks, you hear a faint melody, seemingly coming from far away. Percidal cocks his head. You hear- he starts, when suddenly, every single window in the fortress below shatters at once. An explosive outpouring of glass goes in and out, and you can hear some screams from within, from people unfortunate enough to be near a window when it burst.

    Percidal leaps into action, vaulting over the wall and down to where Elely and Floppin are. Dad, what's- Floppin says, but is cut off.

    Something bad, Floppin! Go with my friends, like I've told you!

    But dad, you're gonna kick whoever just did that's butt, right? Elely says, a brief smile coming to her face before she looks towards the windows and screams.

    I don't know, Percidal replies.

    Spoiler: Info Your Characters Would Know
    Show
    Armand is the king of the Sadida kingdom. The Sadida are an earthy, planty people, with their nobility being part-plant themselves. A long time ago, Percidal was part of a group that saved the Sadida kingdom, and beyond that, it's a kind place. Armand will certainly ensure the safety of Elely and Floppin, as much as he is able to.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Terim pulls his cannon off his back. "Do as your dad says. Come on!" At the same time, he watches for threats, keeping his eyes peeled for hostile movement.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Elely and Floppin start running for the fortress. Percidal casts his eyes about, trying to find the source of the threat.

    Just as the children reach the fortress door, a man can be seen at a distance, running for you all. He's almost naked, wearing just scraps of clothes, and his feet are raw and bleeding.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Lucas' attention follows the children to the door, summoning another Silent Image of a stone wall covering and hiding the doorway.

    He then hustles off to find his way down from the wall and into the fortress to rendevous with the children.

    Stryx, stay with the children Lucas commands his invisible sprite familiar to fly down and stick with the children until he can meet up with them inside.
    Last edited by tieren; 2018-03-29 at 01:56 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Bartholomew quickly finds something to hide behind and casts invisibility . Having seen the door and the now blank stone wall he hopes he can enter the door and follow the others, if not he will see what happens with the man coming towards his master . If he has to, he will climb the wall with his slippers of spider climbing to join the others.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    It varies.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Dirmyx helps hasten everyone through the illusion-covered door, then turns to face the approaching man. As he readies his shield and longsword, he shouts "You there! What's going on?" in Draconic, but then immediately corrects himself and repeats in Common.

    Once the man is within 60ft, Dirmyx will use his Divine Sense on him and the surrounding area.

    EDIT: Scratch waiting for the man to approach, just saw DM's OOC post.
    Last edited by Thaumic; 2018-03-29 at 01:39 PM.
    Proud member of the Tautology Club.

    Games I play in:

    The Chase Begins | OOC | IC

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Terim trains the cannon on the strange man. He doesn't seem like a threat, but appearances can be wrong. Terim's finger itches on the trigger, but he doesn't fire yet.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    The man reaches Percidal, who's sword is at the ready. However, the man simply stops. "They're coming," he says.

    What?

    "They're coming," he repeats, and then begins to dissolve. You can see him liquefy before your eyes, his skin sloughing off and the muscle beneath turning to viscous red liquid. His bones are as jelly within, plopping down with a sickly wet thud, and leaving nothing behind but a puddle of scum.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Styx flies down off the wall to stay near the children as they flee. Lucas, still concentrating on the illusion of the stone wall, dashes down the stairs and into the interior courtyard to meet the children.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Soon enough, you're with Elely and Floppin in the courtyard. You see Elely, who never wears shoes, has some cuts on her feet from the broken glass, but doesn't seem overly bothered by them. Floppin, though, seems very concerned, both with Elely and what's going on. What did he mean? What's going on?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Terim is quick to reply. "You two are coming with us. We'll keep you safe while your dad deals with the bad guys."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Aw, but I want to watch him! Elely says.

    Floppin rolls his eyes, and replies with Elely, what if they get past him for a few moments? Or what if they trick him, or something? You know he cares about us more than anything else, and he just wants us to be safe.

    Elely pouts, but nods.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    It varies.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Seeing that the man is now obviously dead, and that everyone is gathering in the courtyard, Dirmyx rushes down the stairs a few seconds after the others. When he arrives, he almost yells to no one in particular, ""We need to get the children out of here! Whatever busted the windows might be inside the fortress."

    He then looks in the direction the man came from, checking to see if there's anyone else in sight.

    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Perception Check, if I need to make one: [roll0]
    Proud member of the Tautology Club.

    Games I play in:

    The Chase Begins | OOC | IC

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2017

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Bartholomew stops his invisibility spell and quickly gathers his belongings. He makes his way to the stables, yelling to the stable hand. Quickly we need horses for the master's children
    and for myself , the others should be here soon.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    The stablehand, who seems to be a in a bit of shock, snaps out of it and nods. "Yes sir, at once!" he replies, and goes to the horses. He takes a few moments to calm them down, then opens the stables.

    Soon, you're all mounted, with saddlebags of provisions ready for you. "Gods give you strength," the stablehand offers before you leave.

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Nothing yet, other than the horizon.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Lucas pulls up onto his mount and commands Styx to fly 80 feet above and relay anything significant he sees.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Terim mounts his own horse and takes the rear, checking behind himself often.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Kobold

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    It varies.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    Dirmyx mounts his horse, putting away his shield in order to use the reigns. Assuming he knows where to go, he'll lead the group.
    Proud member of the Tautology Club.

    Games I play in:

    The Chase Begins | OOC | IC

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    You set off. You see a flurry of activity in the fortress behind you, likely more people preparing to leave.

    Elely looks back, as you ride off. She whispers quietly, saying Go get 'em, dad.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2015

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    [Assuming Stryx reports there is no immediate threat to the party]

    Lucas telepathically recalls Stryx to his shoulder, the sprite flies down and awaits further orders.

    Stryx, fly back to the fortress and from a safe distance try to observe Ser. See what you can learn about whatever threat he is facing and then return to me and report.

    The sprite flies off and Lucas turns to see how the children are coping with the sudden departure. Then to try to keep their minds occupied he says to the group...

    Does anyone know some good traveling games? Perhaps 'I spy'?

    He also uses the opportunity of the suggestion to take a keen look about the road and their surroundings.

    Spoiler: Investigation check
    Show

    (1d20+4)[12]
    If you would instead want perception for this (1d20+1)[9]
    Last edited by tieren; 2018-04-02 at 08:05 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    bc56's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    "I spy too many place for an ambush." Terim didn't survive as long as he did in the wilderness without a healthy (or perhaps unhealthy) dose of paranoia. He's an unusual sight, unkempt, ragged hair and beard prematurely streaked with grey, wearing a suit of jet-black half plate armor and a magnificent red cape with gilt edging.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

    Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: The Chase Begins [IC]

    The group travels for a few hours. As you reach some of the more thickly wooded and hilly portions, you hear a crashing through the trees.

    Spoiler: Perception DC 12
    Show
    Two sources, actually-coming from the same direction.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •