New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Quick Question about a Monster for Every Season

I've read the recommendation to tape a penny at the bottom.

While that is a very cost effective measure, I would rather have somethings a little less... high schooler at his mom's house? I dunno how to explain it.

I've seen other similar models that have a little plastic stand, and I was wondering if any Playgrounders have found a more "presentable" solution maybe with a little stand or something that I can mass order off of Amazon?

Something like this:

https://i0.wp.com/nerdsonearth.com/w...29%2C900&ssl=1

Because I much prefer the Giant's Artwork to those guys.
    You can call me Sivarias or Siv.

Message me some time, I'd love to hear your story, and if you want, I can even tell you mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone
    F.A.T.A.L. doesn't so much as scrape up against the Forum Rules as take a flying leap over the edge screaming 'GERONIMO'.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Quick Question about a Monster for Every Season

The Spelljammer Adventures in Space boxed set came with little plastic stands that looked something like this: _/\_
    My google foo is failing me though, when it comes to finding an actual picture of them.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Quick Question about a Monster for Every Season

I tend to glue a piece of thick, dense cardboard inside the base. I like the fact that that's a permanent solution.

These Pathfinder bases are available from Amazon. I've never tried them, though. Depending on how stiff the cardstock you're using is, they might be too loose, so you might need to add a little extra paper or cardstock to make them work.