Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: FSB vs RHoD (3.5 Private Game)
- Join Date
- Jun 2018
- New England
FSB vs RHoD (3.5 Private Game)
Private game for IRL friends, may open to forum members if I donít get a full party.
Spoiler: Big 161. What game system are you running?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be? What is the setting for the game?
Straight up published module The Red Hand of Doom with a few personal fluff tweaks.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
Here on the PbP forums.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
15,001 starting xp. So either an LA +0 character at level 6, or a more powerful race at a lower level, or spend xp on item creation, LA buy off or whatever.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
13,000 gold, plus one custom item I will give you. When spending, no one item can be more than 49% of your starting gold.
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
No home brew.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
No Goblinoids. Anything else goes.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
32 point buy(DMG pg 169) for ability scores. Max HP first 2 levels, rolled HP after that.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignments are as normal. You may fight and defeat/kill other players and NPCs when the opportunity presents itself without much RP penalty.
No alignment restrictions on classes and feats unless they are intrinsically linked to an alignment for mechanical purposes.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
There is no multiclassing XP penalty.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Use the forum dice roller. You make your rolls, I'll make NPC rolls, though I might make some hidden rolls for you or roll saves and such to save time.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
Triple threat D20 system. Attack rolls use 3d20, first die is to hit, second to confirm a critical, third die is an auto kill if the first roll is a hit and third die comes up 20. Triple threat Die roller format is [rollv] 3d 20 [/rollv] (Remove the spaces inside the brackets).
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Skirt rule is the minimum for backstories (long enough to cover what is needed but short enough to be interesting).
Characters will begin as hired help on a merchant caravan heading into an area known as Elsir Vale. Shared backstory/familiarity is up to you beyond that.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
All of the above, probably combat heavy though given the nature of the module.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Subject to the restrictions above, all official 3e first-party sources are open, including setting books (though please de-flavor the setting-specific stuff, refluffing deitiy specific classes etc.
Will text blast those invited. Make characters here: myth-weavers
Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2020-04-10 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Rules clarifications