New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default best archery feats

I have a question that is running off a previous thread, and I want to know what archery feats to take first two for sure are point blank shot and precise shot, the character in question is a human rogue ranger 2nd level, what other feats should I take, I may put level in fighter for bonus feats if needed

1) point blank
    2)precise shot
    Spoiler
    Show

sig by Bitzeralisis

Old Avatar by Simius

new Avatar by Qwernt

Tiger Paladin of HALO

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: best archery feats

Far Shot's not a bad investment if you want some more distance between you and pointy bits of steel, and as you gain levels in ranger, you get the Rapid Shot line... Many shot, maybe?

That's about it, unless you want to go the mounted archery route.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Deadeye Shot from PHB2.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

If you wind up with lots Sneak Attack dice, Greater Manyshot (XPH, SRD) can be handy, letting you apply your precision damage more than once per manyshot.

Some people I've talked to don't think it works, but I (and plenty others I've talked to who do think it works) like the Fell Shot + Manyshot + lots o' damage (Composite +X Longbow +5 of Flaming, Frosting, Shocking, and Collision) combo.

5. - Top - End - #5

Woodland Archer [Tactical] from RoW.
    The Countess of Mispelling hath returned !__________________________________________________ _________Behold my magnetoresistance !
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    This isn't just any drow. This is a drow who is willing to have a good-aligned flying snake come out of her body so she can then fart rainbows.
    Outer Sphere__________________________________________________ _______________Inkatar !__________________________________________________ _______________Starship

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Improved Rapid Shot + Splitting weapon enhancement + Haste effect = 12 or more arrows in the air in a single round. Six of them at your full BAB.