Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 722
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Cursed, The Immortal & The Haunted - Aden, Feliks & Arina


    22th of Rova, Sunday - Time: 7:46 am (Morning) / AR 4707 (Autumn)
    The Lost Coast Road; Sandpoint Hinterlands
    Town of Sandpoint; Town Square




    Main Quest: Seven Days of Night
    Memories of the present were still blurred by those of the past, muddling everything together. Yet, they had not forgotten their time in that other reality... It had perhaps been a lifetime ago, for they had lived each day of both the present and that place they once knew. It was as if they had woken up from the longest dream, and now it was difficult to tell which was real. Whenever the truth fell into question, the needed only look at the grim card still clutched in Stella's grasp. Only the words from the Primeval Dark remain to guide you towards answers, but you can't help feeling as if you're simply grasping at straws.
    Difficulty: Lethal | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: 8 minutes
    Objective:Rumors have reached your ears of the so called 'Weeping Witch' haunting Sandpoint's streets, and strange creatures have begun appearing around the Sandpoint Hinterlands. This information was bought from Riddleport's Harriers, but the job was undertaken by the veteran hunter Kynd. Whatever the truth is, you must find it before that Offworlder does.

    Ͽ ◯ Ͼ


    The Cursed Potential Advancement: Out of Control
    Some men valued one thing above all others. They fought for it, died for it, but not all men were equal. He knew it the moment the witch let slip the intentions of the spirit named Kynd. The look on Rello's face wasn't the expression of any sane person; she was a mad dog, a bloodthirsty beast. Kynd had done her a grievance, and now that she'd tasted blood she intended to destroy anything - or anyone which stood in her way. He was against the clock, standing between a murderous spirit and a woman caught in her own death frenzy. He only knew one thing, whatever was behind that smile didn't mean well for anyone. She was out of control.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Time: None
    Prerequisite: Quest: Seven Days of Night
    Reward: Potential Advancement.
    Influence: Survival, Truth, Misfortune, Tactics
    Objective: Survive. Or complete objective in 20min
    Progress: (12/20)


    The young man watched the two who had come with Feliks depart, for a brief moment he raised a hand as if to protest against the notion before being immediately reminded of the one he tended to, releasing a flicker of magic to lessen the man's wounds. The man watched Feliks work with an air of respect for his practiced motions and ability, "Are you a churgeon, sir? Forgive me, I am Deacon Uriel, envoy of the Church of the Inheritor and Queen Galfrey of Mendev. I've little skill in patching men back together, only keeping them breathing, I beg your aide." His eyes glanced back at where the others had left, "They should come back... I saw what did this." The wounded man thrashed on the table, the priest put all the pressure he could muster to keep him still. "To make men bleed like this... It's a magic of an evil sort. I have most of what you need prepared, but we cannot handle any more casualties..." The water had gone lukewarm, but there were indeed things like bandages, clean sheets and even a folded cot - not in use. A number of simple wooden tables leaned against the side of a stout pole lifting one of the corners of the hastily assembled tent. There wasn't much as far as beds went, nor anything exceptionally high. It was a very humble assembly, placed quickly with what was on hand. "I've done what I could, but I had little on hand when this happened. Cardinal Belvinge should be returning with her escort soon, they bring suitable equipment for an operation... of this scale." He moved over and opened another folding table before slamming it next to one of the current ones. "Please, when you've finished preparations, help me move him. There's a bottle of something strong next to the basin to sterilize your tools." He wrung his hands nervously, "...I've never seen a man perform internal medicine before, I pray you've been gifted with steady hand."

    The deputy and his men didn't even notice Aden and Arina's approach directly to the front of the door, pre-occupied in their own thoughts and the current situation. They both felt it together. That they had passed through something, a difference in atmospheric pressure, like the change in air before the thunder rolled in on billowing black clouds. Then the scarred man spun his spear about and slammed it into the heavy wooden door of the tavern while shouting out to whoever, or whatever was now inhabiting it. Kliffton whirled about as a pistol lept into his hand, eyes wide in horror. "Stop you fool! Halt! I said Halt!" The man leveled his pistol and fired off a warning shot towards their feet . The bullet never made it to the ground. The ring of lead deflecting off some invisible surface sounded from behind them. It was as if the projectile had bounded off the surface of some transparent wall leaving the man standing baffled. The loud clap of gunfire sent all the militiamen still standing in a state of alarm, drawing their spears in place of their crossbows after seeing their deputy's bullet intercepted.

    Heavy footsteps could be heard on the other side of the doorway, the portal cracked open and a voice crept out. "If you don't cease that infernal racket i'm gonna tan your hide with this belt, boy." The wooden door swung aside revealing the familiar face of a halfling, "Took you damn long enough. Get your arse inside... We need to talk." Denil pointed a finger at the deputy, and held the gesture threateningly without speaking, then pulled the two inside. The door slammed shut behind them.

    It was warm, the roar of a hearth could be heard from further inside. The interior was rough and simple, but cared for lovingly. As they followed behind the halfling down the hall he spoke, not looking behind as he did "Figured you would have beat me to the punch here, with all your gallivanting. Call it luck or fortunate, but it's a good thing I did... Looks like you lost the short witch, for now that's probably for the best. I'll keep it simple enough for you to understand. You can say your piece, ask your questions, but there's only one rule. One goddam simple rule. Don't talk to the 'dark one'. Break that rule, you die. Ain't nothing or no one can save you from that, and you'll go slow and screamin'. Whatever that girl did in that other world, well, lets just say that old Bone Face's quality of work leaves something to be desired." They stepped out into the main hall of the tavern and the many unaccompanied tables about the room, or rather, mostly unaccompanied. Candled burned at each table casting something of a depressing gloom in the area. Within each seat floating a deep near-black crimson wisp, floating about at the height of a man. Formless souls. "Bethana, these are em'. " He glanced at Aden, gesturing at the elderly halfling woman who stood behind the elevated platform of the bar which sat squarely in the center of the room "Meet Bethana Corwin. Our host. Think you two might get along." The woman had a dower expression, unamused. She polished a glass in silence, watching them enter the reception hall.

    Dozens of the eerie wisps occupied the room, filling every available seat with the exception of the bar counter, no such flames lingered near. The light of the candle fire cast haunting shadows reflecting the silhouettes of people within their respective chairs. Men, women, even children of various description. It was as if they had walked into a shadow theater, and all of their actors existed behind some thin invisible film dividing them from the other side. A woman sat at the bar, her head hit the bar counter with a dull thud and the glass which she was holding shattered on the floor from her limp grasp. The glass shattered in a pile of broken glasses, nearly half a dozen of them lay scattered across the floor on her side of the counter. Another figure, shrouded in ethereal flowing black robes, black of skin and whose face was obscured by the bill of her large brimmed witchy hat leaned against the counter. A visible aura of darkness seemed to be steeped about her very presence, like looking at a figure which stood within a portal to some hellish plane, straddling some door between worlds. A nightmarish specter, and the iconic image of some imagined evil witch if there ever was one. "Oh look, the shorty returns. I'd almost thought I'd scared him off. Who's your friends, little man?" Denil paused just long enough to turn and look at both Aden and Arina pointedly as if to drive home his previous statement. "One fawking rule..." With that he resumed his march back up to the counter. The other woman, who appeared to be sleeping at the bar wore a simple travel cloak over her more exotic garb, but she too wore a similar hat to the dark and menacing specter who leaned against the counter beside her. In the corner of the room, about eight or nine feet from the floor a white branch of some ancient twisted elm floated, unattended, some manner of staff. The halfling slapped the sleeping witch's rear as he found a seat at the counter. "Wake up, woman. You wanted to speak with this lot just as much as they wanted to find you, and I think we're all due for some answers."

    The woman stirred, tilting her hat aside in a daze revealing her face.
    They didn't need any introductions. Though never formally, they had met once before.
    She was a famous Gale. The so called 'Witch of Flame'.

    Weiss.



    Side Quest: The Devil Inside
    Emithy explained that everyone had begun having strange dreams, and even visions, without explanation. The only difference was how those effected interpreted their experiences. Most dismissed it completely. Dreams were just dreams, but some had more acute experiences. The depth of how men were effected seemed to differ based on the individual. It raised many questions, but none more so than if truly everyone across the world was now plagued by these strange haunts within their minds. It was an impossible scale, an impossible magic, but they had seen strange things. The young man advised them against pursuing these visions haphazardly, least they bite off more than they could chew. Maybe the voices were real and the world would be crushed by the endless darkness, but that didn't mean the voice in the blackness would come to their aid when their backs were against the wall. Perhaps the young man was right, perhaps it was better to take things slow. Perhaps it was time to take on a normal job?
    Difficulty: None | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Find Emithy. Find a job.



    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show


    ֍ Aden XP +200 (2,800xp)

    ֍ Arina XP +150 (2,500xp)

    ֍ Feliks XP +250 (2,850xp)
    ⯎ Identified severe Bleeding effect, HP Damage & Ability Score Damage effecting the 6 men



    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 01:52 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Feliks sighed slightly, as he worked to finish preparations. "Yes, I'm a churgeon. While not one of magical nature, I can cure many physical injuries. They haven't been getting worse from your magic, which is a good sign. And I had figured as much. These men had seen it too I'd take it. Probably one of those things careful with your words though. A careless whisper is all that is needed to bring calamity once more."

    He pulls out two vials, setting it on the table with his tools. "Trolls blood. Not really, but close enough at least. Drinking a vial of this stuff puts your natural healing abilities into overdrive. Most people however can't stand it. I've got two vials of the stuff, we'll use it as a last resort"

    Moving to the first of the six, he begins the process of surgery. The first step of which was to perform basic healing methods to bring up the person's health to a point that long term surgery could be viable. Working as he listed to the cleric's story.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Using the Standard Scholar's healing ability first (1d20+13)[24] vs dc 15

    Medical Training (Ex)
    The scholar may use her Intelligence modifier in place of her Wisdom modifier as her associated ability score modifier with the Heal skill. In addition, the scholar may expend one use of a healer’s kit and make a special DC 15 Heal check on an ally as a standard action that provokes an attack of opportunity; if this check is successful, the ally recovers 1 hit point +1 for each point by which the scholar exceeds the DC. If the scholar has at least 5 ranks in the Heal skill, she may instead use this ability to restore 1 point of ability damage +1 point for every 5 points by which she exceeds this ability’s DC. The scholar can only attempt to heal a particular creature with this ability a number of times per day equal to her Intelligence bonus (minimum 1). Attempting to heal a creature but failing to meet the DC of this ability still counts towards this daily total.


    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    Looking down at the cat that was deposited into her arms she wondered if she had chosen correctly, she didn't have very many options and with the hostility that Afsppa'sol seemed to have towards others she wouldn't have wanted to pick him. Hearing that none of their names were going to cause chaos to decend upon this world she let out a breath she hadn't realised she was holding. As she listened to Abygael explain more that about speaking names she tilted her head when she was told not to speak the names of those she had heard in the room. It didn't make sense to her, how would she explain to others that she was searching for the granddaughter of Ijelevetol'tevel if she was not allowed to speak his name... or the granddaughters name for that matter. "I can't speak any of the names of those here? How am I supposed to ask others if they have seen his granddaughter if I can't speak his name or her name?"

    She watched as Afsppa'sol left, he seemed angry about something and she wondered if it was because she wasn't following his wishes. While she would have liked to have done as he wanted she knew that doing such a thing would have been bad for her health. Though he did say to search for the one known as White Disaster and she would do that as well while searching for the old mans granddaughter. She hoped that she could smooth things over with Afsppa'sol once she had completed this task and gotten herself cured of this curse.

    She once again looked down at the cat, "Is this thing alright? It's still limp..." holding the cat up infront of her she shook it a bit to try and get it to wake up. She hoped it would wake soon as she did not want to have to figure out how to get to the city let alone find the granddaughter without the assistance of the one she picked.

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Returner - Stella Astral




    Main Quest: The World Betwixt
    An alien and foreign world. An even stranger land and people. Rising from the mires, you find yourself in a place unlike any you've seen before. Somewhere between a dream, a spirit land and reality, this world resided. Everything about it seemed to bristle with magic of a different sort, a type which didn't even seem familiar. You had come to be healed, and seeing the strangeness of the universe around you, you felt you had come to the right place. For it was so unique, that it didn't seem a stretch of the truth to believe that such a cure could be found quite easily. Yet, that same thought also drove home a fact; you were a long way from home.
    Difficulty: Challenging | Status: On-Going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Heal your wounds.


    ??th of Rova, Sunday - Time: ?:28 am (Morning) / AR 4707
    Tangi'thac; Du'ased'taur
    Unknown; Unknown


    The old man looked away, seemingly uninterested in the girl's questions, as if she had suddenly become that much less interesting. "Yes, indeed. These are now concerns for which only you are responsible to finding the answer. The city of Quarry has not welcomed outsiders for more than four-thousand years. The Challenge you have taken is a rite reminiscent of our archaic past. The treaty which cemented Lapus reign over the city was founded upon a single stipulation, that outsiders may be granted an opportunity to win their right to enter or dwell here. This 'opportunity' came in the form of 'Labors of Quarry'; a dozen tasks intended to be near-impossible for most to ever succeed. Those days have come and gone, but the Challenges are no less burdensome. Do not let the mundane appearance of my task fool you. This will be difficult."

    The inquisitor shrugged, "Fortunately, your task is of unusual circumstance, and you will be permitted within the city before completing your challenge. I did not bring you here to win citizenship, only mend your wounds, and now you can. There is a greater spirit who dwells within the city, one among many. As it is not appropriate to speak the birth-name of such spirits, she is referred to in your tongue as 'She Who Shines Forever'. Receiving an audience with a greater spirit, formally, is near impossible without succeeding your trial. You may need to find her in a less formal environment, if you wish to stay the course." Stella shook the limp feline, who twitched in her hands. "The cat knows what I mean..." She shook him again, "Isn't that right, L'Lilephalic." A groaning sound came from the ball of fur. "Mmmmm..." It's eyes slowly opened, "So you wanted to see Aphy? She could fix this one, but she's so busy. She doesn't even come to play with me anymore. Hmmmm." The cat loosened himself from Stella's grasp and clawed it's way up her arm to find a spot on her shoulder. His tail swatted her back, "Lets go. White doesn't listen to anyone, but maybe Aphy will meet something like you. Hard to say. The others can't help with your Challenge, only me. So let's beat this geezer's game." He stuck out his small cat tongue at the old man mockingly. The door swung open behind them, a path of solid substance tore its way through the mire of fog. A cobbled pathway and forested trees with tall lamp-posts which lit their way with a calm sapphire light. "Oh, by the way. My name is 'L'Lilephalic, Who Still Wanders'. I am a lesser spirit, for now. You can call me Lile. Unlike these uncultured swine, I know of your world. Prefer it even. Simple is better."


    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show

    ֍ Stella XP +50 (3,400xp)
    ⯎ Gem of Telepathy: 5/5 Charges, 3 min duration - Identified use with UMD


    Stella HP: 1/17
    ✦ Spited (Returner)
    ⭍ Spite increases by 1 (Knowledge: Forbidden)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increase due to Knowledge (Forbidden)
    ⭍ Stella's move speed is reduced by 10
    ⭍ Stella takes 5 points of constitution damage
    ⭍ Stella takes 2 points of wisdom damage
    ⭍ Stella's HP reduced to 0
    ⭍ Stella's checks other than Forbidden have failed due to Spite
    ⭍ Knowledge (Local) has been Spited and may not be used until Spite is reduced to 0
    (Some effects of Spite remain active until the current value is lessened or removed completely)






  5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Exiled Son - Asiresh




    Main Quest: Goodnight World
    They had crushed your very existence. Scattered your soul across the realms and existence and cast you down into the filth of the mortal's world. Yet still you remained, still you struggled. Still you lived. A few hundred million years had found you in perhaps the worst state you had ever been, feeble and old. Even the body which you found yourself inhabiting could not be called the original. You've suffered chilling nights and blistering mornings, tortured and mangled, waiting for this chance. The devil which once haunted you many lifetimes ago had vanished, never to be seen again it seemed since you came to this world. It had been the first time in a long time you had ever been truly alone. Now it was time to destroy those who plotted against you, reclaim your birthright, and set the Cycle right. You were coming home.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Progress: (0/2)
    Primary Objective: Escape
    Alternate Objective: Find your brother, Sino'fel



    "A storehouse?" The young man dug into a wet pocket and produced a handful of strange gems. The gems took to the air, floating about him with a dim glow. He looked left and right, before looking back at the old elf now posted on the door with readied bow. There were only two corners to the room, the side which they had entered and the side which the steel door now stood visible. The other half of the room's width was completely gone, fallen into a deep pit far below. "Huh, well now. What's this?" The young mercenary picked up one of the stones with a gloved hand, flipping it over and giving it a close look. His eyes suddenly went wide. "...Boss!" He held up the rock for him to see, "It's ore! Mithril ore!" He looked around at the basins of ore piled about the room. "What in the hells is going on... Are they mining this place out? ....We might have stumbled onto something big. There's no way we can more all this ore though." He sighed, stuffing a stone into his pocket as he moved towards the door.

    Asiresh's stealth was easily defeated by the gentle light. "Want me to give this door a try? Might be something good behind it if this room is holding a damn fortune." He put his ear to the metal then paused. After a moment he pulled away and took out an odd funnel looking tool, with one small end and one larger one which looked like an unusual trumpet. He placed the wide end to the door and paused to listen again, then pulled away. He stuffed the device in his pocket again, "....Hm. There might be something on the other side. Maybe an animal? Sounds like a light thud. Hooves, or footsteps maybe? Something heavy or hard. Can't tell... Maybe we should wait. Getting trampled doesn't sound appealing."


    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Asiresh HP: 17/28
    OOC: I'll let you hold you checks for the next round when they might be useful. You've basically seen all you could with the previous perception.

    ⯎ Asiresh's hands are bound (Freed)
    ⯎ Asiresh's equipment has been recovered
    ✦ Asiresh's bow string has rotted. After a number of uses it risks breaking: 12/12 Uses
    ✦ Asiresh is nauseated while he remains in the smog (DC20 Fort to resist for 1d3 rounds)
    [Nauseated condition not yet applied]: Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.


    ✦ Spited: 50 (Exiled Son)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (1)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (2)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (3)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (4)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (5)


    ✦ Wounds: Asiresh
    ⯎ Land speed reduced to 10 ft - Cannot run (Healed: Duration - 2 days)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions deal 1 point of damage (Healed)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions have a 10% chance of causing bleed 1d4 rounds (Healed)



    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 01:53 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Asiresh

    Asiresh still ready for anything, "Boy, watch your step in here. I would recommend keeping your voice down as well. We would not want to alert anyone of our presence." Thinking to himself for a brief moment. "The footsteps could be a pack animal to pull carts around with the ores I would imagine. Or it's something big and we don't want to piss it off. Hold until you cannot hear the footsteps anymore and then we should make our way as silently as possible. You will lead." As he says this he takes a few ores and stuffs them into his bags for later.

    "Nelrin, are you able to take a look to see what is out there? Are you able to consume animal souls? I'm sure it wouldn't be the same but it might be a light snack for you if we cant find some. I'd rather make it out of here alive than have to confront some large force and perish."

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Waiting for the boy to stop hearing the footsteps in order to move out as silently as possible.

    Stealth roll for moving out.
    (1d20+5)[21]

    Perception check on the outside if we get out there
    (1d20+10)[25]

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    "Denil you piece of-oh never mind, we don't have time." Aden hurried after the halfling, pausing for just a moment to give their hostess a nod of acknowledgement. "Apologies for banging on your door, Miss Corwin. Been a long day."

    Once Weiss had roused herself from a drunken stupor, Aden sat himself down at the bar a couple seats away. "So. I do have questions. Quite a lot of them, actually. But before any of that, we have a problem. There's a witch hunter on her way here. Miss Affri Rello said her name was Kynd. Apparently, the thing runs fast enough to make it from Magnimar to here in thirty minutes flat. Able to split men in half with her hands. She's looking for a witch, seems to be the thought. Not Stella. Someone else." Aden looks to Weiss pointedly. "So. Question one, miss Weiss. Those fellas outside your fault? It doesn't look like your usual handiwork, so I doubt it."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Cursed, The Immortal & The Haunted - Aden, Feliks & Arina


    22th of Rova, Sunday - Time: 7:46 am (Morning) / AR 4707 (Autumn)
    The Lost Coast Road; Sandpoint Hinterlands
    Town of Sandpoint; Town Square




    Main Quest: Seven Days of Night
    Memories of the present were still blurred by those of the past, muddling everything together. Yet, they had not forgotten their time in that other reality... It had perhaps been a lifetime ago, for they had lived each day of both the present and that place they once knew. It was as if they had woken up from the longest dream, and now it was difficult to tell which was real. Whenever the truth fell into question, the needed only look at the grim card still clutched in Stella's grasp. Only the words from the Primeval Dark remain to guide you towards answers, but you can't help feeling as if you're simply grasping at straws.
    Difficulty: Lethal | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: 8 minutes
    Objective:Rumors have reached your ears of the so called 'Weeping Witch' haunting Sandpoint's streets, and strange creatures have begun appearing around the Sandpoint Hinterlands. This information was bought from Riddleport's Harriers, but the job was undertaken by the veteran hunter Kynd. Whatever the truth is, you must find it before that Offworlder does.

    Ͽ ◯ Ͼ


    The Cursed Potential Advancement: Out of Control
    Some men valued one thing above all others. They fought for it, died for it, but not all men were equal. He knew it the moment the witch let slip the intentions of the spirit named Kynd. The look on Rello's face wasn't the expression of any sane person; she was a mad dog, a bloodthirsty beast. Kynd had done her a grievance, and now that she'd tasted blood she intended to destroy anything - or anyone which stood in her way. He was against the clock, standing between a murderous spirit and a woman caught in her own death frenzy. He only knew one thing, whatever was behind that smile didn't mean well for anyone. She was out of control.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Time: None
    Prerequisite: Quest: Seven Days of Night
    Reward: Potential Advancement.
    Influence: Survival, Truth, Misfortune, Tactics
    Objective: Survive. Or complete objective in 20min
    Progress: (12/20)


    The man which Deacon Uriel had been supporting was the first of Feliks' patients. The young priest kept the man's fits in check, holding him down and keeping his head steady as the alchemist prepared and administered his strange brew. The sweating and labored breaths immediately begun to abate, the swelling in his abdomen lessened significantly and his complexion begun to return. "Light be praised..." the man cursed, "I've never seen a manner of tonic which could heal so... radically. You say this is not... magic?" The man was still wounded, the internal damage had done a number upon his body, but no life-threatening condition remained. Feliks' trained eye could tell he would recover with simple rest in less than a week's time with proper care. The healing which the young guard had received had been more than adequate to mend the more traumatic injuries beneath the flesh, the bleeding had ended and damaged tissue repaired. Only the residual harm of his wounds remained to lessen the hearty lad's constitution, but he would recover well, given rest. The Deacon stood in evident awe at how quickly the worst of the men were tended to. "...I suppose we won't need to cut him then. Just as well, the risk of a wound allowed to fester is that much greater when so far removed from a proper hospital. Can you fix the rest of them?"

    Ͽ ◯ Ͼ

    Weiss still lay with her head on the counter top of the bar, but shook her head left and right at Aden's question with a groan. Their halfling host, Mrs. Corwin took a new glass from behind the bar, filling it with something clear and strong, then slid it down to the scarred man with a nod. The dour expression on her face didn't lessen, nor did she speak. The frown on her face kept her lips tightly locked with a purpose. The black menacing witch laughed in a raucous tone that grated upon the ears, a sound almost akin the the grinding cough from a rust monster's throat. A horrid thing. Corwin grimaced, barely tolerating the sound. "Hah, what a question. What a vapid, ignorant, dull-witted question... Yes, I have it now." She found the seat besides Aden, placing herself squarely between the witch and him. She pointed at Corwin, "The Claud." She pointed at Denil, then Aden, "The Fool... and now, the Idiot. It's like a pair. How exciting." Her obscured face turned to Arina, "Don't worry, I'll find one for you next." She snickered at her own words in a foul and obtrusive manner that seemed almost designed to be as aggravating as humanly possible. "You should know better, if it was this one, there wouldn't even be ashes to bury because they'd- " "SHUT UP!" The twisted white branch far in the corner of the room, was in its corner no longer. It pierced the skull of the vexing black witch. There had been no movement, no motion. It had not been thrown, or cast or projected from it's space. It simply had appeared in it's new home; through the back of the head and out of the mouth of the grim figure. Black ickor dribbled and then sprayed from the hole as Weiss violently ripped her staff from the creature's head. It hissed and froze as it touched any surface, fortunately not reaching them. It was the first words she'd said.

    Her face looked long and tired, black stains from the cosmetics she regularly darkened her eyes with ran down either side of her face. Corwin put down another glass, to which she quickly snatched of the counter and downed with an impressive display of drinking prowess. The corpse and foul blood begun to made into an eerie mist. She hadn't looked at them, her gaze seemed to always find itself elsewhere. "It wasn't me, it was her. She hurt those men. She would have hurt you too..." Denil signed, "...Tear men in half, with its bare hands? Ugh." The witch smiled softly, "Don't worry about Kynd. You've beaten her here, so all is well. I'm glad you came." She pulled her cloak tight about her, looking at Denil, then at Arina with a curious glance, but her eyes locked on Aden and remained. Color begun to fill her cheeks and bring her face to a flush. Unblinking, as if transfixed. She reached out a hand as if to stroke his scared face, speaking absentmindedly, "...How beautiful."



    Side Quest: The Devil Inside
    Emithy explained that everyone had begun having strange dreams, and even visions, without explanation. The only difference was how those effected interpreted their experiences. Most dismissed it completely. Dreams were just dreams, but some had more acute experiences. The depth of how men were effected seemed to differ based on the individual. It raised many questions, but none more so than if truly everyone across the world was now plagued by these strange haunts within their minds. It was an impossible scale, an impossible magic, but they had seen strange things. The young man advised them against pursuing these visions haphazardly, least they bite off more than they could chew. Maybe the voices were real and the world would be crushed by the endless darkness, but that didn't mean the voice in the blackness would come to their aid when their backs were against the wall. Perhaps the young man was right, perhaps it was better to take things slow. Perhaps it was time to take on a normal job?
    Difficulty: None | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Find Emithy. Find a job.



    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show


    ֍ Aden XP +250 (3,050xp)

    ֍ Feliks XP +300 (3,150xp)
    ⯎ Healed HP Damage & Bleed Effect
    ⯎ Identified severe Bleeding effect, HP Damage & Ability Score Damage effecting the 6 men



    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 01:55 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Felix worked, tending to the wounds of the man. His hands moving at an alarming accuracy and precision at the task, that even ambidextrous people would long to have. It only took a matter of moments, but the results surprised even himself, as the man was brought to health far faster than the healer had expected him to be.

    "...yes." he admits after a bit. Perhaps his skill had increased exponentially after the years of treating all manner of malidies. Or perhaps it was the witches fault. "That it will be. Bring the next.."

    He started cleaning and preparing the tools for the next man no sooner than he ha deemed the first to be A-okay enough to rest it off. If he was really this good with his concoctions, he'd be done with these men in no time at all.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Man 2 [roll]1d20+13[roll]
    Man 3 [roll]1d20+13[roll]
    Man 4 [roll]1d20+13[roll]
    Man 5 [roll]1d20+13[roll]
    Man 6 [roll]1d20+13[roll]

    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Exiled Son - Asiresh





    Main Quest: Goodnight World
    They had crushed your very existence. Scattered your soul across the realms and existence and cast you down into the filth of the mortal's world. Yet still you remained, still you struggled. Still you lived. A few hundred million years had found you in perhaps the worst state you had ever been, feeble and old. Even the body which you found yourself inhabiting could not be called the original. You've suffered chilling nights and blistering mornings, tortured and mangled, waiting for this chance. The devil which once haunted you many lifetimes ago had vanished, never to be seen again it seemed since you came to this world. It had been the first time in a long time you had ever been truly alone. Now it was time to destroy those who plotted against you, reclaim your birthright, and set the Cycle right. You were coming home.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Progress: (0/2)
    Primary Objective: Escape
    Alternate Objective: Find your brother, Sino'fel



    "Pack...animals?" He looked at the solid steel door, then back at the old man, then back at the door. "You realize, we're like hundreds of feet underground right? Probably beneath the Irespan, since that's the only place in Dockside where we could actually go down..." He moved back towards the door, pulling a pinch of powdered chalk from a water proofed pouch and tossing it to the floor in front of the door. The powder didn't move. It didn't do anything. "Uh huh... Not pack animals then." He pointed at the chalk. "Look, boss. I been crawling through holes and worse for a long time. A solid metal door like this, assuming there's any exit or route which would allow animals to travel, it's going to have a pressure on either side that'll move a light powder like this. But it's not moving at all. So there's likely no exit on the other side, at least not one that's close enough to justify a typical pack beast being kept on the other side, close to a source of water and food... and remember." He pointed to the small barred hole they had broken in from, "The only other 'entrance', we made. What's more, you don't need solid steel for an animal. Hell, just look at these hinges.." He tapped the heavy bolted metal hinges on the door. "We could take down this door with them placed so plainly in view, lock or not. This door was to keep something in, not deter us from entering." Hawk crossed his arms, "Boss, there's a reason I'm the best damn Harrier in my company. It's because I'm still alive, not because I'm the best with a sword. In the Tainted Lands, you can't make stupid mistakes... and believe me. This is the definition of a stupid mistake. Some doors should stay closed, unless your strong enough, stupid enough, or supported enough, to sacrifice lives just to see what might be on the other side... But seeing as it's just me, and you. I say we leave it for another day."

    The devil cackled in his mind before bursting into diabolic laughter. "Yes, I can feed upon any soul, but now is hardly the time for that. I sense a Child is close. They know we are here." WHAM. A dent appeared in the door, following a deafening ringing from whatever struck the solid steel. "Oh, sheit.... Time to go!" Hawk turned about and dashed back towards the hole they crawled through, committed to avoiding whatever waited on the other side.


    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Asiresh HP: 17/28
    OOC: I'll let you hold you checks for the next round when they might be useful. You've basically seen all you could with the previous perception.

    ⯎ Asiresh's hands are bound (Freed)
    ⯎ Asiresh's equipment has been recovered
    ✦ Asiresh's bow string has rotted. After a number of uses it risks breaking: 12/12 Uses
    ✦ Asiresh is nauseated while he remains in the smog (DC20 Fort to resist for 1d3 rounds)
    [Nauseated condition not yet applied]: Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.


    ✦ Spited: 50 (Exiled Son)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (1)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (2)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (3)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (4)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (5)


    ✦ Wounds: Asiresh
    ⯎ Land speed reduced to 10 ft - Cannot run (Healed: Duration - 2 days)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions deal 1 point of damage (Healed)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions have a 10% chance of causing bleed 1d4 rounds (Healed)



    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 01:57 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Abygaels information that she did not have to complete the task to get healed was a blessing, hearing that she would have to gain an audience with a great spirit though was worrisome in its own right though. While she still wanted to complete the old man’s task she knew that first she would have to get herself fixed up. As the cat came to she was glad that it seemed friendly and helpful, there had been a slight concern that it would have been annoyed for having been picked to assist her with the matter. Her curiosity peaked as she wondered if she had previously had spirits like this cat following her around and assisting her in her past life, the memories were even foggier now though she still tried to think back a bit on it. As the cat made its way up to her shoulder she turned to the door that appeared before her, “Nice to meet you Lile, I am Faer'stahl and I am glad that you are willing to help me out with this challenge and I agree that simple is better. All this craziness that has been going on lately around me has been draining, it seems at every turn my powers keep causing problems for me… I really wish I had the memories of how to control them. Hopefully though there won't be any issues with getting the Great Spirit to fix me up.” She made her way outside and headed down the path that had appeared. She briefly wondered if the path was being created by the cat or if some other force was at work creating it for her, as she look around at it forming she tried to spot anything that would let her know what might be creating it. Figuring that now would be a good time to try and gather some more information she struck up a conversation with the cat. Pulling out the stone that Abygael had given her she activated it before telepathically speaking to Lile. "If you don't mind can I ask you some questions regarding how best to gain the assistance of the one we are headed to, figure it's better to ask now than to figure it out once we get there? You said you’re a lesser spirit for now, I am just a bit curious as to how a lesser spirit would gain more power and what the different rankings are between spirits."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Both rolls to see whats making the path
    Perception: (1d20+11)[25]
    Know Abstract: (1d20+23)[31] or (1d20+23)[41]

    For info on spirit ranking
    Know Abstract: (1d20+23)[28] or (1d20+23)[35]

    Last edited by forg99rules; 2018-05-24 at 12:14 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Aden still had his spear out as the woman Denil had warned him not to speak to slid in between him and Weiss. As she shrieked and howled, Aden's hand twitched, the spear leveled, but just as he was about to skewer her-

    "SHUT UP!"

    Aden blinked twice as he was now staring at the white birch staff extending from the mysterious, hateful witch's face. He chuckled as she melted away into black mist. "Thanks Weiss. I'd have hated for the first thing I did in a new bar to be getting into a barfight with some - Uh, Weiss?"

    Was the Flame Witch blushing?

    _____________________________________________


    Flames everywhere. Burning. Smoke. Roof collapsing. Teryn. Where was Teryn? He couldn't see. Couldn't think. The pain. The pain filled him. Front door. Run. Run before it could get him. Safety. Air. Teryn's screams. Still inside. Have to save her. The pain. Gods it hurts. Screams. His or hers? Have to save her. The pain. Can't think. Can't move. The pain. The screams. Pain. Screams.

    The healer charges his hands with divine magic. He's been silent since the two acolytes found him by the roadside. Unresponsive. Staring off into the distance, unblinking, unfocused. Clearly the man had been through a great trauma. But, the will of the goddess had kept him alive, and with her blessing the healer was certain he could help this poor soul. He gently touched the man's scarred cheek.

    The screams. Goddess, the screams. Screams that would haunt him the rest of his life. Inhuman screams. Screams to wake the dead.


    ______________________________________________

    Aden's eyes were screwed shut tight as Weiss reached for his cheek. It took all his discipline, all his will just not to flinch. To not move. Instead he just whispered.

    "It hurts more when people touch it. Please, Weiss."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Asiresh

    Quickly retreating from the door and up the hole they had made back into the cells Asiresh starts thinking back on his distant memories. Memories of the time when he and Nelrin had merged and they had been thrown into the mix with Talri, reading the codices, getting his face kicked in by Tanselri, all of which he can accredit as to why he is hated more now by certain children. "Can you tell which one? This is never a good thing to hear when you're hunted by majority of the house. Well whoever it is I hope they dont mean to kill us. I would imagine trying to talk our way out of some situations would work, but not against Talri." Pacing back and forth still trying to figure out who it may be inside that room. "Well I've been down here for near 2 years, I think I'm allowed to not know how far down we are. That room is dangerous. We must go. The only way I can think of getting out is through this door and out into the....miasma of shyte. It would get hard to breath out there unless you have something that can combat that. I think our best bet would be to avoid that metal door until we get more information on what is being held there. I might have an idea but its too soon to tell. Since you're so smart boy you lead and take us out of this hell hole." Getting his bow ready once again and seeing if he can try to stealth his way out of here behind the boy.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dixie
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Arina hangs back behind Aden, clearly off-guard. For someone who has dealt with things that others would find disturbing for half of her life at this point, these witches are an entirely different version of strange. And this other one? Who there weren't even supposed to talk to? She shook herself as the witch came closer to Aden, glancing back at the door. Weiss seemed to think them simply arriving was enough to keep Kynd away, but she was far from certain about that. The sooner they were out of here, the better.

    "So what's going on here?" she asks sharply. It's clear Aden is uncomfortable with the witch's attention, and while she isn't sure why she figures it's probably better to divert her attention away. "Denil, what are you doing here? And why is Kynd after you?
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

    Most recent update: Chapter 5: Decisions

    -----

    A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

    Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Cursed, The Immortal & The Haunted - Aden, Feliks & Arina


    22th of Rova, Sunday - Time: 7:51 am (Morning) / AR 4707 (Autumn)
    The Lost Coast Road; Sandpoint Hinterlands
    Town of Sandpoint; Town Square




    (Complete) Main Quest: Seven Days of Night
    Memories of the present were still blurred by those of the past, muddling everything together. Yet, they had not forgotten their time in that other reality... It had perhaps been a lifetime ago, for they had lived each day of both the present and that place they once knew. It was as if they had woken up from the longest dream, and now it was difficult to tell which was real. Whenever the truth fell into question, the needed only look at the grim card still clutched in Stella's grasp. Only the words from the Primeval Dark remain to guide you towards answers, but you can't help feeling as if you're simply grasping at straws.
    Difficulty: Lethal | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: 8 minutes
    Objective:Rumors have reached your ears of the so called 'Weeping Witch' haunting Sandpoint's streets, and strange creatures have begun appearing around the Sandpoint Hinterlands. This information was bought from Riddleport's Harriers, but the job was undertaken by the veteran hunter Kynd. Whatever the truth is, you must find it before that Offworlder does.


    Ͽ ◯ Ͼ


    (Complete) The Cursed Potential Advancement: Out of Control
    Some men valued one thing above all others. They fought for it, died for it, but not all men were equal. He knew it the moment the witch let slip the intentions of the spirit named Kynd. The look on Rello's face wasn't the expression of any sane person; she was a mad dog, a bloodthirsty beast. Kynd had done her a grievance, and now that she'd tasted blood she intended to destroy anything - or anyone which stood in her way. He was against the clock, standing between a murderous spirit and a woman caught in her own death frenzy. He only knew one thing, whatever was behind that smile didn't mean well for anyone. She was out of control.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Time: None
    Prerequisite: Quest: Seven Days of Night
    Reward: Potential Advancement.
    Influence: Survival, Truth, Misfortune, Tactics
    Objective: Survive. Or complete objective in 20min
    Progress: (12/20)



    Together the men went to work, moving the wounded men one at a time from the table to receive treatment, then offloading them to the side to make space for another. The deacon was left in awe as Feliks produced new and unusual remedies for the fallen militiamen, relying on a combination of concoctions and tools to mend the bleeding of the patients. True to his word, Uriel wasn't much of a healer himself, nearly fainting at the sight of the squirming black leeches the man had coated in some manner of alchemic balm. The treatment had been effective on the last man, but less so than some of the previous medicinal applications. Either way, all of his patients had been brought out of the worst of it. "Amazing. Simply, amazing. Had we been using magic, i'm sure we would have exhausted our healing by now."


    It was a blackness as fleeting as the darkness left in the wake of a blinking eye, almost beyond notice, but not entirely missed. A warmth followed, as if the angle of the sun changed, and the rays of a noon day sun lazily shined down upon them. An inexplicable shift in something, everywhere. It didn't seem obtrusive, nor followed by the same eerie sense of wrongness which he had begun to grow accustomed to. It was light. Warm. Almost, comforting. As if someone were reassuring them, everything would be okay.

    Uriel clutched his head with both hands, staggering backwards a step. His expression was dazed, as if he had been struck a blow to the crown. "...The pain. The pain... It's gone? Heh... It's finally gone." The man staggered back a few steps into a chair with a weary grin, "I'll leave the rest to you..." The deacon closed his eyes, his head hung limp. He remained in the chair, motionless.

    The sound of footsteps could be heard from outside the tent.
    A sound of many people approaching.


    Ͽ ◯ Ͼ



    The witch's hand recoiled quickly "Sorry... I'm sorry." Her eyes drifted to the floor still covered with broken glass, her tone lowered with her last words shamefully. It was impossible to tell what she had seen, or what she had meant. As if to deflect the whole thing she rambled about something, almost in a whisper, "I-It's rare... just rare... T-To see one spared from the flame, I mean. Such a sacrifice.... I'm sure she'll be glad when you meet again..." As Arina's words cut over her own, she looked up at the young witch, grasping at the opportunity to put the awkward exchange behind them. "Oh, yes... Yeah, right. 'What's going on'..." She reiterated the last bit, as if to remind herself of something, but she paused as if trying to remember just what it was exactly. Denil sighed, "I told you when we parted ways, kid. I'd find my own answers, my way. I'd planned on meeting up with Weiss either way, just happened to be sooner than expected. The better question is 'what took you so long'. It wasn't exactly challenging finding your way over here, was it? " The halfling crossed his arms with a frown, "As far as this 'Kind' fella, can't say I know anything about that. I've heard of a barkeep that goes by something like that, and a pretty well known Harrier, but no monster that can rip men in twain with it's hands. I think that's a question you mean to direct over to the witch here." He gestured towards Weiss with a nod. She raised a hand as if to hold that thought, "...One moment."


    "There it is..." The familiar sense of displacement which followed the sudden flicker of a world gone-dark for a fraction of a second was enough to nearly send Denil from his seat. A humid warmth settled upon them, a sensation, rather than physical heat. It was the first time a distorted sense of wrongness didn't loom down oppressively afterward, something changed, but perhaps for the first time it was for the better. The witch smiled at Arina, "Well done. It appears I was slightly mistaken, in that it was your words - rather than your presence which would correct things. But to answer your question... I'm not sure how to answer your question, it is a bit... broad, don't you think?" She chuckled, "Denil told me what he saw, er-heard, I assume it is the same for you is it not? You're here because the voice in the darkness told you to find me. I had actually wanted to meet you to give you thanks for having mended so much of the world, well, not perfectly... but it's a far better condition than before I suppose." Her gaze scanned over each of them slowly, not looking directly at them, but almost through them. "That's, not a magic which can be found in this world... Or, hm. Apparently not a magic any of you possess currently, either. Nor do you have the card..." Weiss looked a little perplexed, as if trying to grasp how one result could be born from the current populace. Her gaze went back to Arina, looking at her left, then her right, and poking her chest. "Elahkhuur, it must have been you, right? You should really fix the rest." She signed almost disappointedly, as if she expected better of Arina. "Ah, but where are my manners. We've never met formally, I am the Witch, Weiss. The Allfire. Blessed of Frith, the Lord Father."

    Corwin filled another glass and placed it on the bar top, Weiss glanced at Aden, "The voice which spoke to you referred to 'those who stand-between', a reference to the witches of the other world. There's many more than three... but three stand upon the Council. Sorry, if I'm just repeating what you know. I'm sure you've learned much traveling with Elahkhuur." The witch snatched the glass from the counter and took a deep draw of its contents before yawning. "Ah, getting tired. It's getting pretty late isn't it?" Denil paused for a moment running a hand down his face, "...Late? It's four bells to noon! " She yawned again, "That late already? ...Well, I am here for you, so, ask what you want before I fall asleep."


    Side Quest: The Devil Inside
    Emithy explained that everyone had begun having strange dreams, and even visions, without explanation. The only difference was how those effected interpreted their experiences. Most dismissed it completely. Dreams were just dreams, but some had more acute experiences. The depth of how men were effected seemed to differ based on the individual. It raised many questions, but none more so than if truly everyone across the world was now plagued by these strange haunts within their minds. It was an impossible scale, an impossible magic, but they had seen strange things. The young man advised them against pursuing these visions haphazardly, least they bite off more than they could chew. Maybe the voices were real and the world would be crushed by the endless darkness, but that didn't mean the voice in the blackness would come to their aid when their backs were against the wall. Perhaps the young man was right, perhaps it was better to take things slow. Perhaps it was time to take on a normal job?
    Difficulty: None | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Find Emithy. Find a job.



    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show


    ֍ Aden XP +250 (3,300xp)
    ⯎ Quest Reward: Potential Advancement
    ⯎ Advancement Reward: Potential Advancement

    ֍ Arina XP +150+300 (quest bonus) (2,950xp)
    ⯎ Quest Reward: Potential Advancement
    ֍ Feliks XP +300 (3,450xp)
    ⯎ Quest Reward: Potential Advancement

    NOTE:
    Potential Advancements do not grant potentials individually, but will allow you to learn new ones. Completing some objectives may grant unique bonuses which will contribute to Potentials you may gain.




    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 01:59 AM.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Aden let out the breath he had been holding as Weiss withdrew her hand. "It's alright, Weiss. Don't think on it."

    She talks about the flame as though it were a living being. I mean, it wouldn't be the craziest thing I've seen lately. Does she mean my flame? Or all flames?

    ...my flame?


    Aden shook his head, forcibly ending that train of thought. The last thing he needed was to form an attachment to the thing responsible for so much pain. Best to focus on the issue at hand. Trying to fix the world.

    "Yeah, Stella was the one that took the card. She's currently undergoing some...heavy duty healing. Something hit her just after you left, Denil. Hit her hard. Cursed wounds.
    The inquisitor woman who works around here is doing some spooky mojo to take care of it. Sister Abygael? Oh, also we're in deep with Affri Rello now. A good thing, I think, in the end. Though she scares me. A lot."


    Aden finally picked up the drink the barkeep had passed his way, downing it as quickly as he could. A little sting in the back of his throat always helped keep his mind clear. Helped keep the pain to a minimum. Letting a smile cross his face, he leaned up against the bar, his body relaxing just a little. "Alright. Questions. Right. Council of witches? We were definitely told to find three people. What do you know about the other two? For that matter, what do you know about the voice in the dark? And what in the Hells is wrong with the world? We all know what happened in the Long Night...and I guess this world's version of the Long Night was better? Less bad? Shorter?" He laughed, and cradled the good side of his face in one hand. "Sorry. I've never been one for study, especially on magic stuff. I don't really grasp what's been happening."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Returner - Stella Astral




    Main Quest: The World Betwixt
    An alien and foreign world. An even stranger land and people. Rising from the mires, you find yourself in a place unlike any you've seen before. Somewhere between a dream, a spirit land and reality, this world resided. Everything about it seemed to bristle with magic of a different sort, a type which didn't even seem familiar. You had come to be healed, and seeing the strangeness of the universe around you, you felt you had come to the right place. For it was so unique, that it didn't seem a stretch of the truth to believe that such a cure could be found quite easily. Yet, that same thought also drove home a fact; you were a long way from home.
    Difficulty: Challenging | Status: On-Going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Heal your wounds.


    The gem Stella held sparked to life in her palm, the magic created a mental voice which carried to the small creature on her shoulder. The small feline scratched behind its ear, and after a pause, responded. "Dos'sh'bnaut kamp'un shlu'ta'dos? Xun'dos inbal'fol bol'ulu p'lyn'nil xuil?" She couldn't understand him, but he cat gestured with a paw as if trying to write with a quill he didn't own. It was evident he at least understood her words, but unlike Abygael, he did not mentally respond in turn.

    The way ahead was blend of colors, different from the painted path the witch had made for them previously. While it did go on for quite some distance, it was a solid formation and was evidently confined to a finite space. A space centered around them. Once they moved outside of the range of their field, what lay behind them turned to a quiet undefined mist. Lile made some cat sounds, pointing forward. The peaceful light of the lamp posts followed their path forward to a massive sprawl of ruins floating upon a lake. "Maurna.... maurna." The cat made a gesture as if paddling with an oar and raising a sail. "Maurna." The overgrown ruins were covered in ivy and moss, but left a beautiful, if not haunting scene painted before them. The path winded on before ending at a cobbled bridge which connected to a maze of stone paths. "Che'el d'Quarry." Lile spread his arms out wide, gesturing to the flooded land which lay before them, which was apparently part of the city of Quarry. "E'Auldordun..." There was a calming quiet which hung over the land, but not the kind left in a place a solace, but like that which remained across an ancient battlefield.


    ??th of Rova, Sunday - Time: ?:32 am (Morning) / AR 4707
    Tangi'thac, The Waking Day; Du'ased'taur, The Sacred Grove
    The City of Quarry; E'Auldordun


    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show

    ֍ Stella XP +50 (3,450xp)
    ⯎ New Realm identified +300 xp (3,750xp)
    ⯎ E'Auldordun discovered +100 xp (3,850xp)
    ⯎ Liberation Influence Gained
    ⯎ Community Influence Gained

    ⯎ Gem of Telepathy: 4/5 Charges, 3 min duration - Identified use with UMD


    Stella HP: 1/17
    ✦ Spited (Returner)
    ⭍ Spite increases by 1 (Knowledge: Forbidden)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increase due to Knowledge (Forbidden)
    ⭍ Stella's move speed is reduced by 10
    ⭍ Stella takes 5 points of constitution damage
    ⭍ Stella takes 2 points of wisdom damage
    ⭍ Stella's HP reduced to 0
    ⭍ Stella's checks other than Forbidden have failed due to Spite
    ⭍ Knowledge (Local) has been Spited and may not be used until Spite is reduced to 0
    (Some effects of Spite remain active until the current value is lessened or removed completely)





    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 02:00 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Exiled Son - Asiresh





    Main Quest: Goodnight World
    They had crushed your very existence. Scattered your soul across the realms and existence and cast you down into the filth of the mortal's world. Yet still you remained, still you struggled. Still you lived. A few hundred million years had found you in perhaps the worst state you had ever been, feeble and old. Even the body which you found yourself inhabiting could not be called the original. You've suffered chilling nights and blistering mornings, tortured and mangled, waiting for this chance. The devil which once haunted you many lifetimes ago had vanished, never to be seen again it seemed since you came to this world. It had been the first time in a long time you had ever been truly alone. Now it was time to destroy those who plotted against you, reclaim your birthright, and set the Cycle right. You were coming home.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Progress: (0/2)
    Primary Objective: Escape
    Alternate Objective: Find your brother, Sino'fel



    "I... I don't know. It is as if something is obscuring my senses from being able to identify this one. Like the words which make it's name have been blurred and distorted. I cannot see her name nor House. Nothing. No Child possesses such an ability, or they would be smitten by their matriarch for hiding their face from their Mother. Whatever this abomination is, it does not mean well, for any of us. Even Talri would be equally inclined to murder this creature, as she would us. Pray it serves as adequate distraction for her fury. We must escape quickly. Remaining in close proximity to this thing invites attention from the Houses we don't need." Hawk quickly dropped placed his sword aside to lean on the wall while he dug through his bag. He pulled out small sheets of canvas, and a canteen. He wet the sheets, then put the metal bottle away before tossing in a handful of strange black rocks. He folded everything neatly together into a rectangular package "This is an alchemical-bit called charcoal, it'll buy us some time, but not much. Keep it to your face until we find a proper mask." The man repeated the process again, but produced some heavy cordage and tied the damp cloth to his face. He tossed a handful of cord at the old man then lifted his sword once the materials were packed away.

    The banging still sounded from behind them, "That thing's gonna wake every devil in hell, we're not gonna have time to sneak around once that ruckus is heard by every arse-hole from here to Korvosa. I'd give it maybe half a minute before that door comes down and we're running like our britches caught fire. So, no matter what happens once we open this door. Plan's simple. Find masks. Get out - expeditiously..." He paused, smirking at his own use of a word with more than four syllables, "...That means, fast." Hawk pulled open the door, and behind it the thick roiling miasma poured in. Without loosing a step, he plunged into the dimly lit hall.


    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Asiresh HP: 17/28

    ⯎ Asiresh's equipment has been recovered
    ✦ Asiresh's bow string has rotted. After a number of uses it risks breaking: 12/12 Uses
    ⯎ Asiresh's is immune to the nauseated effect of the smog for (5/5 minutes)
    ✦ Asiresh is nauseated while he remains in the smog (DC20 Fort to resist for 1d3 rounds)
    [Nauseated condition not yet applied]: Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.



    ✦ Spited: 50 (Exiled Son)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (1)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (2)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (3)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (4)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (5)


    ✦ Wounds: Asiresh
    ⯎ Land speed reduced to 10 ft - Cannot run (Healed: Duration - 2 days)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions deal 1 point of damage (Healed)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions have a 10% chance of causing bleed 1d4 rounds (Healed)



    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 02:03 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    Her brows furrowed as Lile spoke to her, it seemed that he understood her but for some reason outside of the house he could not speak a language that she understood. Seeing him motion asking for something to write with she reached back into her quiver searching for a piece of chalk. She watched as he continued gesturing towards the different sights before them, a slight giggle escaping her lips as he acted as if he was paddling. Finally finding the piece of chalk she was searching for she handed the chalk to Lile. Once he had the piece of chalk she reached into the wound that lay between her breasts, pulling out a shovel she held it up for Lile to write on as she proceeded to look around at what lay before her. "Well it sucks that we cant speak with each other, seems if I wish to reside here for any period of time I should learn that language. Not sure what Maurna means, I'm guessing it has something to do with boats or maybe crossing the water... though I am not at all sure." Looking back towards the ruins, "I at least understood that the ruins over there are Quarry, and i take it that the area covered in water is E'Auldordun, though I don't understand it's significance. I think once we make it into the city it might be helpful to find a better method of communication, possibly an actually quill and some paper."

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Cursed, The Immortal & The Haunted - Aden, Feliks & Arina


    22th of Rova, Sunday - Time: 7:51 am (Morning) / AR 4707 (Autumn)
    The Lost Coast Road; Sandpoint Hinterlands
    Town of Sandpoint; Town Square


    "Uh, knowing my luck woulda been me in the crossfire. At least she's getting some help. I know that inquisitor, Abygael... She's a bit of a handful, can't much understand her, but she gets done whatever needs doing." He shrugged at the man's mention of Affri, "That's because ya' know what 'wrong' looks like. You'd be a damned fool if she didn't scare you. There's not many real crimelords left, not genuine ones, and that fear ya' feel will keep ya' alive. She doesn't try to pretend she ain't what she ain't. But people forget what she is just cus' she might be helpful, or do some good by the people; but she's damn evil. Evil, in the real way. Being polite don't change that, an' she ain't trying to change. Being in her good graces, ain't a bad thing, but it comes and goes, fickle as wind. Just be careful, Sczarni families only give warnings to those they respect."

    Weiss seemed lost in thought, repeating the name under her breath "Stella.... Stella." She looked up at Aden, "Who's Stella? ...Sorry, I just don't really remember everyone on your team." She tried to smile, but it came across as a forced and embarrassed expression at having no recollection of who he was talking about. "She's the short witch I mentioned before." "Oh. What a pity. It sounds like she has some talent, if she were here I could have helped her understand her magic." She signed, as if moderately disappointed.

    As Aden begun to speak up, she smiled, both hands coming together excitedly. "Oh yes. Good questions. Most of that relates to one another actually. As far as what is wrong with the world, well. Unfortunately your Witch, Stella has created what is called a 'Divergence'. There are both positive and negative aspects of a Divergence. Usually they do tend to favor a majority, either mostly negative or positive, but are never entirely all bad or all good. A Divergence is a phenomenon created by entities from other 'higher' planes, it rewrites the fates of the Weave - an all encompassing transcendental force which binds our realities together. In the Otherworlds, it is the responsibility of the Witches to maintain good order and ensure the Weave does not fall into chaos. Far different from the witches of your world, the name serves as a title where I come from, with an uppercase 'W', as it were." She giggled at her joke, though it wasn't particularly funny. "Perhaps that might be more than you want to know... In any case, the Divergence which your witch caused was negative, in the extreme. Nothing beyond fixing, but very troublesome nonetheless. It also introduced a new thread, which fated the world to be brought to ruin. A cataclysm which would continue to destroy and bring this world unto a second Age of Darkness. That thread still exists, but for now it remains suspended. Still, there remains great turmoil left in the wake of that mistake. Corruptions and distortions to what should be. The Long Night should have been 6 days, but this Divergence brought you here, created a seventh day and altered this world.... Now the horrors which plagued your world are beginning to wake here, and horrid dreams haunt every soul. Some see it when they are awake. Others, only in their dreams, and some cannot forget at all. They remember the fates they shared in your world, their suffering, the darkness, and for most - even their own deaths. Every soul is effected to a different degree, but to those greatly influenced, it is a horrible and maddening experience. During the year of Night in your world, nearly one in three men died just within the first few months. That is a blight which now extends here..." The mood grew somber very quickly, Corwin poured herself a small glass and took a shot.

    "The place Denil described to me is called the Primeval Dark. Though, I struggle to believe it myself, the voice which speaks to you may be an entity which we call Valpurga. See that you do not speak this name carelessly, or you may invite ruin." Her tone had grown deathly serious with those last words. They didn't need to imagine why, they themselves had already seen the potential devastation one name could bring. "Beings of power invite the curiosity of similarly powerful entities, known as Relicuum spirits. Knowing this name puts you at risk, and they will see to use and mistreat you for their own unknowable purposes. I would advise you not to put yourself in that situation. It is a rabbit-hole which will quickly spin out of control and utterly destroy you. Something I'm sure you're beginning to understand already...." She cleared her throat, trying to put aside the sudden shift in tone that made her sound more like she was giving a lecture. Though, perhaps they needed a lecture, after all they were in the company of a group which had been present when one of their own had fractured the design of the world.

    "Ehm, sorry... But it is pretty serious. You haven't seen how bad it can get. Once your life has been thrown into that lot, it's very difficult to wrestle it back into your own hands. That's not the way you want to live. Em, and... it's actually not a council of witches. The Council was actually created by Elahkhuur." She gestured at Arina. "The Wheel and Council is one of the most significant ruling bodies which exist. It has brought peace and tranquility where there was once only war and death. There are many people who sit upon the Council. Their number are as follows; Three Witches - myself included. Six Sages, three from Tangi'thac and three from Isto'thac - including both Elder Sages. Six Grand Savants of the Conclave. Fifteen Speakers who represent the concerns of the Weavers and Spirits, and finally the Dark Teller, who is currently absent. It is a very large congregation, and above this ruling body is the Wheel; A divine union made of the greater deities spanning between all realms which the Weave touches. The Wheel represents everything. Our union, our purpose, and the Council's authority to act for the betterment of all life between our joint worlds." She yawned while stretching from her chair, "The three witches you're looking for is, me - the Witch of Allfire. The Whispering Witch... Who is pretty gloomy. She also doesn't like speaking, to most people I suppose. Not really sure about her personal preferences, but unlike the rest of us, the Whispering Witch isn't a constant. She's not a single person, she's an identity who serves the House of Black. Whoever is named as the next Umbral Ascendant becomes the Whispering Witch. For that reason, she's extremely difficult to find since she rarely holds a physical form or even visits the prime material plane of your universe. You'd only find her elsewhere, or venturing across the Primeval Dark. Personally, I would recommend just leaving her be. If it's truly important, than you can meet her at the next Assembly; a gathering of the Council. As for the third, she has a fascination with humans and often visits. The Witch of Fall, is perhaps the strangest of my peers, and the oldest. She often spends her free time incarnating herself as a mortal to spend time among more mundane creatures. Her powers have grown to the point where she has grown aloof, but she is far too ancient for me to truly comprehend. But at the very least, she is very easy to find. I hear she's recently taken residence in Magnimar, if you care to speak with her. Expect to be treated as a means of amusement, she does enjoy her riddles and challenges. It's quite vexing."


    Side Quest: The Devil Inside
    Emithy explained that everyone had begun having strange dreams, and even visions, without explanation. The only difference was how those effected interpreted their experiences. Most dismissed it completely. Dreams were just dreams, but some had more acute experiences. The depth of how men were effected seemed to differ based on the individual. It raised many questions, but none more so than if truly everyone across the world was now plagued by these strange haunts within their minds. It was an impossible scale, an impossible magic, but they had seen strange things. The young man advised them against pursuing these visions haphazardly, least they bite off more than they could chew. Maybe the voices were real and the world would be crushed by the endless darkness, but that didn't mean the voice in the blackness would come to their aid when their backs were against the wall. Perhaps the young man was right, perhaps it was better to take things slow. Perhaps it was time to take on a normal job?
    Difficulty: None | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Find Emithy. Find a job.



    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show


    ֍ Aden XP +150 (3,450xp)





    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 02:04 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Feliks blinks looking back over at the cleric. Of course. The one person he didn't try to check on medically.. He did say he saw it too. The footsteps outside could wait as he moved in closer to check on Uriel status to make sure the deacon was still even alive, grabbing a vial of the troll salve. It may not be the most pleasant way of healing, but if the deacon showed signs of failing life, Feliks was going to need to use it, as while the footsteps could wait, he knew they wouldn't wait for long.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Asiresh

    Asiresh takes the makeshift mask from the boy and ties it off around his mouth in the same manner he did. "Thank you. We should move now then. We need speed over stealth for now while we the thing is still locked in that 'cage'. I know what expeditiously means as well boy. I'm not stupid now grab your shyte and lets go!" As Asiresh finishes this he is pushing the boy out the door to take lead through the tunnels but still has his bow in hand in case he needs it. "Hold on. Nelrin, you said she. Are you positive it is a she?! If you are certain then I'M going to assume its Talri. I would hate to find out its worse than her. Ever since we destroyed this universe, she has been hunting us. I could only imagine what sort of precautions shes put into place for us in case of our return to this unfortunate land. We must move out with the boy while we can. I doubt I'll be able to track anything within the miasma of pure feces as I would actually need a proper scent trail to do so. We must make due." Once outside the door, Asiresh takes a look around for anything useful and a single deep breath to try to discern any unique scent through the crap infested air.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Perception check for outside the door
    (1d20+10)[18]

    Survival for the scent (I'm not hopeful and I'm expecting this to go terribly wrong)
    (1d20+8)[14]

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Exiled Son - Asiresh





    Main Quest: Goodnight World
    They had crushed your very existence. Scattered your soul across the realms and existence and cast you down into the filth of the mortal's world. Yet still you remained, still you struggled. Still you lived. A few hundred million years had found you in perhaps the worst state you had ever been, feeble and old. Even the body which you found yourself inhabiting could not be called the original. You've suffered chilling nights and blistering mornings, tortured and mangled, waiting for this chance. The devil which once haunted you many lifetimes ago had vanished, never to be seen again it seemed since you came to this world. It had been the first time in a long time you had ever been truly alone. Now it was time to destroy those who plotted against you, reclaim your birthright, and set the Cycle right. You were coming home.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Progress: (0/2)
    Primary Objective: Escape
    Alternate Objective: Find your brother, Sino'fel



    The devil sneered at the old man, "All Children are female you fool. Least the Mothers desire some toy to entertain them for a short while. Males are worthless creatures of no power nor significance, a fact you should know better then most... Or did you forget why I cast myself into Hell to be reborn as this?" The towering horned specter turned about to loom over the old man menacingly, "You would do well to feign some manner of intelligence, least I also forget, why I allow you to live." The horned creature turned away stormily. "Talri is a tool, not a person. Her actions are dictated by her purpose. While that remains true, such tactics like employing some blighted abomination to hunt another another remain outside her ability. One wrong does not make right another. All such creatures are equally distasteful to the House of the First, and are purged just the same. That will not change while Quortek V'dre still stands."

    Hawk looked back behind himself as he was pushed out the door, "Boss, what're you doing just standing there?" His voice was muffled from behind the damp mask. The brown smog that filled the air was horrible and burned the eyes like an irritant. A sudden pulse shook them, and tossed the very pressure in the air. Asiresh couldn't make out anything aside from the horrid smell of decal matter and rot. Then all went dark. It wasn't the kind of blackness brought on by nightfall. It was an absolute, impenetrable darkness which doused every light, every sense. Every sensation and feeling, even his sense of self, as if for that split second he didn't exist at all. As quickly as the dark brought from the blink of an eye, it was gone. Yet for that one fraction of a second, he had ceased being himself and he had returned to being the ageless darkness once again. It was a horrible and oppressive feeling which carried the weight of hundreds of millions of years left in maddening silence.


    Hawk slid across the floor, face first into a wall, staggering backwards. A horrible wall of choking fumes hit the old elf's nose all at once. It was stronger than the nauseating smell of filth, and far more frightening. A scent which was universal, a scent he could know anywhere. The smell of death. The mercenary glanced around at the gore-slick floor, thick splatters of blood and bits of skin now painted the hall's interior and walls. "Oh sheit. A Black Scene. They're uncommon, but not rare in Tainted Lands... It means something's changed. This place, and maybe more have been altered. This might even be Tainted Land..." The young man pulled out a sunrod from a pocket, striking the copper cap on the metal rod's end. It created a burst of luminescence far wider than the area his floating gems covered. Quickly he stuffed the bit into his belt to free his hands before he drew his sword. Hanging the scabbard off his back, he gave his blade a once-over just to be sure it was still in good order before putting it into service once again. The devil scoffed, "This boy can judge a Divergence... by feel? I've never heard of something so ridiculous... Perhaps he'd make a better host. Heh." The horned devil cackled evilly.

    Iron Hawk kept his sword high and readied and he skulked forward down the hall. "Gods be good.... Boss... Found some sorry sod's arm..." Indeed, just as he had said, amid the gore covered hall remained a single disembodied arm. It was not cleanly severed, but viciously ripped and sawn-off from the rest. It looked like the work of some rabid beast. "Don't touch it. The things been turned... I've seen a lot of my boys end up like this. Only one thing can curse flesh like this... Veilbeasts. Fawking Veilbeasts." He leaned his sword on a shoulder and dug into his bag. "Less those arrows are magic, your bow gonna be down right useless. Normal steel and iron can't wound those creatures." He pulled out a strange foggy glass battle, marked with unusual seals and a waxed cork. Biting off the end, he spat the topper off to the side before spinning his blade in reverse and emptying the contents. The thick mixture ran down the flat of his weapon, coating it in a dimly glowing admixture. "Normal blanche and ghost salts are useless too, but my teacher made a blanche just for these beasties. We can't all afford magic swords, right?" The coat begun to harden and crystallize over the steel forming a sharp coat in the profile of the blade. "If ya plan to frequent these kinda places, I'd recommend we pay his shop a visit. It's just before you reach Starsilver Plaza here in the city, it's called the 'Gear Hero'. Master Demn is rarely in, but when he is, he can make some great tools." He hefted his prepared blade up and adjusted his mask before advancing, "Door. Do we check it or keep going?"












    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It took me 4.5 hours to paint this goddam map. You better love it!

    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Asiresh HP: 17/28

    ֍ Asiresh +450 XP (450xp)
    ⯎ Discovered The Gulls +100 XP (550xp)
    ⯎ Survival Influence Gained
    ⯎ [A Wild Night Bonus] - [Iron Hawk] Affection +10

    ֍ Iron Hawk +250 XP (250xp)
    ⯎ Discovered The Gulls +100 XP (350xp)
    ⯎ Liberation Influence Gained
    ⯎ Survival Influence Gained
    ⯎ Freedom Influence Gained
    ⯎ Knowledge Influence Gained
    ⯎ Exploration Influence Gained
    ⯎ Travel Influence Gained
    ⯎ Darkness Influence Gained


    ⯎ Asiresh's equipment has been recovered
    ✦ Asiresh's bow string has rotted. After a number of uses it risks breaking: 12/12 Uses
    ⯎ Asiresh's is immune to the nauseated effect of the smog for (4/5 minutes)
    ✦ Asiresh is nauseated while he remains in the smog (DC20 Fort to resist for 1d3 rounds)
    [Nauseated condition not yet applied]: Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.



    ✦ Spited: 50 (Exiled Son)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (1)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (2)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (3)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (4)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (5)


    ✦ Wounds: Asiresh
    ⯎ Land speed reduced to 10 ft - Cannot run (Healed: Duration - 2 days)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions deal 1 point of damage (Healed)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions have a 10% chance of causing bleed 1d4 rounds (Healed)



    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 02:08 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Asiresh

    "This is why I hate you." furthering to ignore the devil less he says something useful. Making his way behind the boy "I don't want to know what has happened to this land while I've been gone. I've never fought these things before but you have. I typically sway from standard arrows. I have thistle, bone, and siccatite, both kinds. I would imagine the siccatite would do just fine. But if none of those would do then I have a glass dagger which I would like to avoid but i might not have a choice." Thinking for a moment....then speaking in a low voice as to make his voice only be heard by the boy"No that door can't be the exit if we are this far down. I've been severely wrong so far, just be weary that if we have an engagement down here its going to be rough. As we go past that door I'll stop and have a brief listen but my intention is to keep moving past." Sticking to the walls close to the boy searching for traps as well in what he can see. As he sneaks past the door he stops briefly for a listen to see what he can hear and continues on past it to the end of the hall. He also casts Detect magic to try to see anything magical.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Nope map was trash. BUT just remember it's a trash CAN not a trash CAN'T. Also why did you make our tokens female....neither of us are female...and Fyck Nelrin. I don't remember him being a little cheeky cuck


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Perception for the traps maybe.

    (1d20+10)[15]

    and casted Detect Magic and move to 15C.
    Last edited by iValkyrieX; 2018-05-27 at 03:14 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Cursed, The Immortal & The Haunted - Aden, Feliks & Arina


    22th of Rova, Sunday - Time: 7:51 am (Morning) / AR 4707 (Autumn)
    The Lost Coast Road; Sandpoint Hinterlands
    Town of Sandpoint; Town Square


    As Feliks took a closer look at the man he realized he wasn't dead, or dying for that matter. While unconscious, a more detailed inspection showed signs of severe exhaustion and sleep deprivation. The might have been surviving on little to no rest for perhaps weeks. Of course it would only be a matter of time before the body gave out, it was a wonder he even lasted this long. He could only be grateful the man collapsed in a chair, and not face-first into the ground. The proposition of having to collect the broken teeth from the priest's face was not a pleasant one. It looked as if his work here had been otherwise complete.

    The side of the tent was ripped open and an element of armored soldiers came storming in. At its fore was a tall woman of a dark complexion, broad of shoulder and covered in golden plates. The dented shield in her hand was still stained with old gore which no good polish would lift easily. A heavy bronze cross filled with nicks and cuts was bolted to the face of her shield crudely, roughly engraved with words which read; “I shall wage war against the spawn of the pit and annihilate any who serve them.” The back of the shield's face was carved with small names. Her eyes were hawkish and hardened, scanning the scene about them with a cool demeanor. She gestured at the fallen priest to one of the men flanking her sides, "See to the priest." The man pulled off his gauntlet and checked the priest's pulse, "He's alive, ma'am." The knightly dame nodded firmly, her steely gaze met Feliks. Everything about the woman screamed 'warrior', her mannerisms, stiff gestures and words, even her intimidating height. Yet, even behind the old scars, she was not ugly. Her exotic tone and features might have even been called beautiful. Her armor and equipment was well maintained, but had evidently been proven in hard-won combat. It all seemed to serve a functional purpose, except for the long crimson scarf she wore, it was torn in places and patches were missing as if used to bandage a wound or two, but it evidently had a larger sentimental value. "I am Lady Brestalt Nevens, Exarch of Kenabres. Captain of the Order of the Sunrise Sword; now in service to Cardinal Belvinge with the passing of Prelate Shappok... and you have my thanks."

    Some of the men cast their gaze towards the floor at the mention of the slain lord of Kenabres. The news of the so-called 'Worldwound' opening was spreading slowly, and the battle had been raging on for nearly ten months. It had become extremely difficult to convince the loyal knights of Mendev to pull away from the front lines and rest, and so pilgrimages such as this, to spread news and garner support, had become more and more common. It was the closest thing to rest most could tolerate while their brothers and sisters still fought and died. At least their time was spent furthering the cause. "We could use men like you. There's more victims than there is medics. If you're looking to use those skills for a worthy cause, then find us." She tossed a heavy purse into his arms, "Take it. Whatever it is you decide to do, you'll need the proper tools to do it. Medicine is changing. War is changing. We need to change too."


    Side Quest: The Devil Inside
    Emithy explained that everyone had begun having strange dreams, and even visions, without explanation. The only difference was how those effected interpreted their experiences. Most dismissed it completely. Dreams were just dreams, but some had more acute experiences. The depth of how men were effected seemed to differ based on the individual. It raised many questions, but none more so than if truly everyone across the world was now plagued by these strange haunts within their minds. It was an impossible scale, an impossible magic, but they had seen strange things. The young man advised them against pursuing these visions haphazardly, least they bite off more than they could chew. Maybe the voices were real and the world would be crushed by the endless darkness, but that didn't mean the voice in the blackness would come to their aid when their backs were against the wall. Perhaps the young man was right, perhaps it was better to take things slow. Perhaps it was time to take on a normal job?
    Difficulty: None | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Find Emithy. Find a job.



    [Potential, General] Alchemy Training I: Lily of the Valley
    With extensive research and skill, you have learned to create strange and powerful tonics using only your tools, and the mundane herbs at your disposal. Your concoctions mend wounds and bolster the health of patients who were once too far gone. Part science, part superstition, your studies still provide results. Transmuting the elemental components of material into another usable form was perhaps one of your greatest achievements, but the burden could become great, and needed to be handled with great care - because even medicine could become poison.

    Benefit: You gain Heal as a class skill. If Heal is already a class skill for you, you instead gain a +4 circumstance bonus to this skill. You may choose to transmute a medicine for a specific individual by expending 100gp worth of herbs or alchemic regents per HD the victim possesses. A transmutation is completed by performing a ritual which takes 1d4 rounds to complete, this action provokes attack. After this ritual has been completed the alchemist suffers 1d4 points of nonlethal damage per HD of his concoction. This nonlethal damage is not healed naturally but is removed completely the next time the alchemist rests. The damage is not removed if the alchemist gains the benefit of rest from any other means aside from sleep. The remedy which the alchemist creates grants 1d4 temporary hit points and heals 1d6 points of ability damage and hit point damage. Effected creatures automatically stabilize and regain consciousness when treated. Additionally, 1 point of Spite is healed, however a creature can only benefit from this Spite effect once every 2d8 days.

    If a creature other than the one which the remedy was made ingests this tonic then it becomes a poison. This poison deals 1d4 points of wisdom damage, and 1d4 points of hit point damage per HD the remedy possesses. The onset of the poison occurs within 1d6 rounds, with a frequency of 1/minute for 10 minutes. Curing this toxin requires 2 consecutive fortitude saves (DC10 + tonic HD + Intelligence modifier of alchemist). A poisoned creature begins coughing a thick tar-like mucus and choking, if their wisdom score reaches 0 the creature is immediately slain. After an hour the corpse reanimates as an insane undead creature which cannot be controlled. The corpse will naturally dissolve within 24 hours if left unattended.

    A remedy only remains potent for 24 hours.
    The healing from this Potential may effect Spited creatures and those with Cursed Wounds from a non-mythic source.


    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show


    ֍ Feliks XP +250 (3,700xp)
    ⯎ Received 200 Platinum Pieces (4 lbs)
    ⯎ Gained General Potential - Alchemy Training I: Lily of the Valley




    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 02:09 AM.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Triskavanski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Feliks immeditly stood to a stiff standing position as the tent was ripped open, taking a quick second to glance at the nearest tools he had at his disposal in case he needed to fight. If nothing else to save his own skin, as there would be little he could do against a proper group of soldiers. If he had more time and resources, a better building, he would have been able to hold out a little more likely. He glanced to her shield as she came stepping in then looked over the rest, only easing up when it was clear they weren't going to just murder him and his patients.

    Still, that shield. This woman was just like the skull faced one, slayers of heritics and witches. At least of that he was sure. "Careful with him." he starts as they begin to look over the priest. "He needs rest. I suspect he over used his magic, trying to keep these six alive until I had arrived. He oofs, stumbling back at the weight of the purse. "Thank you. I will consider it, though I'm no military man. Just a medic who travels." Not to mention someone who was still in that awful guild of exploiters.

    He took a moment to look around a bit more. No beasts coming out of the shadows. No sudden down pouring ice and death. No witches getting their guts ripped out. He almost took a look at his time piece, but decided not to. Not yet. Even the mundane has its own dangers and he still didn't quite trust this lady. "I am Feliks Triskavanski." he says introducing himself.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Returner - Stella Astral




    Main Quest: The World Betwixt
    An alien and foreign world. An even stranger land and people. Rising from the mires, you find yourself in a place unlike any you've seen before. Somewhere between a dream, a spirit land and reality, this world resided. Everything about it seemed to bristle with magic of a different sort, a type which didn't even seem familiar. You had come to be healed, and seeing the strangeness of the universe around you, you felt you had come to the right place. For it was so unique, that it didn't seem a stretch of the truth to believe that such a cure could be found quite easily. Yet, that same thought also drove home a fact; you were a long way from home.
    Difficulty: Challenging | Status: On-Going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Objective:Heal your wounds.


    Lile took the chalk in his mouth and begun to write on the shovel, though oddly. He wrote few words, and they were written from right to left with the first letter of each word mirrored in reverse. Maurna = Boat were the first words, which he quickly erased. Need boat. Crossing. Again written strangely and quickly erased. Water danger =/= Swim He seemed to be limiting himself to three words, but any amount of symbols to fill in the gaps. At the very least it was clear they needed a boat to cross this area and swimming was not an option. Idiot. He drew a picture of a cat sticking its tongue out on the shovel and laughed. "Che'el d'Quarry z'ha'r'ilbol!" He swept a paw behind them, beside them, in front of them. Even the sky. Everywhere. Then specifically gestured at the ruins which they had just came to, the large bridge which stretched over an old canal still looked solid and well built, though overgrown with ivy and roots. "E'Auldordun." He shoved the chalk back in his mouth and wrote on the shovel after erasing his drawing. "Ruins. E'Auldordun.

    The ruins were a wild maze of collapsing buildings and criss-crossing pathways across the water. It looked almost serene, but she noticed the stillness. There were no people here, no movement, no animals nor creatures. "E'Auldordun dangerous. He erased the shovel again, Few come here.. He pointed off far in the distance, Must find dock. He erased everything on the shovel, leaving only one word. Dangerous. He made strange monster clawing gestures and small growling noises, then erased the shovel again. Go slowly. He made sword swinging gestures, Need hunter help He drew a rough picture of a shield hunters protect.


    ??th of Rova, Sunday - Time: ?:36 am (Morning) / AR 4707
    Tangi'thac, The Waking Day; Du'ased'taur, The Sacred Grove
    The City of Quarry; E'Auldordun


    Spoiler: Rewards | EXP
    Show

    ֍ Stella XP +150 (3,600xp)
    ⯎ Liberation Influence Gained
    ⯎ Community Influence Gained

    ⯎ Gem of Telepathy: 4/5 Charges, 3 min duration - Identified use with UMD


    Stella HP: 1/17
    ✦ Spited (Returner)
    ⭍ Spite increases by 1 (Knowledge: Forbidden)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increase due to Knowledge (Forbidden)
    ⭍ Stella's move speed is reduced by 10
    ⭍ Stella takes 5 points of constitution damage
    ⭍ Stella takes 2 points of wisdom damage
    ⭍ Stella's HP reduced to 0
    ⭍ Stella's checks other than Forbidden have failed due to Spite
    ⭍ Knowledge (Local) has been Spited and may not be used until Spite is reduced to 0
    (Some effects of Spite remain active until the current value is lessened or removed completely)





    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 02:10 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    forg99rules's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    She watched as Lile scribbled on the shovel, seemed she had guessed right about some things and wrong regarding others. She stuck her tongue out back at him when he called her an idiot, how was she supposed to know that everything around them was Quarry. Reaching her hand up she scratched him behind his ears as she looked out in the direction he had pointed. He made it perfectly clear that crossing E'Auldordun alone or without a boat was very dangerous. Nodding at his last writing that they needed a hunter to protect them she headed off slowly in the direction that he pointed to keeping her eyes peeled for a dock and for any of these Hunters that Lile said they needed to find. She began getting a bit thirsty as they walked, reaching into her wound she pulled out a silvery goblet with runes inscribed along the rim. Tracing her fingers over the wounds she watches as they light up, as the final rune glowed blue she waited as water filled the goblet to the brim. Bringing the goblet to her lips she takes a nice long drink from it before holding it up for Lile to take a drink as she assumed that he might be thirsty as well.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Using my Goblet of quenching for a quick drink,


  29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mornings's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outside

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)



    The Exiled Son - Asiresh





    Main Quest: Goodnight World
    They had crushed your very existence. Scattered your soul across the realms and existence and cast you down into the filth of the mortal's world. Yet still you remained, still you struggled. Still you lived. A few hundred million years had found you in perhaps the worst state you had ever been, feeble and old. Even the body which you found yourself inhabiting could not be called the original. You've suffered chilling nights and blistering mornings, tortured and mangled, waiting for this chance. The devil which once haunted you many lifetimes ago had vanished, never to be seen again it seemed since you came to this world. It had been the first time in a long time you had ever been truly alone. Now it was time to destroy those who plotted against you, reclaim your birthright, and set the Cycle right. You were coming home.
    Difficulty: Moderate | Status: On-going | Profit: Unknown | Time: None
    Progress: (0/2)
    Primary Objective: Escape
    Alternate Objective: Find your brother, Sino'fel



    Hawk lightly stepped through the hall, efforts wasted as a hammering raucous crash thundered somewhere behind them. The mercenary slouched, "Goddam, could that thing be any louder." Asiresh's magical senses extended outward, he could feel a necromatic energy pulsing in the general vicinity of the dismembered arm, just as the boy had said, it surely was corrupted by some magical means. To his surprise he could feel various magical pulses of a different sort coming from the other side of the first door he passed. Hawk stopped in the hall, taking a knee to inspect the ground. "Footprints..."

    There was a trail of bloody prints leading out and away from the first door and down the hall. He pointed at a trail of blood which the prints followed. "Two persons. Looks like someone else made it out, but not unscathed. Our bloody shoe'd killer was probably moving in to finish him off. Second door." He pointed off to the side as Asiresh pressed on forward, identifying a second door the old elf was about to pass. "Slow down old man. I got a bad feeling about this one. Ain't none of this was here before the 'Black Scene'... Oh, Hell!" The light filtered through to the far end of the hallway. A massive wooden door stood at the end, filled with claw marks and splattered with gore, but that had not been what caught the Harrier by surprise. At the foot of the door lay two fur-covered corpses, similarly emitting an evil necromatic aura to the old man's enhanced eyes. They were rat-like creatures who stood on two legs, but were not like Ratfolk. Tall and burly, vicious in demeanor. One lay cleanly decapitated as if from a keen-edged weapon and the other was brutally hacked apart where he lay. Deep gouges in the cracked stone encircled the corpse as if his assailant had went into a blind frenzy and chopped at the creature again and again, and again, cleaving stone and bone alike. The beast looked like a mutilated mound of fleshy gore, with face and skull smashed and battered into a macabre soup to paint the floor. The body still twitched awkwardly in its death spasms. Hawk lifted his blade defensively, "Wererats! Big'uns at that. Not easily put down... What's the next move boss?"








    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Asiresh HP: 17/28

    ֍ Asiresh +350 XP (900xp)
    ⯎ Survival Influence Gained
    ֍ Iron Hawk +350 XP (600xp)
    ⯎ Liberation Influence Gained
    ⯎ Survival Influence Gained
    ⯎ Freedom Influence Gained
    ⯎ Knowledge Influence Gained
    ⯎ Exploration Influence Gained
    ⯎ Travel Influence Gained
    ⯎ Darkness Influence Gained[/COLOR]

    ⯎ Asiresh's equipment has been recovered
    ✦ Asiresh's bow string has rotted. After a number of uses it risks breaking: 12/12 Uses
    ⯎ Asiresh's is immune to the nauseated effect of the smog for (3/5 minutes)
    ✦ Asiresh is nauseated while he remains in the smog (DC20 Fort to resist for 1d3 rounds)
    [Nauseated condition not yet applied]: Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move action per turn.



    ✦ Spited: 50 (Exiled Son)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (1)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (2)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (3)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (4)
    ⭍ Severity of spited effects increased (5)


    ✦ Wounds: Asiresh
    ⯎ Land speed reduced to 10 ft - Cannot run (Healed: Duration - 2 days)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions deal 1 point of damage (Healed)
    ⯎ Strenuous actions have a 10% chance of causing bleed 1d4 rounds (Healed)



    Last edited by Mornings; 2018-11-17 at 02:11 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    iValkyrieX's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014

    Default Re: The Primeval Dark (IC)

    Asiresh

    "I'm sure if we follow the footsteps and the carnage it will lead to more rooms and we are behind the thing that did this," pointing to the dead rats, "but still move with caution. Onward. check the door and listen, use your cone to listen for more if you hear nothing then we move in, if you hear voices we have no choice but to test our luck." Slowly moving up with the boy past the bodies. Reflecting on past experiences of his days long forgotten filled with blood shed and dismemberment. He gets lost briefly recalling a time when he was on a hunt long before becoming a pathfinder in his previous life.



    This hunt was rather unique. Unique in a sense that it's one Asir didn't kill. A small gig he had picked up in a passing town while pickup up supplies and food. There were some strange disappearances within the town and he had overheard there would be some coin if someone could track down what the cause was. Asir looked in his pouch and there wasn't much left. He knew he would have to do something in order to feed himself for the next few weeks until he makes it to the next town. He knew this was his only opportunity to make some coin. He asked around town for what little information was out there but nobody seemed to want to talk to him. As he was making his way back out on the road with what little supplies he had left he was hit over the head and a sack slipped over it. The next thing he knew he was sitting at a table with a man shadowed by 4 more men with large swords. When the man across from him spoke it was a somber tone, one stricken with grief. "My wife....find her for me please. If shes still alive then you must bring her back. There's coin in it for you." Asir not being a family man could offer no condolences but he knew it was the right thing to do. He set off with what information the man provided about sightings and oddities in the area. Asir spent three nights in the nearby woods looking for trails and he found only the slightest of clues, a small locket. No broken branches, no blood, no trail. Just a locket or so he thought. Later that night at his camp he heard something approaching. Something so quiet it barely resembled sound. He couldn't see anything but grabbed his bow and quiver and set off to the shadows overlooking the camp. What appeared was a bloody beaten battered woman who looked half dead. She entered the camp and took the locket he found that day then set off. Her footsteps so light she nearly didn't make a sound when moving nor left a mark. But to this old mans trained ear it was enough. Asir followed her back to her 'den' and found an absolute massacre. Women, children, beasts, even the town guards alike. Hundreds of bodies as if no longer killing for survival but for the hunt. There she was...the women he was looking for at the center of this. He took one look at her and knew she was no longer something of this world. She was a werewolf caught between cycles. She had to be put down. Or if she craved the hunt as much as he did she would make a great ally. But that thought was short lived when she caught wind of his scent and she took off after him. Asir being no amateur was sure to have plenty of tools to take her down but he was able to trap her. A bear trap lined with silver teeth. She had no choice but to talk to him. From that day Asir gained an ally in her. Her name was Ailene.



    Asiresh snaps back to the present, caught in the moment he keeps his focus on what lies ahead of him. Keeping himself pressing forward away from the child at his back. Making his way up to the door he leans in to listen with the boy.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Asir pushes forward right up to the door to where the hinge is. A8A put me there cuz now thats a ****ing door.

    Perception for listen or aiding the boy in his listening whichever is easier cuz i know he had that cone to listen with.

    (1d20+10)[25]
    Last edited by iValkyrieX; 2018-06-02 at 02:27 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •