Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Corrupt a Wish II

And so you shall. Have fun hand making nachos in small batches, for everyone. And I mean everyone: not just the 7 billion who are alive now. Everyone. You may be some time.
    There is no dip.

I wish for some nachos, with guacamole.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Granted. You get nachos. And guacamole. So much guacamole. I have to violate conservation of mass in order to construct this much guac. The 'guac-ball' has a mass equivalent to a sizable star. You drown in the guac, as does everyone else on earth.

I wish for a reasonable amount of chips with a reasonable amount of guac and nothing else with that, thank you very much...
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, sure! I'll even give you a coupon for a lifetime of refills. You... you did say nothing else, right? Because I'm taking away your ability to digest other foods, as payment. That's cool, right? We're cool?

Great! That's one mystically-stolen component for my artificial life form down. Let's see what's next on the list...

I wish for a module that grants the ability to endlessly stress over moral quandaries.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

4. - Top - End - #244

You get that- from yourself. After you take out the module, you wonder what purpose you had in creating an AI when humans are fine as is. You go strolling off, whistling a tune to yourself as you never contemplate the purpose of existence again. On the bright side, you have a nice cubicle career ahead of you!

I wish to finish the AI Gunsforhands started.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

It starts to endlessly stress over moral quandaries. The energy consumption involved eventually causes it to catch fire.

I wish for people to lose the ability to believe untrue statements which I have not, personally and without coercion, come up with.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Granted. It is true that this wish makes it easy for you to lie successfully to people. It is also true that people are no longer able to lie to themselves, which would ordinarily inure their minds against the yawning whirlpools of existential dread; and fortify them for the daily battle of civilized life which is predicated on mutually agreed-upon lies. But without the careful tissues of internal self-deception, what is left to conceal the naked truth of our being -- fragile animals whirling through a meaningless and inhospitable void? How can one live an ordinary day in the shadow of such unbuffered emptiness? Despair and murderous chaos swirl up in our collective heart and pound like waves on old, crumbling jetties. As the only one left whose lies can be believed, there is opportunity to install yourself as a god-king amidst the mass social erosion... if you are crafty, and if you act quickly. Otherwise you shall be swallowed into bloody darkness with the rest of us.

I wish for an orangery with seven budgies to live in the branches of the trees.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2018-11-16 at 10:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Your life is now a single looping Monty Python sketch.

I wish for a functional coffee table.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

A beloved older relative dies and leaves you their coffee table in their will.

I wish for corruption to come to an end immediately.

9. - Top - End - #249

BarbarianGuy

Granted! A demon possesses your butt

I wish someone came up with a better answer than me
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

10. - Top - End - #250

Everyone has a better answer than you, but none of us will ever tell you what it is. You go mad from the need to know.

I wish for a real life eevee.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Granted! It bites you and gives you Pokemon Rabies.

I wish for all of the equipment needed to start a vaccination campaign.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

12. - Top - End - #252

BarbarianGuy

Granted! You receive all of the equipment you need. Now if only it worked.

I wish I didn't have to work so many hours at my job
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Granted! You now work only two hours per week, with a proportional pay cut.

I wish for better budget discipline.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Granted! We, uh, already made a whole other thread for it, actually! But from now on, just for you, I'll be granting wishes that are both corrupted AND low-budget. How does that sound?

I wish for a question to which the answer is yes.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

15. - Top - End - #255

Sure thing... *decapitates* Have you lost your head?

I wish for peace on earth and goodwill to all.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Granted. This wish begins with suffering, the grandmother of understanding. A plague of fantastical literary proportion reaps the earth: a modern Black Death on a global scale. Within a few generations, human life is reduced to a hundredth of its present number, and a hundredth again. But the Earth and its remnant of survivors live on under a great hush when the plague recedes and disappears. There is no longer crowding nor scarcity, the progenitors of ugliness; and so, in the shredded wake of decades of chaos and death, a new era of peace and good will blossoms like a spring lily.

I wish to find a box of gold coins in the attic.

17. - Top - End - #257

This here box of gold coins be the legendary cursed treasure of yer great great grandpappy Toeknibble the Pirate! Whosoever opens this box of cursed gold shall be haunted by the bloodthirsty spirits of everyone the dread Toeknibble and his cutthroat crew ever killed. They shall torment ye with horrors unfit for living eyes until the end of yer days unless ye manage to bring them the head of Toeknibble himself. Sadly he was lost at sea many years before ye were born.

I wish to free Kneenibble from this horrible curse.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

18. - Top - End - #258

It's transferred onto you. Is this what hell feels like?

I wish to break the curse.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

We distribute the curse among thousands of other victims via the coins, leaving each unlucky recipient haunted by a relatively manageable one ghost each. This prompts the ghost of Toenibble and his crew to rise up and try to reunite the treasure because dead pirates are weird like that. This in turn leads to a ghost war that's liable to last for centuries. The spirits of Kneenibble, Crisis21, SunderedWorldDM and Dr. Gunsforhands are all bound to the empty chest until the ghost war is brought to an end.

I wish for a party of adventurers to bring peace to the ghost world and allow the lot of us to pass on to the afterlife.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

The usual band of misfit glory-hunters with that veneer of virtue rise to the task adequately. Toenibble and his crew, having fomented the ghost war, seem like the villains in the story until the end, when the final confrontation shows them to be merely misunderstood. The gold is coagulated and decursed, which the adventurers conveniently get to keep; the ghosts are banished or given peace; and all the loose ends tie up neatly.

But we four. We four who shared this chest for countless years awaiting resolution and peace. We grew fond and familiar together, naked in spirit, unburdened by flesh and its lies. When adventurers found our shared box, did they know that the wailing -- distorted through the ether -- was in fact our song? That it was sweet as a melodious quartet to our own ears, in harmonies we took a decade to perfect? Did they know that we spent months at a time unburdening one another of regrets, of secrets, of sins, until we were light and joyful as feathers on a spring breeze together? But the friendship is over now, for we have each gone to our separate afterlives without enough warning to say a proper goodbye.

I wish that Toenibble the pirate appeared in my dreams to guide me on a fulfilling path in life.

21. - Top - End - #261

Toeknibble appears in yer dreams ta guide ye on tha most fulfilling path o' life he can comprehend. In less than a decade, tha high seas learn ta fear tha Dread Pirate Kneenibble an' his band of strapping muscular barely-clad young men. Tha entire crew is wanted dead or alive fer crimes too numerous to list.

I wish to capture this dastardly villain so he may be lawfully tried for his crimes.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

You succeed in capturing him and getting him tried for his crimes. Unfortunately for you, the villain has more connections than you do. He walks free, and you get tried for his crimes in his place.

I wish to have a new alienware laptop.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-01-08 at 01:40 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Granted! Unfortunately, the extraterrestrial hardware is incompatible with any Earth Human software you know of. Also it eats blood to power itself.

I wish for a new English keyboard with a number pad.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Granted. You get a keyboard that will pad any numbers you enter to some absurd value. Congratulations on being our 1,452,546,234,978,237,60qth customer!

I wish that the ninja that is stalking me would lose track of me completely and forever.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

25. - Top - End - #265

Granted. The evil conspiracy said ninja was protecting you from finds you before the day is over and you are never heard from again.

I wish for a million gold pieces.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

Granted! One million gold pieces are now rightfully yours and you can do whatever you want with them. However, in order to keep them safe from thieves we have placed them at the bottom of a sea in a different dimension, and the portal to this dimension only opens once every million years. The last time it opened was roughly 250,000 years ago. Anyway, have fun with your money!

I wish I had an army of super-intelligent aliens which obey me unquestioningly.
    Linklele made my awesome avatar! Thank you so much!

Finally back from a longer hiatus.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

For a long time your army of super-intelligent aliens works to further your ambitions, and your star rises high in the intergalactic arena of power and wealth buoyed by their loyal brilliance. The politics of this lofty arena are complex, and have worked hard to free themselves of amorality and corruption. The trouble is that, since the aliens are doing most of the work for you, you find yourself caught in an annihilating lifestyle of luxury drawn from the resources of countless planets and cultures without the check of extreme dedication and genius that would normally counterbalance it. You sink into refined intoxication and perversion, even with your aliens who will bend into any position you ask. Ultimately, disgrace casts you down back into the parochial obscurity of Earth where no pleasure can be found to match the godly indulgences you once enjoyed.

I wish for a scarf of sea silk dyed with Tyrian purple.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Granted, but there's this little spot in the corner that the dye just didn't quite cover, and it's too expensive to get redone.

I wish for an extra hour of daylight.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Granted! I don't want to disrupt anyone else's sleep, so I'll just shine the extra daylight directly into your eyes, ok?

I wish for improved eyesight.
    Ajax, Nexusites, Shun.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Not a problem. I'll just remove your eyes and replace them with cameras. Now you can zoom, have infrared vision and stuff like that.

I wish to know the names of all species of nudibranch by heart.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."