Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Break the Chains IC Thread (Hamlet of Tyre)

@ Everyone:

As you finish your long march southward, you come over a hill and gaze down at the landscape stretching out before you. It is sunny with a nice cooling breeze, a nice summer day. Before you, is a mostly flowing plain of grass, with a river running by in the distance. Glancing to the west, you see the plains continue on across the river; glancing to the east, you see hills and beyond those, the tops of mountains. Looking along the road you are on with your eyes, you follow it to where you see a small number of buildings surrounded by a sea of tents. Seated on an outcropping of rock that reaches partially over the river and above the buildings is a ruined tower with a damaged stone wall around it with a entryway with steps leading down towards the buildings. There is no activity at the ruins that you can see.

Getting closer to the buildings, you note that one appears to a large structure with two much smaller buildings near it. The large structure has a sign depicting a golden lion with a tankard of ale in its paws. The other two buildings are unmarked with large doors. All the buildings are made of wood. There is very little activity beyond groups of beings walking along the roads to the tents that lie outside the circle of buildings.

A short stout tower in the center of the circle of buildings has a large placard leaning against; above a crudely made sign says "Wekom to Tyre". It is the Hamlet of Tyre...
    Last edited by russdm; 2020-03-22 at 12:33 AM.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Wookiee. 2 E's. [I am obsessed with this]
    My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Break the Chains IC Thread (Hamlet of Tyre)

Instinct is a thing. At the forefront of the group, Akk immediately drops into a crouch to minimize his silhouette against the sky when they crest the hill, one hand resting flat against the earth to steady himself as he scans the ruins ahead of them. He pants a little from the hard march, even his endurance tested by the distance and speed to reach here.

Managing a deep gulp of water he stands with a faint growl as they continue onwards, padding down the slope of the hill with a low grumbling. The breeze in his fur helps, at least.

Mostly bare save for a leather kilt and a wolf skin cloak clasped around his neck, the Gnoll has a strap across his chest that holds a quiver of four javelins and a vicious glaive, jostling for space next to a pack containing his supplies. A handaxe hangs on each hip to round out his weapons and items to hand. To showcase his past experiences, numerous scars of varying degree criss cross his skin, and a deep gash under his left eye reveals how close he came to losing it.
    Last edited by Retias; 2020-03-22 at 07:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Auyrn leans on his staff, using it for support as he rests briefly. He looks around for his squad mates, his watchful eyes moving left and right as he seeks them out. Once everyone has been accounted for, he allows his gaze to drift briefly east, following the horizon up to the mountains.

He allows himself just a moment of wistfulness, looking at the clean snow on the peaks, before snapping himself back to the reality of his situation. He checks that his scimitar is loose in its scabbard, and that his shield will easily move from where he stowed it.

Straightening up, he waits for orders.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Seeing Akk go into stalk mode, and having been in this situation before, Therhime reacts quickly to keep him in line. 'Steady there, soldier!' he barks out the orders with practiced familiarity. He didn't know what was going on in this settlement, however he knew most of the men in the Gold Eagles, and how destructive they could be given the chance. No point risking the squad's reputation on what looked like yet another backwater town. If they were well behaved, they might be allowed to spend their off-duty hours relaxing in the tavern. A nice big flagon of ale would go down well after a long day's march.
    Last edited by Baldiman; 2020-03-22 at 09:37 AM.
    http://baldiman.mybrute.com

Peeeuuw - either you bathed in a sewage dam or you got too close to a Plaguebearer. Wait - you are a Plaguebearer! (cue hideous gurgles and wheezes)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

His gaze snaps back to Therhime at the barked command, eyes narrowing slightly with a flicker of a snarl as his upper lip pulls back slightly. Nevertheless he obeys the order as he always has thus far, stepping back and into position with the rest, still scanning the ruins ahead as he settles into pose near the front of the squad.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Erk was no stranger to a hard march and a harder day's work, but even this one had been taxing. She cast a quiet glare at her new 'masters', but they were as unflappable as always, so she turned to look at the hamlet before them. Not so different from her hometown. A bit smaller, perhaps, and with new faces, but the feeling was the same. Maybe they'd surrendered as hers had, choosing lives over ideals.

Her gaze drifted from the town itself to the tent city that had sprung up and she involuntarily took a step forward. "Dad." The thought came unbidden but burned hot. It took a moment for it to fizzle out. When she spoke it was a voice empty of emotion. She clamped down on her feelings. All of them.
    "What now?"
    Elen Verin avatar by Squark.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Szerachis

It really is a sad commentary on his luck that being force conscripted and marched into an invasion is an improvement. For the provincial new-blood of the Eagles, that low bar was hit when the empire didn't break his legs or starve him for the journey. Some of the rest of the group may have heard the proceedings or seen the results. The missing claw-finger can still be felt like a ghost. To add insult, the name "Scar" seems to have taken with the others that don't speak Draconic. He has withdrawn mostly into his own world to try and figure out what, if anything, he can do. By Tyr, the empire needs to be purged from these lands.

Still not sure who it's safe to talk to without... more... attention from the slavedrivers, Szerachis merely shrugs at Erk's question.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

Ask blogs: Screwball and Derpy | Gummy

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

The long, forced march seems to have affected most. Not so for Rat; she actually wishes she'd been sent to scout ahead instead of slow her pace to match everyone else's. As much as she hates being a slave, at least she has a chance of a happy life if she earns enough.

The bright sunlight is a pain in Rat's red eyes, even with her cloak's hood drawn up. At least her position near the front affords her freedom from the smell behind her. The southerly wind helps too, both pushing the smells behind her, ruffling her gray fur and black and white hair and billowing her ragged clothes, cooling her off. It wasn't as hot as the Endless Wastes, but it was still hot enough.

"Steady there, soldier," Rat hears Therhime bark. "Guard formation."

Rat checks her gear to make sure her light crossbow and twin daggers are at the ready as she slowly proceeds forward down the hill.
    Incarnum: VoP's best (and possibly only) friend.
    Spoiler: Quotes and Fun Links
    Show
    Spoiler: Quotes:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Actually I got it from you, I just love how many applications it has. It can be oh so broken.

Formerly Lestroisrois. Shorten my new name however you wish; I've seen plenty.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

What now indeed. Therhime scanned the settlement for telltale signs, particularly whether the Imperial banner flew above it. If so, good and well. If not ... In any case, he patiently awaits orders from their Sergeant. As he continues marching along the road, he checks his equipment out of long habit. A long, curved sword with a eagle-head pommel is sheathed in a gilded leather scabbard (a gift from his father upon achieving the rank of Corporal) hanging from a baldric stretching across his broad, mail-clad chest. An iron-headed spiked mace hangs from its hook on a broad leather belt, along with a fur-capped quiver and short re-curved bow in its painted wood case. An oval shield with a motif of paired thunderbolts is slung over his shoulder, partly covering a time-worn backpack. A skirt of studded leather completes his outfit, that of a jannisary in Imperial service.

Peeeuuw - either you bathed in a sewage dam or you got too close to a Plaguebearer. Wait - you are a Plaguebearer! (cue hideous gurgles and wheezes)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

Myev mutters some swears under her breath. Right, she says to her squad, we know what our job is. Let's not delay.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I, JNAP, am actually not at all sure what our job is. DM, what we doing?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Empire's banner hangs from the small stout tower in the circle of buildings. A pair of red eagles facing each other on a field of black, talons up and clutching scrolls in one and a human/humanoid's skull in the other.

An elf dressed in White Armor with Golden pauldrons strides past you flanked by other officers, and then stops and strides back in your direction before stopping to stare at you. The White Armor Elf says something to one of the others, who cowers, and says something. The exchange cannot be heard by you. The White Armor Elf steps forward slightly, and then proceeds to address you.

"I am General Falthess Irongrey. You are the new members of 1st Iron Legion, I am told. You certainly look new. I look forward to reading reports of your capabilities. If there are any. Captain Greatleaf, perhaps our new arrivals could be given that set of tasks, then they go about doing some real work." The General walks off, leaving behind three officers.

One dressed in armor with more decorations than the others speaks to you. "I am Captain Greatleaf, you will be reporting to me. Sergeants, have your squads get their stowed at your assigned tents, and then report back here, for orders. Sergeant Myev, you have been assigned spot 23 while Sergeant Sentalial take your squad to spot 24. You lot will be sleeping next to each other. You will find both in the sea of tents out there (Motioning to the field of tents)." The Captain scowls at something.

The tents are assembled in spots with squads working. Both spots are easy to find, being part of a diamond. Among the tents is a mess hall tent for all of the squads assigned to the camping area in the center of the diamond. There is a tent with a bedroll for each squad member in each spot and the other two spots have no tents or bedrolls. Strewn about all of the spots are piles of junk, and looking on with some dismay as you arrive, is a small half-elf woman. Her red hair is tied up and her expression is quite full of fear as you approach. She is about 5'7", and she wears plain clothes of grey. She has blueish eyes and somewhat tanned skin of what you can see.

The half-elf woman stammers out a greeting, "AMs Cady, amyou cook. lastsqu ad dumped stuff allover thspac. Haven't a chans to clen any." Cady blurts out in broken words. Cady turns slightly, as if expecting a beating of some kind. Cady also seems to have some broken teeth and talks somewhat with a lisp and some difficulty.

Captain Greatleaf waits at the small stout tower for the sergeants to return.
    Last edited by russdm; 2020-03-22 at 05:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Auryn looks at the half-elf, compassion flashing briefly across his face in place of the typically blank expression he habitually keeps in place.

"Don't worry about it. In fact, if the boss over there doesn't need us for a few moments, I'm sure a couple of us can give you a hand getting this stuff put away."

His eyes flash around watchfully, looking for elves. "No promises, but if we can, we'll try."

Auryn throws his backpack and staff into one of the tents, followed swiftly by his shield. He stretches for a moment, luxuriating in the freedom from the weight, and then seeks out Myev.

"Sir, what's the plan? Have we got some down time?"
    Last edited by Jaryn; 2020-03-22 at 05:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Falmar squints at Cady. She's been abused, but my showing her care might only make her more of a target, he thinks. "Very good. See that it's cleaned going forward," Falmar says, and turns away to check his squad. He grunts, jerks his head toward the tents to indicate they should pick one, and tosses his pack (mostly empty) under one tent and turns, hand resting gently on his sword hilt. This is the place that the Empire intends to turn into a major base? Good luck.
    Last edited by Appleciders; 2020-03-22 at 06:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Szerachis

Szerachis puts down his pack in one of the tents assigned to the group. He keeps his sword with him though, and doesn't take the time to reflect why he chose to. When the former acolyte of Helm sees Cady flinch, a part of his mind goes back to his earlier life. He kneels down so not to appear so large and states, with a deep, calm voice, "We're not going to hurt you, and nobody else is."

Given time, he'll help the woman clean up the camp.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #15

The curvy half-elf Maecilia looked about fit to drop when they finally stopped marching.

The young scholar's robes were still kept in prestigious condition, the cheery blue-and-gold sticking out amid the drab mud and dust. Her blonde ponytail hung to the small of her back, resting on top of the small backpack she had strapped on. Her only visible weapon was a small dagger, an elegant little thing with a floral engraving on the handle, but on one of her hands was a delicate-looking tracery of shiny metal links holding slivers of crystal in the pattern of a orchid. All in all, she looked quite unsuited for war, and her rounded features were cast into a gloomy, tired expression.

As the beaten woman came over, her expression of glum exhaustion morphed into distress.
    "Ah, you unfortunate creature..." she said quietly.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

16. - Top - End - #16

To Auryn, Myev says It looks like it. I expect you all to be ready if we're needed, she says sternly, but at the same time, try to relax a little, she finishes softer. Make yourselves at home. This is it, for the moment.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Cady gets to scrounging through the piles of junk, separating out bits of pieces of useless material. One pile though, she places ruined bits of crystal and metal bits, and bits of glass. She paws through the junk and deposits what few useful items through may be:

a dagger; a set of thieves tools; 22 silver pieces; 168 copper pieces; 12 gold pieces; a belt pouch; a backpack

Cady then sits down and waits, for what you don't know.

After several long minutes of waiting, another half-elf woman approaches the camp area, pulling a cart while another half-elf helps her. The first half-elf woman has black hair, and strongly resembles Cady but without any damaged teeth. The other half-elf woman has blonde hair, strongly resembles Cady without any damaged teeth, and looks bulky/musclier. She also carries a small club, and some tools like shovels and picks. Both women regard you suspiciously. The blonde haired half-elf woman puts down the other tools she is carrying, and holds one of the shovels ready to strike if need be.

Cady gets up and motions to you. "Our Newmas ters; they have been given the camp." Cady struggles out. The black haired half-elf woman nods, while the blonde haired half-elf woman puts the shovel down. She and the blonde haired half-elf woman pull the cart until it is outside of the mess hall tent before they set it down.

The black haired half-elf woman speaks. "I am Athya and the other is Kyra, you seem to already know Cady. We all share an Elven Father between us. A bard of middling talent and of much greater skill with the natural world. Also, a troublemaker of sorts, a Harper. Our Father died on some Harper mission, doing something heroic and deluded.

We have brought the material that you supposed to have had before Stronk and his thugs ripped them up. Food supplies such as grain, herbs & spices, fruits & vegetables, eggs & smoked meats, smoked fish. So you can have food when you go off on missions. We also have parts for you to make your own Soul Amulets.

You will want a Soul Amulet of your own. A white round stone goes into a glass holder that you wear around your neck that can shine some light at night times. That way, when the Undead sweep through, they won't carry you off with them.
    " Athya concludes.

Athya glances over you, then speaks again. "You look quite friendlier then Stronk and his thugs, less prone to senseless violence; a need to prove your strength." Athya comments. Kyra empties the cart's contents into the mess tent, while Athya places a pair of boxes out, one with the white round stones, the other with amulets made to hold the stones.

You notice that all three women have the amulets around their necks.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

It had been a long march, but now they're here in Tyre. Sentalial didn't think he would've ended up here, yet alone be made a Sergeant in one of the slave armies of Shar'Dalas. On the one hand, Sentalial dreaded the idea of having to lead soldiers to do more harm and suffering unto more innocent people. He doesn't even know very well how to fight.

But on the other hand... these were people who were made slaves like he was. Sentalial knows that he's going to need to be there to help the soldiers in the slave army get through this.

As Sentalial led his squad to spot 24, he noticed a small gathering at a certain tent. He went to where the small crowd was and quietly witnessed from the back of the crowd what had transpired.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Akk

Akk had stayed at the back throughout the meeting with the General, trying to stay as unnoticed as possible. Which, given his height, build and general appearance, was a challenge. But he'd learned early on that drawing attention was rarely a good thing. He'd been bought along for his savagery in a fight, not for anything else.

He mostly held his silence throughout the meeting with Cady, though red eyes did consider her missing teeth. A glance at the wilting Maecilia and he held a waterskin up in front of her face, giving a faint huff and pointing at one of the bedrolls in the nearby tents. That overly friendly interaction done he padded forward, joining Scar in cleaning up some of the scattered mess. "We cannot promise that." He rumbled quietly to the Dragonborn as they worked. "You can't protect her when we're gone."

He listened to Athya and Kyra talk without apparent reaction when they arrived, save for a glance at the amulets they both wore. When they finished, he spoke up. "Stronk hurt your sister?"
    Last edited by Retias; 2020-03-23 at 03:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, what was that about the undead?" Erk had fought some before, back when her town had played unwilling host to a necromancer with a fondness for young women, but this sounded...larger, somehow. Would they be coming through the camp? Why hadn't they be wiped out if they were a danger? "Can they be used?" A malignant, almost gleeful, voice whispered in the back of her mind. Ignoring it, she reached into the box and tugged out one of the stones and held it up to the light. Hopefully it didn't get in the way of the gem she had forced on her already.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

It was as Therhime had thought - yet another Imperial army camp.

'Right Eagles, you heard the sergeant.' he spoke in a measured tone, not a shout but still in an assertive manner. 'Maintain combat readiness for now. Stow the rest of your gear and get a soul amulet. Get this place sorted, our tent is to be clean and ready for inspection pronto. Then stand by for further orders.'

Having been in several of them over the years, he didn't take long to settle in. Finding a spot as near as possible to the entrance to the tent, he neatly stowed his pack but kept his weapons for now. Having seen no real fortifications beyond the broken tower wall, he wanted to be ready at short notice.
    Heeding the advice of the camp attendants, (nearly always a good idea, in his experience) he looked through the soul amulets and selected one that looked serviceable.

Then he looked at the pile of other items. Currency was always useful, as for the rest you never knew what might be needed on a mission. If they didn't dissappear first. Time to do some more corporal stuff before it maybe was too late. 'Permission to speak, Sergeant?' he asked Myev.

22. - Top - End - #22

Granted, Myev says calmly.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Thermine calmly spoke If I may suggest, we should secure the extra equipment as soon as possible for future use. We may know our squad-mates, the rest of the army is a different matter. You saw what the last squad did.
    This Stronk sounded like a foul-tempered idiot. Mentally filing away the information, he set about doing his part to get the tent organised and ready for action.

24. - Top - End - #24

Chimera

The dish-shaped ears on Rat's head turn at the mention of the extra equipment by Thermine. Without a word, she walks over to the various piles and begins sorting them, putting items of value and of use into the new backpack so that everything can be accessed quickly and easily as needed.
    Incarnum: VoP's best (and possibly only) friend.
    Spoiler: Quotes and Fun Links
    Show
    Spoiler: Quotes:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Actually I got it from you, I just love how many applications it has. It can be oh so broken.

Formerly Lestroisrois. Shorten my new name however you wish; I've seen plenty.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

In response to the corporal's command, Auryn walks to his tent and picks back up his shield and staff, returning them to their customary place.

"What's all this about making amulets to protect ourselves?" He glances at the two women. "How do we go about that then?"

He notices Rat sorting through the various piles and smiles to himself. It looks like Cady will get help after all.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Falmar steps up beside Auryn to listen. "Undead? Are they common around here? Do you know why, or how these amulets protect you?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Szerachis

"You do everything you can now," Szerachis responds to Akk, "So that the future starts from a better place." The dragonborn takes a moment to consider who among the group actually helped instead of looking the other way. At least there's some good they chained him to.

The explanation about what happened, however, snaps his mind straight back into it's previous mood. Strongmen, undead, and who knows what else. He should have been there. HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. Calm down, hold your tongue or they'll take it. Mustering about how much he could continue to fake it, Szerachis acquires one of those amulets they claim will act as a candle.

He goes over to the personal tents to just sort of stew in his negative thoughts. What's going to happen to the north, what they did to the Helmites, if he's ever going to see kin and clan again.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Athya snarls in response. "Stronk takes certain liberties and freedoms because no matter how stupid he is personally, he and his thugs are very good at what they do. The General likes them for that, and allows those liberties and freedoms. Aside from Vakus, Stronk is the General's favorite since Stronk has brought much success for the General.

Of course, the General is going to hate you since you were transferred in by orders of one of the Archmages, an order that the General cannot challenge. So, he has to tolerate you and can't personally move against you, but allowing someone like Stronk, as a result of personal difficulties, does something about you, then the General is able to keep his hands clean, and the matter is merely of one group of slaves having a problem with another group of slaves. The General doesn't want to anger the Archmage after all.

The Undead are the result of a feud between two twin brother over the same woman who lead their followers to death. They both ended up wanting to have her, and cared nothing for the lives they ruined in the process. The woman discovered the conflict and invited both to attend on her in the tower up on the hill. There, she demanded that they sever their ties and friendship with her, leaving her alone, for she had come to despise them both. Naturally, they reacted about as you would expect, promptly blamed each other for the woman's ire against them. They fought all along the tower, its steps and onto its walls, until the woman came out on the top and cast herself down onto the steps, after cursing them both. She died, and the twins ran each other through.

Both died, and the handful of followers they had left gathered their fellows and leader and buried them. The woman's remains were left undisturbed until a group of haughty and foolish band of adventurers arrived. The group disturbed the remains, causing the twin brother to raise from the dead as undead monsters, death knights. They slaughtered everyone that come to settle the area, since it is a nice place after all. One visitor to the town, a priest of one of the gods, took the woman's remains into the tower to bury them with proper rites.

A priest who visited later figured out how to make the Soul amulets, after witnessing some of his companions carried off by the undead, becoming one of them. He managed to create only two, saving himself and one companion, who was an elven priestess. This priestess decided to build a shrine and sought a way to put the undead to rest. She failed but started a family here. One of those family members later became our father. Our father also sought to find a way to put an end to the undead. Naturally, he was as successful at that as he was at being a bard. He was quite skilled with nature, and created a nice location with material useful for a druid but he never mentioned where that was.

The Undead are lead by their leader, one of the twins. They fight everything not protected until they reach the tower and the events play out, but missing the woman. Then, the undead slowly ramble back to their resting places, sometimes taking away the unlucky. Most of the Village's inhabitants disappeared that way, until all that is left is three buildings. The other buildings burnt down when some storms occur or some fire, there was no one to put them out.

According to the stories, you merely commune (OOC: Attune) yourself with the stone and amulet that you have chosen. The Empire has produced enough for or found enough for all of its soldiers here. The undead will show up during the night.
    " Athya finishes.

Kyra goes into the mess hall and starts working from the sounds. It also sounds that Cady is also working. Athya glances at or into the mess tent, and then back to the groups.

"So, which Captain do you serve? Hornbuck? Troutleaf? Greywind? Fraskand?" Athya inquires.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Akk

Ears flick as he registers Szerachis' words and regards the Dragonborn. After a moment he nods, though his expression gives little away of his own conclusion from the man's words.

At the order he pads over to pick out an amulet for himself, finally finding one he can loop over his thick neck, before he moves over to help Rat and the others sort out the tent.

The story of Stronk and then the undead is listened to with pricked ears. He doesn't offer his own thoughts, but he's listening.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Erk finished the construction of her soul amulet with only a little trouble. She wasn't an expert, but she held her own at handiwork. She struggled to call it pretty though - utilitarian, as expected of a military. "Greatleaf." She replied noncommittally. Erk was already seeing a plan bubble up in her mind. The General, captains, this 'Stonk' person. Get rid of their amulets somehow and she wouldn't even need to fight, the undead would do it for them. Her eyes drifted to the mess tent. Put something in their food maybe? One thing at a time though.
    "If I wanted to track down another..." The word stuck in her throat.
    "Slave." The voice whispered, barely containing its glee.
    "If I wanted to find another captive in the camp, is there anyone who could help?"