New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

Lehasti inclines her head in response to the newcomer's apology. "If your path joins ours, it is a troubled road indeed, for we too seek knowledge of the Sky Pharoah- to ensure that no dark power rises to assume his mantle and continue his legacy. My young friend is quite right, however; one poor soul was here interred for the crime of merely seeking that knowledge himself. But wait-" the paladin pauses, brows furrowed in thought. "You knew of others with knowledge of this place, and yet you hoped to find us instead? Who are these others who seek this hidden knowledge? I would be eager to know of more allies in our cause... but I fear that is not what you mean."
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    ”I seek the records of the Sky Pharaoh.“
    Vershab nods before turning his back to the newcomer, returning his attention to the sarcophagus so that he can point out what they have learned from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "That's all it took to kill this fellow we were about to talk with and about the only reason to come down here, I figure,"
    The arcanist nods silently as he listens to Turi's response.

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    "You knew of others with knowledge of this place, and yet you hoped to find us instead? Who are these others who seek this hidden knowledge? I would be eager to know of more allies in our cause... but I fear that is not what you mean."
    Turning to the newcomer again, Vershab says, "Yes, it would be excellent to know who our enemies actually are so that unexpected allies do not receive greetings such as what we offered to you. That said, our paranoia is only likely to increase given the implicit threats found here..." He directs Natala to look at the Ancient Osiriani heiroglpyhs detailing the fate of others who have investigated the Sky Pharoah. "I, for one, would certainly like to avoid experiencing a similar fate as we work to prevent any others from attempting to use his powers for evil.

Speaking of which, Lehasti - I saw your focus as you looked at Natala a moment ago. Did your divine powers detect evil that should concern us? And Natala - why should we trust you to be what you say you are? Some of those who should be our allies clearly aren't. What makes you different?
    "

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala al Akmet, Warsighted Oracle

Natala pauses at Lehasti’s question, thinking back to her discussion earlier. Remembering her promise, Natala says slowly, ”When I heard talking, I hoped it was you because I at least knew of you by reputation. The other person I heard was inquiring about this place was a scholar from Sothis by the name of Semet. I have no idea if she gained access.“

At the scholar’s direct question, she shrugged slightly. ”How do I convince you of my intentions? I didn’t attack, even with the advantage of surprise. I didn’t attack, even when threatened with death for the crime of being here. I didn’t attack, even when my will was assaulted. I shared information of my investigation, without demanding something in return. I can only promise you I will protect this land from whatever dark scourges threaten it.

Now in your studies, did you find anything about Azghaad’s Spire?”

OOC -Continuing the convo ...
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    AC 21 HP 57 Init +8 Move 30
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Weapon: MW longspear (+8, 1d8+3), Ancestral Weapon (+1 magic weapon of choice from pantheon)
    Spells: (Unl) guidance, detect magic, create water, read magic, detect poison, stabilize, mending, ghost sound, mage hand / (8/8) cure light wounds, unseen servant, ray of sickening, divine favor, remove fear, bless, protection vs evil / (7/7) cure moderate wounds, levitate, minor image, spiritual weapon, burst of radiance, lesser restoration, spear of purity / (5/5) cure serious wounds, heroism, searing light, summon monster 3
    Martial flexibility: 6/6; AW: 7/7: Spirit shield: 6/7; Blessings: 2/2
    Key skills: Diplomacy +12; KS History/Religion +9; Sense Motive +8; Spellcraft +8; Heal +5; Linguistics +5; KS All others +4; Craft Weapons +6
    Effect: Spirit Shield (+6 armor; 1 hr)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #334

NecromancerGuy

”The other person I heard was inquiring about this place was a scholar from Sothis by the name of Semet. I have no idea if she gained access.“
    Vershab closes his eyes and is still for several breaths as he tries to remember if the party has encountered such a person. Shaking his head slowly he opens them again before responding to Natala's next question...

”How do I convince you of my intentions?"
    "What? I didn't ask you to confirm your intentions - I asked Lehasti to do that. But since you asked, it does help that we are no longer threatening each other. You will have to excuse me if I am a bit cautious when discussing sacrosanct topics likely to result in live-mummification with someone we just met. Self-preservation is a powerful motivator after all..."

”Now in your studies, did you find anything about Azghaad’s Spire?”
    "Yes, we did. As it stands now, it seems that we must travel there next if we are to prevent the Sky Pharoah - or a cult dedicated to him and his power - from resurfacing and causing even more damage than the undead plague in Wati earlier this year. That plague was caused by an artifact we...secured...but it is not the only relic of the Sky Pharoah that could do great harm. We must prevent the misuse of any other such remnants of his legacy, so that is where we expect to go next.

Now - who wants to help me open this sarcophagus so we can speak with this dead man about his knowledge of the Sky Pharoah?
    "

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lehasti raises the corner of one lip and eyebrow in a wry smile at Vershab's question. "You will not have to ask, friend Vershab, if Sarenrae reveals to my sight the evil intent in the heart of a potential foe. And indeed, her actions join her words in speaking to a peaceful intent."

The paladin returns her gaze to the newcomer. "Speaking of intentions- this may not be the place or time for an extended discussion, but if you wish to join us in this quest, we will need to know what concerns, aside from a general concern for Wati, brought you to the secret knowledge of the Sky Pharoah and his relics. It has been the work of many days, at great cost, for us to uncover what we know, and you must forgive my surprise at the appearance of one who is not a foul cultist or necromancer along our way." The paladin's expression is stern, but not hostile toward the woman. "The lives of my companions are in my keeping, and it will take more than the simple lack of evil to convince me of the sincerity of your claims."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "Now - who wants to help me open this sarcophagus so we can speak with this dead man about his knowledge of the Sky Pharoah?"
    Rolling her shoulders in a stretching motion, the paladin nods her assent to the wiry arcanist and waves the brothers toward the secret room. "You don't strike me as one too well-acquainted with hard labor, friend," calls the paladin over her shoulder, "but if appearances deceive me, you're welcome to join us for now. Many hands make light- or at least lighter work." Without waiting for an answer, the paladin leads her companions back into the dark and dusty sepulcher.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala stares at Vershab, noting he seemed to focus on precise language versus implied meaning. However, when Lehasti asks a similar question to divine proof of why they should trust her, she shakes her head in frustration.

”If you seek solid proof, my answer won’t satisfy you. My purpose is entirely the welfare of Osirion, but I only came by this knowledge through the gods. I am a seeress of the Ancient Ones, and often vessel to their will - sometimes tool, sometimes weapon. They whispered to me of dark tidings ... a great shadow coming to blot out the sun. I dreamed of voices, mortal voices speaking in the modern tongue, and they spoke of Sorhis and whispered the Sky Pharaoh. I travelled to Sothis, meditating and praying for guidance each night of my journey. I recognized this as the beginnings of a prophecy of doom, doom to the people - my people, and all of Osirion.

In my research, I learned of a priestess named Serethet’s discovery at the Spire. Needing to know more of this Sky Pharaoh, my path brought me to here to Tephu.“

At the call for labor and Lehasti’s presumption, Natala frowns. Glancing down at her finery, she shakes her head and the gown disappears from beneath the swirling spirits. She wears a simple tunic and leggings that have seen a life in the desert. While graceful and elegant, she is well built and hale.

Smiling, she moved to help the group. ”Don’t worry - I’m tougher than I look ...

OOC - does that help?
    Show
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Weapon: MW longspear (+8, 1d8+3), Ancestral Weapon (+1 magic weapon of choice from pantheon)
    Spells: (Unl) guidance, detect magic, create water, read magic, detect poison, stabilize, mending, ghost sound, mage hand / (8/8) cure light wounds, unseen servant, ray of sickening, divine favor, remove fear, bless, protection vs evil / (7/7) cure moderate wounds, levitate, minor image, spiritual weapon, burst of radiance, lesser restoration, spear of purity / (5/5) cure serious wounds, heroism, searing light, summon monster 3
    Key skills: Diplomacy +12; KS History/Religion +9; Sense Motive +8; Spellcraft +8; Heal +5; Linguistics +5; KS All others +4; Craft Weapons +6
    Last edited by Starbin; 2019-11-23 at 10:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

His concerns allayed somewhat, for the moment, Turi puts the potential risk of Natala's presence behind him, both metaphorically as physically, as he turns to the task of opening a sarcophagus that a powerful someone distinctly appears to want unopened. He spends several long seconds poring over the seam and latches, seeking for any sign of trap or device that either puts them at risk or could be used to open it. He whistles quietly, a wordless tune, as his hands work over the crevices and oddly blank face.

Spoiler: Skills
    Show
    Perception, ideally, taking 20 for a 32. If pressed for time for some reason, (1d20+12)[28]
    Hopefully not necessary, disable device: (1d20+8)[22]
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

OOC - does that help?
    If I read my brothers right, I expect that the characters will all begrudgingly accept Natala's companionship. There's no alternative to time and experience to build a relationship, and at current there has been little of either. Fondness will come, but it will come slowly.

8. - Top - End - #338

Looking closely, Turi takes his time to make sure there is no hidden mechanism over the sarcophagus, and doesn't find any. Vershab's magic detection registers nothing. It appears the only way to pry the ancient coffin open is brute force with sharp tools.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Turi steps back, brushing his hands off on each other and his loose flowing breeches. "Looks clean to me. Also looks heavy. Don't know how easy it'll be to put the thing back when you're done, might take a little breaking to get with the entering." He looks expectantly to the paladin, and takes a few more steps back to give her plenty of room to... work.

10. - Top - End - #340

It takes a good half-hour for the combined efforts of Lehasti, Natala, Turi and Azkin to finally break the well-cemented stone apart, and push the lid to the side. The companions immediately notice that the sarcophagus contains not one, but two bodies wrapped in ages-old bandages - and one of them stands up, without a sound. Its glowing red eyes scan the room, and it attacks!

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative

Lehasti (1d20+1)[19]
    Turi (1d20+5)[17]
    Vershab (1d20+12)[30]
    Natala (1d20+8)[19]
    Azkin (1d20+2)[22]
    Monster (1d20)[8]

Round 1 begins. Everybody in the group rolled better than the enemy, so you can all post, in any order.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-23 at 11:35 AM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Turi's general distrust proves reasonable, as the sarcophagus contents inevitably prove both not as dead as might be desirable and hostile. The urchin lunges forward, blades at the ready, looking for an opportunity to pin the mummy-ish thing between himself and Lehasti.

Spoiler: Turi, round 1
    Show
    Spoiler: stats
    Show
    Turi
    Male N Human Fighter 1 / URogue 6 (Knife master), Level 7, Init +5, HP 73/73, Speed 30
    AC 22, Touch 16, Flat-footed 17, CMD 21, Fort 8, Ref 11, Will 6, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +1 Kukri x2 +12 or +10/+10 (1d4+6, 18-20, x2)
    Cold iron dagger +10 (1d4, 19-20, x2)
    Silver dagger +10 (1d4-1, 19-20, x2)
    Trip attempt +16 (assuming +1 kukri)
    Mistmail (mist form- 20% concealment), Amulet of natural armor, Ring of protection (+5 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Nat, +1 Def)
    Abilities Str 11, Dex 20, Con 15, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition +1 dmg when flanking
    +1 AC (23) vs attack with light blades
    sneak stab: 3d8/3d4
    Endurance, die hard // Resiliency: 1/1
    Vanish: 2/2 (CL 6)
    -2 skill checks after failure
    ignore first 5' of difficult terrain
    poisons, potions
    Escape artist R's edge

The room isn't very big, so it seems plausible to be within a 5-foot step of flanking? If not, reduce damage by 1 per attack, to-hit by 2, and disregard sneak attack effects.
    (1d20+12)[25] (counting flanking)
    (1d20+12)[15] CC (30+, x2)
    (1d4+7)[8] dmg
    (1d4+7)[8] crit bonus
    (3d8)[12] sneak stab

(1d20+12)[20] (counting flanking)
    (1d20+12)[19] CC (30+, x2)
    (1d4+7)[10] dmg
    (1d4+7)[10] crit bonus
    (3d8)[15] sneak stab

If sneak stab hits, disorient the target with debilitating strike, lowering attack rolls by 2, with an additional penalty of 2 vs Turi.

12. - Top - End - #342

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 1, Vershab's Status
    Show
    [URL =http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=129623]Vershab Fethi[/URL]
    Male True Neutral Human Blood Arcanist, Level 7, Init 12, HP 51/51, DR 5/- (vs. Nonlethal), Speed 30 ft.
    AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Mage Armor (Extended, 14 Hours)
    Abilities Str 9, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 21, Wis 10, Cha 14
    Condition 4/9 Arcane Reservoir Available
    0/5 Grave Touch Used

"A mummy! Not too surprising, but a legitimate threat - try not to let it touch you and steel yourself against its fearsome presence!" Vershab says as he steps back from the melee. "I will summon an extraplanar ally to further bolster our numbers..."

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics
    Show
    Knowledge (Religion) (1d20+18)[36] to confirm the enemy is a mummy and identify any additional characteristics
    5-ft step out of melee, preferably behind a melee combatant.
    Begin casting Summon Monster III
    Will save vs the mummy's Aura of Despair is at +2 from my campaign trait, for a Will save at +8, if it applies.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lehasti gasps in surprise at the creature's appearance, but in the next heartbeat, the paladin reaches up across her shoulder to the grip of her waiting weapon. As she brings the curved blade to bear, she pronounces judgment on the abomination: "Be cleansed by the flames of the Everlight!"

Angling for an opening behind his mistress (and an opportunity to flank with his brother, Azkin jabs his spear toward the mummy!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    I'd like Lehasti to provide cover for Vershab, Azkin and possibly Natala, while providing flanking for Turi if possible. The cover for Vershab is the higher priority for Lehasti, however.

Azkin will remain far enough that he can attack with his reach weapon while being out of range for a 5ft step + attack combo from the mummy.

Lehasti activates Smite Evil and (power) attacks. Rolls assume Smite, but no flanking.

Attack: (1d20+15)[28]
    CC: (1d20+15)[20] for x2 on 33+
    Damage: (2d4+14)[20] slashing plus 14 from smite plus (1d6)[1] fire
    Crit damage: (2d4+14)[21] slashing plus 14 from smite

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+15)[27]
    CC: (1d20+15)[32] for x2 on 33+
    Damage: (2d4+14)[17] slashing plus 7 from smite (or 14 if first hit) plus (1d6)[5] fire
    Crit damage: (2d4+14)[21] slashing plus 7 from smite (or [B]14 if first hit)

Azkin's attack:
    Attack: (1d20+5)[15]
    CC: (1d20+5)[16] for x3 on 25
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8] piercing
    Crit damage: (2d8+4)[15] piercing

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[11]
    CC: (1d20+5)[16] for x3 on 25
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5] piercing
    Crit damage: (2d8+4)[9] piercing

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Spoiler: Lehasti
    Show
    Lehasti Gesmeha
    F LG Human Paladin, Level 7, Init 1, HP 85/85, Speed 20
    AC 21, Touch 13, Flat-footed 20, CMD 25, Fort 13, Ref 8, Will 9, CMB +12, Base Attack Bonus 7
    +1/Flaming/Flaming Burst, Continual Flame Flaming Puzzle Falchion +1 +14 (2d4+7, 18-20, x2)
    Flail, Heavy +11 (1d10+6, 19-20, x2)
    Spiked Gauntlet +11 (1d4+4, )
    Breastplate +1 (+7 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 7, Cha 16
    Condition Falchion is Flaming (1d6 fire damage) today.
    Protection from Evil: +2 Deflection, Saves, prevents summoned contact, 44 rds
    Spoiler: Azkin
    Show
    Azkin
    M NG Human Cleric, Level 5, Init 2, HP 35/49, Speed 30
    AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 9, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Longspear 5 (1d8+2, x3)
    Dagger +1 6 (1d4+3, 19-20, x2)
    Scimitar 5 (1d6+2, 18-20, x2)
    Chain Shirt (+4 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 19, Cha 10
    Condition None

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala immediately steps back and draws her spear as the bandaged monstrosity loomed in front of them. With her spear in one hand, Natala calls to her patrons and summons a shining beam of light. The beam speeds toward the mummy, the pure brilliance superheating the air as it goes.

”Return to the grave, Restless Wanderer! Disperse, ye Exiled Soul! .“

OOC - 5’ step out of reach. Draw weapon as move. Cast searing light (w/in Point Blank Shot)
    RTA - (1d20+10)[20], Dam - (7d6+1)[27]

Show
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Spells: (Unl) guidance, detect magic, create water, read magic, detect poison, stabilize, mending, ghost sound, mage hand / (8/8) cure light wounds, unseen servant, ray of sickening, divine favor, remove fear, bless, protection vs evil / (7/7) cure moderate wounds, levitate, minor image, spiritual weapon, burst of radiance, lesser restoration, spear of purity / (4/5) cure serious wounds, heroism, searing light, summon monster 3

15. - Top - End - #345

As his companions gang up on this unexpected opponent, Vershab notices something is off: The terrifying aura of despair that typically surrounds a mummy is absent. In spite of its appearance, this enemy acts like a mindless automaton. It isn't a mummy, in fact it isn't undead! Lehasti realizes this too, when Sarenrae's holy light fails to appear as she hits, hard - the flaming scimitar leaves its mark, burning some of the horror's bandages.

Natala's ray of light explodes on the thing's chest and burns a shallow hole, but her experience tells her that a true mummy would have been harmed a lot more by this attack.

Turi carefully steps into the perfect position before he strikes. One of the kukris buries itself in the "mummy's" back, but he notes that some of the blow is cushioned by the reinforced bandages... And it is no less aggressive for that. With a lack of expression that feels all the more implacable, the ancient protector of the dead strikes at Turi with its fist, a heavy blow that nearly dislocates his shoulder. Worse still, the bandages on its arm partly fall apart, animate, and wrap themselves around the boy's chest! In a smooth rebalancing movement, the creature attacks Lehasti, and a tangle of bandages restrains the Dawnflower's servant as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vershab figures that this is a construct most likely. Lehasti understands it's not evil.

Turi flanks with Azkin, hits once and disorients it. Lehasti hits once. In both cases, damage is limited, there has to be some sort of DR. On the other hand, fire seems effective. Azkin misses.

The damage from Natala's spell is really (3d6+1)[11]

The construct attacks (disorient penalty included)
    Slam #1 vs Lehasti (1d20+13)[21] damage (1d8+9)[12]; cc(33) (1d20+13)[29] ed (1d8+9)[11]
    Slam #2 vs Turi (1d20+11)[22] damage (1d8+9)[17]; cc(33) (1d20+11)[13] ed (1d8+9)[10]

Both slams hit, Turi and Lehasti are grappled.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-23 at 11:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 2, Vershab's Status
    Show
    Male True Neutral Human Blood Arcanist, Level 7, Init 12, HP 51/51, DR 5/- (vs. Nonlethal), Speed 30 ft.
    AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +2, Base Attack Bonus 3
    0/5 Grave Touch Used

"Um...that is not, in fact, even undead...how interesting! I must get a chance to inspect its remains once we finish dismantling it!" exclaims Vershab with some enthusiasm for the unexpected surprise. "I am not as well-versed in arcane constructs, but they are still of some interest and this one is one I haven't seen before! When it ceases to be animated, please help me ensure that some of the wrappings are doused and preserved..."

As he speaks, the scholar finishes his spell, summoning a small flame that moves towards the construct, intent to burn the wrappings to ash! He then looks inside his scroll case, intent upon finding his scroll of Burning Hands.

Show
    Knowledge (Arcana) (1d20+15)[26] to identify the enemy

Finish casting Summon Monster III, summoning (1d3)[1] small fire elementals
    Then draw out his scroll with Burning Hands CL5 on it for use next round if the construct remains a threat.

The fire elementals moves to any openings in melee and attack
    Elemental 1 - Slam attack (1d20+4)[23], (20/x2) (1d20+4)[8], (1d4)[3] damage, (1d4)[1] critical hit damage plus Burn for an additional 1d4 fire damage unless it passes a DC 11 Reflex save
    Elemental 2 - Slam attack (1d20+4)[12], (20/x2) (1d20+4)[9], (1d4)[4] damage, (1d4)[4] critical hit damage plus Burn for an additional 1d4 fire damage unless it passes a DC 11 Reflex save
    Elemental 3 - Slam attack (1d20+4)[13], (20/x2) (1d20+4)[8], (1d4)[3] damage, (1d4)[1] critical hit damage plus Burn for an additional 1d4 fire damage unless it passes a DC 11 Reflex save

17. - Top - End - #347

The elemental fist connects and causes the bandages to catch fire. Vershab remembers reading about the way the ancient Osirion priests used leftover mummification bandages to craft golems, a complex process that fell out of favor centuries ago.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vershab learns 2 things: This creature is called a mummy golem, it's impervious to most magic, fire being an exception; and its construction makes it resistant to all non-magic weapons and to bludgeoning weapons.

Golem's Refl (1d20+4)[8]

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

"Ungh! I don't care what you do, as long as we break it fast!" The youngster wriggles, contorting his shoulders in a way that looks like it should be impossible, if not decidedly painful. At first, it appears to be totally irrelevant, as he clearly fails to establish any kind of advantage. After a few moments, however, he manages to slink free of the bindings ((I think/hope?)), and steps back to catch his breath.

Spoiler: Turi, round 2
    Show
    Show
    Turi
    Male N Human Fighter 1 / URogue 6 (Knife master), Level 7, Init +5, HP 56/73, Speed 30
    AC 22, Touch 16, Flat-footed 17, CMD 21, Fort 8, Ref 11, Will 6, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Mistmail (mist form- 20% concealment), Amulet of natural armor, Ring of protection (+5 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Nat, +1 Def)
    poisons, potions
    Escape artist R's edge

Turi has the first escape artist rogue edge unlocked- allowing him to use that skill to escape a grapple as a move action instead of a standard. (1d20+11)[14] vs baddy's CMD. If it works, grand. If not, try again with the standard action. (1d20+11)[25] If the second works, 5-foot step away?

If the first attempt succeeded, shank and then 5-foot step away (assuming space to do so)
    (1d20+12)[19] (counting flanking)
    (1d20+12)[15] CC (30+, x2)
    (1d4+7)[8] dmg
    (1d4+7)[11] crit bonus
    (3d8)[16] sneak stab

If sneak stab hits, reapply disorient, lowering attack rolls by 2, with an additional penalty of 2 vs Turi.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala blinks in confusion as the creature seemed barely phased by the beam of light. The verbose scholar explains the trick - it was not undead, but a magical construct! ”Very well - let us destroy it with blade and bow ..“

Holding out her hand, a well-crafted glowing bow appeared suddenly. She narrowed he eyes and waited for her opening.

OOC - move back further out of reach (but stay w/in 30’). Drop longspear, summon Ancestral Weapon (Comp shortbow)
    Show
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Spells: (Unl) guidance, detect magic, create water, read magic, detect poison, stabilize, mending, ghost sound, mage hand / (8/8) cure light wounds, unseen servant, ray of sickening, divine favor, remove fear, bless, protection vs evil / (7/7) cure moderate wounds, levitate, minor image, spiritual weapon, burst of radiance, lesser restoration, spear of purity / (4/5) cure serious wounds, heroism, searing light, summon monster 3
    Martial flexibility: 6/6; AW: 6/7: Spirit shield: 6/7; Blessings: 2/2
    Effect: Spirit Shield (+6 armor; 1 hr); AW (+1 enh comp shortbow, 1 round)

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Azkin looks from the comparatively ineffectual results of his companions' attacks to his own simple spear. Recognizing the pointlessness of that line of attack, he prayerfully reaches one hand out to steady his mistress.

Gasping in pain mingled with surprise, Lehasti struggles against the grip of the golem's bandages, bolstered by the cleric's holy touch.

Show
    Show
    Show
    Lehasti Gesmeha
    F LG Human Paladin, Level 7, Init 1, HP 76/85, Speed 20
    AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 23, Fort 14, Ref 9, Will 10, CMB +14, Base Attack Bonus 7
    +1/Flaming/Flaming Burst, Continual Flame Flaming Puzzle Falchion +1 +14 (2d4+7, 18-20, x2)
    Breastplate +1 (+7 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Touch of good: +2 to Attacks/skills/ability checks/saves, 1 round.
    Show
    Azkin
    AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 9, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Longspear 5 (1d8+2, x3)
    Condition None

Azkin will use Touch of Good to give Lehasti +2 to stuff, but particularly attack rolls (which I understand to apply to CMB checks). If not.... please let me know and I'll try to think of something useful for Azkin to do instead.

Spoiler: Azkin's AoO
    Show
    Does not include flanking. Please apply as appropriate.

Attack: (1d20+5)[19]
    CC: (1d20+5)[18] for x3 on 25
    Damage: (1d8+2)[3] piercing
    Crit damage: (2d8+4)[17] piercing

Lehasti will attempt to escape the grapple with a CMB: (1d20+14)[29]
    She will also Lay on Hands herself for: (3d6)[12] healing.

Spoiler: Lehasti's AoO
    Show
    Does not include flanking, and assumes the grapple has been broken.[/B] Please apply as appropriate.

(Power) Attack: (1d20+14)[27]
    CC: (1d20+14)[17] for x2 on 32+
    Damage: (2d4+14)[19] slashing and (1d6)[3] fire damage
    Crit damage: (2d4+14)[20] slashing
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2019-11-25 at 07:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #351

Turi and Lehasti struggle mightily against the bandages trying to capture and strangle them. Both manage to escape, but the battle isn't over. Turi manages to dodge a new attack, but the Dawnflower's warrior takes a glancing, but painful hit to the hip, and the bandages wrap themselves around her body again.

Spoiler
    Show
    The construct attacks again:
    Slam #1 vs Lehasti (1d20+15)[33] damage (1d8+9)[11]; cc(35) (1d20+15)[27] ed (1d8+9)[17]
    Slam #2 vs Turi (1d20+15)[17] damage (1d8+9)[13]; cc(35) (1d20+15)[29] ed (1d8+9)[11]
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-25 at 11:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 3, Vershab's Status
    Show
    0/5 Grave Touch Used

"I say, Lehasti, it is rather inconvenient for you to wrestle with the golem. I have a scroll that will cause a cascade of flame - do you mind if you are in its area of effect? It will likely singe a bit, but as a holy knight you are unlikely to take the full force of it..." Vershab asks as he looks for an opening. "All of my other spells would have a strong chance of hitting you instead of the golem...accursed magic-immune constructs..."

Show
    If there is a way to get the golem and none of our allies (save the fire elemental, who won't care) in the area of effect, then Vershab will use the scroll with Burning Hands (CL5, DC 16 Reflex Save - I think...the scroll rules aren't the clearest on this - for half damage) to deal (5d4)[15] fire damage.

The fire elemental takes a 5ft step to help flank and attacks
    Elemental 1 - Slam attack (1d20+4)[8], (20/x2) (1d20+4)[10], (1d4)[3] damage, (1d4)[1] critical hit damage plus Burn for an additional 1d4 fire damage unless it passes a DC 11 Reflex save

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala swears quietly under her breath as her only advocate is enwrapped and drawn towards the construct. She whispers, ”Desert wasp strikes twice ...“ then fires two arrows in rapid succession.

OOC - Swift Action to gain Rapid Shot, full attack to shoot twice with magic shortbow
    Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[27], Damage - (1d6+4)[6], Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[16], Damage - (1d6+4)[9]

Show
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Martial flexibility: 5/6; AW: 6/7: Spirit shield: 6/7; Blessings: 2/2
    Effect: Spirit Shield (+6 armor; 1 hr); AW (+1 enh comp shortbow, 2 round), Rapid Shot (1 round)

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

For only a split second, Turi's attention shifts to Vershab. A quick survey of the arcanist's position makes it obvious that the best chance for an opening against the golem is also going to put him squarely in line of literal fire. With a short wrinkling of his nose, the Garundi makes his choice. Lunging forward, he attempts to plunge both blades into the golem once more, this time using Azkin's efforts as distraction. As the anticipated wave of flame arrives, he tries to dive behind the golem, whispering a silent prayer to someone for the flames to pass over.

Spoiler: Turi, round 3
    Show
    Show
    Turi
    Male N Human Fighter 1 / URogue 6 (Knife master), Level 7, Init +5, HP 56/73, Speed 30
    poisons, potions
    Escape artist R's edge

5-foot step to flank, noting the incoming burning hands: (1d20+11)[30] (vs 16?). If successful, evasion mitigates all of the damage, instead of half.

(1d20+12)[32] (counting flanking)
    (1d20+12)[25] CC (30+, x2)
    (1d4+7)[8] dmg
    (1d4+7)[9] crit bonus
    (3d8)[19] sneak stab

(1d20+12)[13] (counting flanking)
    (1d20+12)[21] CC (30+, x2)
    (1d4+7)[10] dmg
    (1d4+7)[10] crit bonus
    (3d8)[14] sneak stab

If sneak stab hits, apply disorient, lowering attack rolls by 2, with an additional penalty of 2 vs Turi.

25. - Top - End - #355

Entangled in the stubborn wrappings yet again, Lehasti has no choice but to try and tear herself out: She does so, helped by Azkin's blessed touch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Azkin: Touch of Good
    Lehasti: Maneuver to break grapple (1d20+14)[32]

26. - Top - End - #356

While Lehasti pulls away, an arrow from Natala buries itself in the thing's foot, but it doesn't slow it down in the least. While Vershab showers the mummy golem with more flames, Turi manages to hide behind his larger opponent, and take advantage of the distraction to rip its arm open with a masterstroke of his kukri. Nevertheless, the construct mindlessly continues with its same tactic of attacking both the boy and the woman warrior in front of it. A powerful blow sends Turi reeling and the bandages grabbing, but Lehasti successfully deflects the attack on her side.

Spoiler
    Show
    I forgot to roll for the ongoing burn from the elemental last round.
    Fire damage last round (1d4)[2]
    Duration of fire (1d4)[1] rounds - ended
    Fire damage this round, if applicable (1d4)[1] - not

Refl save vs Vershab's Burning Hands (1d20+4)[12]

The construct attacks (disorient penalty included)
    Slam #1 vs Lehasti (1d20+13)[16] damage (1d8+9)[17]; cc(33) (1d20+13)[28] ed (1d8+9)[17] - miss
    Slam #2 vs Turi (1d20+11)[31] damage (1d8+9)[11]; cc(31) (1d20+11)[16] ed (1d8+9)[11] - hit, not a crit. Turi takes 11 damage and is grappled
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2019-11-26 at 03:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 4, Vershab's Status
    Show
    0/5 Grave Touch Used

"Here, Turi - this spell will make you slippery and help you get free from the golem's wrappings..." says Vershab as he casts a spell to conjure a thin coat of grease on the thief's armor.

Show
    Vershab casts Grease on Turi's armor, giving him +10 to CMD vs grapples and +10 to Escape Artist/CMB checks to escape a grapple.

The fire elemental may take a 5ft step to help flank and then attacks
    Elemental 1 - Slam attack (1d20+4)[6], (20/x2) (1d20+4)[14], (1d4)[4] damage, [roll4] critical hit damage plus Burn for an additional 1d4 fire damage unless it passes a DC 11 Reflex save

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Natala maintains her pressure on the construct, murmuring, ”Call if you need healing aid ...“ before firing two more arrows.

OOC - Full attack, rapid shot with magic shortbow (+1)
    Attack 1 - (1d20+9)[18], Damage - (1d6+4)[8]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+9)[14], Damage - (1d6+4)[9]

Show
    F +5 R +8 W +8
    Martial flexibility: 5/6; AW: 6/7: Spirit shield: 6/7; Blessings: 2/2
    Effect: Spirit Shield (+6 armor; 1 hr); AW (+1 enh comp shortbow, 3 round), Rapid Shot (2 round)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

Turi smirks slightly, as the magical sheen falls over his shoulders and chest. He gracefully wriggles free again, and returns his knife to where he thinks it belongs.

Spoiler: Turi, round 4
    Show
    Show
    Turi
    Male N Human Fighter 1 / URogue 6 (Knife master), Level 7, Init +5, HP 45/73, Speed 30
    poisons, potions
    Escape artist R's edge
    Grease: +10 CMD vs grapple, +10 CMD/Escape artist to break grapple

Move action escape artist to stop being grappled: (1d20+21)[35]. If that manages to fail, try again: (1d20+21)[22]

Hopefully the first succeeds, allowing for an attack without associated penalties.
    (1d20+12)[25] (counting flanking)
    (1d20+12)[24] CC (30+, x2)
    (1d4+7)[8] dmg
    (1d4+7)[11] crit bonus
    (3d8)[14] sneak stab

If sneak stab hits, apply bewilder, lowering AC by 2, with an additional penalty of 2 vs Turi's attacks.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Azkin winces at the heavy blow to his older brother, but grins in sudden, fierce hope as in one smooth motion, Turi wriggles from the creatures grasp and viciously jabs one dagger into a joint of its artificial limbs. As Lehasti deflects its assault on her, the young cleric drops his longspear, clapping both hands on the paladin's shoulders. "Break as the dawn upon this scheme of darkness!" he cries, his words ringing in authority above the din of the combat.

Lehasti seems to stand taller, the blessing of their shared patroness bolstering her with increased confidence; the paladin's expression of personal frustration and anger shifts subtly, becoming a mask of stern resolution much like a judge prepared to render sentence upon the guilty. Freed from the entangling grasp of the enemy, she plants her feet; as the construct seems to pause, shifted off-balance by Turi's disabling strike, she explodes into sudden action, sweeping her blade up and across the construct's space, and in a second smooth motion brings both arms down toward it in an overhead smash!

Show
    Show
    Show
    Lehasti Gesmeha
    F LG Human Paladin, Level 7, Init 1, HP 65/85, Speed 20
    AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 23, Fort 14, Ref 9, Will 10, CMB +14, Base Attack Bonus 7
    Breastplate +1 (+7 Armor, +1 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Touch of good: +2 to Attacks/skills/ability checks/saves, 1 round.
    Show
    Azkin
    Longspear 5 (1d8+2, x3)
    Condition None

Azkin: Touch of Good on Lehasti for +2 to stuff
    Lehasti: Full-round Power Attack, assuming flanking.

Attack 1:(1d20+16)[30]
    CC:(1d20+16)[17] for x2 on 34+
    Damage: (2d4+14)[19] slashing plus (1d6)[6] fire
    Crit damage: (2d4+14)[19] slashing plus (1d6)[3] fire

Attack 2:(1d20+11)[14]
    CC:(1d20+11)[23] for x2 on 29+
    Damage: (2d4+14)[19] slashing plus (1d6)[6] fire
    Crit damage: (2d4+14)[21] slashing plus (1d6)[4] fire